[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post your shitty game ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 27
File: game of bones.png (325 KB, 1382x1116) Image search: [Google]
game of bones.png
325 KB, 1382x1116
in addition to this

>you are a man who was condemned to hell

>you start out as just a skull and you collect bones to create your body

>as you advance you collect organs that grant you buffs (leg muscles give speed buff etc)

>your goal is to slowly you reassemble your body and make it back to the world of the living
>>
>>335017875
I'd play the shit out of this, unfortunately its probably doomed to le epic unity indie dev meme if it ever does happen.
>>
>>335018018
that'd be the only way to have it come to a reality though
is indie dev unity games
>>
>>335017875
>Dragon bones more resistant to damage than human bones
Yeah nah, Dragon bones are hollow
>>
>>335017875
Have you seen Hellraiser 1 or the short story it's based on?

That idea sounds inspired by it.
>>
>>335018183
they could be made out of carbon fiber for all we know. light but strong

the idea is that different bone types would have different advantages and disadvantages

larger bones would have a larger hit box

more durable bones would have a speed debuff since they are heavier

less durable bones have a speed buff since they are lighter

etc

>>335018419
hellraiser is one of my favorite movies actually.
>>
>>335017875
shittiest idea inbound
>an RPG game
>with large magic system, including dozens of spells of different kinds
>one of the starting perks to choose is "Non-believer"
>Effectively, makes you immune to ALL magic, both beneficial and hurtful
>can't gain health through potions, can't be healed by spells. Only by natural means, like herbology, doctoring, bandages etc
>also can't be harmed by spells.
On a scale of 1 to 10, tell me hos shitty my idea is.
>>
>>335018604
Dragon bones are hollow like that of birds due to the fact that they need to be able to fly. Dragons are just big prehistoric birdzards
>>
>>335018743
pretty bad

>>335018756
dragons don't exist. they can be made of whatever we want them to be made of
>>
>>335018860
I want a dragon made of silicon with strategically placed hole
>>
File: 1456218824926.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1456218824926.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>335018860
>dragons don't exist
>>
>>335018963
well, okay, they exist, but not as flying fire-breathing reptiles.
>>
>>335018743
Only if it also make you fat (big speed/DEX debuff), makes you an insufferable prick to everyone (CHA cap is low or dialogue options are unavailable regardless of CHA) and force you to wear only flame shirts and fedoras
>>
>>335019046
I expected this reply.
I was just thinking this would create overpowered class.
Like, a warlock who can wipe out entire parties save for few people, who just can't twist their minds to believe in magic.
Then again, them being hurt by swords and arrows would take them considerably longer time to heal. And mage can still bash you with his staff.
>>
File: hurrrr.jpg (13 KB, 203x181) Image search: [Google]
hurrrr.jpg
13 KB, 203x181
>>335019034
<you
>>
>>335018604
>>335018183
Obviously they would be fucking massive compared to human bones, so they're durable, but not as heavy as an equivalent massive bone from a mammoth or something.
>>
You're on a roller coaster
So are some other people
Just not on the same car as you
They can slow down and speed up like you would an old timely roller coaster that has someone actually on it and operating it
You want to kill each other with projectile based weapons ala tribes or unreal style

It's called Rail Shooter
>>
shooter where you have a shield.

You have an energy weapon and the energy you use both powers your shield and allows you to shoot. Reloading will regen your shield because of this
>>
File: Me.png (258 KB, 380x356) Image search: [Google]
Me.png
258 KB, 380x356
>>335019283
nah
<me
>>
File: 1461160511528.jpg (865 KB, 1717x1145) Image search: [Google]
1461160511528.jpg
865 KB, 1717x1145
A game that has either decent space stuff or a game that has pirating like ArcheAge but is not fucking ArcheAge.

>mfw Starbound let me down
>mfw ArcheAge let me down

Just fucking make a good pirating or space game, and make it multiplayer or co-op for me to fucking enjoy.

Jesus christ.
>>
File: 1402590142745.png (3 KB, 168x141) Image search: [Google]
1402590142745.png
3 KB, 168x141
I have an entire notepad file that fleshes this idea out to autistic lengths, but I'll save you the trouble and boil it down
>it's basically Fire Emblem, but you have numerical values instead of normal units who have to subtract/divide their enemies to death and add/multiply friendly values to win
>>
File: 1460693138425.jpg (70 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
1460693138425.jpg
70 KB, 560x432
>airships on Venus
>players can only spawn on airships and must build their airships on bigger airships because there isn't some indestructible base for everyone
That's basically it, everything else is just technicalities and explanation of the emergent complexity.
The number of non-explicit features that occur as a result of making an airship building game on Venus is like the number of accidental fractals in a -1.5 scale Mandelbox.
>>
>>335019429
Are you me

>starbound is empty and lifeless

>every 3D version is always shit
>>
>>335019990
And you know whats worse?

I have a team of friends, who I can raid or do whatever game with. So when we went pirating on archeage we made so much fucking money from stolen packs and shit.

On Starbound we literally PVP'd everyone to death and conquered planets and solar systems, but for what? the game is fucking empty

There are no good pirating or space multiplayer games, built around co-op. They are simply not out there.
>>
>>335020243

and even if we were to make one ourselves it would be shit ;_;
>>
>>335019327
Also oculus because duh

Someone hurry up and steal this idea already, free fuckin money, and a game for an expensive toy I will never play with.
>>
>>335020323
I know, I know.

Imagine if Starbound was good. Imagine if it had a world claim system, so if you claim a world, only you or people you allow can edit it.

With one simple fucking plugin like that, I would honest to God rent a server and open it for /v/ to use. Imagine the fucking fun.
>>
>>335018018
Why does everyone hate unity? Because it's overused? Ori was 10/10 and made in unity.
>>
>>335020420
the enemies are shit though
>>
>>335020516
So? With just that plugin I mentioned, I'd recruit a fucking army, join some faggy roleplay server and fucking conquer it.

That alone would be absolutely amazing to do.
>>
Sup consul
>>
>>335020723
who?

>>335020673
I like single player though.
>>
>>335020851
single player is fine and dandy, and I would honestly settle for a good space game that is single player

co-op would be the next best thing

a full blown multiplayer, planet exploring, ship flying thing would be amazing though.
>>
File: 1460348483812.gif (540 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1460348483812.gif
540 KB, 500x475
> le two orphans
>siblings bro and sis
>escape orphanage, or they will be sold as slaves separably
>find out your mum and dad weren't didn't die in a normal accident
>grow and lvl up your fight stats and avenge them
>go on epic adventure in a small floating house and create a deep connection with your sis :)

catch is the world is full of magic and the weak either submit or die
the onichan is magic-less but his "dad" left a suprise in both of them
also the the sis is a bit yandere but not in the "im kill you and drink your blood" kind of way

if you guys want a more detailed story just ask :)
also for the gameplay im not sure if I want a regular jrpg or third person style
>>
Storage inc. In 3D
>>
>>335020956
>left a suprise in both of them
>in

his dick?

nigga you're disgusting

get that shit out of here
>>
File: 1454387794780.jpg (999 KB, 1350x887) Image search: [Google]
1454387794780.jpg
999 KB, 1350x887
>>335021000
>trips
niga i meant like a power up or something to protect them in the case the fathers "killer" comes in-contact with the kids
>>
>>335020915
that shit is expensive though

it's much more realistic to start with a single player game, flesh it out and make it detailed, and then add in multi player later on once you have the funds

as long as the dev team keeps in mind that multiplayer is a possibility and takes the necessary steps to pre-prepare the game for it code-wise so they don't end up fucked later on when they actually have to implement it
>>
>>335018743
Doesn't Final Fantasy Tactics basically do that? The lower your Faith stat, the lower the effect of magic on you, and there's an ability called Atheist that sets your Faith stat to 0 and makes you immune to all magic.
>>
>Age of Sail MMO

>Combat like Guns of Icarus online, but naval

>Multiple harbours across the world that need different ressources

>trade is facilitated by players

>new players start as deckhands, can be hired by players that already own ships

>player guilds can become ruling parties of towns and make management decision, expanding fortifications, raising taxes on trade
>>
File: 1458141746940.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1458141746940.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>first person police game
>advertised as a cop simulator where you first start investigating run of the mill crimes and get into small shootings and car chases
>get basics down like shooting at a range, running an obstacle course and driving maneuvers
>emphasis on sound design and atmosphere
>full body awareness with a fully interactive police cruiser
>majority of the game is spent driving
>as the game progresses it turns into a horror game, you start experiencing semi random events like figures latching onto your vehicle, your radio fuzzing out or lights flickering on and off
>later start investigating what appears to be a series of murders from the same killer
>can stop by truckstops, small towns and give stranded people rides back to places
>your car can break down in the middle of the road and you need to get out and fix the engine
>fix it and get back into your car
>it starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MCHI23FTP8
>>
>>335018963
>>335018860
>>335018183
t. dragon
>>
>>335017875
an occult detective noir game where eventually you uncover conspiracies, secret societies, cults, and fight off possessed people, zombies, and eventually hellspawn
>>
File: 1461183883743.gif (2 MB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
1461183883743.gif
2 MB, 294x294
>>335021224
>>Combat like Guns of Icarus online, but naval

I would literally suplex an indian man and break his neck just to have this.

That sounds fucking amazing.
>>
>>335021224
>like X but Y
That's not how you into game design.
>>
>>335021298
i like this.

horror games are too formulaic and predictable. some people are just too scared and want the same amount of whatever to get carried throughout the game or just to skip the end altogether.

not every game needs to be tied down with its specifics and mechanics.

this sort of unpredictability works for horror games and challenges players' bravery to carry on.
>>
File: eob6.jpg (231 KB, 914x600) Image search: [Google]
eob6.jpg
231 KB, 914x600
Shootfighter

You play as a young European/US fighter in the early days of Japanese MMA.

Has RPG elements (training, learning new moves etc.), side quests, romances etc. Yakuza sometimes get involved and you can either take a fall for them or refuse and face the consequences.

Start out fighting in small rooms in front of 40 people, and can climb the ranks until you're fighting in sold out Super Arenas.

It would have an arthouse aesthetic.
>>
>>335021656
wow i suck at typing i meant:

some people are just too scared and want the same continuous dose of terror to handhold them through game or just to skip to the end altogether.
>>
>>335018183
Dragons aren't birds, they dont have hollow bones because they use magic to augment their wing power by hundreds of fold.
>>
>game where God actually made super advanced AI robots
>these are His Angels
>Satan made a virus that corrupts the Angels into his own Demons
>game is set in the End Times and you play as a robot Angel flying around Earth killing other Daemons with your holy guns and swords and razor sharp wings and halo that shoots ripple beams
>deep moral gameplay choices like dual-wield swords or dual-wield guns
>or upgrade your wings into missile launchers, jet boosters or additional wings to become Seraph
>>
>>335021596
Why not? It's not like we're fantasizing about some kind of unattainable dream here.
Have you played GoIO? It'd be trivial to translate it into a naval setting. You just remove the y axis.
>>
>>335022009
There's nothing more boring in games than being overpowered as shit.
>>
>>335021217
Never played any final fantasy hames, bruh.
>>
>>335022089
the twist was that you were God the whole time and that your actions determined how humanity views you
>>
The only idea for a game I have is basically a much more depressing Borderlands.
>>
>>335022089
not if you're fighting ovepowered shit too
>>
>>335022024
But why not just play Guns of Icarus?
It just sounds like a combination of Guns of Icarus and EVE.
Which is a terrible idea, Guns of Icarus is action gameplay without all the worry of economy and EVE is good because you worry about economy.
There is a way to mix constant fast-paced naval battles with grand economy, but it won't fit your theme at all.
>>
>Take the travelling merchant idea from TES III-V
>Make that the whole game
>Crafting galore
>So much crafting
>Make money
>Craft more
>Combat is only for when you're being robbed or when you need to go get materials
>Can build anywhere you find room
>Also did I mention crafting?

Just imagine it more like a Single Player Rust, but Fantasy.
>>
>>335021920
>hundreds of fold.
Superior japanese constructed dragons.
>>
>>335022009
Your game idea is childish but
>>deep moral gameplay choices like dual-wield swords or dual-wield guns
Made me laugh, so upvoted
>>
An RPG where you don't gain stats, only perks/skills and your equipment is what levels up. As you fight with a weapon for a long time it becomes renowned based on its deeds, eventually allowing it to be named. If it doesn't break or is lost in battle first

You gain perks by fighting. Battle scars increase your health, slaying certain monsters makes you more adept at killling them, sparring with masters increases your skill, being touched/blessed by demonic or otherworldly creatures gives you strange powers.

The point of the game is to build a storied life for your character so that your weapons and deeds become legend
>>
>you play as a witch hunter
>a sorcerer curses him with lycanthropy because the hunter keeps getting caught up in his plans
>the hunter then exiles himself from his home town to keep his family and friends safe
>during the day you play in your human form, taking on quests from strangers and tracking down a cure for your curse
>at night you turn into a murderous werewolf that has to keep feeding, otherwise you'll lose control of yourself and get a game over
>there's a reputation system in place, one for both of your forms
>the more people you kill in either, others will start to fear you and hunters will be sent to kill you
>the opposite goes for how many people you save or help in either form
>as you level, you gain stat points
>you get 10 per level, and you can choose to either augment your human form by upping your strength, dex, etc.
>or you can spend 10 points to gain a perk in your werewolf form, gaining sharper claws or a roar that fears enemies
>the ending of the game is decided based on your reputation in both forms as well as how you spent your stat points
Basically Skyrim's lycanthropy system but if it were fleshed out to be an entire game and not made by Bethesda
>>
>>335022579
is this skyrim with a sword gimmick?
>>
>>335022383
Because there's room for hybrids?
You might just as well ask why people play Total War games when they instead could play either a grand strategy or an RTS.
>>
>>335021105
still sounds fucking lame.
>>
A character action game about a supercharged Frankenstein's monster who's an inspector-gadget style cyborg. Fighting styles include bare-knuckled brawing, an arm-mounted tesla cannon, and swinging around Igor like a flail

Think more of the Splatterhouse reboot than DMC
>>
>>335018743
Try Arcanum
game is split between Magic and Technology
if you spec deep into magic, your spells gets stronger but tech shit like robots and guns fail or get weaker around you so don't bring tech followers or use tech weapons/armor.
if you spec into Tech, your tech shit gets stronger but you get high magic resist which means magic heals and buffs won't work on you. enchanted weapons and armor don't work as well on you.
or you can just not spec into any of those and just use swords/axes/bows.
In the end, Magic is more OP and easy to raise than Tech.
>>
>>335022687
That's because grand strategy can work by division into singular RTS games.
It's not so much a hybrid as using the grand strategy to create RTS instances.
You're suggesting a true hybrid, which means there can actually be conflicts in gameplay, such as the very different pacing of the two games.
>>
>>335022649
What's that supposed to mean?
>>
>>335022579
that sounds very interesting.
>>
File: laughing bale.gif (2 MB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
laughing bale.gif
2 MB, 265x308
>>335017875
>game of bones

My idea is a visual novel that's reminiscent of Layton games when it comes to game play, but much, much longer. There is no gameplay apart from making decisions or solving puzzles and playing mini-games and all the puzzles/mini-games are relevant to the situation the character is in, such as boss battles or solving plot-relevant mysteries. You make choices that affect the plot, allowing for multiple endings, and multiple playthroughs with different puzzles/games.
>>
I had an idea like OP's pic but it involves trees, leaves, roots, vines, mushrooms and herbs instead of bones.
and you fight lumber related enemies like forest firemen, elite herbicide spray teams and lumber jackbots.
so you can be some slow tanky ass tree nigga and whack their shit like the AT-STs gets whacked by trees on Endor.
Or be a lewd ivy mushroom fungi thing and secrete some sexy pheromones to seduce men and animals to fight for you or deadly poisons to poison them or corrosive toxins to fuck their equipment.
Or some vines and moss that slowly slithers and strangles and suffocate.
or shoot leaves and seeds and fruits like it's fucking plants vs. zombies.

Title of game is Rootless
;_;
>>
File: 0047.jpg (527 KB, 1600x1106) Image search: [Google]
0047.jpg
527 KB, 1600x1106
Magical girl dungeon crawler where each death creates an evil copy of that magical girl that'll lurk throughout the dungeon, find you, and murder-fuck the shit out of you with all the abilities and strength they had at the end of their run. Defeating them as one would a normal monster doesn't remove them from the dungeon but purifying them (which involves sensual and in-depth hand-holding mechanics) does and reintroduces them as possible encounters in the dungeon that you can team up/beat up. Dying reverts them back as evil magical girls.

Reaching the end without a single death causes your first magical girl to become possessed and become the final boss for your next run(s) as a super-powered, hardier, version of their old self made of tentacles and discolored flesh until you defeat her and the cycle continues.
>>
Game where you are a feminist and you're trying to fight against male oppression. Your weapons are not swords and guns, but words and logic. The game never ends cause the amount of male rapists always increase, so you can keep playing the game forever.
>>
One team is heroes who have to find a certain number of treasure to win
Other team is mimics who can change into anything
>>
>>335017875
Mecha game where you fight giant ass kaijus and the the only way to damage them is to attack weak spots on the kaijus by using fucking attack on titan 3d movement gear shit and lil kaijus are there to fight edf style before big ass kaijus fights
>>
>>335023684
This will be fromsofts next game.
>>
How about a tokyo ghoul game where you eat humans and other ghouls while evading CCG. Story can be whatever.
Final Boss is Arima, unwinnable fight.
>>
>>335021341
Came here to post this
>>
File: 97441.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
97441.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>335017875
Tony Hawks Pro Skater x Shadow of the Colossus

The colossi are made of half pipes and shit and you have to clear gaps and grind or whatever to get to the weak spots

Then you have to do a particular trick over the weak spots to inflict damage
>>
>>335023021
Who's to say that that conflict doesn't fill a niche?
When I play Guns of Icarus, I feel like I'm lacking context. I will never be able to get into Eve, because I lack the patience.

Have players slowly transition from one to the other, all the while interacting with other players at different stages of that transition for context. I think it could work.-
>>
The Thing
As a multiplayer video game
>>
>Hatred: School Shooting Edition
>Two step game
>First step is making your autistic no life loser
>Spend a few weeks controlling him like a sim
>Have various different options on how you spend rhis time, different ones increase different stats
>Playing video games improves his coolness in the middle of action
>Talking on boards like FedoraChan boosts his hatred against women, chads, and other ethnicities
>Making vlogs regularly provides extra development boosts at the cost of increased risk of being found out by the police early
>Once your stats are all set on the final day, you get to make your ultimatum letter. Depending on how you write it will effect how you're scored in the second phase.
>So for example, you could focus your letter on condemning a certain group of people, which means if you kill that group, you get bonus points.
>Second phase is just the typical Hatred gameplay except in a school
>The goal is to get the highest score possible before dying
>Death by suicide provides bonus points
>Death by cops provides nothing
>Being arrested is game over
>>
A Pokemon ARPG spin-off that plays like a mix between Kingdom Hearts and Spectrobes

>The game would have you actually control the trainer during battle with your pokemon having commands set to one or two buttons. Reason is the trainer becomes parts of the combat.

>Plot is some evil organization is experimenting on pokemon and injecting themselves with DNA to get there powers and moves. You by unfortunate events get injected as well.

>Battles mechanics work now in that the protag can use up to 4 move slots for attacks as well as 2 assist attacks.

>Throughout the game, you follow the tracks of this organization and use moves to fight not only pokemon, but other trainers who have mutated their bodies.

>Your pokemon are still used, but can assign one of 4 available moves to a button that will be used as an assist during battle. Up to two pokemon assist can be used at a time, which lets you focus on customizing yourself for combat.

>Types are still a thing and depending on the majority of attacks, you become that type: if you have 3/4 fire moves, you become fire type. Have 2 fire moves, become a dual type. If all moves are different, you are defaulted to ??? type with no advantages/disadvantages.

Capture pokemon to use their DNA to learn moves they know. Since it's an ARPG each move uses from a general PP meter that stronger moves use more of.

That's the jist of it. What do you guys think? Fanfiction tier or ok?
>>
File: Adventure.png (252 KB, 717x533) Image search: [Google]
Adventure.png
252 KB, 717x533
A simple idea for an RPG:
You play the hero, go through the quest, save the world, travel with various people of various species and make a lot of choices (save a town or save a wild species; join forces with the ratmen or the owlmen; build a church or a mill; be a dick or selfless hero, etc).
All typical stuff, and you end up defeating the big bad guy and saving the world.
And then you get frozen in time for 1000 years. The second part of the game begins when you wake up again.

You get to travel the world and do some new quest. Since you defeated the evil guy 1000 years ago various cults and perhaps an outright religion has sprung up and started worshiping the great mysterious hero who saved the world and then vanished. Every choice you made has had impact on how the world and its people has ended up - but not always in predictable ways.
Some of your party members ended up as disciples and preached their own version of what happened back then, which then got warped even further in the many years you were gone.
The wild species you saved has killed many in your honor, as they see themselves as chosen by you. The owlmen are seen as a lesser species for not being chosen, while the ratmen are respected by all. The mill you built has become a religious symbol, to the point where the town couldn't use it - the town died out and all there's left are the still sacred ruins of the mill. You were a dick, but the scriptures has redeemed you and justified your every choice.
>>
You are a small, weak life form who is hungry, all the time. Basically Katamari Damacy except you start off eating insects, then chasing down small prey, taking on large prey and after that taking on SotC tier prey.

At the end you will have eaten the world feeling pretty full of yourself, but still hungry.
>>
>>335024072
Trouble with these kind of things are that it only takes one person to fuck things up for everyone else.
The idea is good in itself, but you'd probably end up with a community worse than L4D2.
>You didn't check that player after exactly 2½ minutes - we're gonna kill you and kick you,
>>
>>335022579
That's like Final Fantasy 2's level up system. Which is way it would probably be jank as fuck
>>
File: never..jpg (156 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
never..jpg
156 KB, 863x752
Necromancer in an open world game
Gather armies, build lairs, make few very powerful minions, don't wipe out every human there is.
Can be a moralfag or an edgelord. Put some demons here and there to kill or make deals with, quests, beasts, paladins hunting you, maybe a few other necromancers.
Morality system would make you human aligned or demon aligned, perks based on that.
Random events like a hero raid on your tower, demon raids on villages, angelic intervention if you're a very bad guy, a dwarf cirrus, whatever would be fun and more or less suit the game.
Gameplay would be in-world third person with some swordplay, lots and lots of magic and commanding a few special named units. You can always disguise yourself and go to nearest town to get quests or dance or something. When you set up a base you gain ability to command your army from there. You can attack villages and castles, put some defences around, if playing moralfag you can protect villages from bandits and demons, eventually can send some corpses to work for the local king as canon fodder.
>>
A game where you're a lone fisherman from whatever the fuck tiny village in a land beset by giant sea-beasts.
Some spell or whatever will eventually allow you to access deep parts of the ocean where you'll run around rocky outcrops or even the seabed fighting deepsea horrors.

Think shadow of the colossus and wind waker I guess.
>>
>>335024375
I'm making a roguelike similar to this but you play as a mad scientist who creates abominations by killing creatures/humans, taking their body parts, putting them together in various ways and reviving them to be used as a resurrected minion.

Imagine if you will, catching a couple of octopi, cutting off all the tentacles, then creating a base body with organs required to sustain life and just slap on like 30 tentacles.

Resurrect it and ta-dah, you have your very own tentacle beast. Possibilities are endless.
>>
Battlefront 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY
>>
I dreamed about a game once.

A colorful fast-paced arena shooter where everyone is on rollerblades and the battlefield is a skate park. I got the idea that the deep bowls and tunnels could be used as trenches for trench warfare. Jump up a half-pipe to fly in the sky and shoot some dudes, then drop back down and keep skating. Maybe there's a trick system for stylish kills or something, I don't know. It was super cool in my dream.
>>
>>335024006
This is so fucking dumb. I love it.
>>
>>335024843
>Tribes: Ascend
>>
FPS game with melee combat, ala shadow warrior.

Great warriors from throughout history are pulled through time into the near-future (let's say 20XX) and equipped with futuristic weaponry, and are the player characters.

It's set during the apocalypse and they've all been summoned by the last remnants of mankind's resistance to wage war against Hell itself and to seal shut the portal to it, since for some reason Heaven never performed the rapture to save the righteous and left the Earth and everyone on it to rot instead.

After the tutorial where the characters are taught about modern technology, demons, and guns you can play as any of the four warriors - each of which who wields a specialized melee weapon, with unique properties and an individual movement set for attacking, alongside their guns.

>A French knight, a valiant crusader who was journeying home when he was abducted. Melee weapon is a sword, damascus steel and blessed by the Church.
>A Cherokee warrior, summoned while in the midst of a violent battle. Wields dual tomahawks, of which he has a seemingly infinite supply ready to throw at any time.
>A retired Roman Legionnaire, who took place in the war against Hannibal and sacking of Carthage. Summoned while relaxing in his villa, his weapon is a mighty spear - freshly crafted out of cutting edge alloys in the future, with the ability to penetrate through multiple demons.
>A Maasai moran, summoned while on the hunt. Wields a club strong enough to sunder armour and shatter demon's bones in a single strike.

Campaign has co-op where other players can play the other warriors that you don't.

You kill FUCKLOADS of demons and battle your way across Europe and Asia to find the portal, then you literally beat Satan himself back inro it before you close it.
>>
>>335022579
>your equipment is what levels up
Dark Cloud

Also here's the problem with that leveling system

>don't have universal stats, only specialised perks
>spend a month fighting dragons, get all the dragonslaying perks
>I can now dominate all dragons with ease
>get killed by the first dog I meet because I've never fought one before
Dumb
>>
>>335022579
Is this how Todd pitched Skyrim?
>>
>>335024006
Best idea in the thread, goddamn you're expanding my mind here on how underutilized the skate genre is
>>
>>335025862
>played dark cloud demo as a kid
>loved it but never got around to playing the full game
There are areas outside of the caves, right? I watched a speedrun and the game ended after the ninth (eight?) dungeon by the looks of it.
>>
>>335024006
This is wonderfully retarded.
>>
>>335026218
Yeah. Go try it out, it's interesting. I may be biased. Flawed like most launch titles but it tried a lot of quirky things. Randomly generated dungeons, weapons level up and have branching pokemon-like evolutions, civilian areas can be customized like a city building sim.

One little thing I always thought was cool was that you could attach charms to your weapons to give them buffs, but if the weapon transformed with charms attached they'd fuse and become permanent buffs. So min maxing was about ensuring the weapon had the best possible charms on it before level up time.
>>
>>335022225
That doesn't make the game compelling in the moment though, it's just a flimsy justification for bad balancing
>>
>>335024006
this is the best idea in this thread
>>
File: 1459340776520.jpg (121 KB, 529x359) Image search: [Google]
1459340776520.jpg
121 KB, 529x359
>>335024843
Sounds pretty fuggen radical.
>mfw doing a triple backflip and then shooting a guy in the head
>>
>>335025314
Oh god its true.
>sadness overwhelming
>>
>>335024209
Damn, that's neat
>>
>>335017875
Who wants a shitty turn based RPG?
>Literally just a road trip RPG
>Focuses on the adventures of 5 tenuous friends and how far they're willing to go for each other.
>The big idea was to have the game focus a lot on item-based combat. Characters had unique specialties that allowed them to use special kinds of items, etc.
>Also has a fatigue system, where every move the characters made would take up X points of fatigue. Once the bar was filled, the character would miss X no. of turns based on how far over their fatigue gauge they went.
That's as far as I got unique mechanics wise. I had a pretty basic plot outlined for it, and the overall mood I wanted the game to have was that of a dry black comedy. It's nothing special, but if anyone here is actually making a vidya and (for some reason) liked either of those barebones ideas feel free to use them.
>>
mobile game
mmorpg
procedurally generated assignments
you go to some place irl, play a cyberpunk-themed hacking minigame to complete your objective
can hack other players (penalty for distance) so you don't have to be physically at the mission location if other player is close (like remote controlling their device to do your mission) or block their ability to complete objectives themselves
>>
>>335017875
H-JRPG where fighting is enhanced by boning. Physical prowess is boosted by hard, intense sex while magical power comes from emotional lovemaking.

Different non-combat skills are developed from gaining various fetishes. Getting into bondage ups your blacksmithing, domination ups your charisma, etc.

Plot involves stopping a necromancer who became so narcissistic and jerked himself off so hard that he unlocked a wellspring of infinite mana and became a lich. Party members include jack of all trades hero, dwarf/Orc fighter pair, and sweet cleric/Druid girl.

The reason this shot happens are that the worlds gods are all sex-crazed perverts and grant boons for following their ways. Big two are punchgod and magicgoddess and the rest are minor fetish gods.
>>
>>335028679
So Bravely Default system? I can dig it.
>>
Not my idea but someone suggested a game where you roleplay a comfy inn owner in a fantasy setting. In charge of lodging and giving drinks to heroes, villains, bad guys, bandits, all sorts of stereotypical D&D character cliches, etc.

I liked the idea a lot.
>>
>>335017875
No idea what the story would be but I've got the gameplay down
>a 2d pixelated 4-player level based platformer/beat-em-up with a bunch of different characters who all level up to get different skills á la castle crashers, also friendly fire would be enabled

How shitty is it
>>
>>335017875
My problem with the OP picture is how do you obtain unbroken bones from skeleton enemies you smash to death with melee weapons? The durability thing kinda falls apart altogether.

Or is it fucking magic ain't gotta explain shit?
>>
File: 1445319073841.jpg (73 KB, 421x480) Image search: [Google]
1445319073841.jpg
73 KB, 421x480
Its a Game like mount and blade but the setting is an inter solar system war with mechs
>>
>>335029489
>>335029489
well you kill by attacking their head, so eventually, even if you accidentally get their other parts, replacing will be better

unless you git gud
>>
>>335017875

My dream game is the most advanced hacking simulator ever made.

It would look and feel like an actual OS as much as possible, with plenty of customization and options. The main thing to do is use the alternate internet, like TOR's onion links.

From there, you could join hack groups, take on jobs on shady Russian websites, get fucked over, fuck others over, buy all kinds of software, steal software, sell software, buy hardware, sell hardware, hack into personal computers, government computers, websites, companies, steal data, wipe data, modify data, commit fraud, steal money, extort others, join factions fighting for a free internet, join the government fighting for a secure internet, snitch on others, release viruses into the wild, sell drugs, order your rivals to be assassinated, assassinate people yourself, etc.

And the world would react in kind, sites will run news stories about your escapades, other hackers will look up to you, fear you, bully you, try to stop you, people will put prizes on your head, companies will thrive off the misery of their rivals, improve their security in fear of being targeted, go bankrupt after one too many hacks, new companies will rise from the ashes, all while the government and Interpol would be searching every nook and cranny for a trace of you when your name becomes (in)famous enough.

Every security system would have a system in place that could be bypassed or broken in multiple ways, so you'd be able to hack the way you'd want it, though not all options would be as effective. Some ways are slower but have a higher chance of succeeding, some ways are harder to find out than others. Etc.
>>
>>335029150
Pretty much, except you only loose turns if you max out a gauge and there's no way to spend them all at once. I should really get around to playing Bravely Default, actually.
>>
File: 1381065650029.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1381065650029.gif
2 MB, 500x390
>You have a legitimate choice on whether or not to side with "good" or "evil"
>the ending changes based on which side you choose
>>
>>335029885
Can we join forces? I like the thought.

>>335029035
>>
>>335030246
Possibly, but my idea is meant as a single player experience
>>
File: slimes.png (37 KB, 1318x844) Image search: [Google]
slimes.png
37 KB, 1318x844
Basically online Cubivore but with slimes. So...agario but 3D
>>
File: boss.jpg (604 KB, 1391x2117) Image search: [Google]
boss.jpg
604 KB, 1391x2117
I drew a boss

Here's his boss theme

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/ghastly-guys

Thoughts?
>>
File: image.jpg (378 KB, 1557x1753) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
378 KB, 1557x1753
This one is kind of weird but basically there are robots/cyborgs running around that are actually fetuses controlling them inside against their will. (Pic related) The twist would be that the eye you see is actually the silhouette of a fetus. The idea is that the fetuses are conditioned to like killing and violence so they are basically supersoldiers when they grow up. They're practice: Citizens of Neo-america.

I basically made up the story details on the fly but i've had the fetus cyborg ninjas on my mind for a while.
>>
>>335031261
Kinda reminds me of mgr
>>
Reposting my idea:

A third-person medieval fantasy game, which starts off light and cliched but goes full Drakengard by the end. You find out as the game goes along that the game is set after a post-apocalyptic future where the world has slowly rebuilt itself, and much of the game is spent exploring forgotten futuristic ruins and discovering hi-tech equipment to mix with your own.

Combat starts slow-paced but builds as the game goes on to a Bayonetta level, and magic can be completely customized in terms of size, shape, design, effects, etc. Being too violent and cruel will also affect the characters' sanity, which can cause Eternal Darkness-esque tricks and hallucinations on the player.

If it got turned into a series, I'd also want to introduce what I call 'retroactive storytelling', where save data from the sequels would unlock new cutscenes in previous games about plot revelations, etc..
>>
I had a game idea that would be all pixelish, sort of like Enter the Gungeon, but more stylized. but the game plays as an Action RPG like Diablo.

Anyway, you play as a kid who enters the forest of imagination, where all imagination of all children comes to life, but only for children. The issue is, most imagination is violent. Childish violence, cartoonish. Obviously you'll have classic violence like TNT and anvils dropping, but there can be a whole mess of violence.

All armor and weapons would be stuff kids would pick up and play with. so curved stick would look like a stick, but when used on imagination enemies, it cuts them like a sword. a bullet proof vest would just be pillows and duct tape, but actually stop imagination bullets.

Classes can be types of kid. For example, a firebug who likes to burn things and play with fire works is a mage. Rich kid would be an archer (can afford expensive toys that he can use as distance weapons). Kid who never showers would be rogue-ish.

Also, if imagination kills the kid in the forest, lets say, an imagination monster cuts him in half, the game over screen is a newpaper showing "Child found dead in woods, cut in half by unknown assailant." with a picture of the kids mom weeping in horror. or "Child's body found burnt to a crisp in woods" stuff like that.

Also, the zones start off super happy. as the game progresses, and you move onto different chapters, the zones become more horror like.
>>
>>335031261
Why this nigga aint go to get a haircut since 1987 this shit is FOUL
>>
3d platformer where you play as a 12 year old boy. its very dificult and all the platforms are surrounded by water so if you fall in you have to swim back to the start

your character can barely swim so you have to mash buttons to stop him from sinking and he cant swim very fast because he doesnt have any arms
>>
An FPS where you play as one of many henchmen for a Bond villain. There are many of these villains each with their own bases within territories and you get to choose who you work for and where to attack next. You can then choose the closest base to you within the territory to infiltrate and storm with an army of other henchmen while pushing forward into the centre of each base and taking it as your own, fighting Oddjob and Jaws style characters along the way..

The world plays out similar to Dynasty Warriors in that opposing forces fight each other for territory while you're in the level. You can rise in ranks to become the villains right hand man and use unique weapons they produce the higher you go. Weapons unlock metroidvania style in that each Oddjob/Jaws style character has a unique one that you acquire once you've beaten them.

If you die though you take over as the henchman that killed you and start fighting for the other team. You can use this method to manipulate the world how you want but you will never reach right hand man status if you keep switching on purpose.

Each base is a lavish hideout in the style of the Bond villains - Volcanoes, Moon bases etc and all play out similar to the ending scene in You Only Live Twice with two factions all out fighting and pushing the frontline in your favour to win the base with different objectives at each point.
>>
>>335030715
Add stats and the chance to evolve into something else like a higher tier slime or like Goblin when certain stats are sufficient enough. I like the concept though, no one does enough ideas about slimes and skeletons
>>
File: 1438655194162.jpg (145 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1438655194162.jpg
145 KB, 720x1280
>>335017875
You're a demon hunter with a an Asian partner who is your half brother. The two of you hunt demons so fucking well Lucifer comes out of hell to steal your waifu (who's very tsundere to you) and sends her to hell. He challenges you to defeat 9 of the worst people on earth for the 9 keys to the gates of hell, but Lucifer is a nice guy and imbues your with a special not!Stand power. (Essentially a devil trigger). The bosses also have similar powers, each of them different and would require new ways to defeat them gameplay wise. Similar to DMC or Bayonetta with combat, but with a not!Stand that can reach a few feet away from you, attack behind while you attack forward, etc. For co-op your partner plays the classic Asian character, who's a giant stereotype. Doesn't have a stand but maybe some other fun gimmick.

The important part is, it's got the humor level of the DMC games, with a similar combat system except with a little stand based twist.
>>
It's a sim game and pet raising game combined.

You're a leader of some kind of adventure guild. The sim part comes from managing this guild, expanding on it and so on (think Sim Hospital, but replace hospital with adventure guild).

The pet raising part comes from the adventurers you hire to join the guild. You have to raise and train them and send them off on jobs and adventures like you'd raise a tamagochi.
>>
>>335032367
Sounds like a combo of DMC, Shadow Warrior and Shadows of the Damned. Pretty fun, I'd play it.
>>
So my game is a mix between fps and rts.
Two teams, for each team, one player is the team commander and controls npcs, builds structures and vehicles and etc. The other players are regular fps soldiers. And then they fight and stuff
>>
>>335024101
easter egg: the scoreboard leaders will have those letters sent to their parents
>>
>>335029143
As long as sex scenes aren't copy-pasted every 5 minutes i could dig it.
>>
File: Railgun.jpg (247 KB, 1280x924) Image search: [Google]
Railgun.jpg
247 KB, 1280x924
Iv'e had an idea for a large-scale FPS game for a while.

It's set in a near-future world (think the year 2035+), not necessarily our own, where small but strong power sources have become a thing, hence (Prototype) Handheld Railguns and Armoured Exosuits. This way it keeps a Sci-fi feeling while still set in a relatively familiar place.
You'd play as a squad leader during a counter offensive to retake a city, with a (hopefully) good plot on your way to it.

The game is open world, and your actions help your AI "army" to move forward towards the city. I don't want you to babysit the AI by constantly defending enemy counter-attacks, instead the AI won't move much unless you initiate missions and battles yourself.

At the end there is some sort of conclusion as you enter the city, and this is where multiplayer comes in.

Sort of a realistic version of Planetside, where the two teams fight in the (very large) ruined city in large battles with hundreds of players on each side to take control of sectors.

Thoughts?
>>
>>335031665
The game is supposed to have a Metal feel.
>>
>>335032857
So basically what TF2 was supposed to be?
>>
>>335034226
That would mean if you had a child TODAY it would be just about old enough to be drafted in your game world.
>>
File: Head tilt.jpg (29 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Head tilt.jpg
29 KB, 500x281
Beat em up RPG
A friend can immediately join in on your battles, you have tag team battles and you can play online competitively.
You have six classes and 2 special classes. The game follows a rock paper scissor-style system and each of your classes are specialized in one specific damage-dealing attribute Slash/Strike/Pierce. Enemies are designed in ways that it'll become apparent what they are weak to and what they resist. You can change classes on the fly.

The game has two main routes and they are split up in a typical light/good and dark/bad route. Each route has 4 classes available
The first class regular fighter/boxerlooking dude who specializes in striking attacks and deals extra damage on enemies weak to striking attacks. The same applies to the next two classes: sword and board/knight and archer/strider. Every class is not restricted to dealing their specialized damage output and are able to use the other to attributes for damage. For example fighters can do chopping attacks to slash and archers use small daggers etc.
On the halfway point of your route you unlock a wizard class which upgrades and augments other classes, think flaming sword and reflect shield, wave punches and elemental arrows. The light route is all about learning to parry attacks because you have limited use to special moves from your class
On the dark route you have 4 other classes. Samurai who in contrast to knight has to evade as he lower def but higher attack power. The zodiac class who is able to shapeshift into animals from the zodiac sign. An outlaw class which is a cowboy who fights with a revolver and a lasso. Like the light route eventually you unlock the warlock class which instead of element upgrades and augmentation gives effects like teleportation, shadow duplication, time manipulation etc. to the three classes. The dark route is all about evading attacks and the enemy designs reflect that. The story of the game is simple so as not to interrupt the gameplay.
>>
>>335024375
So, DF?
>>
File: 1327567403599.png (89 KB, 601x246) Image search: [Google]
1327567403599.png
89 KB, 601x246
>>335024843
What if there's some kind of damage modifier based on your airtime + trick

>snipers doing 720 headshots
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.