[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dishonored 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: Dishonored-2-004-640x357.jpg (28 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored-2-004-640x357.jpg
28 KB, 640x357
It's going to be good, right guys? G-guys?

>had so much fun with first one
>wasn't quite Thief I+II, but pretty good

Better don't fuck that up!
>>
If the Daud DLCs are anything to go by, then they've shown significant promise.
>>
I've been replaying the game in short bursts. I don't hate the game as much as I did when I first played to 100%, but I still don't feel like playing it for too long. That said, I still haven't tried the DLC yet.
>>
>>335013613
>but pretty good
It was extremely mediocre.
>>
>>335013613
Even if it's just more of the first game, i'd be pretty happy with that. All they need to do is tone down the teleport.
>>
>>335015054
The Daud DLC is better than the main game. It mostly comes down to the map design stops you from abusing the blink as much as it did in the main story. Daud is also not a shitty silent protagonist.
>>
Some SJW slut is making the game, if I were you OP don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>335013613
In a world with no proper Thief games, Dishonored was the next best thing.
I can't fucking wait for 2.
>>
>>335017029
Same goes for the first game.
>>
>>335017440
Didn't know that, I never got the vibe that the game was SJW considering you can kill pretty much everybody.
>>
>>335017029
>this person has different political views than me
>that means everything they produce will be shit!
fuck off /pol/
>>
File: aquabats_laughter.png (200 KB, 356x256) Image search: [Google]
aquabats_laughter.png
200 KB, 356x256
>>335013613
My biggest concern is that they'll give you all these tools to cause mayhem, but then make a non-lethal, never-spotted playthrough the best solution.
I can never bring myself to play "sloppy" in a game with stealth mechanics.
>>
>>335017819
I'm not against a person being different but when a dev is developing a game that has a history of strong political views then yes I would be worried.
>>
>>335017921
You mean the concept ideology of the first game? You might be fucked, friend.
>>
>>335017921
the first game gave you plenty of nonlethal, stealthy means to fuck around, like the possession, time slow, telekinesis, stun mines and chokedust
>>
>>335017921
>boo hoo the game 'doesn't let me' go lethal because it gives me 'the bad ending'

Jesus Fucking Christ, I can't believe this bullshit fucking meme is still being tossed around. What really gets me is if they also say they are a Thief fan, a major concept in Thief was making you become a master thief, through the act of non-lethal and silent methods. Putting the game on easy and just going in and clubbing or killing everyone was easy but you got more reward from playing the game stealthy and not utilizing your weapons to kill. The same concept applies in Dishonored, you have all manner of weaponry and powers but not utilizing them shows you to be the better man and is more rewarding.

Or if you don't give a shit about any of that just play the fucking game lethally, there is no 'bad ending' and get some thicker skin if you can't handle being rightfully called a psycho murderer by some fictional NPC's in a videogame because you killed a whole bunch of guards (You have to kill A LOT of people to get high chaos) for just doing their job. Welcome to having real consequences in your videogames because of how you play.
>>
File: cara.jpg (106 KB, 768x934) Image search: [Google]
cara.jpg
106 KB, 768x934
>>335018039
>>335018323
>>335018421

The main problem is that if you really want to have fun then you have to play it like a mad man, the game wasn't flexible in the same way Hitman Blood Money where you can play how you want as long as you play it smart.

Like in Blood Money you can kill as long as you hide the body and no one hears you and sees you so the game still lets you have fun without judging you.

Pic is the one of the directors of Dishonored 2.
>>
>>335018635
Why do you care about evaluations? Just play to have fun. Ofcourse if you are a fucking psycho serial killer, the people around you will be affected.
>>
>>335018635
>the game wasn't flexible in the same way Hitman Blood Money where you can play how you want as long as you play it smart.

Uhhhh, fucking what? How is not flexible? You can kill every person on every level and achieve your goal, you can play non-lethally for the majority and still kill the targets, you can play completely non-lethally.

>if you really want to have fun then you have to play it like a mad man

Fucking subjective opinion much? I had way more fun playing stealthily than full out action and the game even gives you the option of going for either route, so I don't know what your problem is.

>game still lets you have fun without judging you

Yeah, God forbid the fictional NPC's accordingly judge you a fucking psychopath for wantonly murdering innocents and guards alike for no other reason than to just have fun. If you can't play Dishonored lethally because the game calls you mean for doing so I really don't know what is wrong with you. Also don't bring up the bullshit "The game gives you the bad ending for going lethal!" excuse, you have not actually seen this ending and are just parroting what others have said.
>>
>>335018816
The reason why I played it is because I cared about everything, from beginning to end, the game gives you so much tools but have of them you can't use if you want the good ending.

Personally for me I always go for the good ending, but the game mixes moral with fun and that kinda ruined the experience, good endings, true endings or best endings should be based on challenge.
>>
>>335019154
Not that anon.

The problem with being extremely Overpowered takes away a lot from what makes a stealth game good. Getting spotted in Dishonored doesn't actually put you in danger, not even on the highest difficulty does the game push you to be more careful with the way you approach things.

When you can dispose of people in a few seconds it makes the stealth aspect of the game a lot more casual and non-satisfying. The way the ending is chosen is really stupid too. Killing your targets gives you higher chaos than killing soldiers in the city, meaning that you could always kill plenty of soldiers in Dunwall and avoid killing your main target.
Doing this gives you the good ending most of the time, as long as you don't slaughter every soldier in your sight.
>>
>>335019194
Thats just such a bad idea. Ending should be depended on your choices. If you choose to kill guards for doing their jobs in a horrible fashion, then you will get bad ending. Also in this case, the bad ending is so much worse than goo ending. You only get critized by some fisherman faggot and your daughterfu is glad you killed them.
>>
>>335020118
I understand that to have 'true stealth' like the first two Thief games you have to make your character vulnerable and pretty lousy in a fight thus incentivizing you to play stealthy. However in this day and age a AAA game like that will never be made, maybe an Indie title but even that is unlikely.

What annoys me however is in relation to Dishonored specifically they complain that the game 'punishes' you for playing lethally - how? The NPC's rightfully judge a mass murdering psycho if you kill a large amount of guards and/or innocents. and like this anon pointed out >>335020170 this is good because I provides feedback to your playstyle through the storytelling.

If you want to play the game lethally just go ahead and do it, you are not punished through gameplay (which i would agree would be bullshit) for doing so. i don't know how many times I have seen "The game gives you the bad ending for going lethal!" which is just such bullshit, its just became a parroted meme that had no basis in fact.
>>
>>335020556
Exactly, I mean whats the problem? You are okay with killing people left and right, but when an allied NPC scolds you for it, you start to feel bad?
>>
File: fucking casuals.jpg (202 KB, 659x830) Image search: [Google]
fucking casuals.jpg
202 KB, 659x830
>>335013613
>It's going to be good, right guys? G-guys?

its the only franchise left that zenibeth hasn't ran into the ground. season pass bullshit is a foregone conclusion, all we can hope for is they don't dumb it down even more than they did the first game. remain cautiously optimistic but don't go near it until it has been out for a week or so. wait for community feedback.
>>
>>335020556
>bad ending

It's not even bad, Emily actually becomes a competent ruler in the "Bad" ending ensuring herself and the Empire survives. The good ending is just Disney bullshit "Everything works out in the end and everybodys happy forever!"
>>
>>335013613
Is it just me or does she have a giraffe neck?
>>
>>335019154
>Fucking subjective opinion much?
Jesus. You sound like one of those faggots from reddit or tumblr.
>>
>>335021267
Nice contribution to the thread.
>>
>>335021354
Oh the irony.
>>
>>335021159
She does. She also appears to have become part Asian for some reason.
>>
>>335021801
Its just the artstyle, characters always looked weird in the game.
>>
>>335020556
I honestly feel that the story with Corvo going on a rampage killing everyone that made the city suffered the most interesting solution and best ending. The ending sets up a really good sequel with Corvo sailing away with the though that Elizabeth died when the captain dropped her. from the tower and him spiraling even more down the revenge route.

The Disney ending is really shitty desu. They way the moral compass works in this game is essentially "Don't kill the bad guys because you will become like them >:^) ". Why not make a grey ending instead of having...
>High Chaos = City in ruins
>Low Chaos = City is still shit even though most of the corrupt people are dead
>Low Chaos = Disney ending where the smart people can now make the cure!

It's a shitty design too from the devs end when all the powers and tools are used for killing people. It kinda does send the message that they want you to experiment with all these tools that are given to you but if you use them a lot you will get the bad ending.

I really hope that in the new game the step up with the writing like they did with Daud DLC. It was a lot better from a writing, gameplay and map design perspective.
>>
>>335021851
>weird
Taking a white character and making her look Japanese.
>>
>>335021928
>"Don't kill the bad guys because you will become like them >:^) "

As has been said before, you can kill all your targets and even a fair few number of guards and still have low chaos.
>>
>>335022038
Well fuck me. I need to go to bed anyway
>>
>>335022038
>white and japanese existing in this world
>>
>>335022106
Nope, it sets you up for one of the bad endings. Try playing the game and you will see.
>>
>>335022616
No, you are wrong, which ending you receive depends on the chaos level, which can be kept at low even if you play a lethal character.

Try playing the game before spouting shit.
>>
>>335023096
It's good to see Arkane Studios defending their shitty moral system today. stop spouting that bullshit and just admit that the way the game judges you is fucking atrocious.

>MUH RATS
>>
>>335023206
>gets proven wrong
>goes off about imaginary shills

ok dude
>>
>>335023206
You have to be somebody from Arkane studios if you can't admit that your system is flawed when killing your targets nets you Chaos points towards the chaos endings.
>>
File: 1458882527853.gif (512 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1458882527853.gif
512 KB, 480x270
>>335023206
>>
>>335020170
>Ending should be depended on your choices. If you choose to kill guards for doing their jobs in a horrible fashion, then you will get bad ending.
Plenty of the non-lethal options which are seen as 'good' are pretty fucking awful though, the dishonored game has a fucking garbage sense of 'morality'
Chop off their tongues and send them to work to death in mines? Good solution!
Brand as a heretic so he'll die a slow painful death? Good solution!
Kill any of them? You're an awful murderer.

The game tries to have this whole morality thing with lethal vs non-lethal but how does it really make any sense if plenty of the non-lethal options are you doin things barely any better than killing people?
>>
>>335023460
you can kill every assassination target and several other people per mission and still get the low chaos endings. what sort of shitty assassin murders every single person they come across?
>>
>>335025448
because you're on a vendetta. your mission is to make the people who wronged you suffer as much as possible, but staying your hand against people who have done you no wrong.
>>
>>335017921
whenever they give you mayhem tools I don't give a fuck about the best solution and just have fun.

I love causing mayhem and watching guards freak out
>>
Who do we play in the new game? Corvo and Emilia? Did Emilia make a deal with the Fish-Devil too?
>>
>>335020828
I mean if the community are the same kinds of people that were doing pic related testing I'll reserve my attention for a pirated copy
>>
>>335026049
the kind of assassin that can make people disappear into dust when killing them.
>>
>>335022616
>>335023206
ITT didn't play the game.
>>
>>335026596
that ability is just no fun. Part of the fun in doing a lethal stealth playthrough is hiding the bodies.
>>
I am hopeful that it will be good. Loved Dishonored 1, expecting this to be even better. They've said the right things during hype.

My worry is that it's not releasing this year.
>>
>>335017921
Don't be a fag. Go non-lethal and then go full chaotic asshole. Or just go full chaotic asshole if you don't want to replay the game, but stop being a bitch and whining about how the game actually adapts to how you play.
>>
>>335018635
>the game wasn't flexible in the same way Hitman Blood Money where you can play how you want as long as you play it smart.
I disagree. I think the game was pretty flexible. Teleporting around and not letting anyone see you while stealing everything or just going full murderer were equally fun ways to play.

>>335018635
>Like in Blood Money you can kill as long as you hide the body and no one hears you and sees you so the game still lets you have fun without judging you.
But you get a lower ranking than Silent Assassin.
>>
>>335020828
>they wouldnt go upstairs because a guard told them not to

that is the funniest shit
>>
>>335017029

Harvey has always been a far left liberal and none of his games have ever shown significant bias towards identity politics or whatever.

If you mean the purple haired lady, she's a "writing assistant", which is basically "get paid to spout ideas that nobody listens to because we want to show off how we have someone with a vagina in our staff."
>>
>>335023206
You can kill as many rats as you can with no consequences. And you need to kill over a third of the enemies in a level for chaos to go high. And even when you do, you can just go low chaos in a few levels and it goes back down. They even fucking state if you're at low chaos or high chaos at the end of each level.

Stop being a bitch ass nigga, son.
>>
>>335026481
You make a choice at the beginning and play with either Emily or Corvo.

She made a deal with the fish eyed man, yes, her powers are different but she's also marked.
>>
>>335020118
Easy solution to the overpowered thing:

Make health regenration items rare. Dishonored suffers from no-inventory-syndrome. You can carry like 10 healing potions around at all time, thus making you nigh invincible. If you made them as rare as in Thief 1-2 with an average of 2 health pots per level and maybe 6 at maximum, you won't be able to go berserk as much.

Case closed.
>>
>>335028358

It's not. They don't want it to compete with D44M DLC, Fallout 4 DLC and the new expansion for TES:O. Those will take the majority of E3. The most we might get is a gameplay trailer and a cover art reveal.
>>
>>335018635
>Pic is the one of the directors of Dishonored 2
>Kotaku, RPS
Welp, pirating it is.
>>
>>335013613

>female main character

that's a big red flag in the game industry
>>
>>335028923

>dlc dominating e3

I doubt it
>>
>>335028878
nice
Really like fish bro. He is kind of edgy for killing the wales, but I guess that wasn't explained so far.
>>
>>335013613
From what I heard about the difficulty and AI improvements they are doing it will at least be fun to fuck around in

I just hope choosing either Elizabeth or Corvo changes the game a lot more than powers
>>
>>335017941
It doesn't matter their views

It matters if they shove that shit in when it has no reason being there
>>
>>335031250
>He is kind of edgy for killing the wales
What? He's a whale himself.
>>
>>335031250
He is the whale, the bonecharms are his own
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.