[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game enjoyable without spending any real cash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: hearthstoneee.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
hearthstoneee.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
is this game enjoyable without spending any real cash
>>
>is this game enjoyable
No
>>
I only bought the Naxx expansion and so far I've been able to have lots of fun.

Then again I literally just play Arena after I've saved up enough cash from doing Hunter quests with my rushdown deck.

Ranked is a fucking FoTM joke.
>>
>>334993720
Probably not
As with physical card games it has a barrier of entry if you want to play and win, and since a lot of people have been playing longer than you, they have better cards and skill and will consistently wipe the floor with you

I would say the game has a 40$ barrier to entry, buy Blackrock and League of Explorer adventures and youll be slightly better off then someone who is walking in entirely blind
>>
>>334993720
its ok to play while taking a shit or having a smoke. Other than that I dont play it. I do the quests when I can too. If you dont spend money on the game then you will be like me and forever farming gold to buy that next wing of the expac.

Id give it a 6-7/10 for a casual card game.
>>
It's for the retarded, like all Buzzard games.
>>
>is this game enjoyable

No.
>>
>>334993861
This. Most people on ranked are just using pre built decks the top players use they found online because "meta".
>>
>>334994660
yeah like every card game in existance sadly it devolves into this
>>
>>334993720
>Blizzard game
It's trash
>>
I tried playing it at release but couldn't get into it.

Strangely calming to watch people stream it for short periods of time though.
>>
I've been F2P since beta and the only reason I've been able to get away with it because I got into the game so early and sat through the year of, "Are they ever going to release an expansion?"

I'm not gonna lie through my teeth and say that anyone can F2P it up and catch up in no time but the truth is that you're going to have to put some cash down maybe even every month to keep up.

Can you have fun without paying? Yeah of course, it's an awesome fucking game. For the past six months I've been doing the bare minimum to try and save up some gold but when WoTG releases it's the only game that brings back that passion that drives me insane wondering what to build next.

Don't try to be competitive and try and get good at Arena and you'll have fun.
>>
Sure. Hop in a time machine and go F2P from the game's release. It's not possible to play competitively without spending cash now, you will never catch up.
>>
its my go to time waster and ive spent no money on it but i have been playing since release and doing almost all of my daily quests and im just barely keeping up. Ive got 4k gold and 8k dust saved up but most of that is going to get wiped out later this week when the new set is released. at first it can be a little discouraging when you only want to do arena and are forced to do constructed with suboptimal decks but once you find a cheap deck to craft (warlock zoo, facehunter, etc) you can switch back and forth between arena and constructed and save up gold. then you can either keep doing arenas or take it real slow and save for adventures.
>>
No

Even MTG I can borrow my friend's deck and play, this game is mobile garbage.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.