[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were to argue that we are in the greatest era of gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
File: failed projections.png (11 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
failed projections.png
11 KB, 400x290
If you were to argue that we are in the greatest era of gaming ever right now, where you would start?
>>
I'd be like,

>HEY LOOK OVER THERE

And I'd punch them in the temple as hard as I can, silencing the opposition allowing me to claim victory.
>>
>>334995248
>inb4 MUH PIXELS

Honestly I'd say that we're moving away from console and that's good
>>
>>334995380
>moving away from console

we've been saying this for 15 years now
>>
>>334995248
I thought the last one was just okay, this gen is fucking awful.
>>
>>334995380
Its actually a bad thing but ok
>>
I would start with the XBOX 720 because it doesn't fucking exist.

OP is, once again, a faggot.
>>
>>334995248
>so many games that pander to everybodys taste both on PC and consoles

I remember during previous gen that it saddened me that some good games weren't released on PS3 or X360 and were kept only on PC. Now? Literally almost everything worthwhile is released on consoles.
It is a really great time to be a gamer.
>>
>>334995248
>you were to argue that we are in the greatest era of gaming ever right now, where you would start?

I would start with the fact that PC has always been and always will be the greatest era.
>>
>>334995641
the sad thing is that xbox 720 is still a better name than the XBONE

like what were they fucking thinking?
>>
>>334995729
>literally no good games I can't play on consoles or notebook with HD4400

B-B-B-BUT P-P-PC IS G-G-GREAT. W-W-WE ARE M-M-MASTER RAC-C-CE
>>
>>334996139
some of the worst bait i've ever seen
>>
Nah, this gen sucks
>shit hardware that was outdated on release
>new IP's are few and far between and are mediocre at best
>all the other games are rehashes of rehashes from last gen
>some developers are starting to die off
PC is the only option at this point
>>
>>334996691
>implying most PC guys play on i7 and GTX Titan Z
>implying PC gets something better than renamed mediocre shit
>implying PC gets something new and not games we¨ve seen hundrets of times
>implying PC devs don't have to lower their costs since Steam devalued games or not to go F2P since that is only thing that works on mustard fags
>>
>>334996691
PC is still part of this gen, and PC gaming is obviously at its best at this point.
>>
>>334995248
>If you were to argue that we are in the greatest era of gaming ever right now
No one over 20 would ever argue this
>>
>>334997538
I'm 18 and even i would say that the late 90s/early 2000s was the best era of gaming. So many unique games at that point and several franchises were at their peak (paper mario, metroid, diablo, etc).
>>
>day one DLC and season passes everywhere

fuck video games

all I've been playing lately is Killer 7 and CvS2 and it's actually enjoyable
>>
as a talented indie dev myself, the current indie scene on PC is amazing and better than any era in gaming thus far
>>
GC/PS2/Xbox was the "greatest era of gaming"

Xbox only gets mentioned because it was lucky to be in the same generation as the PS2/GC
>>
>>334997823
Whyat do you think personally about PC gaming and how game costs are devalued on it to the point that it is surprise that PC market is not like mobile stores?
>>
>>334997990
Xbox was a better system than both though. Just didn't have many unique titles.
>>
>>334997990
OG Xbox was incredible you dunce
>>
>>334995248
>the gen of remasters
>>
>>334998153
>was better
>had less games

>>334998236
PS2 and gamecube were 2 of the best systems of all time, the xbox didn't get good until the 360 (which is also one of the best systems of all time)
>>
>>334997992
smaller budgets and smaller dev teams can make games and sell them cheaper than a AAA studio who spend millions of dollars and has 100's of employees.

this wasnt really possible 15 years ago before steam and all these game engines
>>
>>334995248
By telling you to fuck off OP and to point out the ps1 and n64 gen was the best
>>
>>334998415
Phantom Dust? Crimson Skies? KOTOR? JSRF? Mechassault? Halo? Gunvalkyrie?

The thing was filled with good games
>>
>>334997990
>GC/PS2/Xbox was the "greatest era of gaming"

thats not genesis/snes
>>
>>334995248
By killing myself
>>
>>334996691
>Shit hardware on release
I don't understand why ever PC user on /v/ assumes that the average PC user has some magical PC gaming machine like they do

On release, the PS4 was much, much better than the average PC user's computer. Hell, it still comes close. There was an article where Steam themselves said that they average PC autism race user had worse specs than the fucking PS4 and Xbone did
>>
>>334998561
Nah, Genesis/SNES has some gems but most of the middle-ground stuff in unplayable today. At least the ps2 era is full of fantastic shovelware and basically 100s of classic titles that will still be fun decades from now.
>>
>>334997990
>GC/PS2/Xbox was the "greatest era of gaming"
>not mentioning the dreamcast

triggered.
>>
>>334998704
i disagree completely most 16 bit games have aged well than ps2 era games. especially early ps2 games
>>
>>334998673
B-B-BUT T-T-THERE ARE F-F-FIVE OF US WHO HAVE B-B-BETTER P-PC THAN CONSOLES. W-W-WE ARE M-M-MASTER RACE.
>>
>>334995248
"This generation has PC, which can emulate older games for free, and Wii U, which can emulate older games for free."
There you go.
>>
>>334998889
i don't know, every other 16-bit game is a side-scroller and those get stale fast.

although i will say i do miss the music and sound effects from that era the most
>>
Nintendo's soul is fading
>>
>>334999194
you know, i thought of that before posting the thread, but emulation's been a thing for what, 10-15 years now? it's hardly unique to this generation.
>>
>>334999318
GCN/Wii emulation has come a long, long way in terms of amount of compatible games, netplay, and the requirements of hardware to play those games. And we seem to be close to actually getting Xbox 360 emulation and Wii U emulation.
>>
>>334998976
>>334996139

Keep trying, you're almost a meme master now
>>
>>334999318
Yes, but it's at it's best right now.
With an average laptop such as mine, you can emulate NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Playstation 1, Sega Genesis, Atari, way way more I don't care about.

With an above average computer you can almost perfectly emulate GameCube, Wii, Dreamcast, DS, Playstation 2 games, and soon, 3DS, Xbox 360 and Wii U games.
Plus, we have netplay, the ability to use virtually any USB controller provided we have sufficient drivers, shaders and filters to make the game look """"smoother"""" or have a CRT looking screen. Emulation really is getting at it's best.
>>
>>334995729

>Implying that PC gaming didn't get good until DirectX
>>
>>334995248
I'd say we're getting more games than ever, with gaming starting to emerge from being seen as "a bunch of fat lonely virgins obsessing over fictional characters" and becoming more accepted in the main stream. Of course, this doesn't apply to video games but also other nerdy media like comic books too.

Right now is a transition period and why there may be some growing pains, once the game industry finds its place I'm sure gaming will thrive.

Heh, as if anyone could be optimistic. We're probably heading for a crash, let's just hope there are survivors.
>>
What moron would possibly think that
>>
>>335001969
i do, fight me
>>
>>334998495
the only good game on that list is JSRF
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.