[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Screentime aside, who had the most personality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
File: ayy.png (627 KB, 499x548) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
627 KB, 499x548
>>
Aqua
>>
>>334966004
axel roxas or ventus
>>
>>334966004
I want to fuck Aqua's thighs!!!
>>
File: 1460839867399.png (133 KB, 295x400) Image search: [Google]
1460839867399.png
133 KB, 295x400
If birth by sleeps gameplay wasn't all wonky and janky it would have been the best Kingdom Hearts game
>>
Entire BBS cast = bland, one dimensional, poorly/unmemorably written, abysmal voice actors

Kairi easily
>>
>>334968442
>Kairi
>I'll be waiting for you!
>I'm still waiting for you!
>I-I'll wait as much as it takes..!
>S-Still waiting... here... and stuff
>A-Am I useful yet? O-Okay...

Woah, amazing character.
>>
>>334968442
>bait.png
>>
Auron
>>
>>334968714
KH2 was about how waiting isn't good enough.

>Aqua
>I'm a marysue who loves her friends
See, I can do it too. If you're suggesting aqua has more personality than a rock, you're deluded.
>>
>>334969042
>Kairi does something important in KH2
Enjoy your (You)
>>
Is it bad that I didn't even notice the connection in OP's pic?
>>
>>334968442

I hate how the game made connections to characters with their brief interactions.

Sora literally has Ven's heart inside him because they met for 2 minutes on Destiny Island and after all the shit that went down in the end of BBS he decided to "rest" in Sora just because he willed it.

Wish I could get paid to be a lazy ass writer.
>>
>>334969185
>can't refute the point, starts making up shit

keep the buttpain coming
>>
>>334969042
KH2 was the only instance where Kairi had a personality. If anything, she's the Mary Sue because all she did was look for them. Nothing more, nothing less.
Aqua was the nurturing, big sister type, who tried to look after those she cared for. She even became a little pompous after getting her Mark of Mastery, believing she always knew what was best for Ventus and Terra, and trying to guide them down what she believed was the right path. But most of all, she was a protector. She didn't try to seek any answers about herself like Terra did, but instead sought out her friends to protect them, and even fight their battles for them, as when she fought Vanitas.
Why did Kairi leave again? I don't think she had a strong conviction to protect anybody. Nor did she have any means to. It was more her just saying "I'm bored, lets see what Sora's up to" and dipping.
>>
>>334969513
now that you mention it that kinda does seem like lazy writing. Is this what people mean when they shit on bbs writing?
>>
>>334969571
>KH2 only instance...
dumbest thing i've heard all day.

>Aqua loves her friends
That's all you said, and that's what I said

>Why did Kairi leave again
if you can't into nomura parallels then why are you even posting
>>
I cant remember one line of dialogue from bbs, but I can sure as hell remember every scene kh, especially the intro
>>
>>334966004
>left upside down shot
>functional environmental shadows
>right
>zero fucking shadows, neon illumination on everything

psp was a fucking mistake, and ruined bbs by throwing out complex combos
>>
>>334969831
ooh, look everyone, it's the fabled post where someone tells another anon they're wrong without actually saying a word as to why!
>>
>aquafags really think she has any personality

i knew you guys liked tits and ass, but I thought you were at least logical waifufags.
>>
kh1 sora
>>
>>334970830
Don't need to write out the opening scenes in KH1, and the OP already pointed out the parallel. Don't know what you expect.
>>
>>334970334
>>functional environmental shadows
It wasn't a shadow you autist, it was HDR. Sora had his eyes closed then opened them facing the direction of the su.
>>
>>334966004

Aqua, all day
>>
>>334966004
DELETE THIS
>>
>>334966004
>KH girls
>personality
Describe Aqua and Kairi with anything more than 'super kind and devoted'. Oh wait, you fucking can't because every KH girl besides Larxene shares those basic traits.

Since it literally does come down to screentime and overall relevance, well Aqua wins just in one game alone by being the title's hero.

Luckily, 2.8 seems to be having Kairi atleast THERE but I wouldn't put it past Square to do nothing with her again.
>>
File: k.png (194 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
k.png
194 KB, 500x458
I want to commit a crime!
>>
File: 1451512444709.gif (52 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1451512444709.gif
52 KB, 500x390
>>334972541
Except Kairi is right there with Larxene in terms of standing out personality-wise.

>Since it literally does come down to screentime and overall relevance
What? No it doesn't. What does that have to do with personality?

>but I wouldn't put it past Square to do nothing with her again.

There wouldn't be
>>334972547
or 3D's secret ending with the whole 7 lights bullshit if they were doing nothing
>>
>>334972950
>Except Kairi is right there with Larxene in terms of standing out personality-wise
Explain. I could give you KH1 Kairi, as she atleast got some dialogue after being comatose through 90% of the game, but KH2 Kairi has maybe 7 lines of dialogue within the game. She has no appearances in Days, ReCoded and simply has no lines in BBS or Kh3d. She is hardly even referenced at ALL by anyone in Kh3d.

So tell me what possible personality that Kairi, a character who has been subjected to NPC status for the pass decade, could possibly have over an atleast aggressive bitch like Larxene, or the mature and altruistic Aqua?

>3D's secret ending with the whole 7 lights bullshit if they were doing nothing
I know Kairi will have a role. The question is how much and how they will execute it. Will they give her a tutorial and cast her off into the void into the end of the game? This does nothing for her character is still underdeveloped.
>>
>>334972541
>Describe Aqua
A hard-working Keyblade Master with terrible communication skills despite displaying some decent diplomatic skills.

>Kairi
A plucky tomboy who is clueless for her best friends's affection for her
>>
>>334973943
>A plucky tomboy who is clueless for her best friends's affection for her
What is KH1's ending? It's already confirmed that she knows Sora loves her and she reciprocated his feelings.
>>
>>334973667
I don't get why you are under the impression personality can't be established in a single scene? Or why screentime matters, but then go onto favor those with Larxene who's had less?

An overwhelming amount of personality is established right from the getgo. It doens't matter if she never had another line from being comatose and onward. Which isn't even the case. KH2 Kairi has her risking herself off of DI, fighting with a keyblade, and giving a smarmy line about Sora being nothing without her. With just that bit alone, excluding all of Kh1, she's far ahead of most KH girls, who simply offer nothing other than kindness. The ironic thing is that Kairi is supposed to be the princess.

And she does have lines in BBS.
>The question is how much and how they will execute it
Secret endings have always been very relevant territory.
>>
File: KH2.8-Artwork.png (348 KB, 508x450) Image search: [Google]
KH2.8-Artwork.png
348 KB, 508x450
Who is this "Kairi" that you all speak of?
>>
>>334974515
I think she was one of the Disney princesses in the first kingdom hearts.

Kinda forgettable like all of Disney princesses.
>>
File: 1432666896801.jpg (82 KB, 1250x995) Image search: [Google]
1432666896801.jpg
82 KB, 1250x995
>>334974515
Just the person so close to Sora that it provided the basis of the plots for COM and Days. I guess you didn't play 1, or 2, or the very game you'd like to circlejerk to.
>>
>>334975110
COM? Isn't that about Namine?

Days? Isn't that about suicide?
>>
>>334966004
Certainly none of the Disney characters.

Look at all those autistic DA animu OCs.
>>
>>334975176
Sora chasing Namine so furiously works because...

Xion is pulled from the most important memories froooom...
>>
File: sad.jpg (124 KB, 537x452) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
124 KB, 537x452
>>334974371
Too bad about Riku, then

>Be Riku
>Secretly the chosen one
>Big ambition
>Beat best friend at pretty much everything
>Including who gets to give your love interest the magical fruit
>Given the chance to explore the world
>Lost best friend and love interest
>best friend has new friends
>with the magical oversized door-opener
>YOUR magical oversized door-opener
>eventually find love interest
>she's in a coma
>Where is her heart?
>BEST FRIEND has her heart
>Get the keyblade you deserve
>MUH FRIENDS ARE POWUH
>Keyblade NTR
>defeated by someone worse than you in fighting
>Be powered by DARKNESS
>SUBMIT
>Still defeated
>Best friend stab himself
>Rescues love interest
>love interest rescues him back
>Final Boss defeated
>Can't close Door to Darkness
>Helps close the Door to Darkness
>ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR
>Take care of her
>Forever lost in the Realm of Darkness
Using the DARKNESS is suffering
>>
File: gallery_43514_1_136197.jpg (173 KB, 444x442) Image search: [Google]
gallery_43514_1_136197.jpg
173 KB, 444x442
glorious thread
>>
I just don't get how Nomura could have Kairi for seven fucking games and never have her fight once

I MEAN SHIT NIGGA

SHE HAS A KEYBLADE

YOU THINK SHE COULD FUCKING USE IT

But anyways, Aqua best girl. Even Kairi admits it
>>
"Nuff said!
>>
>>334975979
she did use it. She also technically used it in chi and Days.
>>
>>334976087
>filename
>>
>>334975979
>>334976087
why are you talking like a youtuber?
>>
File: sad meatball on a fork (2).jpg (11 KB, 265x297) Image search: [Google]
sad meatball on a fork (2).jpg
11 KB, 265x297
>>334976087
Why is she wearing a bra if she's a boy?
>>
>aquafags admitting they worship a blank slate

lol nice try op
btw bbs and everything since are shit
>>
File: Aqua_RoD_BBS.png (104 KB, 478x271) Image search: [Google]
Aqua_RoD_BBS.png
104 KB, 478x271
>>334977028
Hey Kairifriend, I did not start this fight, but (much like best girl), I sure as fuck will end it.

Kairi is pathetic. Like, she's Sora's motivation, but she never fights, never struggles. She's perpetually a liability.

She's cute as a button in KH1, but she never evolves from that. Namine and Literally Who are more interesting than her, and they're SPAWNED from her
>>
>>334966004
One thing I loved about BBS was the setting up of those parallels and the subversion of them.
>>
>>334977258
>but (much like best girl), I sure as fuck will end it.
cringe. also try replaying the main games lmao
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.