[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeon Defenders 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: jwhGbQV.png (581 KB, 1266x926) Image search: [Google]
jwhGbQV.png
581 KB, 1266x926
Thoughts on Dungeon Defenders 2?
They dropped the moba idea ages ago and unlike the first game you can buy heroes with in-game currency instead of just real money.

We just got Abyss Lord, Gun Witch is the next new hero(pic related), after that is EV2Like the robot in the last game, and in an undetermined order after that are the Barbian and Lavamancer.

What hero are you excited for? I'm excited for the Gun Witch
>>
>>335022859
>shit character designs
>linear interpolation
>the game
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
>>335023114
>>shit character designs
>implying this is shit
>>
>>335023279
lol thanks for making my point
>>
File: background-43d59c6c06.jpg (135 KB, 1920x760) Image search: [Google]
background-43d59c6c06.jpg
135 KB, 1920x760
If you're that interested all you have to do is ask
>>
>>335022859
Why did they change the design? Left one look like a witch, right one looks like a little girl
>>
The game had so much potential but they actually managed to fuck that up. All they had to do was to do was to use all the things that made DD1 such a fun game and use in DD2, but they're doing exactly the opposite.
They've removed/gutted all the things that made DD1 such a nice game so now all there's left is a bland boring game.
>>
>>335024109
>They've removed/gutted all the things that made DD1 such a nice game so now all there's left is a bland boring game.
Explain what "made DD1 such a fun game"
>>
>>335023279
Newfags can't tetraforce.
>>
>i brough my first early access ever
>month later LOL ITS FREE
at least i didn't get starbound or cubeworld
>>
>>335024170
For once the maps were actually large and fun and not just "Build all your towers at the core". You actually ran around the map repairing the towers, defending the spots that needed to and such,
In DD2 all the maps are tiny and you just build all your towers at the same spot and afk there until something one hits all the buildings.

There's also zero strategy involved in DD2, even not after like 1-2years(?) there's still just one viable build option that is blatantly better than everything else, so no matter what lane you just build the same shit over again and again.
In DD1 you actually had to think and had to plan when you built your setup, because the maps was actually much bigger and there was much lane variation(like stairs, long corridors, and such) you actually built different things depending on the lanes.

Also you actually felt more powerful when you upgraded your character and got more better gear(It was a bit ridiculous at the end tho) while in dd2 the only thing that's different is that you do a bit more damage. It never feels like you're actually getting more powerful.

And the worst part that I think at least is how the monster works now. Basically the moment a ogre or hard hitting mob gets close to your towers/barricades it's fucked in a few seconds no matter how much HP they got. And suicide gliders and shitty mobs like that are just the worst, unless you got 10000x damage to deal with them you're fucked no matter what.
>>
>>335024807
fuck, bought
>>
>>335024884
>In DD1 you actually had to think and had to plan when you built your setup
literally spam builder squire balistas on entire map
survival nightmare on aqua map was absolute borefest
>>
>>335024884
>In DD2 all the maps are tiny and you just build all your towers at the same spot and afk there until something one hits all the buildings.
>There's also zero strategy involved in DD2, even not after like 1-2years(?) there's still just one viable build option that is blatantly better than everything else, so no matter what lane you just build the same shit over again and again.
>while in dd2 the only thing that's different is that you do a bit more damage. It never feels like you're actually getting more powerful.
>And the worst part that I think at least is how the monster works now. Basically the moment a ogre or hard hitting mob gets close to your towers/barricades it's fucked in a few seconds no matter how much HP they got. And suicide gliders and shitty mobs like that are just the worst, unless you got 10000x damage to deal with them you're fucked no matter what.
Sounds like you haven't played it in a very long time, I suggest you give it another go, I'm positive you'll see things have changed massively.
>>
>>335025083
I know this is probably some Trendy dev trying to shill the game but there's more than that.

A lot of my friends actually left the game because the leveling in this game is probably the worst I've seen in a game ever(I know you can at least level all your characters now). You gain nearly NO XP at all playing, you get even less XP playing harder maps. So all you do is do your build and AFK press G sometimes for around 10-20 hours. There's no challenge and no reward in doing this.
I'm a defense council and was super hyped for the game, I still check it out now and then but I still think you guys got a long way to go still.

Can I ask the reason why the leveling is just so tedious, with no reward or challenge and it takes way too long when the "end game is the real game"? I actually think that's one of the things that scares most people away, the horrible leveling grind.
>>
>>335025323
I also forgot to add that adding limited item rewards in a game that's not even out yet is probably one of the shittiest design choices ever. I don't know if you guys at Trendy realize how many people you're isolating for the game with this shit. There's so many people that's not going to bother playing because they can't get all those shiny pets and such because they were limited under ALPHA/BETA.
>>
>>335025323
>I know this is probably some Trendy dev trying to shill the game
With that attitude it's almost like you're trying your hardest to hate the game

>A lot of my friends actually left the game because the leveling in this game is probably the worst I've seen in a game ever(I know you can at least level all your characters now). You gain nearly NO XP at all playing, you get even less XP playing harder maps. So all you do is do your build and AFK press G sometimes for around 10-20 hours. There's no challenge and no reward in doing this.
Like I said, you haven't played it in a really long time, it's nothing like you think it is
>Can I ask the reason why the leveling is just so tedious, with no reward or challenge and it takes way too long when the "end game is the real game"?
Because there is no challenge in leveling up, it's the journey to leveling that's the challenge
I beat End Game on Insanity for the first time this morning after I decided I was strong enough to attempt it, got pretty crazy at the end where to my surprise two ogres spawned instead of one.
>>335025750
>limited item rewards
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>335025943
>What do you mean by this?
They have these monthly missions were you can get limited pets and reward only available during that time. I think this is a quite nice idea, the problem is that they're doing this in early acces/beta/alpha, which means that new players are going to feel really bad about this.
I know for example that my brother wanted to try out the game but when he heard about that.

>With that attitude it's almost like you're trying your hardest to hate the game
I'm doing exactly the opposite, I even bought your defense council the moment it went up.
And if you've been on the DD2 forums you can see that there's so many people trying to love and wanting this game to be fun. But the devs at Trendy seems to somewhat look down on the community thinking they know better than the players.
It's starting to get better and Trendy actually dares to make some changes that the community wants now, but there's a long way to go.
>>
>>335026602
> but when he heard about that he could not be bothered*
>>
>>335026602
No you're actually trying to hate it with all your might, you're speaking to me like I have any affiliation with trendy, in your mind if I'm somehow working for trendy everything I say is false.

But I don't work for trendy and everything I say is true
>And if you've been on the DD2 forums you can see that there's so many people trying to love and wanting this game to be fun. But the devs at Trendy seems to somewhat look down on the community thinking they know better than the players.
10/10 a perfect troll, I go to the forums too so I know what it's actually like there, until now I completely believed you. Good job
>>
>>335022859
I sincerely hope that right is the old design and left is the new, final version.
>>
>>335026840
>less polygons
It's the old design but this is the first they've shown of it, everyone is hoping for her new model to be redesigned like her old one, the new model looks too friendly.
>>
>>335026834
All right good luck with your game, you will need it.
You say that the game is perfect and super fun but apparently the majority of the people do not think that. The game is just dropping more and more people and most of the old players getting really tired of the poor management of Trendy.

I wish this game would succeed but the looks of it it will probably not do that.
But you can at least buy those 30usd costumes right?
>>
>>335026962
The right model looks like complete shit. The only part of it that isn't simplified compared to the left one is the braids, and the face is just plain dog shit compared to the left one that actually looked nice.
>>
>>335027076
5/10 for pushing your troll too hard
>>
>>335027107
Since when does more vivid colors and detail equal to simplified?
>>
>>335027271
>more vivid colours and detail
The right model has neither of those.
>>
>>335027210
different guy reading the thread out of interest and you have actually inspired me to not buy the game because you have been an absolute cunt about it and can't accept that this guy doesn't adore your shitty vidya
>>
>>335027393
Okay I see the problem now

Allow me to explain
<--Left Right-->
>>
>>335027458
You seem to have correctly identified your left and right, but I can only assume that you've gone and mirrored the image, if you somehow think the right is actually more detailed than the left.
>>
>>335027425
1/10
You were a successful troll, it's obvious you're upset you didn't get to drag it out any further, please calm down.

DD2 is not perfect, I accept it's not for everyone, but obvious lies don't work on me.
This started out as me thinking you just haven't played it in a long time and hoping you'd see its changed, but now I can see you're angry that you couldn't keep up the act forever.
>>
>>335027425
I'm actually not sure why he's so defensive about it, I gave him all my reasons why I didn't like the game and he just calls me troll.
I actually believe that this is someone at Trendy(The company that makes the game) trying to chill the game.
>>
After playing dungeon defenders eternity or whatever i really dont know if i will ever bother with DD2. That game seriously ruined my opinion of the company in general.
>>
>>335027720
Eternity is unanimously agreed to be a terrible version of the game, the original game and DD2 are much better

In DD2 as I mentioned in the OP, you can actually buy heroes with free currency instead of only real money like in DD1
>>
>>335027696
samefag is very obvious
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (333 KB, 1266x926) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
333 KB, 1266x926
>>335027594
I've marked everything the old model doesn't have with a red circle, and everything the new model doesn't have with a blue circle
>>
Bump
>>
bump
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.