[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found a 120gb slim PS3 with 4 controllers and a charging dock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
Found a 120gb slim PS3 with 4 controllers and a charging dock for $60 at a yard sale. Worth it /v/?
>>
>>335033408
holy fucking shit, OP, YES.
Grab MGS Legacy Collection for it, and you got the definitive MGS machine in your hands!
>>
Barely. Controllers are worth 10 bucks each, tops, and you never need more than 1 because no games support them.

You'd be much better off spending a few more bucks on one that you can install CFW on, because then all the games are fucking free.
>>
>>335034376
tell me about this CFW. I have a PS3 fat....will it werk?
>>
>>335034376
Genuine Dualshock 3's are worth more than Dualshock 4. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Buy the ps 3.5 insted ;)

Regards,
Memster
>>
>>335034514
Not if you've updated past 3.55 firmware.
>>
>>335034626
The one's here are all real.
>>
>>335034514
Doubtful. You might be able to pay some kid 30 bucks on eBay to downgrade your shit for you.

>>335034626
You're kidding, right? They're cheap as shit.
>>
a little suspicious for 60$ but worse case scenario you'll have 4 controllers and a charging dock for the new ps3 you'll buy if this one is a dud
>>
>>335034797
I've got a PS3 actually but it's the old MGS4 one, i'm mostly getting this for the controllers and a spare console if i need it.
>>
buy it, check the firmware. if it's above 3.55, give it back to him.
>>
>>335034376
>You'd be much better off spending a few more bucks on one that you can install CFW on, because then all the games are fucking free.

If the PS3 has been sitting in a closet offline for years like many have, it'll still be on low enough firmware.
>>
>all these CFW fags
I paid 170€ for similar set few years ago. Came with a few installed games as well. Has worked perfectly fine so far, and I haven't even tried to jailbreak it.
>>
>>335035117
If you played Dark Souls on it, like anyone sane who owned one, you'll be above the required FW.
>>
The model is a CECH-2001a, don't know if that means anything.
>>
>>335035438
what's your point?
>>
Almost every single "console exclusive" both looks and performs better on 360.

Just so you kmow
>>
>>335036048
Lords of Shadow plays better on the ps3
>>
>>335035678
Means it's able to be modded easily.
>>
>>335035678
i already knew it was downgradable from it being 120gb
whether or not you actually need to upgrade requires you to know what firmware it's on, and that can only be done by turning it on and checking
>>
>tfw PS3 update just released and have to wait for Rebug to update
>>
>>335036123

Why I said "almost"
>>
>>335033408
no, send me the address and I'll take a better look myself
>>
>>335034743
>You're kidding, right? They're cheap as shit.

That would be the presumption. Frankly they go for the same £45/$60 at any trusted retailer that still sells them. Nearly anything on Ebay is fake.
>>
Firmware is 4.46 which blows, but the system works just fine otherwise.
>>
>>335036817
maybe it's already jailbroken?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.