[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is one of the best final bosses ever made. Not only it is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg (1014 KB, 1200x1575) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o25lubbSXv1qzwtdlo1_1280.jpg
1014 KB, 1200x1575
This is one of the best final bosses ever made. Not only it is beautifully designed, it's also a tribute to all the hardships and conquests we faced throughout the series. It pulls the heartstrings without being preachy about it, while at the same time being loyal to the the feelings that made Dark Souls what it is.

Thank you, FromSoft, for making this incredible game.
>>
>>334972754
I felt like it was pretty cheap to do additional health bars. Like they really ran out of ideas or something.
>>
>>334973605
How that's different from bosses with multiple phases?
>>
Honestly it felt pretty shitty, to me. It's basically just "fan service: the boss." Or "hey remember dark souls lol?"

It had a lot of unnatural looking movements that existed only to trick you into rolling into attacks, and it barely ever stopped attacking, combined with (of course) shit tons of poise to ignore your heaviest weapons. I felt nothing but irritation and disappointment.
>>
>>334973878
It just feels cheap. Like "hehe you killed the boss but OH WAIT he is back hehehe". At least bosses that change phase don't usually do so when you kill them.
>>
>>334974242
It would be fanservice if there was no logical correlation with the rest of the series. That's not the case.

>It had a lot of unnatural looking movements that existed only to trick you into rolling into attacks, and it barely ever stopped attacking combined with (of course) shit tons of poise to ignore your heaviest weapons.

Literally a case of git gud. His movements for the most part are the same movements the player can do with regular weapons in DS3/1, the moveset of his second phase is the same as Gwyn's save for his combo, he is no more agressive than bosses like Champion Gundyr or Pontiff, and if anything it surprised me how low his poise is since I managed to break it 3 times during the first phase with just a Carthus Curved Sword, not even a Greatsword.

>>334974491
This makes absolutely no sense. It's like saying it would be "cheap" to make Gundyr's healthbar lower and then giving another after he starts his second phase.
>>
>>334976227
If you kill someone, they are dead. No "you killed them but now they activate 2nd form!"

IF YOU DIE YOU DIE
>>
>>334974491
Thats not how I felt. When I killed his first phase I was like "well this feels unsatifying if he isnt harder" then he gets back up and its a good fight

>>334976317
obviously he didnt die
>>
This fucker is easy as fuck.

Nameless King was WAY harder than him.
>>
>>334976867
Then his health bar was a fucking lie.
>>
>>334972754
Wow, nice spoilers u f*cktard!
>>
>>334979385
Get over it you pansy
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.