[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ports that weren't terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Doom3_LE_XBox.jpg (259 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Doom3_LE_XBox.jpg
259 KB, 1024x768
ITT: Ports that weren't terrible
>>
how was ogbox even capable of running that game
>>
>>335019320
ID magic. Think Carmack left before Doom 3 though. Half Life 2 had HUEG port too but I think it ran like shit.
>>
>>335020117
Carmack left id in 2013
>>
>>335020117
it was ported by someone else though, wasn't it?
The Doom 3 engine was built specifically for the Nvidia tech in the Xbox though.
>>
>>335020117

>Half Life 2 had HUEG port too but I think it ran like shit.
Having played the game, I can confirm.
Looked like shit and performed like shit.
>>
I tried going back and playing through this coop with a buddy since he had never played it before and didn't have a computer that could run it at the time. They fucking butchered the levels. I remember we quit before the demon's even showed up because half the fucking starting level was now just a square box with a door AND IT STILL RAN LIKE ASS. Not fucking terrible my third nut.
>>
>>335020564
it's slower in split screen mode
>>
I heard London has a good port. Comes with being a navel power i guess.
>>
>>335019320
The OG Xbox was a pretty powerful machine at the time. It put the PS2 and GC to shame that gen in terms of raw power.
>>
>>335019031
Best version of the game, since it removed the ability to be a scaredy baby that needed a flashlight.
>look at me, I'm a big bad PC gamer who needs to play only hardcore games.
>oh but can you leave a nightlight on, I'm scared of the dark.
>>
>>335021559
yeah, I mean, Riddick, Far Cry, Splinter Cell. All amazing for their time.
It was dropped way too early, but I don't think Microsoft had much choice due to their contract with Nvidia.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.