[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What company would compete with Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1461174088376.jpg (35 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
1461174088376.jpg
35 KB, 1200x674
From >>334939882.. What company would replace Nintendo? What would have to happen is as simple as a company putting out the N.O.G. style (Mario, etc.) on another platform, but also pushing other companies to do their best (the thread mentions Project Cars vs. Codemasters).

It seems obvious that there's no reason for such to push an exclusive console platform unless they approached Nintendo themselves, but consoles limit the environment of game innovation anyway.

Fantastic MMOs are no challenge to produce. Interesting stories combined with superb gameplay are simple. What's the word?
>>
>What company would replace Nintendo

Companies can't simply replace eachother.

That's why Retro's DKCs feel different from Rare's DKCs.
>>
File: motivation.png (51 KB, 1103x380) Image search: [Google]
motivation.png
51 KB, 1103x380
>>334980641
There's no reason to ascribe neat games to single companies. Couldn't motivation explain all of vidya trends? It's as simple as checking the scientific resources.
>>
>>334980773
Then what's the deal with mentioning something about replacing Nintendo when Nintendo hires many different dev teams to do different games?

Are you saying all those dev teams should disappear?
>>
Apple could

but they don't
>>
>>334980773
By that logical, anything that sounds interesting will work and any idea guy could be good at designing a game.

Truth of the matter is there's more to it than that.

You've got to have a solid plan before you begin working but now I'm just opening the discussion to general.

I don't get your angle, OP.

Put it into simpler words.

>Fantastic MMOs are no challenge to produce.

Stopped reading there. Make a better thread next time.
>>
>>334981145
>Nintendo
>3rd party
>>
>>334981320
>post provides simple reasoning to good games with scientific backing
>4chan reply: "nuh uh!"
>>
>>334981328
I never said they were.

OP seems to implying that they should go 3rd party to encourage more competition?

Also, lately Nintendo has been hiring 3rd party to work on alot of their IPs.

>>334981428
Well I have facts that many MMOs often get shut down because they aren't fantastic enough to hold people's interest.

There are very few longstanding fantastic MMOs and the ones that come close to them either get taken down early due to company's greed or lack of players.
>>
>>334981561
If the implication is that any MMO has done something unique and interesting, it'd probably be a decent idea to re-evaluate.

Theme parks (no content, the #1 reason for unsubs)

..Well, that's basically it.

Inb4 EVE. It has the worst monetization and progression in the genre.
>>
If you're talking about being iconic in terms of wide variety of IPs, the other companies that have lasted as long as them have mostly shelved all their IPs (Konami, Bamco, Capcom even shelved their mascot Mega Man).

The big Western 3rd parties also have a problem not homogenizing every IP (a large amount of them have opened themselves into the "open world" style gameplay with skill trees to unlock passive and active skills with only differences being narrative changes).

Ubisoft is most guilty of this with a vast majority of their IP being very samey.

Me and a buddy decided to look up the boxarts of all of their games out at retail and 3 common things showed up.

1. open world
2. co-op experience
3. skill point / skill system for "variety of playstyles"

The Western 3rd party games most of all feel like manufactured games with new paint.

Instead of Mario, Mario Paint, Mario Kart, Mario Guns, you get Space Open World, Medieval Open World, Modern Open World, Future Open World, Prehistoric Open World.
>>
>>334982420
All the OP is suggesting a company would have to do is make an alternative to Mario and such and actually produce lots of (that and other) games.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.