[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what are the major differences between New 3DS and New 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: NewN3DSXL_black.jpg (98 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
NewN3DSXL_black.jpg
98 KB, 1000x1000
So what are the major differences between New 3DS and New 3DS XL?

I hear a lot of people dont like the bigger screen size because it makes games look uglier but that the normal sized New 3DS isnt big enough?

What would be the one to buy?
>>
I bought the smaller one because it has the matte finish + you can change coverplates + the screen is really not that small, got used to it. (A Nintendo 3DS XL user)
>>
That whole thing about seeing the pixels on a XL is stupid, it looks fine and ends up being better in games like XBX and OoT/MM because you can actually tell what you're looking at.

But you can change faceplates on the XL.
The normal fits in hand better and is lighter and of course more difficult to fit in pocket.
I think all the standard XL has an awful gloss finish which shows ever little finger print.
>>
>>335020430
The XL is for people who need glasses to read/have sausage fingers. That's what it was made for, t accommodate older players and Americans. With the regular 3DS, the XL's bigger screen was an improvement over the regular one, but the regular N3DS' screen isn't much smaller than the standard XL so that's not an issue anymore.
>>
I bought New 3DS Xl versio due playing mainly Monster Hunter and thought that larger screen allows me to enjoy game more and see the action better.

I'm not interested in changing covers and I bought hardcase cover to protect it from scratches.
Sometimes it feels akward to hold such large device in air, but it doesn't make it any less good for me.
>>
>>335020430
I would like to know as well
Also is the game library good compared to other handheld consoles?
What are some good games that makes 3DS worthwhile?
>>
>>335024543
For me Monster Hunter was reason to get N3DS over Vita. If you don't own Xenoblade on Wii it could be another reason to go for ds. Fire Emblem Awakening was good. I bought Super smash bros, New Leaf and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire games, but those were kinda "meh" games.

I'm not familiar with Vita game libary right now, but generally I feel that I can get more hours out from Ds games than Vita games.
>>
n3dsxl doesn't have gay m&m buttons
>>
>>335025236
^
This also
>>
>>335024543

>every pokémon game
>monster hunter
>mario remakes
>zelda remakes
>the odd good game like shantae

Here in Europe the games are completely out of stores 1-2 years after release though. And prices never ever drop.
>>
>>335015097
>>
>>335020430
>new 3ds is literally psp of this gen
>you can emulate almost everything
>you can clock your cpu for silky smooth experience
>you can stream your gameplay on PC
>>
>>335027049
Silky smooth 240p.
>>
>>335027209
>He wants 1080p on this tiny ass screen
Wow
>>
>>335027406
Its a fucking 5 inch on the XL. Go buy a fucking phone with 240p in 2016.
>>
>>335027542
>Its a fucking 5 inch on the XL.
Sorry, but you fell for XL meme
>>
>>335027662
How can you not play on the XL? I tried playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the regular n3ds it was afwul. I couldnt tell what was going on. After 2 weeks I got myself a grey n3ds XL and its much better now with games like Monster Hunter and Xenoblade. But I must say the Pokemon games are fine on the regular DS.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.