[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am convinced that it is literally impossible to do any of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
I am convinced that it is literally impossible to do any of the NPC questlines to completion without some kind of guide. I searched every area extremely thoroughly, every time I got to a new area or killed a boss I would go back to Firelink and exhaust everyone's dialogue, I would do the things they wanted me to do and made every attempt to find them and follow each of their stories, and now that I finished the game and looked at a guide I see that I missed about 75% of the interactions. What the fuck.
>>
>>335007335
I did the whole game without a guide, the only one you could consider to be doable is Patches.

Siegward didn't spawn in my well untill i opened Rosaria Fingers Door and the main front door, which i didnt untill the last 2 bosses.

After that, Siegward was nowhere to be found.
>>
>>335007335
>I should be able to discover every single thing in a game like this in 1 play-through

no wonder newfags think new games don't have any play-ability
they just look up guides for everything
>>
File: greirat.jpg (9 KB, 232x234) Image search: [Google]
greirat.jpg
9 KB, 232x234
Siegward is one thing.

Dont even get me started on THIS fucker

He can die at any point and under multiple random ass conditions known only through trial/error each playthrough (or with a fucking guide), and is codependent not only on your actions, but Patches' as well.
>>
>>335007335
>waaaaaaaaah why are people rewarded for exploring the game thoughtfulllllllyy?!
>>
I successfully did Seigward and Yuria's on my first play through without a guide.
>>
File: 1461081191285.png (570 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
1461081191285.png
570 KB, 1200x788
>>335007335
why did you post this thread 4 times today? go fucking read a guide then
>>
>>335009626
Same. I did Siegward, Yuria, Sirris, and Greirat perfectly on the first playthrough. Only thing I missed was the second invasion by Creighton, and a gesture.

It was pretty lucky I didn't do anything with Rosaria's Fingers until Sirris told me how much she hated them though. Otherwise the quest lines are pretty simple if you just go to the Cathedral of the Deep first, and explore incredibly thoroughly in every area.
>>
>>335008513
I've got my method down, and it works every time
Apparently there's multiple ways you can do it right, and a whole lotta ways you can fuck it up
>>
File: EHsPXaW.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
EHsPXaW.webm
1 MB, 720x404
Did you guys miss out on the darkwraith ally questline?
>>
>>335010064
I tried doing that and I couldn't get the fuckers through the door
Did you cheat?
>>
>>335010064
How does it work?
>>
>>335010013
I'm a little annoyed about Sirris since I respected and it messed up her quest, but at least I know now.
Hopefully I can keep Greirat alive in NG+ too.

No guides used so far.
>>
>>335007335
>enter the dungeons after discovering the bon fire near there
>go back to the kitchen where he is supposed to be which is near that bon fire
>he's not there
>if you go to the dungeon before meeting him here he moves and you failed the quest line
Bravo From, seriously not even Bloodborne was this bad.
>>
>>335010240
>>335010240
respecced*
>>
>>335010193
No, i think the boss scooped him in, i tried re-creating it again but i had no luck whatsoever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfz5Lj4FF7w
>>
My only issue with From's "quests" is that changes dont occur unless you reload the area.

Seigward wont appear in the Well until you open the big doors AND reload the area, so even if you did go and check the Well you have no reason to go back to, you'd still miss him if you did it all in one life. Thats also why so many people miss Patches in the Cathederal, you have to quit the game to get him to show up.

At least it isnt fucking Demon's Souls.
>>
Is there a guide for every NPC yet?
>>
>>335008513
wait, there are multiple ways you can save him from his death in irithil?
I thought the only way was to successfully advance siegwards quest past the cathedral and not talking to patches
also
>giving patches any vital information
>TALKING TO MUTHERFUCKING PATCHES

anyone who failed this quest chain because of this is a goddamn idiot and doesnt deserve to
demand easier/more intuitive npc quests
>>
>this thread

millennials everybody. I guess since you don't have a quest log that tells you where to go and what to do is considered "obtuse"

DS3 marketing really attracted the worst kind of players
>>
Honestly I'm kinda pissed that none of the questlines can be completely thoroughly just by playing the exploring the game thoroughly. I'd appreciate it if at least one of them could be completed this way but I guess I'll just complete all the quests in NG+...Unless that's not possible if so can someone please confirm.
>>
I don't understand how anyone could get the gesture achievement without a guide. I had to look up which one I was missing and apparently I need to kill Heysel as a phantom, join Rosaria's Finger before killing Abyss Watchers, go back to Farron Keep and summon Heysel, and then he'll use a gesture.
>>
>>335010662
do you think many of these fags havent played either des,das,das2 or bb before this?

out of the 50~ invasions i've had in my current run, i've lost like 3, doesnt matter if i invade, protect some faggot as blue or some shit, everyone sucks
>>
>>335010546
Patches doesn't cause you to fail the quest line in any way.
>>
>>335010697
Which is bullshit because that ends up pissing off that bitch which makes you lose the dark moon gesture and ring if its before NG+
>>
>>335010792
> which makes you lose the dark moon gesture and ring if its before NG+

No, you can get all this before you do Yellowfinger Heysel's stuff.

You just can't complete her full quest line.

To get the Darkmoon Loyalty gesture you need only go to the old wolf of farron bonfire and get the ashes behind the secret wall.
>>
>>335010546
Come on Anon, Patches is alright. Remember Dark Souls 1? He did some decent stuff in that game. Im not that big of an asshole
>>
>>335010903
>To get the Darkmoon Loyalty gesture you need only go to the old wolf of farron bonfire and get the ashes behind the secret wall.

I think I got mine from talking to Priscilla 2.0.
>>
>>335010792
You can get those two things, but miss out on the other stuff after that point. She's a stupid bitch anyway, literally swears loyalty to you and says she will follow you no matter what and acts like a shit when you join the fingers before killing the princes.
>>
>>335011018
That's where you use it. You get the gesture to talk to her from Sirris, who shows back up to talk to you after you turn in the dreamchaser's ashes. There might be other triggers to, but that's a guaranteed one and doesn't require you to beat any boss that fucks up Yellowfinger Heysel.
>>
>>335011018
speaking of those ashes, does it matter what I say to the shrine maiden when I hand those to her?
>>
>>335011142
Not as far as anyone knows
>>
>>335010546
Patches will dress up as Siegward and and save Greirat if you tell Patches where he is. Greirat says that he was saved by an onion knight (Patches dressed up as Siegward).

Patches doesn't actually kill Greirat.
>>
>>335011580
That's what I was assuming. I never had the option to tell Patches in NG but in NG+ I still missed it. However, he asked where Greirat was when I sent him to Lothric Castle and he sounds genuinely worried about him. Lines along the line of
>"Lothric Castle? No one ever comes back from that place."
>"What is that old thief thinking?"
Granted he also mentions knicking his stuff if he's dead since he can make money but his voice sounds sincere about his safety.
>>
>>335011804
>Patches
>sincere

pick one and only one
>>
>Yellowfinger Heysel's

W-Who?
>>
>>335008592
You are actually constantly being locked out of sidequests if you explore too much before arbitrarily going back to places you've already been and completely passed over.
>>
>>335011951
Even if he dicks on the player he still likes Greirat. He even aggros you if you hurt him.
>>
>>335008513
>can send to ithyrill but ONLY if you tell patches or siegward will be there. Otherwise will die
>cannot send to LOTHRIC under any circumstance or will die. Even if you tell patches.
>>
>>335011953
Hey, that guy invaded me at Farron Keep. Killed his ass.
>>
Is deep soul a gud spell?
>>
So if I've cured my dark rings (yuria won't appear) and don't want to take the turtle dick any more, can I actually do Anri's questline?

or should I just accept the turtle dick
>>
>>335007335
Maybe you just arent at good at videogames as you think you are

gitgud
>>
File: 1337090078622.jpg (49 KB, 461x403) Image search: [Google]
1337090078622.jpg
49 KB, 461x403
>Send Greirat out first time and he comes back
>Patches dicks me over in the tower at firelink
>Get Sieg's armor for him at the well (only knew he was there from that being mentioned here)
>Also hear that Patches kills Greirat if I tell him where he is the second time he leaves
>Greirat leaves a second time
>I decide to brutally murder Patches
>Do so
>Then hear that Patches actually saves Greirat
>Fucken screwed
>Greirat comes back anyway saying Sieg saved him

Whew.
>>
>>335015252
Anri's questline has two potential outcomes

One is with Yuria, one is if you piss Yuria off
>>
>follow a guide for 2nd playtrough
>patches doesnt show up to closed the door behind me
am i fucked already ?
>>
I've never been invaded. I'm Embered more often than not, but I have literally never been invaded by NPC or other player.

Playing on Xbox.
>>
anyone defending the NPC quest lines is a complete drone
they have absolutely random fail states (going to Irithyll Dungeon whatsoever before killing the Pontiff Greirat will die, Siegward won't help you if you don't meet him at the kitchen, etc)
several of them require backtracking and you being in embered form
a good chunk of gear is locked behind them
NPC's just completely disappear after Irithyll (whereas DaS1 had NPC's in all of the late game dungeons)
>>
>>335015252
Actually, nevermind, I already beat the abyss watchers. Don't think I have any choice now, do I?

>>335015628
Pretty sure I can't pursue either questline, for the one where yuria's pissed off anri should be at firelink since I just beat the deacons, but he's not.
>>
>>335016170
That should happen based on either questline

If Anri is in the catacombs afterwards everything is fine
>>
>>335016269
Oh, well I'll keep an eye out then.
>>
>>335007335
I did a blind playthrough and I completed every questline with greirat and sirris falling short. I also didn't catch the mound makers until ng+
>>
File: 1436422665284.gif (338 KB, 497x491) Image search: [Google]
1436422665284.gif
338 KB, 497x491
>>335009841
>DARK NEWS
>Local madman goes AWOO~
>>
>>335007335
>>335007450
I got a titanite slab from siegward by accident just randomly playing the game
>>
>>335007335

It's designed to make you buy the guide, same reason illusionary walls exist. Do you really think they expect people to go around hitting every wall?
>>
>>335016553
most of us did, anon. at least those of us who have played the other souls games. taking notes, refreshing areas and so on is just how a lot of us play these games

you can't rely on "I explored every area carefully", you need to explore every area carefully after you've done anything that might have been a trigger. a dialogue, beating a boss, wearing an item etc etc.
>>
Never saw this guy after the first meeting.
>>
>>335017858
I read peoples notes.

Though patches never showed up in the cathedral for me, but he did lock me in the tower.
>>
>>335017858
>most of us did, anon.
far from true
>>
>>335011951
But Patches is literally the best Character through all Souls and BB games. He even is in DeS

Nigger, Patches is the true main character
>>
File: 1423119089677.gif (542 KB, 511x512) Image search: [Google]
1423119089677.gif
542 KB, 511x512
>>335017086
>>
If there's one thing about the DaS series I really don't like is the overly sensitive questlines. If you do so much as lifting a finger wrong you can completely fuck up a quest.
>>
Siegward, Anri, and Greirats were all done on my first run without a guide.

I feel like I shouldn't have done Anri's, though, because I have no idea what that fucking ending was about.

I just wanted more power and then suddenly I'm getting attacked by her companion in a lake for some reason? And then she was kidnapped so I stabbed her in the head to make her my wife? And now I'm the king I guess?

I'm really dumb, so that's probably all there is to it.
>>
>>335015708
I think you have to be far enough in the game for him to do that.

I had the tower open earlier on and it didn't happen, but then he did it after the cathedral.
>>
>>335018240
she was separated from her companion which is why he was down there. i don't know why he's redmad.
you can find her earlier in the catacombs and she's asking if you've seen him because she fell to a trap and fell behind
i kinda felt like it was yuria set her up to be abandoned so Our Lord (you) could save her, but that doens't explain whats his face trying to fuck you
>>
>>335018632
I mean, I knew he was lost because I saw her asking about him, but then he just straight up tries to kill me like an asshole.

I know their original quest was for Aldrich, iirc, but even then, why specifically her for my waifu? Would anyone work with the ritual, or did I have to cram my hard, thick sword specifically down Anri's throat?

Shit just felt confusing.
>>
>>335010367
Based Darkwraith solo-ing the first phase of the fight.
>>
>>335018240
>Anri
>Her
wat
>>
>>335018879
Gender changes depending on player gender so they are always your waifu/husbando.
>>
>>335018879
>this homo played as a chick
Anri is a cute girl, dude.
>>
>>335010546
I did seigwards questline and greirat still ended up dead in irithyll. I killed patches before because i thought he was the one killing greirat but actually IT'S PATCHES WHO SAVES GREIRAT IN IRITHYLL. Seriously this game
>>
File: u4R5dDU[1].jpg (627 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
u4R5dDU[1].jpg
627 KB, 2560x1440
>>335018929
kwi
>>
>>335016269
Hmm actually anri doesn't seem to be in the catacombs. He should be at the top of the stairs with the rolling skelly ball, right?
>>
File: 20160420154724_1.jpg (520 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160420154724_1.jpg
520 KB, 1920x1080
They should've went with DaS2's straightforward questlines to be honest famicoms
>>
>>335019172
I see Creighton's armour still looks retarded on the PC. Shame, he looks amazing wearing it.
>>
>>335010662
>siegward in the well AFTER you're done with the area
>anri standing on the rock path in catacombs when you can just run over the bridge
>anris bodyguard is inside a hidden optional area
>greirat dies unless you tell the guy who tried to kill you where he is
>cirris summon sign on the irithyll bridge appears after you killed the bridgemonster, and on the wrong fucking side (who runs over the bridge again? There is NOTHING there)

Kill yourself shitposter
>>
>>335019368
Wait you can just run across the bridge?
I assumed from the Dev message + all the bloodstains that it broke when you got halfway
>>
>>335018879
what a gay virgin
>>
>>335019162
Anri should be right near the right ledge you see when you enter the catacombs, crossing the bridge where you get attacked by the skellingtons.

You just gotta go all the way to the right over there. Might just check a video guide to it.
>>
>>335019368
>greirat dies unless you tell the guy who tried to kill you where he is
I didn't tell Patches shit, if that's what you're implying.

Siegward was napping in the kitchen, though, so I think that's what saved him.
>>
>>335019432
Yes you can just run over it.
>>
>>335019512
According to some other anon greirat survives if you meet siegward in the kitchen and then kill pontiff before even entering the dungeon (which is the wrong order). If you don't tell patches (or kill patches) and then enter the dungeon it doesn't matter what you do, greirat dies.
>>
File: Thrrr.jpg (15 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Thrrr.jpg
15 KB, 300x168
>>335018057
Patches gets the shit killed out of him at the earliest opportunity. No exceptions. Don't be a dick. And I'm not even a cleric.
>>
>>335019910
Actually the trigger for Greirat to finish his outings is killing a boss, any boss.
I met Seigward in the kitchen, then sent greirat out on his mission. Patches never asked after him, and after I killed the Old Demon King he was back with those sweet sweet Titanite Scales.

Just so long as you never get into the dungeon before greirat comes back you should be fine.
>>
>>335019910
>which is the wrong order
Not really dude it's a nonlinear game. I beat Aldrich before I wen into the dungeon just because I had to pick one path.
>>
>>335020146
Can you send greirat to irithyll before you reach it yourself? Otherwise the only boss most people will have left is pontiff which obviously makes most people look for an alternative path (dungeon) which also happens to be the correct progression. So essentially you have to be either lucky (you have some other boss left), tryhard (beating pontiff immediately) or tell patches where greirat is (as irrational of a decision as it could possibly get).
>>
>>335019435
Nope, nigga ain't there.
>>
>>335007335
Never once saw Patches. Shame too I always like murdering him.
>>
>>335020450
you need to cross the bridge for him to want to go there, so no.
but like I said, I had the old demon king to kill, since I never killed him because fuck I hated that lake.
>>
>>335016095
USE THE FINGER
>>
>>335020217
>non linear

When you've already beaten it yes, it's somewhat open, especially if you're good enough to do crazy shit like killing dancer before vordt etc. Otherwise a rather clear path is presented to you, and pontiff is one of the hardest bosses in the game, just look at the threads. I bet a small minority did anor londo before dungeon and profane capital.
>>
>>335020217
It's the wrong order if you want to be able to do any of the NPC questlines. Just stepping into the dungeon makes them impossible.
>>
>Wanted to be evil sorcerer using nothing but black magics
>They all suck balls
God damnit.
>>
>>335020450
>>335019910
> (which is the wrong order)
>which also happens to be the correct progression.
Why is the dungeon the correct progression? For all that it's worth you have not finished the area yet so why move on to the next one?
>>
>>335020942
Because I died a lot to pontiff and went to the dungeon instead. Because I did it, it must be correct
>>
>>335017519

The slab is relatively easy to get since he spawns in that cell anyway if you have done pretty much any of the previous sets. The armor is trickier I think. It sucks that you must not have killed the area boss before talking to him, especially since the boss is so damn easy anyway, so if you just happen to try it it is likely you get it at least at the second try, whereas Siegward is a bit off the beaten track there.
>>
>>335020805
>clear path
yeah sure everyone can enter boreal without a guide or even knew cathedral of deep exist
>>
>>335007335
What quests do you need to do to do all the achievements?
>>
>>335007335
they either designed the game with people using guides/telling each other things in mind, or it's just poor game design. i'm going to say it's a bit of both, which is why they let you leave messages for players about fake walls but some of the quests still seem convoluted.

just ignore from fanboys who will deflect any criticism of the game with "git gud", you can't stop people from becoming blind obsessives.

they're good games overall, but not perfect.
>>
>>335021108
All of them for guestures, spells and rings.
Anri is for one of the endings.
>>
>>335021174
Fuck then. I didn't care about any of this shit so far and I'm at Pontiff. Guess I'll use a guide on NG+
>>
How many of you are farming for covenant items?
Dark Moon and Aldrich can suck ass, not getting any summons
>>
>>335007335
I did the same. The retarded thing is for a lot of them you have to go back to an area you already cleared and have absolutely NO reason to go back to. If you don't do that, you're fucked. It's fucking stupid and exceedingly obscure just for the sake of it.
>>
Is there any guide online that breaks down all the quests step by step? I really need to complete the game before June or I'm fucked.
>>
>>335007335
Same. I just say fuck it and hope that all of my NPCs don't die during my first blind playthrough and then use guides for future playthroughs.
>>
>>335021406
I had no troubole with aldrich. getting summons at around 1 min max all the time. Fuck darkmoon though. And it appears they didn't even go the ds2 route where you can get summoned anywhere, not just the same area.
>>
>>335007335

It's impossible for people rushing through the game.

It's not impossible for people that revisit areas to find items, farm souls, or do other side quests.

I think less people would miss the side quests if it wasn't for bonfire teleportation.
>>
>>335011009
Dumb patches poster.
>>
>>335021484
If you want everything to do each area. Try this
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aNcI7Pt7HZW240xnckAXS29ucNFmpm2lDEu9Ch29hzI/pub
>>
>>335022036
Much appreciated.
>>
>>335021309
To get everything you need to go to NG++ anyway, so it doesn't matter too much if you screw something up first playthrough, or even second.
>>
>>335022367
So the + versions of rings is needed to get all rings?
>>
>>335010662

Please god let this be bait
>>
>>335022438
yup, especially for platinum.
>>
>>335021060
>knew Cathedral of the Deep exists

But isnt that the actual progression in Road of Sacrifice? You know every area has a boss. So if you leave the area without beating one, it should be obvious that there's more to do there. After killing Crystal Sage, it immediately goes to the Cathedral area
>>
how the fuck am I supposed to fight two crocodoggles at the same time?
>>
>>335019368

Yeah the quests are all extremely poorly done. They simply don't make any sense whatsoever and some are buggy as fuck, such as Siegward and the well. You also get the tower key pretty early most likely and you'll miss patches if you do.

They completely fucked up every single questline.
>>
>>335020942
the dungeon is easier and Yhorm gives more souls than Aldritch
>>
>>335022938
Try luring it out ahead
>>
>>335023086
less I should say
>>
>>335022938
use a bow to aggro just one
>>
>>335023207
>>335023182
already tried that, fighting them one at a time requires you to stay in a cramped ass corner with no room to maneuver.
>>
>>335022938
pull them seperately with a bow/crossbow
>>
>>335023349
and yet it works. you'll not kill them by complaining.
>>
>>335023349
Cheese him then. Climb up the stairs and plunge attack him.
>>
>>335017654
I did this in ds2
>>
>>335023349
I did that with both of my melee and mage builds, git gud
>>
>>335007335
Literally every gook RPG does this to sell more game guides
>>
>>335012310
wut? I sent him to lothric and he returned no problem
>>
I got the lord of hollows ending by complete accident.
>>
>>335023929
and what new stuff does he sell after it?
>>
Can anyone help me understand Yoel's questline?

I don't get it. I only understand that I get free levels? What are the cons though?
>>
>Allowed Siegward to help me kill the fire demon
>Got him his armor back from that fucking dindu
>Saved him from a prison
Now what the fuck do I do? Holy shit the NPCs in this game are worse than Bloodborne
>>
>>335024141
you turn into beef jerky a lot faster. but you also get a lot of stuff you don't get otherwise. (rings, spells, a weapon)
>>
>>335024141
No cons. You can trust him :^)
>>
>>335024248
Fight Yhorm
>>
>>335024141
You're turning into a hollow, the difference is almost entirely cosmetic. The only real effect is that you can make better use of holow weapon infusion.
>>
>>335024264
Ring?

What I really want to know if I will have a hard time invading people once I go hollow. I want to invade so yeah, that's important.
>>
>>335024301
I just did. Was something suppose to happen?
>>
>>335024380

If you saved siegward from the cell before fighting Yhorm, then yes, something was supposed to happen.
>>
>>335024319
you get the ring that turns you either into a white phantom or host and you can undo the hollowing for a fee. you can also undo the whole process but lose the new NPC. no biggie if you bought all her stuff.
>>
>>335024248
You also need to meet him in the kitchen.
>>
>>335024248
>>335024380
did you talk to him in the kitchen in Irithyll?
>>
>>335024479
>>335024495
So let me get this straight

I release this nigga from the jail
He goes on about how he's about to finish his mission

But nothing happens and he despawns forever because I decided to go into the dungeon before continuing into Irithyll? What the fuck
>>
>>335024305
Does hollowing/dark sigil thing disappear when you go to the next NG?
>>
>>335011580
Killed patches and gave sieg his armor and grierat says the same thing
>>
>>335024475
If you use the purging stone or velka statue then you don't lose it. It's not the hollowing that you cannot lose, it's the dark sigils that are in your key items section, and you only lose them if you heal them through the firekeeper.
>>
>>335024437
If you miss him in the kitchen with his soup, you dont get the ending.
>>
>>335024653
yes
and also Greirat dies
>>
>>335020920
Goddamn near everything early game sucks ass in DS3, but damn Sorceries are something else.

Hopefully they tune all the magic to be a bit better since it seems that outside of maybe Pyromancy and super stacked Sorcery it kind of sucks.
>>
so if I talk to sieg in the kitchen then send out grierat and then free sieg before killing pontiff I fucked up?
>>
>>335024689
that's why I said you can undo the hollowing for a fee or undo the whole process by getting rid of the sigils. I'm trying to keep it at least a bit vague.
>>
File: Metal Gear Souls.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Souls.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>335024747
>Hopefully they tune all the magic to be a bit better since it seems that outside of maybe Pyromancy and super stacked Sorcery it kind of sucks.
>>
>>335010064
is this a glitch?
>>
Now that all three of these games are out

Do I have to play 1,2, and 3 to get a full story? Do any of these play off of Demons Souls? I put like 60 hours into DaS but never finished it.
>>
>>335024814
>Can walk by a bunch of mobs that only hit you if you walk up right next to them and mobs that take 10 seconds to aggro
woah...the power....of sorcery...
>>
>>335008139
Honestly this game is a little exhausting and this is coming from someone put a shit ton of time into DaS1 and DaS2.

I think i will just do NG+ and be done with it. I would rather look up the guides and get everything out of it rather then stumble upon it randomly. And OP is right patches, greirat and trying find sirris without a guide takes more time then the actual events are worth.
>>
>>335024989
Demons souls is not connected.

You miss out on references and moments that make you go "wow" if you don't play 1 before it. 2 is mentioned more through armor sets than anything else, so it's up to you if you want to play it before 3
>>
>>335024814
Is that supposed to be impressive and a testament to Sorceries power? You can do that by just having a high enough stamina bar, not to mention going through the game like that is just going to burn out extremely fast.

Cast times and damage just need to be improved across the board, I don't think most people really complained about getting hit by spells unless it was WOTG spam or something considering in this game it'd be easier than ever to dodge most magic.
>>
>>335025041

You will not be missed.
>>
>>335024814

God those jailer masks are creepy. And the "laughing" when they chase you doesn't help
>>
>>335025041
I already made up my mind about not completing all achievements because of how much of a clusterfuck it is to get them with the many stupid requirements.
>>
>>335025125
bye bb

enjoy ganks
>>
>>335025080
2 was a bit of a chore and I put it down pretty quick. Unfortunately I'm a fucking casual with very little time these days but honestly, I really want to start this series again.

Did they ever fix the GFWL on DaS for Steam?
>>
>>335025026
>>335025110

>I literally don't know what the fuck I'm talking about: the post

Jailers will fuck you up just by looking at you, you retard. This also allows you to backstab literally everything for free and even safely nuke everything with great heavy soul arrow from a distance, including minibosses. They will get hit, walk a little forward searching for you and then they will go back to where they were, so you can hit them again and again.

Anyone having any trouble whatsoever playing a mage is an absolute fucking retard. It's easy mode taken to the extreme due to how it completely trivializes areas where you should tread with maximum caution.

This is my level 30 sorcery with whom I've beaten the game with a whooping +2 heretic staff and you people are crying. You guys are pathetic.
>>
How do you make the caestus do more poise damage? Is it even possible? I can get them to 400+ AR but they still aren't worth using
>>
>>335025290
>rapport is a spell

at least you had to be in melee range to use it before, jesus. it's the cheesiest spell ever made
>>
>>335025216

I play offline.
2-0 ME.
>>
>>335025227
das is offline on steam now
no more cooperation
>>
>>335025290
>Jailers will fuck you up just by looking at you, you retard
At worse they just reduce your hp to 1 they can't kill you
>>
>>335025290
>Jailers will fuck you up just by looking at you, you retard.

Maybe if you're mentally handicapped and haven't learned by now that this game is literally "pull the enemy" repeat ad infinitum, and congrats, that's what you're doing yet somehow didn't figure that one out.
>>
>people still don't know the jailers' ability is just a cone starting from their eyes
omg...
>>
>>335025393
It's online again
>>
>>335025382
>"you will not be missed"
>I was never there to miss you because I play offline

You don't know this game like the rest of us do. Enjoy though it though, looking back i feel could have enjoyed the first playthrough offline.
>>
File: 1441813493991.jpg (35 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1441813493991.jpg
35 KB, 500x494
EVERY FUCKING INVASION IS A 1V2, A 1V3, OR A 1V4

EVERY FUCKING TIME JESUS GODDAMN CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK I HATE IT I HATE IT

OH GOOD LOOK AT THIS I INVADED A SOLO GUY, OH? HUh? WHAT? HES RUNNING BACK TO THE BONFIRE? OH LOOK HE SUMMONED TWO SUNCUNTS YEAH THATS FINE, THEY BOTH HAVE DARKS SWORDS? GOOD. 2 DARKSWORDS AND A HOST WITH A RAPIER GET ME IN A CORNER AND DESTROY ME BECAUSE OF COURSE THEY DO.

GJ FROM. I DIDNT LIKE MULTIPLAYER ANYWAYS.
>>
File: PTQYUqs.png (92 KB, 413x421) Image search: [Google]
PTQYUqs.png
92 KB, 413x421
>>335017086
>>335018226
>>
>>335025587

I never said I'd be the one not missing you.
3-0.

I played whatever had the prepare to die edition, I'm gonna get raped but having guys exist to invade and just fuck up your day is too hard for me.
>>
>>335025605
Nigger you are invading, the host has the right to do whatever they want to kill you.

Use your red soap if you want muh honourable duels.

It doesn't even matter because the guy who summons you will probably still heal.
>>
>>335025605
Just invade in anor londo and wait for aldritch faithful invasions if you're outnumbered. Finished up all my rosaria progress there last night and 90% of the fights I took were 2v2s/3v3s.
>>
>>335025605
Usually I dunk my sign down at the kiln. You either get fight clubs or people thinking they can take you solo
>>
>>335025605

>not using the environment to outsmart gankcunts
>not invading in dragon sanctuary and leading them into 10 lizardmen
>>
>>335025605
Keep a low level, farm estus shards and bone shards playing the game normally. Go back and invade the lower level areas. Enjoy destroying ganksquads, even more so if you make a sorcerer with crystal magic weapon and a rapier.

And of course, get creative, use your fucking surrounding to your advantage.

I've been doing this for the past two days and I've been having a fucking blast. The invasions feel really balanced now, it no longer feels like it's a one-sided shitfest.
>>
File: Local Khom goes AWOO.gif (310 KB, 413x421) Image search: [Google]
Local Khom goes AWOO.gif
310 KB, 413x421
>>335025696
>>
File: mGIjbMm.png (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
mGIjbMm.png
29 KB, 200x200
Since when does invading cause you to lose all your souls when you die? I thought you could invade in other Dark Souls with 0 problems
>>
All I want to know is I can still invade properly if I go hollowed because of Yoel. Can someone confirm?
>>
>bows now deal decent damage
>you can only hold 99 arrows

WHAT THE FUCK! FROOOOOOOMM
>>
File: 1422653581481.png (103 KB, 452x526) Image search: [Google]
1422653581481.png
103 KB, 452x526
>>335025702
>>335025382
>Keeping score

Your a special kind of faggot aren't you?
>>
>>335018632
He just went fully hollow after being stuck down there
>>
>>335018227
it reminds me of the tales series, you pretty much can't play blind or you'll miss a ton of content, guaranteed
I did a blind playthrough of this game and I missed basically everything optional except the unintended graves
>>
>>335026070
It's always been like that. The only difference is that where you died as a phantom is where your bloodstain is, unlike in previous games where it was wherever you used your orb
>>
>>335026123

Takes one to know one.

4-0.
>>
>>335026070
it was always like this.
>>
>>335026121
Not only that, but you can only store 99 arrows in your bottomless box too. So if you try doing a bow only run you'll be warping to firelink every 10 minutes to buy more
>>
>>335026234
Ah that was what I was thinking of.
Welp There goes that fun
>>
>>335025929
Oh yeah, I hadn't even thought of twinking for some reason, that was my favorite thing to do in sotfs. You've been using magic buffs on unupgraded weapons? That's pretty clever.

Do we know exactly how weapon upgrades effect matchmaking yet? If I have +2 can I match with +1 or unupgraded weapon users?

Im totally dropping my current char to make a twink now, I dont know why I haven't done this yet.
>>
Why does magic feel so secondary in this one?

Even rolling pure mage just feels like I'm trying to supplement a shitty melee build.
>>
>>335026390
I was honestly hopping magic was broken like in DS1. It was so fun nuking bosses with 2 dark beads.

Miracles also fucking suck, I have 30 faith, tried using a sunlight spear just to see how bad it was, it did 70 damage to one the pontiff knigths guys. Although I didn't check if talysmans could be upgraded or not
>>
>>335026595
magic and miracles doesn't seem to really take off till 50+ in int or faith.
>>
>>335007335
>not accidentally doing the lord of hollows questline on your first playthrough
git gud
>>
>>335007335
Well i dunno, sometimes, its better to not know. Like in Bloodborne with the quest of the daughters
>>
>>335026595
Pyromancy definately feels like the strongest of the three because you can just fire orb everyone.

Not so great against bosses imo.
>>
>>335026654
yeah enjoy doing 700 damage tops
>>
>>335025401
except when they attack you
>>
>>335026595
Miracles were always supposed to be some sort of melee hybrid, not lightning flavored sorcerors. That being said, the state of offensive miracles are pretty shitty that I'd almost rather them be replaced by something else.
>>
>>335026680
if you're gud you can't do it
>>
>>335026990
>lightning flavored sorcerors.
How it was at the beginning of DS 2. Then they patched them.
>>
>>335026121
You have 2 arrow slots, and can carry 99 arrows of any other type at any one time, if you need more than 198 arrows between bonfires then you are casul
>>
>>335010417
>At least it isnt fucking Demon's Souls.
What's the issue with Demon's quests? I did most of them without any guide whatsoever.
>>
>>335027346
wasn't it something about some NPC's only appearing at certain world tendencies?
>>
>>335027127
Exactly, and it was utterly game breaking. Why even be a sorcerer when you can just be a lightning wizard with access to supplemental heals and good buffs.
>>
>>335027415
Yeah, NPCs only appear when you have Pure White world tendency, which isn't hard to maintain. The only NPC I missed was Selen Vinland.
>>
>>335025141

their weird run is the worst part
>>
>>335027415
world tendency was never explained, all you got was a different colored statue in the start menu.

when half of the unique weapons and npcs were only in specific white or black world tendencies and you could only get them pure white or pure black once a playthrough it got kind of tedious. made for good exploring though
>>
>>335027432
also the wet state that made fire weaker and lightning stronger. Lightning was too good but come on. 11 casts down to 3? that's ridiculous.
>>
>>335026331
mixed info everywhere, here's a few of the more popular beliefs

>>brackets of +0, +1-3, +4-6, +7-9, and +10
>can connect to your own bracket and adjacent brackets
>for example a +3 and invade anyone with a +0-6 weapon

>>can connect to a weapon that +/- 1 of yours
>example being a +3 can invade a +2-4

>>same as above, but +/-2

the only things we know for sure is that unique weapons that only go to +5 have double the value (i.e. +3/5=+6/10) and what you have equipped doesn't matter, whatever the highest upgrade you ever had is what your weapon memory is set at, even if you dropped it or put it in storage.
>>
>>335027771
Does the double value of boss weapons also apply to +0? Does a +0 boss weapon match with +1-3?
>>
I think I fucked up all the quests by doing Abyss and Wolnir before Cathedral.
>>
>>335027885
no, +0 is still +0.
0>2>4>6>8>10
>>
>>335027885
bump for interest.
>>
>>335027716
3's fine, they still did fucktons of damage so were good for chucking a volley at a boss to soften it up before you get into melee. And with saint's hood/attunement you can milk 2-4 more uses out of each scroll.
>>
Does anyone else feel like rings are less useful this time?
In the previous games I had a hard time deciding what rings to use, now I'm using rings I don't even really need because there's nothing else to use.
>>
Does ng+ have the new red phantom enemies like 2 did?
>>
>>335028062
if you're a sorc use the +sorcery rings.
if you're a pyro use the +pyro rings.
if you're melee use fap+prisoner+life and whatever else
if you're using offensive miracles go talk to rosaria and reroll.
>>
File: escalator.png (37 KB, 160x150) Image search: [Google]
escalator.png
37 KB, 160x150
>Trying to do Anri's questline
>Bitch just disappears permanently after talking to her in firelink
>Trying to do Siegward's questline
>I've become friends with the giant like he suggested but he's still just moping in that tower
>now he's gone and isn't in the next spot
>Trying to get Darkmoon gesture from Sirris
>Nowhere to be found all game
>Decide to join Rosaria's Fingers because fuck this Faith investment is pointless and I won't find Sirris anyway
>As soon as I do Sirris shows up in Firelink to tell me what a nig I am

Fuck everything about this game that isn't the aesthetic. All the bosses are the fucking same, only one build works properly, and none of the NPC questlines function
>>
>>335024814
>>335025290
>>335026930
git gud
>>
>>335028340

I think the other guy did it better since he didn't lose 75% of his health.
>>
I finished the cathedral and never found patches. Am I fucked? Is onionbro fucked because I fucked up?
>>
>>335028243

FaP might be good at sl150 with way too many points into vit/vig/end or on a raw straight sword vit gouge build but otherwise it's fucking garbage. I'd rather use Chloranthy any day of the week.
>>
>>335028692
go up the tower at firelink and get yourself locked in by patches. confront him, buy siegward's armor and toss it down the well.
>>
>>335028614
Is this better?
>>
>>335007335
I missed sieg in the kitchen, freed him from prison but now he just sits there saying he has his own path

And he isn't showing up at Yhorm
>>
>>335028973
good going, Ghandi. Now kill them.
>>
>>335028973

Savage Anon.

Shitters BTFO'ed
>>
>>335028952
Hey, it actually worked, even though I had purchased the key to the tower long long before. Thanks mate.
>>
>>335028287
>he didn't beat the demon with siegward
haaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>335029707
yeah it doesn't matter when you go there. he pops up when you take the elevator to the top. but I think he gives you something in the cathedral. Forgot what it was though.
>>
>>335007335

speaking of NPCS, if you kill Horace in front of Anri she snaps and falls on her knees, you can freely attack her after as she won't give a shit anymore lmao
>>
How the fuck did you guys have Patches at Firelink? I met him by chance in the Cathedral and he never moved from that spot.
>>
>>335007335
I was able to complete Sirris' just finedespite the fact I missed the first battle with her.
>>
>>335030750
so you don't have to fight Creighton with her to complete her quest then?
>>
>>335030516
go up into the tower
>>
>>335030863
I only helped her in one battle and that was her final one. But since I didn't complete everything correctly, I missed out on an armor set evidently. I also missed the Mound Maker covenant until that last battle too.
>>
File: Slowest mobs in the game.webm (3 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
Slowest mobs in the game.webm
3 MB, 710x400
>>335029219
Ok? Is this suppose to be difficult??
>>
>>335031002
yeah if you don't kill Creighton with her, and then again in your world you don't get the Mirrah Chain set.

I just need to kill Aldich and then I can complete her quest.
And then probably murder her when I want to refine my stats a little bit.
>>
>>335030938
I did that super early. So i need to meet him in the cathedral, then buy the tower key?
>>
>>335031348
I never met patches in the cathedral, he never spawned. instead I killed the deacons and came back to firelink. I hadn't bothered to unlock the tower by that point and I'd been told that there was armor in there too so I went in, got the firekeeper soul and patches had locked me in.
>>
>>335010662
>millennials everybody.

>Posting on a Chinese cartoon image board
>Not a millennial

Isn't it past your bedtime grandpa?
>>
>>335031098
the fuck is up with your hp bar?
>>
>>335031578
Those enemies lower your max hp bar. Play the game.
>>
>>335031578
didn't you meet them yet?
>>
>>335020541
It's not the stairs with the rolling ball near the bonfire, rather the long stairway in the middle of the crevasse (think Moria) with the torches lit on the sides, below the area with the bonfire. You can see her to the right when you're going up, near where the archers are shooting you from.
>>
>>335031098
No it's just slightly less embarassing than posting how to run past the slow fuckers.
>>
>Sirris dies in peace after she kills her granddad
>Irina becomes a firekeeper after you become her champion of ash
>Anri dies like a bitch no matter what you do

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>335031932
>Anri dies like a bitch no matter what you do
She dies if you help her kill Aldrich?
>>
>>335022675
>You know every area has a boss. So if you leave the area without beating one, it should be obvious that there's more to do there.
undead settlement can be exited without beating a boss, and there isn't an additional path to another area
>>
>>335032001
She goes hollow and attacks you if you find her after that. Interestingly enough Ludleth even tells you after that fight you should just leave her be and not look for her.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.