[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, how is this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
Now that the dust has settled, how is this game?
>>
Awful. They started the game with a mini-episode which didn't require as much grinding, nor power-leveling, only to have all of the hated mechanics x4 when you played as each CPU.
>>
>>334988037
>Awful. They started the game with a mini-episode which didn't require as much grinding, nor power-leveling, only to have all of the hated mechanics x4 when you played as each CPU.
what does even mean?
>>
>>334988372
The game splits up the team. You basically replay the same story with each of the main characters individually.
>>
>>334988607
oh that's cool.
>>
>>334987879
Name a better RPG on the ps4.
>>
>>334989781
Dark Souls 3
>>
It's Neptunia with a real budget.

They introduce new concepts, build the world, and write in a way for the Goddesses not to be replaced with PS4/XBONE/WIIU while showing there were goddesses for every other system.
>>
>>334988607
Wrong. You see the story from 4 different angles. Also you get to familiarize yourself with each character before committing in the last arc.
>>
It's a major improvement over the re;birth trilogy, but in the end it's still a game that's carried by its story/characters, so if you don't like those you probably shouldn't bother.

>>334988037

I'd disagree on that one- I felt like Zero Dimension required more grinding than all of the CPU stories except for maybe Noire's. Still not that much grinding involved in any case.
>>
I can't believe a game with such a ridiculous premise turned into an entire series that has lasted this long.
>>
>>334987879
It was okay, but a hair's breadth away from actually being good.

I bet a month with a decent designer just changing numbers around would've made it a really solid JRPG. As it is, it's still fun but incredibly unpolished.
>>
>>334988037
Except that was the best part of the game, since it finally gave completely flat characters like Noire and Vert something to do, and made everyone generally more fleshed out and likable since it gave them enough screen time that they could be more than cardboard cut-outs of anime archetypes. And unlike other games in the series, it didn't just overload you with characters you never even used, since it effectively forced you to try all of them (with the somewhat minor exceptions of Uzume and Big Nep, who went out of the spotlight before you were a high enough level to learn all of their abilities).

It's definitely the best game in the franchise, though admittedly it's an incremental improvement rather than an exponential one. My only real complaints are general balance issues and a pretty lopsided difficulty curve that's unfairly hard in the beginning, but brain-numbingly easy by the end. Plus, it's the first game in the series that actually got me to like Neptune, whom I couldn't fucking stand in previous games.
>>
>>334990356
I started with VII, but was Neptune characterized differently in the previous games?

I liked that they pointed out that she's intentionally happy-go-lucky and not actually a retard.
>>
How do I Nep?
I just downloaded Rebirth, is that a good place to start?
>>
File: Kanye.jpg (84 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Kanye.jpg
84 KB, 640x360
>>334990049
>It's Neptunia with a real budget.
>Backgrounds, sounds, and recycled artwork from the VITA games
>>
>>334990560
>I started with VII, but was Neptune characterized differently in the previous games?

She was characterized differently in english period. The localization was god awful until VII.
>>
>>334990858
I watched the anime and she was like a six year-old and that's what I was expecting.
>>
>>334990713
DaS3 is just recycled assets from bloodborne and DaS2/1.
>>
File: Rei.jpg (16 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Rei.jpg
16 KB, 512x288
>>334990672
>Play Re;birth 3
Congratulations! You've played the only good game in the series.
>>
>>334989973
At least Neptunia VII runs at a reasonable framerate.

Unless you zoom out on the world map for some retarded reason.
>>
>>334990560
It's not really that she was written differently (except in Victory, where she was a turbocunt for some reason), but she just never had the presence or agency in the plot to be anything more than "the one who makes annoying fourth-wall jokes and spouts memes." Seriously, the moments in her G Dimension story where she offers to split rule of Planeptune with B-Sha because her citizens matter more to her than her title, and where she sends Nepgear to help out Vert are the only selfless things I can remember her ever doing without being guilted into it in the entire series. And her dream sequence in the Heart Dimension was pretty heartwarming, too.
>>
>>334990356

Yeah, as much as I actually do love Neptune and feel like one of the series' core strengths is the chemistry that the main four have with each other, it was nice to see the other three get the spotlight to themselves for a bit.
>>
>>334990560
They changed translators for Rebirth 1 and there was such a change in characer that they brought back the NISA guy who did the PS3 games and Producing Perfection.

Of course that's the first time Vita and PC players experienced the characters, so the Japanese purists go into an autistic fit of rage when she uses western memes.
>>
>Neptunia rhesuses assets
>Fucking this factory again?

>DarkSouls reuseses assets
>I love Anor Londo! Soo many references!
>>
>>334991083
I kept waiting for the punchline to the dream sequence. Probably should've known better, none of the jokes in this game are ever set up.

That's interesting though, and completely different from the impression Neptune gave off in VII. I've only started playing Re;birth 1 and she's still an amnesiac, so there isn't a whole lot going on there.

Makes me appreciate VII more.
>>
File: WhatIGotV2.jpg (436 KB, 1054x1254) Image search: [Google]
WhatIGotV2.jpg
436 KB, 1054x1254
>>334987879
very good
>>
>>334992019
I have no fucking idea what any of that shit in the bottom panel is supposed to mean. Except "useless power ups." That's pretty damn accurate.
>>
>>334987879
The best combat system out of the entire series minus EXE being completely useless again
>>
>>334987879
Pretty good
EXE is fun to build up
>>
>>334992219
Aizen fish = Umio (his Japanese VA is Aizen's)
Rule 63 Dante = C-Sha
Rule 63 Squall = S-Sha
Kali Yuga = the giany boss battles
the ninja = Steammax

>>334992290
until you get a certain item
>>
>>334992219
>that incredible disappointment when you use the quad formation skill with all NEXT forms
The balance in this game was so fucked up.

>>334992290
I thought EXE was really useful for AoE skills. It was the transformations and formation skills that did fuck all for some reason.
>>
>>334992563
Formation skills were pretty useful for Parts Breaks, since they target every point on the enemy at once. The ones that cost more than two EXE still weren't worth it.
>>
>>334992734
Could be that I was doing it wrong, but I also don't remember part breaks doing a whole lot besides extra item drops.
>>
>>334990971
Fuck off the Re;Birth games are barely different from each other mechanically.
Fucking secondary basic bitch.
>>
>>334993192
Early on, the defense debuff can be pretty useful, but by the time you can just spam EXE Drives with abandon, Affimojas is the only one you'll need to worry about. I don't think I did a Parts Break on a single one of the Dark CPUs.
>>
>>334993508
Was there a specific formation skill that did applied a defense debuff? I just remember that Noire's level 1 EXE skill applied a bunch of debuffs for no apparent reasons, while also being an AoE and doing great damage.
>>
>>334994052
Sorry, I meant that doing a Parts Break will lower enemies' defense, or sometimes their attack depending on what you break. Like I said though, it doesn't really matter after a little while.
>>
Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies + Donkey Kong when?
>>
>>334990356
>with the somewhat minor exceptions of Uzume and Big Nep, who went out of the spotlight before you were a high enough level to learn all of their abilities).
Someone didn't get the true ending
>>
>>334990971
The 2nd one is ok, but the grinding for shares for the endings is retarded. The 1st one is just plain bland.

>>334991083
Conquest too =(
>>
>>334994257
I found parts break to be really good when you're fighting enemies way too high level for your characters. That said, it's easier just to come back and fight it.
>>
File: 1460580746057.jpg (525 KB, 2000x1224) Image search: [Google]
1460580746057.jpg
525 KB, 2000x1224
It's in the top 10 games for 2015.
>>
>>334998940
sounds like bullshit
>>
I don't understand this drawing. It looks very uncomfy to pose like that.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.