[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ Undertale Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 800x449
Hey /v/, do you like undertale? If so, explain why and why you hate it in general. I never played it, I watch YouTube videos of the walkthrough of it and it seems pretty good.
>>
It looked like a tumblr game and all the hype and shilling on any board put me off.
>>
The fanbase is obnoxious and won't shut the fuck up about it so it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
The game itself doesn't look too bad and the two tracks that I've heard from the soundtrack were pretty decent, but I can't fucking stand the bullshit surrounding the game.
>>
>>334977057
I KNOW RIGHT
>>
>>334976621
The game was entertaining enough. Had some annoying parts, but overall the game was enjoyable I found. I wouldn't really recommend the genocide run, since its mostly tedium with just two decent fights, but pacifist had enough rough runs.

I'd suggest avoiding both the fanbase and the haters, since both sides exaggerate far too much.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 379x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 379x364
>>334977057
>annoying fanbase
>not ignoring it
>>
it's fun
the fanbase is full retard tho
best to just play, enjoy, and move along
>>
>>334978456
>wouldn't really recommend the genocide run

Gonna suggest the opposite, the Sans fight (and to a lesser extent Undyne's) are the only point where you get genuinely challenged. It's worth it, if only for them
>>
>>334976621
It was a decent indie title. But the over hype for a "progressive" mindset ruined it for me and a lot of friends.
>>
Well here's the red line;

I liked it at first because it was very well designed and thought, mechanically.
But as I went through the game I started to feel more uncomfortable every time I progressed on.

I then hated it so hard because it's characters are very very VERY intentionally made gay. Not just gay but tumblr depth gay. and that ruined everything.
>>
File: 1460728554299.jpg (85 KB, 592x640) Image search: [Google]
1460728554299.jpg
85 KB, 592x640
Its probably the most overrated game on existance after skyrim

at least skyrim had fun combat... or something close to it
>>
>>334978789

That situation also pulled the fanbase heavily on side of those whales and fat fucks, furthermore we had stupid anime and manga drawings of characters everywhere on the internet. Then the game ruined globally at last.
>>
File: omagadithasinternetexploraa.jpg (74 KB, 517x623) Image search: [Google]
omagadithasinternetexploraa.jpg
74 KB, 517x623
>couldn't figure out a good way to naturally insert the exposition into the story
>hey, let's just have the monsters tell you the whole story for no reason when you're walking around Asgore's house.
>>
>>334978732
>But the over hype for a "progressive"
what kills me is that if it came out 10~ years ago with the exact same content people wouldn't have had a mastubatory circle jerk about it
>>
>>334976621
Miscer here. Aware me this game, brahs.
>>
>>334977057
>actually turning down good vidya because you dont like the fanbase

this place really is shit after all
>>
>>334977057
>a few turbo-autists can ruin a game for me
>even if the game itself is good
That's kinda dumb, anon

If you had played a game, and enjoyed it, then found out a week later that the fanbase was fucking horrendous, it wouldn't magically take away all the enjoyment you got from the game a week ago. Why let it work the other way around?
>>
>>334978789
what a homophobe
>>
>>334977057

Why would you read Youtube comments or go to Tumblr, /utg/ or the UT subreddit anyway?

It's like a normalfag going to /b/ to find a gore thread and then posting on facebook that "4chan is such a sick website omg"
>>
it was good. it's a video game so I was able to input my keyboard skills in the battles. some of the dialogue was cringey but other than that it was cool. i played the demo in 2013 and bought it like 2 days after it came out. also it was cool i didnt need steam and could use bitcoins to buy DRM free version. good game it was a video game for sure
>>
>>334979379
>I'm a dyslexic and I browse /v/
or you just didn't want to get the point there.
>>
>>334979107
can you talk like not a retard and maybe we can fulfill your wishes?
>>
Alright, do you guys want me to start dumping undertale scat again?
>>
>>334979616
>i hated it because the characters were gay
how is that anything but homophobic
>>
>>334979790

dude, there's a reason why I wrote "very VERY intentionally gay"
>>
>>334979790
homophobia isn't real, no one gets a panic attack from seeing a gay person
>>
>>334979790
>homophobic
But hating gay people is the right thing to do, they all should be gassed.
>>
>>334978789

The two guards were funny, I think they were references to /fit/

Alphys x Undyne were strange and they needed to get a fucking room, but that only happened at the very end of the pacifist route so that definitely isn't game ruining
>>
>>334979884
and god makes gays intentionally gay
>>
>>334980187
no, Aaron was.
>>
File: 1456686988217.jpg (8 KB, 353x347) Image search: [Google]
1456686988217.jpg
8 KB, 353x347
>>334976621
>I never played it, I watch YouTube videos of the walkthrough of it
>>
>>334980276

BUT HE DOESN'T FUCKING TRY TO POKE THEM INTO YOUR EYES WHILE MAKING EVERYONE CALL YOU AS AN UNISEX PERSON WHILE ALL THE PEOPLE ON EARTH IS FUCKING REFERENCING GAYNESS AND JAPAN IN EVERY FUCKING SENTENCE THEY MAKE
>>
>>334978983
Didn't we already have Mother 3 ten years ago, or did the fan translation come later?
>>
>>334978668
I dunno bout that, I mean it depends highly on your skill level but I found some points hard doing a pure pacifist run personally. That said, to just get to those two fights its pretty tedious in general which is why I wouldn't recommend it.

They're good if you're only looking for a challenge and can stomach wasting time to just get to that point though.
>>
>>334980643
Kill yourself, nigger
>>
>>334976621
played it, really enjoyed the characters and story
the game could really do without alphys tho
>>
>>334980847
Bet you like dark souls either, faggot.
>>
>>334976621
I liked it. It didn't leave a lasting impression.
>>
>>334977057
That's pretty much how I feel. I don't know why but I just have a mental barrier that goes up whenever I see idiots foaming at the mouths over things.
>>
Even youtubers like jacksepticeye who are the scum of the internet complained about how cancerous the undertale fanbase is.
>>
>>334980643
>HE DOESN'T FUCKING TRY TO POKE THEM INTO YOUR EYES
What are gay pride parades, Alex?
>>
Everytime I see an undertale thread on /v/, I see cancer complaining about cancer,
>>
>>334979232
You obviously don't play COD
>>
File: 1451365818090.jpg (33 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1451365818090.jpg
33 KB, 600x476
>>334980512
That is how people "play" games nowadays.
>>
>>334976621
It was a very fun experience. I guess I was in the mood for another Earthbound like game because it really clicked with me. Easily in my top 3 of last year.

It's music is phenomenal, the characters are fairly interesting, the gameplay is solid and the mechanics are switched up a lot but not to the point that it becomes annoying.

I'd absolutely give it a shot for $10.
>>
It's not a bad game, I liked it.
The fanbase like a majority of games are usually the worst ever, I don't think you should let that effect your judgement of the game, It's not the best game I've ever played, but it's not utter trash like people say. That said, not every game is made for everyone, if you don't like Undertale, then you just don't, I like it, I won't force you to like it either.
>>
File: 1444431437184.jpg (303 KB, 1100x783) Image search: [Google]
1444431437184.jpg
303 KB, 1100x783
>>334977057
>annoying fanbase
>threads almost never, and whenever there are threads it's almost always more about hating it or people posting bait rather than actually anyone talking about how much they like it
Every time with you guys, stop obsessing over fanbases.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.