[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else regret buying a Xbox One? Only reason I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: xbox-one-is-a-massive-console.jpg (345 KB, 2987x2240) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-is-a-massive-console.jpg
345 KB, 2987x2240
Anyone else regret buying a Xbox One?

Only reason I don't sell it is Scalebound. Everything is better on PC.
>>
I won a Halo 5 Xbone in a competition and I still regret the time I spent taking it out of the box and setting it up.
>>
It's an alright system.

The controller is awesome, but the UI, DRM, and other stupid bullshit stop it from being decent. Then again, this who gen is crap. The big three are so out of touch because men in suits run these companies, not the developers themselves.
>>
>>334973868
>DRM
What DRM?
>>
>>334973868
>UI,
Opinion
>DRM, and other stupid bullshit
??? Explain?

It's not a perfect system but I dont see how its any different there compared to the PS4.
>>
I play my xbox one much more than my pc. Haven't regretted it one bit.
>>
>>334974106
>Opinion
Fact. It's slow, unresponsive and unintuitive.
>>
>>334973868
>The controller is awesome
I agree with that, it's the only part of it I like.

>>334974228
I played Witcher 3 and Far Cry 4 on Xbone, then upgraded my PC. Everything is better on PC - resolution, framerate, draw distance - and not even with that expensive of a video card (970). No way I would play a multiplatform game on Xbox again.
>>
>>334974908
Anything on pc is better than console. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy consoles though. I have a gtx 980 and I still play multiplayer multiplats on xbox because I have more friends on it and I'm just better with a controller. The only things I play on pc is fallout 4, cs:go, runescape, h1z1, warcraft 3 and garrys mod sometimes. Everything else like witcher 3 or the division I play on xbox.
>>
I bought both an xbox one an a ps4 recently and i'm trying to narrow it down to one to keep

on one hand xbox online experience and gold in general is much better value: "free" games, windows 10 apps, more social features, just feels like a cosier 1 stop experience in general.

but on the other hand it has like 2 or 3 games worth playing in the next year and obviously thats a huge deal.

my brain tells me that ps4 is the better option but i also feels like its lacking an exclusive game with lots of multiplayer replayability,like a gears for example.

don't mean to make this look like a blog post i'm just mapping out what i think of the 2 consoles
>>
Buying a xbox one is fucking crazy all the games keep coming to pc.
>>
I considered buying one just for Forza but i hear it's supposed to be coming to PC, supposedly some watered down version though. but it's still Forza
>>
I bought it for halo and forza
halo is good on it, forza is fantastic

the ui is the worst I've ever used for any console ever. It's absolutely awful.
>>
>>334973504
I regret getting it early. At this point I'll keep it just for the exclusives, since they tend to be really good. Greatly looking forward to Scalebound, Halo Wars 2, and eventually Halo 6.

>>334974106
>UI
I think it was pretty rough at first, since it was mostly for Kinect. Now I really love it, they've really making it perfect.

>DRM
Well the Xbone and PS4 do have mild forms of DRM still there. It's dumb, and it's why I personally will not invest in whatever new consoles Sony or MS release, because consoles were supposed to be simple and easy and free feeling, if I wanted DRM and internet DRM crap I would play the superior versions of games on PC.
>>
>>334974059
he's an idiot, every console released over the last couple of generations has had DRM in some form.

I didn't regret either my Xbox One or PS4 until news that they're being replaced already came out.
>>
>>334979346
>Well the Xbone and PS4 do have mild forms of DRM still there. It's dumb
It's absolutely a necessity, Sony and Microsoft don't make money off their hardware. The entire purpose is to make money on the sale of software and this helps ensure that piracy doesn't detract from that. I know I sure as fuck wouldn't pay for games on PS4 or Xbox One if I could easily get them for free.
>>
>>334978603
What exclusives are left? Halo 5 and Sunset Overdrive?
>>
>>334980239
that's basically it at the moment
>>
>>334978603
>all the shitty ports of games are coming to a shitty os that no one wants
Ftfy
>>
>>334977918
>Multiplayer replayability
What? Anyway yeah if you want the xbone exclusives keep it. Multiplats will run better on ps4 tho and some will have VR Support (Tekken 7)
>>
>>334978603
>Fable 2 will never come to pc

;_;
>>
>>334973504
The opposite here, I regret my PS4 purchase. Haven't played much on it outside of Destiny and Bloodborne, have been much less interested in the other exclusives than i thought I would.
>>
>>334973504
tfw mine is collecting dust
>>
>>334980368
scalebound is coming to pc?
damn daniel
>>
>>334980631
>bragging about vr support
It's like I'm back in the kinect days
>>
>>334980631
I mean some kind of semi competitive multiplayer game to grind out levels and ribbons or whatever like gears 3.

obviously there's the battlefields and cods etc but it'd be nice if PS4 had something of it's own to go with it's solid single player exclusive selection
>>
>>334981189
there's a rumor that it will but it's not even a game yet so who gives a shit, it doesn't belong on an "exclusives" list if I can't play it
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.