[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can't wait to explore trillions of galaxies with literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: nomanssky.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nomanssky.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
can't wait to explore trillions of galaxies with literally infinite possibilities, you can literally do ANYTHING in this fucking game
>>
you can't play co-op
>>
Like what?
>>
Except play with your friends.
>>
can it get me a girlfriend?
>>
Trying a little too hard there, anon.

Here, have a free reply, you look like you need one.
>>
Can you keep posting the same thread day after day?
>>
Sounds fucking boring.
>>
File: bz94RpX.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bz94RpX.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
>ANYTHING!

Stop saying this shit. You explore, mine and steal shit.

Uncovering relics to slowly lead you closer to the centre of the galaxy to resolve the storyline. That's all!

You can't build bases, you can't get a ship bigger then say the millenium falcon or a small freighter. You don't have a NPC fleet or forge a empire or anything like that.

And I am totally still hyped.
>>
>>334972386
I see you havent experienced the vision of elite dangerous
>>
>>334972386
Don't worry, it isn't a Nintendo game, so it won't get shitposted.
>>
>>334973378

For what Elite is, a pure space game its pretty fun. It's not so much about exploring it never really was. It's about getting credits and upgrading your ship.

Hopefully No Mans Sky keeps its offline mode unlike Elite so you can play comfy.
>>
File: 1352595901634.jpg (45 KB, 420x377) Image search: [Google]
1352595901634.jpg
45 KB, 420x377
oh look, spore RNG animals

random seed snow/autum/summer/ice themed planets

TREES ALWAYS TREES
BLUE TREES
GREEN TREES
ALIEN TREES

EBIN space pew pew fights

>rng starts to show limitations
>initial enjoyment fading
>oh crap i'm only 5 hours in
>its too late to refund
>>
File: 1323573556007.jpg (32 KB, 444x477) Image search: [Google]
1323573556007.jpg
32 KB, 444x477
>MUH FRIENDS
Fuck off. Not every game needs to be some multiplayer bullshit. I'm glad it's mainly singleplayer so I don't have to deal with griefers and other online faggotry. Games today really undermine singleplayer and the fact that most of you whine about playing with your friends shows me how much /v/ has changed.
>>
>>334972386
can I get 60$ worth of content that isn't just seeing slightly diferent colors of grass or a 3 horned goat instead of 2?
>>
YOU SEE THAT PLANET
>>
File: 1398961905041.jpg (89 KB, 1100x937) Image search: [Google]
1398961905041.jpg
89 KB, 1100x937
Who else here skeptical?
>>
>>334972386
galaxy singular. you mean solar systems.
>>
>>334972386
Literally quantity over quality.
>>
>>334974128

As long as we can do all the shit we have seen in the gameplay videos then I'm staying hyped.

I'm not making the mistake I did with Spore believing the hype more then the proof.
>>
>>334974513
>staying hype

But you are making the same mistake.
>>
>>334972386
Starbound 3d, no thanks.
>>
>>334972460
Yes you can (although doing so will be massive challenge because you will start off trillions of light years away from each other)

>>334973232
Only post in this thread that isn't shit
>>
>>334974165
There are multiple galaxies, although I doubt there's trillions
>>
>>334974567

I'm only hyped for what i've actually seen that'll be implemented in the game.

Spore myself and everyone got hyped from that early gameplay demo that came out like 4 years before release and was extremely misleading since EA demanded so many changes on Will Wright.

>>334974165

There is at least two galaxies which the developer had stated in two different interviews, he also said spoilers. Some anons have guessed your exploring the Andromeda galaxy and trying to prevent its collision with the Milky way via alien artifacts or something.
>>
every time this pasta is posted the game has 100 billion more galaxies
>>
>>334975081

18 Quintillion planets is the hard number that's been repeated by the developer.... and since there are four planets on average to each Sun... that's about four times as many stars as our own galaxy
>>
do you guise even realize that disappointment is per definition part of a hype?
>>
>>334975468

The most fun I had with spore was being disappointed
>>
I just want the devs to stop dancing around questions and being generally wishy-washy about every single question they get asked.
>>
>>334972386
>you can literally do ANYTHING
you can't build.
>>
>>334975921

I've seen then avoid questions about is Earth in game, is it our galaxy, how you invite your friends to come to your planet/system (he implied you can do it just didn't say how) what happens in the center of the galaxy and whats your motivation to get to the center.

I'm glad they ain't spoiling to much before release.
>>
File: eliteda.png (1015 KB, 1833x917) Image search: [Google]
eliteda.png
1015 KB, 1833x917
Is Elite Dangerous worth it? I want a comfy space game and Elite Dangerous is already out. Well, it's technically out.
>>
>>334975921
That's just their main tool of hype, they would have nothing without it.

They are using Mr. Molineux tactics, and boy oh boy good luck trying to get hype for another game ever again.
>>
>>334974701

Not really. At least in Starbound you could build shit, play with others, and cause lasting changes to your environment beyond naming a planet "Phallusix IV"
>>
>>334972386
>you can literally do ANYTHING in this fucking game
I can play with my friends? I can form a colony on a hostile alien world? Preordered!
>>
>>334976318

Yes the comfiness is off the charts

Especially if you find a new system with no one else in it
>>
>>334976640

That's every system though.
>>
>shitposters starting ironic threads specifically designed to be as shitpost friendly as possible so they can shitpost in them
this is true autism
>>
>>334976853
To be fair, a game with a marketing scheme as dishonest as NMS's one deserves to be ridiculized.
>>
>>334977050
What have they been dishonest about outside of "is there multiplayer? welllll, maybe... from a certain point of view". Stop projecting your mental disabilities onto others.
>>
>>334974021
Yes. Buy the game and stop listening to what the meme-ing morons say.
>>
>>334976853
/v/ has done this for every major game the past 9 months or so now

>>334977050
nigga they have gone out of their way not to make a bunch of promises and to not shove gameplay down people's throats

the dev has said so many times that it won't be for everyone and that's okay because he intended it to be a niche thing forr people like hiim
>>
>>334982268
b-but muh friends
muh multiplayer
muh factions
>>
>>334982793
It has factions though
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.