[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aonuma has played through Dark Souls: Thinks it's too easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
Is he right, /v/?
>>
The whole series is easy as shit, but so is Zelda, sans the first few games.
>>
>He posts it again with no source

And he will also say tell anyone to fuck off who asks for source and claims that unsourced screencap from /v/ is legit. We have seen all this already.
>>
>>334968143
>thinks its too easy

Then why the fuck is Zelda so god damn easy?
>>
>>334968143
I might disagree with his opinion, but nothing he said is wrong
>>
Loool preach it Aonuma sensei.
>>
>>334968481
Taking inspiration from dark souls.
>>
To be fair if you follow 3D Zelda's sense of combat you arrive at a fair strategy with dealing with Dark Souls. Keep your shield up, punish blocks or whiffs, always keep moving, and do a dodge when something charges.
>>
>>334968143
yeah that is my opinion of dark souls. I pirated ds3 because i wanted to run through every area and see the new designs, not because I wanted to play it for the mechanics. the game was always easy as hell once you realized what worked
>>
>>334968336
>>334968481
>>334968550
>>334968589
>>334968727
>retards
>>
>>334968336
Zelda is easy but the puzzles are the challenging part.
>>
>>334968589

xDDDD

4theplayers

who tf up
>>
>this stale as fuck fake bait again
wew
>>
>>334968916
The only challenging zelda puzzle I came across was in Phanom Hourglass. It took me 20 minutes until I realized I had to close the DS for a map or something. Every other puzzle is just tedious due to back-tracking and the walk-in a new area loading screen and or having to climb a tall as fuck dungeon.
>>
>>334968143
got a source for that interview?
>>
He's right, the mechanics in Dark Souls like the undead stuff being cryptic made no sense because the gameplay isn't complex at all. It makes sense for the world to be cryptic but not the mechanics themselves.

Dark Souls would probably lose nothing if it made the boss fights 100x easier but instead focused more on making it's actual world complex and challenging rather than the gameplay.
>>
>>334969061
SONY dog! DA shooterrrrzzzz is da shit!
>>
>>334968143
(laughs)

(you)
>>
>>334969098
I haven't even played Zelda since OOT and MM like 6 years ago. Those are the only ones I played too, I used a guide like a fag too. Especially for MM.
>>
>>334968143
>>334968143
>>334968143
>>334968143
Here's my last four (you)'s OP if you don't spend them on drugs they'll last longer.
>>
>>334968143
Dark souls overworld is completely shit, what is the point of exploration, if you can kill yourself and keep all of your items? Baby game that thinks time-outs are a punishment for death in a videogame.
>>
File: Splatoon laughter.jpg (19 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
Splatoon laughter.jpg
19 KB, 235x215
>Everyone calling it fake
>It's not.
>>
>>334968761

So is every game ever.
>>
>>334971559
>lose souls which is the only way to level up

JEE
>>
>>334971665
Well then, where's that source everyone's asking for?
>>
>>334968143
Well I realized why Zelda is shit now.
>>
>>334972081
Dark Souls promotes itself as being a difficult game, though.

No matter how good you get at Ninja Gaiden, for example, a well made sequel will destroy you. DaS does not do that.
>>
>>334972212

http://sheekyforums.com/thread/329034689/video-games/aonuma-has-played-through-dark-souls-thinks-it-s.html

Learn to Google, dipshit.
>>
File: 1412460589692.jpg (96 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1412460589692.jpg
96 KB, 500x667
>>334972436
>disable your adblocker to access content

worse than hitler.
>>
>>334972537

I just did it. Don't do it.
>>
>>334972271
Western advertising and promotion by Namco Bandai does that. Except for Dark Souls 2 which had the "le hard game xD" meme in the game itself.
>>
>>334968143
I can see where he's coming from. Part of the fun for DS is trying to figure things out on your own and explore. If you use a guide, it loses all that and becomes a lot more tedious. That's why when I reply it, I use a different build, since otherwise it's kinda dull.

That said, Zelda is only challenging because of its puzzles. Even its boss fights are essentially puzzles, trying to figure out what works or what doesn't. That loses some of its appeal too if you've done it before and know the tricks.
>>
Here's the reasons I liked the souls game, and it wasnt because it was hard. It was

>enemies and the level design made sure you don't get too lax since something can always screw you over or make you die cause you went on autopilot
>I love the customization in the game and how there's many ways to play it
>the game doesn't handhold you through most things

Literally the only things that make the game great.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.