[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We come up with our own Dark Souls bosses/mobs/levels The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: pipe_organ_in_basilica.jpg (310 KB, 700x527) Image search: [Google]
pipe_organ_in_basilica.jpg
310 KB, 700x527
ITT: We come up with our own Dark Souls bosses/mobs/levels

The Organist
>walk through a fog door into a large cathedral
>cutscene shows 100s of dead worshipers bent over in the kneeling position in silence
>at the other end of the hall you hear footsteps and someone dragging a stool
>a weak old man pulls the stool up to the keyboard for an organ.
>the organ pipes are gigantic, covering the entire wall with the tiny old man in the center
>he starts playing the organ and the dead begin to rise, you have to fight your way through waves of undead to get to the organist.
>his only defence against you is playing the organ, which gets more and more frantic the closer you get, raising more and more undead.

Kind of inspired by the Deacons of the deep, but a little more grandiose. At the end you could get some sort of miracle spellbook that you can give to whoever teaches you miracles. Maybe also a key from the organ that actually serves as a key to some area if you want to be cheeky.
>>
>>334971808
Plot twist: that's only phase 1. In phase 2 you realise the pipes are giant snakes
>>
Shittiest of ideas and impractical as fuck don't quit your day job kid.
>>
>>334972016
>In phase 2 you realise the pipes are giant snakes
And in phase 3 the snakes start to play miniature organs
>>
>>334971808
A boss that takes place not in a single arena, but in an entire area. It's a beastly archer in a forest that has trapped the entire area. He uses Toxic arrows and focuses on hit and run as well as dynamically placed environmental traps.
>>
>>334972231
Come up with something better. I'm not your kid, I'm your wife's kid
>>
Burdened Beast

>Fairly normal looking ox pulling a plow through neatly organized field
>left side of field is full of nicely organized vegetable sprouts with walkways between
>Right side of field is being tilled by the ox
>If the player ever deviates from the walkways the ox goes nuts, starts charging at the player then banking sideways
>Plow gets flung around like a giant cleaver

This was a boss battle I cane up with for MediEvil when I was very young, just stuck with me.
>>
Crestfallen Warrior, more HP and sippies. He always has his shield up, and only attacks when you miss an attack. The only way to damage him is to recoil and attack during his attack animation.

Kill the weak. Reward the strong.
>>
>>334972340
just play MGS3
>>
>>334972618
what about kicking to shield break, especially with the horsehoof ring

unless you just plan on giving him infinite stamina/stability

which is dumb
>>
>>334972469
It'll have to have it's own flop physics like lucifer if it's gonna be memorable
>>
>>334971808
Headless Warrior
>Begins as a standart boss against an imposing Knight in heavy armor weilding a giant halberd
>After losing a third of his health, the warriors helm fall off revealing nothing inside.
>4 spidery like limbs made of dark errupt from the hole where the head should be and the battle continues

Or this one

Dark Mantle

>Enter a pitch black large room. After proceding to the center you see the upper half of a knight emerge from the darkness on the floor.
>The kniht himself is slow as he crawl on the ground, burdened by the whole darkness of the room which serve as his giant cape.
>Summons arms and skeletal entities made of dark to attack you
>>
>>334971808
I like it OP. Maybe if the undead worshippers were varied in their appearance and attacks too.

I doubt any console could render it though.
>>
>>334971808
He obviously plays this.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HlwtgaQZYDI
>>
Cursed Girl
>moves in awkward motions, think Ringu
>dark area with A LOT of mirrors
>she appears on the mirrors and can come through them in an elusive way (for example, you're standing in front of a couple of mirrors, she comes towards you from the mirror, then actually comes from behind you and attacks) and from the darkness (ceiling, etc)
>some mirrors are cracked and can be destroyed
>she can lunge from mirror to mirror to attack
>2nd phase, she beckons you to come inside one of the mirrors and you enter the mirror realm, she becomes a huge abomination who screams at you and throws up blood (which curses you), after you win the mirrors are broken and you're stuck in this one-off area for a while and have to find a magic mirror to leave
>>
>>334974087
>mirrors
Can't wait to see this boss on the PlayStation 8.
>>
Standard slow large knight man with sweeping attack we've all come to know.

but then after that, his skeleton bursts from his corpse in a explosion of blood and guts and he gains a massive boost in attack speed and power. he can capitalize on guard breaks and parry and will reflect spells and arrows with his parries. all while he's screeching very loudly
>>
>ancient demon captured and used as a war machine
>4 armed beast slightly bigger than taurus, has 4 corroded halberds for each arm
>only way to do real damage to him is by hitting his hands, which have corroded like the weapons they wield
>do enough damage to a hand and he'll drop a halberd
>he will then 2hand the other halberd with the free hand
>his moveset changes completely on one side of his body since he's 2handing on 1 side and has 2 halberds being 1h on the other
>eventually he is 2handing 2 halberds, and then 4handing a single halberd
>by this point his whole body has corroded, you can now damage the boss normally and dont have to target hands
>>
>>334974286
obviously not real-time reflections, just a separate area in the technical sense, i guess. plus the extra rendered girls
>>
>>334971808

Gargyle Dimension

>enter fog gate into cathedral rooftop
>A gargyle swoops down from motherfucking nowhere and fights you
>similar moveset from DS1/2, it goes down pretty easily
>2 more gargyles arrive once you kill the first
>You kill both, and then cue cutscene
>Massive portal opens atop cathedral
>Boss is basically a stationary portal, but every 15 seconds it spawns a gargyle
>If you take too long to kill it, it starts spawning gargyles in batches of 2 or 3
>>
>>334972267
which raise undead snakes
>>
A boss whose armor is just made of shields and rolls around a lot and shield bashes you a lot.
>>
>>334974574
kek'd
>>
The Lag King of Shitty Netcode

>A towering greatsword-wielding paladin in a full coat of blood-red plate
>has literally no animations and slides across the floor like a mannequin on rollerskates
>his invisible movesets cause massive damage

the only way to win is to use the black separation crystal
>>
File: pJwPX5.gif (927 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
pJwPX5.gif
927 KB, 320x180
Its not really a boss its, more of a gimmick

>Every game one boss out of the entire roster is selected through RNG to have a third boss phase similar to that of Ludyx's second phase
>After defeating this boss you don't get a larger number of souls but 2 titanite slabs, 2 twinkling titanites, and 2 titanite scales
>After defeating this boss you are put in a status for 3 minutes where your character quickly hollows, has instakill specials, and loses no endurance
>If you don't manage to kill yourself within 3 minutes you explode and don't lose any souls just return to the boss fire
>If you do manage to kill yourself you get a piece of manus a spell that can turn generic hollows into the dragon deformed black fucking things at the cost 50000 souls
>>
>>334974574
Gargyle sweater

You enter and a sweater is put on you and you die of comfort
>>
>enter cave, absolute silence
>small creature, like gollum or the furtive pygmy hunched forward muttering to itself quietly
>can't distinguish the words so you move closer
>it screeches at you and scuttles up the wall, starts hurling bits of the cave wall at you
>exorcist crabwalks and can catch you in grabs where it jumps on your shoulders and cracks your neck for huge damage
>pain in the arse to hit, but has little health
>if you drop humanity it'll take them and after a couple run away
>>
>Fuckface in golden robes
>Blood on his face, burn marks on his robes
>His health bar drains through the fight
>His attacks heal you up
>Eventually start building up an status bar
>If it reaches full, you die, turn into a orange flaming puddle
>Few ways in the arena to damage yourself top keep your health bar down
>Boss tries to cast HoT's on you, attempt to catch you if you fall from a height
>If you die, turning into an puddle of estus, boss bends over your puddle with slurping sound before being kicked back to the bonfire

about 1 minute of thought, i think it sounds alright.
>>
>>334974382
That would be fucking cool.
>>
Gimmick Boss that would get ruined for players almost immediately:
>standard arena with a huge dragon boss
>it does the standard cinematic stuff (screeching, breathing fire in the air etc)
>fight begins
>as you run towards the dragon a huge knight from the sky does a plunging attack, instantly subduing the dragon
>the knight's healthbar appears while the dragon's health slowly runs out to nothing
>the knight cautiously has his guard up but never attacks
>if you attack him, he immediately gets angry and starts fighting back
>the trick is to beat on the dragon some more, helping the bar run until it dies, at which case the fog wall disappears and the knight returns to his homeworld
And super special prize for killing the high health very angry knight
>>
>>334977276
Fucking best one i read so far in this thread.
>>
Ok, hold on a second though, I will blow your mind.

>Large humanoid boss that walks slowly towards you
>Once you get pass its initial charge range, it charges you
>Standing behind it will trigger an AOE attack
>Standing to the side of it will trigger a SIDEWAYS ATTACK
>Special move that I'm quite proud of, if you stand in front of the boss.... It will try to grab you and do a lot of damage
>Second phase
>Boss goes full retard and flails around like a sperg

How does that sound brehs? Redpill me on my idea.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.