[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enter the Gungeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
This is surprisingly fun.

Have any of you guys played it?

I picked it up for $11, on a whim, and now I find myself playing it compulsively whenever I listen to podcasts or need to take a break from other games, like Dark Souls 3.

Progression is a little fucked though.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1457319780251.jpg (7 KB, 167x144) Image search: [Google]
1457319780251.jpg
7 KB, 167x144
yeah i like it a lot.

great in short bursts and its literally designed for that.

but MAN does it suck when you fuck up a potentially good run. such is vidya.
>>
Huntress a best.
>>
>>335009430
>no co-op
Into the trash
>>
>Hunter is anti-RNG
>except Pilot's lockpicks do it better, the crossbow is only useful during the part of the game where basic weapons work just fine, and the Pilot also gets a shop discount

>Convict is close range combat
>except Bullet does it in a more interesting and safer way

>Robot is combat
>except Marine can actually pick up health, his combat buff isn't a gimmick that takes up his active item, and he's tankier to boot

Why are half the characters just 'other character, but worse'?
>>
Dodge rolling was a mistake, design philosophy-wise.

Rolling towards an enemy is bad, because enemies do contact damage.
Rolling away is bad because you are just rolling into the slow moving bullets, moving the the side is fine, unless you are fighting one of the many enemies that fires in spreads.
>>
>>335010762
Yeah. Lost a run with a lot of health and really good passives/guns gundragon or whatever, and now I don't feel like starting again.
Feels like I might as well restart if I reach floor 4 without some good passives, but I guess its never a loss for more credits.
>>
>>335009430
>Bullet hell
nice
>with roguelike elements
eeeehhh
>and random powerups
read: RNG fucks over your good run

Pass.
>>
Seems like the right thread to ask, can I blacklist certain tags to stop them showing up in Steam?
>>
It's worse than the other games in its genre.
>>
They need to remove contact-damage from enemies. Why they thought this was a good idea in a dodge-orientated bullet hell game I have no idea.

They need to differentiate pits from floor much more. Right now the only way to really tell the difference is to up the brightness of the game which ruins the graphic style of everything else.

Game is way too over-reliant on RNG with no real item synergy to speak of. Every run just becomes a case of 'grab an OP gun on the first few floors or restart'.
>>
>>335013134
it has co-op though.
>>
>>335013458
roll sideways or diagonally
>>
no matter what I try I can't seem to get past the second boss
anyone got some tips?
>>
>>335014083
which? Medusa or gun-snake?
>>
>>335014112
all 3 of them just utterly wreck me
>>
File: Screenshot_NormalAppImage(4).png (28 KB, 412x339) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_NormalAppImage(4).png
28 KB, 412x339
>>335013908
Except it doesn't

>local
>>
I like it a lot, but I can't make any damn progress. Always die on the second floor, only made it to the boss there twice and died both times. I also fucking hate fighting that machine gun bird asshole, his machine gun is nearly impossible to dodge because he can turn so quickly and the spread on it is ridiculous.
>>
>>335014282
So it has co-op? You never said "online," sperg-boy.
>>
>>335010762
>>but MAN does it suck when you fuck up a potentially good run
>Railgun
>Hip holster
>Backup gun
And then it started leaking memory like a fatty outside and crashed.
>>
>>335014282

Online co-op for a game like this would fucking horrid. Bullet hell + online co-op never plays well together. Having 1 player dying all the time with the lag would fuck everything up so bad it wouldn't be fun anyway, since you just find the dead player in a chest later meaning 1 less item.
>>
File: 1460393986530.jpg (145 KB, 950x900) Image search: [Google]
1460393986530.jpg
145 KB, 950x900
>>335014329
I felt the same but now I consistently die on the third floor.

I think they're too stingy with loot and general items, like shields, hearts, keys, etc.

But here is my number 1 problem with the game:

>Isaac
>If you get a shitty weapon, it still just adds to Isaac, so there's a net gain

>Risk of Rain
>If you get a shitty weapon, it still just adds to your character, so there's a net gain

>Gungeon
>If you get a shitty weapon like the T-Shirt Cannon, it's a total loss, you've handicapped yourself and your entire run is damaged as a result, nothing is gained
>>
Out of 4 characters:
>2 women, 2 men
>2 black, 2 white

I'm glad indie devs got the diversity memo.
>>
>>335014640
Personally, I wish this game had more in common with Rogue Legacy. It needs more persistence between runs.
>>
>>335014640
>shitty weapon like the T-Shirt Cannon
Explain yourself?
>>
>>335014516
Make a non-shit netcode then, projectiles hitting can be full local, pathing can be synced. Player actions that displace enemies might be an issue if it somehow causes full map desync (enemy projectile altering map, opening crates, removing cover etc) but easy to resolve too.
>>
>>335016010
How much extra would you pay for the game if it had that?
>>
>>335016130
Pay?
>>
>>335016130
0, should have been in in the first place
>>
>>335016184
Why?
>>
File: 1454566440272.jpg (23 KB, 356x388) Image search: [Google]
1454566440272.jpg
23 KB, 356x388
>>335016238
uhh, because it's 2016? I mean cmon
>>
>>335016130
Me and my friends would actually buy it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.