[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NO MAN'S SKY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: nms.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
nms.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
People who are excited for this game, get in here

People who are not, fuck off
>>
I'm bookmarking every hate thread and will be posting them forever once the game comes out and is a masterpiece
>>
No multi player

What a joke.
>>
To everyone who likes it: have you seen gameplay footage yet?
>>
>>334965249
Fuck off

>>334965632
Of course, otherwise why would you like it
>>
>>334965632
Yes they have. Literally a walking simulator.
>>
>>334966246
Because this game had hype before gameplay was seen. There's only a 128m dig limit and there's no multiplayer and you can't see what other people have discovered and it's more than $60 at launch. I'm just confused as to the appeal is all...
>>
File: 1460671417643.png (518 KB, 720x712) Image search: [Google]
1460671417643.png
518 KB, 720x712
Let's summarize the game

>crafting
>has its own periodical system with resources you can combine to upgrade your stuff
>space battles (? How big. Can I lead a faction? Are there wars being fought? Because that would be reason alone to buy the game for me)
>variety of planets: Hot, cold, poisonous. Did I miss something? And neutral of course, whatever that is. No waterworlds.

>You can buy ships directly from the hangar where you respawn(How many spaceships are there to purchase?)
>You can improve your standing with a faction. (How many factions are there?)
>Collaborate with Aliens via learning the language one word at a time
>rob factories
>kill sentinels and run away from the wanted-level
>Survive in caves on cold planets

Did I miss something?

Shit that kind of put me off if it's true

>changes you make to the planet (not including naming things) are exclusive to you and your computer (locally). Nobody can experience the changes you've made on the planet (excluding things you've named)
>The huge cargo-ships looked like the ones in the trailer. Everytime. Do they all look the fucking same?
>red cristals everywhere
>crafting seems rather generic
>space ship rockets?! None seen so far, but probable.
>Very low view distance. The popin is fucking ridiculous on consoles. WIll this be the case for pc?
>Appears to be repetitive but so are dozens of great games
>NPC interacting seems very basic
>"You shouldn't be a spacedick" - so, the option to be bad is not really an option since you can't progress. (i.e buy new ships which you need to get closer to the center of the galaxy)
>Very unclear about Multiplayer - why not just say: No Multiplayer, but you can see other players without interaction.
>geography looked the same on the last 5 planets. Yes, vegetation and rockformations were new, but the hills were practically the same - no mountains, no waterfalls, no real swamps that look different from the water.

Could still be a ~50 hour game. For 60 dollars that's okay.
>>
next Spore
>>
Honestly, it looks like it's going to be 3D Starbound to me, I know the game has a stigma here on /v/ But I enjoyed it so. I look forward to it personally.
>>
>>334966727
Where did you get the no waterworlds from.
Is that actually Confirmed? I was assuming most life sustainable planets will have oceans.

You said Changes made on the planet are local to you. So does that mean changes are permenant? Is their confirmation on this.
I was assuming because the procidial galaxy is a mathematical algorithm it would be able to be permanently modified.
Because of that, that is also why the pop up is terrible.
Its decoding the algorithm then rendering rather then reading a code then render.

(im not too technical code savvy)
>>
>>334964693
>>334964847
>>334966246
>>334966727
>>334967116
Isn't shilling against the board rules?
>>
shit looks boring

even moreso if you can't even do shit with other people

so then it becomes what, minecraft in space? and I couldn't even get into that shit "game"
>>
>>334967902
>that is also why the pop up is terrible.
What pop up?

A water world is a world of only (90%+) water.
We live on earth (which has oceans) and is still not a "water world".

Ive been told by /v/ergins that the changes to the planet are reset when you leave the planet.
>>
>>334968101
>Durr let's not talk about the good and bad things about a game based on limited information to gain a better grasp on how it will be.
>>
>>334968410
>can't even do shit with other people

This is actually a massive selling point for me.

I can jet around the galaxy without having xXdickfart420Xx jumping up and down and shooting everything. Being isolated is something I really value in a game, not everything has to be connected with everyone all the time.

There are plenty of other games that do that.
>>
>>334967902
not him, but I've watched a video where the dev says there are ocean planets, from what I have seen of the planets from the videos though the most ocean looking one was still littered with many islands so that would be disappointing if that's what he was referring to.
And as for the saving, everything you do saves for you locally, including terraforming. That is probably why the pop in is bad because it loads it every time.
>>
>everybody get into my hugbox! criticism is akin to bullying is not allowed!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqmJ8k9uBB0

Is this Anthony guy previewing No man's sky fucking retarded?

I can't stand how he acts as he demos, Shaun is obviously taken aback as well.
>>
>>334969243
as opposed to cynical circlejerk shitpost nms thread #12893697654
>>
Can this thread be different? Anyone want to talk about what kinds of biomes they hope are generated? I was thinking about a toxic jungle planet with a toxic sea
>>
How many planets are you going to name Dicktits VII, /v/?
>>
i would like to be positive, but the marketing for this game is shit and the devs havent showed 80% of the things you are supposed to do
>>
>>334970108
They did show a toxic rain planet with a toxic lake, so you're not far off.

I want a planet that is pure DIAMOND
>>
Yet another pre-order scam.
>>
>>334966993
this
>>
>>334966727
>crafting
>upgrading
>battles
>factions
>alien races (outside of animals)
>survival elements

How in depth? My hype for the game could be massive if this is all true and decently implemented and indepth somewhat but if its shallow and bland and minor then meh the game can fuck off

Im not asking for minecraft levels of customization's crafting building or survival levels from suvival games but I want something more than a few gimmicks
>>
>>334969243
every single no man's sky thread up until this point has been pointless arguing over autistic shit
how about discussing the actual game
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTRi2aEJrgQ lets talk about those blob guys from the toxic planet
>>
>>334968734
Isnt Jupiter a fully covered with water?
The way they made their game is with orbits and realistic galatic models in the algorithm, it would make sense that there would be planets with no water and planets with no land, only water.

I assumed that the changes made to the planet would not be permanent it would be too much data.
Maybe they will allow the physical changes of all planets to stay the same while in the same solar system but reset after leaving for another solar system.

They have been so vague though.
I mean they say that every person will start on their own planet...how would that work without writing each copy with a little bit of new code to determine what planet they start on
>>
>>334968989
>not everything has to be connected with everyone all the time.
I agree, I like couch gaming with real friends over online gaming too.
This game is the game I have wanted since I was a child and I will enjoy it on my own.

Also later this year, we get mafia 3 with no multiplayer too
>>
>>334968906
> Trying to defend shilling by using Reddit Tier response
>>
>>334970625
>want a planet that is pure DIAMOND
That would be amazing.

Thing is the art style of this game is inspired by the art of old Sci Fi books from the 70-80's its not really going to be elements.
We probably wont get a gasious planet or any time of real celestial anomaly.
planets. Some with life and some without is probably as diverse as it would get
>>
is this game online or online-dependant singleplayer

if the latter it can fuck off because no internet at home lol
>>
>>334972579
>Isnt Jupiter a fully covered with water?

Dark purple oceans of molten metals and constant lighting a black sky

Fucked up scary shit to sail in
>>
File: 1432767673805.jpg (74 KB, 610x395) Image search: [Google]
1432767673805.jpg
74 KB, 610x395
http://en.spaceengine.org/load/

Just saved you 60 dollars.
>>
>>334973547
theres no weapons or animals
>>
>>334973381
Neither I dont think, just if you are online your discoveries and named discoveries would get save to their server.
Not really much online needed.
In most cases everything you discover will be undiscovered because its a massive universe, no one is going to discover it all, so being online or not, it will all be Unnamed, until you get closer to the centre of the galaxy
>>
>>334973790

i have a hard time believing it could possibly be offline since there's, what, a quintillion planets. too much data to store on your ps4, unless you can preload online and then play to a certain point offline
>>
File: 1459097870858.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459097870858.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>334964693
I'm not excited for the game. What are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>334964693
stop shilling this fucking game, goddamn
>>
>>334974015
Its not data though is id its a mathematical algorithm.
They said that on its own its less rhan 1gb space, they had to create stuff seperately to give the game weight.

Essentially they havnt made textures or meshes or anything like that to create the universe.
The algorithm has done it, they let it create itself
>>
>>334974391

that's fucking terrifying
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.