[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With so many complaints about bad gaming journalism, why not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 384x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 384x352
With so many complaints about bad gaming journalism, why not take action? The easiest way is to stop visitig their sites. How about a no clicks day? No gaming websites or youtube videos for an entire day. How many people can you convince to go along with a boycott?
>>
>1st world problems
>>
Every day is no clicks day for me.
>>
Deepfreeze.it

The list has been there since goobygaffe actrd like it was about ethics in game journalism.

/v/ still visits anyways. They just make their OP an archive link like they aren't open in another tab already
>>
>>335002545
Stockholm Syndrome
>>
>>335002545
I haven't been on a video game review site in years and they're still shit. people will always go get a fuckin number for their fuckin subjective experience cause they feel safer that way.
>>
And thats what people are doing
Game sites dont get anywhere near the traffic if they're not on youtube.

Youtube game related content is a democratized version of all of everyones favorite bits from game magazines sub divided and specialized.

The best example for why no one gives a shit about games journalism, is because no one takes any of the writing seriously.
No one knows the names or gives a shit about who wrote what opinion, the only clicks that happen are the ones where the opinion of the article and the article existing is all that matters.

before this becomes a thread about this, I'll say one bit about it; GG did something useful in making the Shittiness of the people who write the reviews that people jerk over the two digits at the end for months on imageboards incredibly apparent to EVERYONE even remotely in the know.

People think twice now at least, and people are a little more aware. No one will fight for "ethics" in their toy reviews.
The fact GG still exists is funny to me.
>>
>>335002545
I honestly don't visit gaming journalism sites or e-celeb YouTubes anyway, so in my case, you're listening to the choir.

100% of everything I know about them comes from faggots spamming their shit here.
>>
>>335002545
Nigga I already never visit their sites.

It's not like I can give them negative clicks senpai
>>
>>335002712
Fucking this, lol. /v/ or Google is where I get my gaming news.
>>
>>335002545
most of /v/ agrees. try telling this to the casual cattle who soak up propaganda like the ignorant sponges they are
>>
>>335002545
>>335002712
THIS.
Also thats the best mouse ever, mine is yellow because of the years, but never had a better mouse.
>>
>>335002545
but that's literally what /v/ advised in the first place
>>
>>335003110
>Youtube game related content is a democratized version
No, it is not. The mechanics of youtube fully enable both uploaders and viewers to hide or outright remove dissenting opinions. It has nothing to do with democracy.
>>
>>335002545
>With so many complaints about bad gaming journalism
What complains, can you give me a recent example?
>>
>>335007761
If you need spoonfeed in the example of generated drama, clicbait articles and pseudo writters, you are fucking brainwashed.
I use this place to discover news about games, and the funny thing is that this place is also fucking shilled as heavy as any other side Public image enhancement is everywhere.
But this place lets you recognize them pretty fast actually.
>>
I did. Last review i read was PCGamerUKs one of Bioshock
>>
>>335006335
>scrollwheel easily broken
>optical sensor gets fucked up
>isn't very comfortable in the first place
WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THOSE SHIT MICE
>>
>>335002545
>why not take action?
there is literally nothing you can do about it
>>
>>335002545
>The easiest way is to stop visitig their sites

Been doing that for 10 years, some how doesn't stop your average Joe from doing it.

Face it, there is nothing you as individual can do to harm them in any way.
>>
>>335002545
/v/ is full of retards who love sucking gaming journalist cock despite how bad it is.
>>
>>335009473
>scroll wheel easily broken
why do you mistreat your shit?
>optical sensor gets fucked up
by what and how?
>its not comfortable
microsoft blew millions of dollars creating an ergonomic mouse, that mouse and its shape couldn't get any more comfortable
>>
the sites don't run on ad clicks. they are funded by digra and other non-profits in order to push The Narrative
>>
>>335002545
>newfag who wasn't here for the reptile pit
>>
>The easiest way is to stop visiting their sites

Where have you been the past two years? Jesus fucking christ man, you're preaching to the choir.
>>
>>335002545
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn-fxiCIX6w
>>
>>335009581
>mistreat
Doesn't matter what you do, it's made of cheap chinese shit and breaks easily
>optical what and how
Wear and tear I guess. Again, cheap Chinese shit.
>couldn't get any more comfortable
A $15 generic mouse is more comfortable than that pile of shit.
>>
>>335009641
They don't need ad clicks. If a site is popular enough, ad companies will pay them just to show their ads there even if nobody clicks on the ads.

Those are how most of these sites make their money. Also, every single sjw clickbait journalist website has lost tons of traffic and advertising revenue after the GG shitstorm. Lots of places had to lay off people. A few even closed down.
>>
>>335002545
>The easiest way is to stop visiting their sites
which is exactly what I've done. It's been years since I've been to Gamespot, I even had a moderately popular blog on gaming news there. I just walked away when the sjw shit got thick very suddenly

destructoid and escapist, same thing, I don't think I've logged into either in at least three years. Those places are a den of male hate and feminist propaganda, many of their "articles" totally slanted toward pandering to a specific audience. Even the Ed-in-Chief quit Dtoid. Those sites were just dripping with agenda.

Like Gamespot, I threw in the towel on GamesRadar because they were churning out the most inane crap that their site looked like a badly made series of adverts. GameTrailers walled content, and their video narrator has always been bad at his job.

See what happens when I walked away from these sites? NOTHING. Nobody gave a shit, fucks went ungiven(?) (except my blog, I felt bad abandoning that because my regular readers were asking for me to come back, and I didn't know they really cared that much).
>>
>>335009810
>Wear and tear I guess. Again, cheap Chinese shit.
the optical sensor isn't even chinese you uninformed fuck
>>
File: Pic.jpg (36 KB, 1256x706) Image search: [Google]
Pic.jpg
36 KB, 1256x706
>>335009473
Because
Sensitivity 0.2 and you were god with a sniper.
Also, because you treated like shit.
Mine is still here, i wish i found a black version so the yelloy shit was not a thing.
>>
>>335009891
Holy fuck... wash your dirty shit stained hands from now on before touching your mouse you dirty sand nigger.
>>
File: 1400392564310.jpg (65 KB, 336x450) Image search: [Google]
1400392564310.jpg
65 KB, 336x450
>>335009981
It happens to plastic anon, i tried lots of shit to make more white, but now its a fucking spic.
>>
>>335009981
sand nigger read the capcha you dumb faggot obviously a fucking beaner
>>
>>335010194
And also fucked up the spoiler.
>>
>>335002628
>people who have it better are not allowed to have problems
>>
>>335009891
I fucking love this mouse, I had used it for 10+ years, and I don't even remember where I got it from so it was probably older than that.

Then it died, would disconnect all the time and eventually stopped working.
I had to hunt down another one, they are surprisingly rare but I got a second hand one from china.
>>
>>335010194
>>335010273
> newfag doesn't even know how to take a screenshot of his capcha.

KEK
>>
File: breaking the white barrier.gif (1000 KB, 350x309) Image search: [Google]
breaking the white barrier.gif
1000 KB, 350x309
>>335010403
>rising the ceiling is better than rising the floor
Armstrong?
>>
File: dog.jpg (9 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
9 KB, 252x244
>he still thinks it's about ethics in game journalism
>>
>>335002545
>Hey tumblrina
>How you like to stop feeding trolls
>Yep
>No
>No
>Listen
>You are
>You're feeding trolls that call themselves "games journalists"
>They invented bullshit to get you all pissy so you and other dipshits will keep coming back
>They literally LITERALLY feed off of your attention because it is what gets them paid
>They are all like the faggy liberal versions of fox news
>They're playing off your fears and hates to manipulate you into giving them attention
>Stop it
But you can't convince people to stop being retarded so no, nobody can actually do shit.

>>335002628
I have the perfect image for you.
>>
>>335010786
what was it about? Boredom?
By the way I managed to stop going to /v/ for a motnh, is gawker finally dead? Did the Hulkster really did it?
>>
WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT GAME JOURNALISM

WHO????????????????????
>>
File: Moxie-Cosplay-Dem-Titties.jpg (54 KB, 448x600) Image search: [Google]
Moxie-Cosplay-Dem-Titties.jpg
54 KB, 448x600
>>335010910
Women/feminism/SJWs.
>>
Its free advertisement for devs. Its the most shallow form of journalism.
>>
>>335010910
>he won 140m.
>gawker wont die because the nose knows how to run business if you comply to them.
>the actual thing was about objetivity without paid reviews on anything
>>
>why not take action?

oh yeah, it worked out so well the last time "gamers" decided to "take action."
>>
>>335011116
They actually did anything outside videos of them talking and memes?
>>
>>335011110
>>gawker wont die because the nose knows how to run business if you comply to them.

How the fuck does a blog makes this much money? Is that the power of professional shitposting?
>>
>>335011594
Its gawker media.
They are being paid for everytihg they do.
You see the blog thing as a quality measure.
Its the same as any media company, but they chose the cheapest solution with max profits, instead of going very big on infrastructure, they lay low, but they drag anything they can, they are shilled and shills at the same time.
Cheap prostitutes of information, thats the best way to call them.
>>
>>335002545
>The easiest way is to stop visitig their sites. How about a no clicks day? No gaming websites or youtube videos for an entire day.
>implying etc etc
>>
>>335003110
>No one knows the names or gives a shit about who wrote what opinion,

Not completely true. On Neogaf the various video game website's writers are well known, and the people pay attention to what they have to say.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.