[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this andre the same andre from DaS1? How is that possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: LeHappySmithMan.jpg (157 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
LeHappySmithMan.jpg
157 KB, 640x360
Is this andre the same andre from DaS1? How is that possible? When you bring him the giants ember he talks about how he remembers the giant which seems to prove he is the same guy but how could he live for so many cycles?
>>
>>334995469
I dont mean the one pictured. I mean is dark souls 3 andre the same as dark souls 1 andre.
>>
>>334995469
DkS3 makes no sense anon
>>
>>334995575
that's what I fear
>>
>>334995469
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey nonsense.
>>
>>334995469
Undead are immortal as long as they don't hollow. Andre doesn't hollow because he finds purpose in smithing
>>
>>334996252
But linking the fire fixes the undead curse and then the undead my die. if you link the fire in the first game when would become mortal.
>>
>>334995575
>>334995978
Can they just cut the fucking obscure act already? They're obviously just diluting any sense of understanding for the sake of it.
>>
>>334996471
I think it only stops more humans becoming undead, if it did anything at all. The serpents weren't exactly trustworthy.
>>
Yeah, and what was the deal with Gwyn living for so long? There isn't a whole thing about immortal undead in these games is there?
>>
>>334997942
Gwyn was a fucking god. Godhood usually comes with little perks like immortality.
>>
>>334997942
For undead, being an immortal is easy. They always come back from death. It's keeping their sanity that's the problem.
>>
First off, remember that time is convoluted. This is detailed in the first hour of Dark Souls and nothing ever changes this. I mean fucking Creighton and Kirk show up in Dark Souls 3 too.

Might be a minor, humble god (from what we see of Gwyndolin, he seemed relatively unchanged besides the whole being digested thing) or maybe he's just a stubborn old dude who likes to smith shit so that he's not bored to tears but doesn't really have ambition enough to go hollow from it like Logan did. As to why he's still alive at all, Frampt says that when the fires are rekindled the curse of the undead will be cured but this has never been seen. According to Aldia, the fire prevents humanity from seeing their own darkness and makes them assume a fleeting form (mortality). Maybe those who were once cursed and have seen their own darkness are forever bound to it?

>>334998087
Gwyn was called a god. What he really was before he became the Lord of Sunlight isn't known. He may have been the same shriveled up precursor to man we see in the opening cinematic before he took the biggest piece of the First Flame pie.
>>
>>334999112
Even if all were part of same proto-human race, the importance of souls, flame and the dark soul were so important that it doesn't really matter.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.