[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate lost Izalith so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: chaos-eater-large.jpg (70 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
chaos-eater-large.jpg
70 KB, 600x338
Why do people hate lost Izalith so much?
>>
>>335041886
Many many things.
>>
Blinding lava, shit half T-rex enemies, ugly scenery, worst boss in Souls history.
>>
Level design was really shitty.
Also the lava too bright.
>>
>>335041886
Because it shows clear signs of unfinished game.
>>
>>335042143
It had a nice and unique design, I can't think of any enemies that were bullshit, and it had some nice farming potential.

Only thing I can think of that was bad was that is was pretty linear.
>>
>>335041886
Dragon butts
Literally unfinished
Most enemies are rehashed bosses placed randomly
Worst bosses in the whole game are all located here
>>
I liked the design but it just felt like they hadn't really thought it through. And the bed of chaos is conceptually interesting but it was executed fucking terribly, especially for a boss with a great soul.
>>
Is the Undead Burg the most well designed area or is it just me?
>>
>>335041886
Because it embodies how unthoughtfully designed Meme Souls is.
>>
>>335041886
Pretty much everything up until you got past dragon ass land was recycled content.

That and people couldn't git gud against the easiest boss in the fucking game.
>>
It hurts your eyes
>>
File: 1436195510348.jpg (133 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1436195510348.jpg
133 KB, 400x505
>>335044404
>>335044448

>Being this edgy

don't worry m8's, it'll be fine.
>>
>>335044649
Like how Toblerone hurts your hands?
>>
>>335041886
My biggest problem with it is that you can't warp there to farm Red Slabs.

Its a very weak area with a dumb boss but other than that it's nowhere near as bad as people say it is.
>>
>>335041886
It is a lackluster area.
>>
>>335041886
it physically hurts to look at, and the level design is just...bad, it's really astounding that they manage to make such a wide open area feel so confined.
>>
It just felt really rushed, also the bed of chaos is an absolutely dreadful excuse for a boss
The place also just reminded me of that lava level in sonic 06 which didn't help much either
>>
>Lava won't et you see shit
>stupid ass enemies that I actually never bothered to fight since they are fucking annoying.
>horribly connected
>worst boss in the game by far
>too many sidebosses. There's like three of those fucks and they are all boring shitters
Even the stupid invisible place was better and that was some fucking drag
>>
>>335044704
Accepting a game is shit is as edgy as a cloud could be, fagsouls fanboy.
>>
>>335041886
Geez, did i pick a bad day to wear white
>>
>Lava can become very strainful on the eyes
>The constant FWOOSH sound every time you walk on lava gets real fucking annoying
>Bonfires are terribly placed; If you die at the boss you're in for a long fucking treck back
>Stupid dragon leg enemies
>The shortcut is equally annoying thanks to a Titanite demon that can kill you just by turning around on a small bridge
>Worst boss fight in the game
>Worst designed too; bug controlling tree controlling fire thing? The fuck am I meant to be looking at?
>>
Mandatory running on lava, bed of chaos, and a billion ass demons that have insane aggro ranges
>>
Lava lake and the boss.
That temple area in between was alright.
>>
>>335045450

>edgy as a could could be

hoho friendo, looks like you're a poet. Do you Will you write me a sonnet?
>>
>>335043452
Pretty much this
>>
i thought it was fine after the lava, but then the boss was complete shit. so i guess the middle part with the ruins and solare was okay
>>
>>335041886
I played it at launch, when the Dragon Butts were still psychic.
>>
>>335045630
Don't worry anon, I got it.
>>
>>335046742
The most problem I had with the boss bed of chaos is the long backtrack when you die, until you find out how to beat it.
The fight itself was better than ceaseless discharge, which sucked dicks.
>>
Why do people say unfinished? It seems fine.
>>
>>335048209
Good times.
>>
i dunno it was kinda gay and also lame
>>
>>335048425
Because they said it was unfinished.
>>
>>335048425

The "people" saying it was unfinished also happen to be the director of the dev team.
>>
>>335044154
It's a great area, but the best designed area in DS1 is probably the Painted World. It's gorgeous and well designed. I think it was the first one they did, so that makes sense
>>
>>335048803
>>335048828

It seems like a fully formed area, are there elements missing, or is he just doing the "muh time" thing that all creators do?
>>
>>335048309
Thank you.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.