[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bdo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: sns_01_blackdesert.png (365 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sns_01_blackdesert.png
365 KB, 500x500
why isn't /v/ discussing this great example of what every mmo should aspire to be?
>>
>alright so we have this game with pvp being a big part right?
>ok ok heres the best part
>we randomize the bonus to HP/MP when you level up
>then we hide all the other stats without telling the players if those are random too
>>
Guys

Lets have cosmetics for real money, that also give you stats

And pets too
>>
>>334965394
>>334966290
/thread
The game does some stuff right, but it also does a lot wrong.
>>
>>334966290
Dont forget to price the costumes so they are almost as much as the game itself. Oh by the way we are selling the game even though its free in other regions.

Oh and those costumes that have absolutely ZERO differences between classes? Add a tag to their name so they become unique items and thus cant be traded between your characters even though there is a "Bound to family" tag we could use.
>>
>>334964927
What exactly is that? Boring and P2W?
>>
>>334966787
Usual Korean shit
>>
>>334967017
This time: with a price tag, just to see how much they can milk retards.
>>
>>334966787
its as much p2w as league is, minus runes

if you don't really care about cosmetics i think u can have a lot of fun with it
>>
>Everything every MMO should aspire to be
>A korean grinder with pvp that boils down to "who spent the most time grinding"

Sure, whatever you say
>>
>>334969398
that's pretty much every game with progression in multiplayer...fucking casual
>>
>>334969398
>with pvp

wtf do u want? more pve grinding??
>>
>>334964927
>Action combat is not utilized because PvE enemies are completely braindead and PvP is almost entirely gear based.
>Shit karma system limits pvp to safe-zone camping games so you can get +1 point for your guild war
>literally no player trading
>trade skills are essentially a single player mobile phone game
>ranger is only class that matters
>gear is so important that if you're not spending your time grinding infinitely you're wasting your time.
>Good graphics are ruined in motion by atrociously bad pop-in which was actually put in on purpose as part of your vision stat
>>
>>334971329
An actually innovative and fun mmo.
>>
>>334969280
>not P2W
>looting pets provide a tremendous advantage since loot despawns so quickly
>ghille suit allows you to pk without fear of retaliation
>fishing suit is just straight up I WIN AT FISHING button
>exp items, monster knowledge items(knowledge is important as fuck for getting good drops), lifeskill items, rez items, etc
>horse skill removal coupons to get rid of caution on your horse

its pretty damn pay 2 win already for a game that promised no to be.
>>
>>334971921
this is as close as u get to innovative in an mmo, that's what im saying...

I've just been wondering why faggots keep playing WoW when they can 'buy to play' this game

it has a nice economic focus as well as pvp AND pve...but the pvp is admitedly much better at endgame
>>
>>334966290
I quit because of the pet thing. I didn't realize how much pets make the game more bearable while grinding. Then I grouped with someone around level 40 to grind some mobs. I had to stop every pack we killed to loot for like 10 seconds, he had just one pet and was able to go non stop aoeing shit down.
>>
Apparently the game is an anti-social grindfest with pretty girls.

Sounds like every Korean MMO ever.
>>
>>334972308
>it has a nice economic focus

Yea, such a large focus on economics you can't even trade with other players. The trading profession is literally just selling items to an NPC.
>>
File: 1437734909165.jpg (14 KB, 214x255) Image search: [Google]
1437734909165.jpg
14 KB, 214x255
>>334971705
>bad pop-in which was actually put in on purpose as part of your vision stat
really? whut
>>
>>334972308
Pvp has been on mmos for ever. It's not a selling point.
>>
>>334972510
As your vision goes up things pop in farther away.

Still looks like shit though.
>>
i like this game ALOT and have played basically every day for a little over a month

BUT

i dont like how the stats are hidden

but

the cash shop gives NO bonus what so ever if we dont count that camo one
thats pretty dumb
>>
It's a mindless Korean grinding MMO that has absolutely no purpose. Sure, most games have no point, but they don't do such a terrible fucking job disguising that fact.

This game is a literal gear treadmill, wherein everything you do, every singular purpose, is about making silver so you can buy upgraded gear from the marketplace.

Once you do that, you can PvP. That's literally it. The world bosses are clusterfucks, and any other "past time" you can do in the game is just literally and only about making silver.

The game is a cash shop seller, except they removed a lot of the cash shop stuff for the western audience, leaving it a bland and lifeless experience you spend half the time AFK running in. To do more things, you have to do quests to do it, and or stand around while energy slowly regenerates pointlessly.

The entire purpose of the game is grinding, and if you find that fun, you're playing games for the wrong reason. Grinding should lead up to something.
>>
>>334974339
damn

yeah

i dont get the whole energy thing that really bothers me
but hitting cap wasnt long at all like look me maybe 2 days of grinding

then i just got my skills up which was easy
youre right about the silver for equipment thing
>>
>>334974075
>the cash shop gives NO bonus what so ever

Pets being cash shop only is bullshit though.
>>
>>334974075
>the cash shop gives NO bonus what so ever if we dont count that camo one
thats pretty dumb

you should try actually looking at the cash shop one of these days
>>
Game is a complete and total trainwreck. It's just grinding and once you are able to see past the grind you realize it's a static, boring, and empty world.
>>
>>334971705
>Action combat is not utilized because PvE enemies are completely braindead and PvP is almost entirely gear based.

This is my entire issue with BDO.
>>
if i've never played an mmo would this be enjoyable? or do people just not like it because they're tired of mmos
>>
look at archeage

THAT was p2w
and the energy system was still stupid

why do these koren MMOs have that?

this game isnt

prove me wrong
>>
>>334979235
just out of curiosity, have you been in every BD thread because I've noticed this writing style in all of them
>>
>>334964927
>all MMOs should aspire to be shitty gook grind pay to win themeparks
>>
>>334980307
In b4 people who dont know what sandbox means defend bdo as a sandbox
>>
>>334978761
its /v/ so im not surprised u have all these ppl saying its all p2w and a boring game just because it has a cash shop..

the combat is leagues better than games like tera and dynasty warriors, more combos and moves.

people are also butthurt about gender locked classes and to them i say - have u ever played a final fantasy game in your life
>>
>>334981118
Look at this fucking retard.
>>
>>334981316
do u have anything to contribute to the thread or are you just a big fucking faggot?
>>
File: Guts simulator.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Guts simulator.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>334964927
sorry but the OG is still better
>>
>>334981648
Online Final Fantasy games are not gender or age locked, and that makes you a retard for using that example.
Not the dude you were talking ti, btw.
>>
>>334974339
sounds like eve online
>>
>>334981118
>the combat is leagues better than games like tera and dynasty warriors, more combos and moves.

see
>>334975847
>>334971705

What's the point if all those flashy moves have no meaning?
>>
>>334982670
what game is this
>>
>>334984040
Vindictus. Wasn't it horribly f2p? Good combat, though.
>>
File: 1453834916091.jpg (16 KB, 454x352) Image search: [Google]
1453834916091.jpg
16 KB, 454x352
>>334964927
because that's not WoW
>>
>>334979235

BDO has a energy system tho
>>
>>334982832
i wasn't talking about those...I just said Final Fantasy

i just thought of a random rpg game series that so many ppl have played and loved....

'gender locked' - who fucking cares the game is really fun
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.