[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GTA VI is in development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: trevor.jpg (78 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
trevor.jpg
78 KB, 620x350
I want a different setting, i don't want Liberty City or Vice City

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/03/27/report-gta-6-in-development/
>>
>gta 6 in development
sure
>>
clickbait shit

sage
>>
GTA 6 is in development!? WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
>New York / Miami

>it's a GTA in the US episode
Where the fug is Amsterdam, Germany, Paris/France, London/UK, fantasy / scifi?

What even are the options? Does not the entire gaming industry realize what America is like? Most of them live in it.

What about mechanics?

>gangs
>drugs / trading
>mechs
>not RC-car driving
>not 1990s driving (IV.. all the cars were shit)
>properties
>car tuning
>drifting
>manual lowering with damage
>not auto-lock gunplay
>a crouch / decent covery system

>decent online
>>
>>335042883
You're saying the most profitable game ever is getting a sequel!??!

Jesus! You need some crazy sources for this claim!
>>
i t gotta be vegas or somewhere cool. but knowing ocksar it will be fucking san francisco and it will have a gay protagonist and the final boss will be the aids virus
>>
>>335044798
> Miami fuck no.

It's literally nothing but flat lands here and the side penis next to floor. No fuck no. Give me a damn city with environment. Give me THREE big city islands fuck dammit.
>>
It's gonna be Vice City. They did Liberty City, Los Santos and now, Vice City gets it's turn
>>
Shark cards made Rockstar $500 million and killed GTA expansions.

>>335044798
I'd like to see GTA set in a different country for a change. Maybe Russia, or another GTA London would be cool.
>>
Las Venturas or San Fierro

It's obviously not going to be Vice City because modern Miami sucks ass.
>>
London again.
>>
>>335044798
Rockstar want to play it safe, they don't want to risk triggering the normies by setting it in a foreign country. Americans get triggered hearing accents they aren't familiar with and they struggle to understand it and it makes them uncomfortable.
>>
>>335047272
What do you imagine Vice City is?

The point of the OP is that these are sorta overplayed.

Also..
>muh interesting map meme
Gameplay.

>>335048275
R* even posts satirically on forums now.
>>
>>335047805
Pretty sure they're doing the time travel thing.

VI(ce) City..
>>
>>335047805
They can always explore different time eras like they did with vice city.

70s-80s Miami

30s-40s Liberty city/Carcer city (which was mentioned in V) for an actually decent 2k sandbox mafia game.
>>
>>335049125
>New York right before alternating current
Would rather have castles t.b.h.
>>
>>335042883
Bully 2 when?
>>
>>335044396
They seem to release a new GTA every 4 years now, and it's already been 2.5 so yeah it's common sense they've started the next one.
>>
>>335042883
bit cheeky considering they haven't finished V yet
>>
>New York
>Los Angeles
>Miami

Those are high-level iconic American cities, which is why they worked relatively well. Nowhere else in the US is as iconic or culturally relevant.

Atlanta is not as culturally saturated as the big three, Boston is not as culturally rich, Denver is not as culturally rich, etc.

I can't think of a setting for GTA that would work that isn't one of those big three because GTA relies on a deep and universally known local culture to parody.

Chicago or Detroit MIGHT work, especially since Detroit is already featured as Carcer City or whatever, maybe they could do Chicago AND Detroit? Or Chicago, Detroit, and some Canadian city like Toronto? Shit, throw in Milwaukee and center it around Lake Michigan or some shit.

People who want a foreign city would be satisfied, and the actual national border would make it easier to justify locking off that city until the game progresses. Chicago is pretty rich culturally, and it fits the whole ghetto/downtown/shopping district/rural country paradigm that they used for San Andreas.

Chicago politics are already corrupt to the level that Rockstar creates with their parody anyway so they'd have an easy time of it.

My final answer is: Chicago/Milwaukee/Detroit/Toronto
>>
>>335042883
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY RED DEAD 3
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>335042883
I dread myself thinking this. But I really think R* should stop making "le 'murrican parodie". It stopped being funny a decade ago and the plot of each game just suffers tremendously because of it. RDR showed that they can do something semi serious. Hopefully they can get a big boy writer with all the billions they made and do a respectable storyline (and drop multi character shit).
>>
>south florida "dixieland"
>miami type city
>naples type city
>Immokalee type city
>arcadia type city
>everglades
>bahamas (one or two small islands to the right of the map)
> gangs (Hatian/cuban/mexican/rednecks)

Little things
>car mirrors break off
>walk slower through swamp areas
>take meat shields
>throe bodies in swamp for gator chow
>>
>>335052134
Throw* damn my american fingers.
>>
Why do they keep making these god awful degenerate nigger games
>>
>>335052134

Florida fucking sucks though family, I'm from Naples and I've been to all of those cities. Everywhere would feel like the country from San Andreas because all of those cities are full of meth tweakers aside from Naples which is exclusively occupied by the elderly.
>>
>>335052384

Because degenerates and niggers dominate the market

Don't go back to /pol/, stay a while :^)
>>
>>335042883
have it be set in the 80s please
>>
Carcer City all the way. WICHITY MAAAAAN!
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.