[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't wait to explore the literally billions of galaxies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: wat.jpg (150 KB, 1067x542) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
150 KB, 1067x542
Can't wait to explore the literally billions of galaxies and planets this game has to offer
>>
Can't wait to ride a procgen ship with no customization through the conveniently clickable warp points, all my friends will be so gelous of all my planets named after genitals in other languages to avoid the filter
>>
don't forget to report planets and animals that people have bypassed the banned words filter of

like swj, jocial wustice sarriors
>>
Billions of planets, or the same planets billions of times?
>>
>>334964937
or nuckinfiggers, phuckanita etc. etc.
>>
>>334965012
billions of planets you dirty nonbeliever
>>
I'll consider it just as soon as the devs give a straight answer to any question they're asked.
>>
>>334965631
they don;t want to spoil anything you absolute retard
>>
>>334965857
>see all those aliens, you can climb them
>>
Procedural generation is like asking a chef to make a food for you and you say "Surprise me." So the chef goes into the kitchen, grabs random bits of food and puts it between two pieces of bread to make a sandwich.
>>
>>334965631
Sean Murray (The Head British Guy and Hello Games) has been a little clearer now that we're coming closer to the release date. IGN just put out a 15 minute video or so of actual, continuous gameplay just so everybody can get a look at the kind of experience you'll have. All you have to do is find the right videos/articles and you'll have your answers, buddy.
>>
>few weeks left until we can explore literally billions of galaxies with near infinite possibilities

So fucking hype
>>
>>334966691
Can't wait to shitpost in the literally billions of threads this board has to offer.
>>
Spore
>>
>>334964529
Why are you making these false flag threads?

Seriously, what are you getting out of them?
>>
>>334965631
I still dont get why people post this, we know everything about the game. Just watch the recent gameplay.
>>
>>334966812
>>few weeks left until we can explore literally billions of galaxies with near infinite possibilities
>So fucking hype

But what can you do on those planets? I don't want to play a walking simulator. So what if the planets are all different? It's like a procedurally generated city where you can go into any building and look in every room but can't do anything in any of them.
>>
>all of this built up hype
>game finally released
>boring travels, generic everything, planets look like bumpy murky shit up close

You're only setting yourself up for disappointment. Like the past every game.
>>
can't wait to explore trillions of galaxies with literally infinite possibilities, you can literally do ANYTHING in this fucking game
>>
>>334967475
>But what can you do on those planets? I

are you retarded? watch recent dev interviews its about the journey not the destination

i still don't get why poeople post this
>>
>>334967448
>I still dont get why people post this, we know everything about the game. Just watch the recent gameplay.

But the gameplay doesn't even show them do anything other than using a gun to collect crystals for god knows what reason, looking at weird animals and then shooting, setting off all the robots that then try to kill you.
>>
>>334967181
Hey!

Shut you cake-hole, pal!
>>
File: Korvax.jpg (339 KB, 751x404) Image search: [Google]
Korvax.jpg
339 KB, 751x404
I'll be looking for monoliths and learning the Korvax language first so I can get all the best explorer tech.
>>
File: 1391260485310.jpg (205 KB, 699x768) Image search: [Google]
1391260485310.jpg
205 KB, 699x768
>>334965631
Why would they?

They literally bullshitted their way to a million dollar sony publishing deal for a game that looks like took them a few weekends to put together after watching modded minecraft lets plays
>>
>>334967690
>But the gameplay doesn't even show them do anything other than using a gun to collect crystals for god knows what reason, looking at weird animals and then shooting, setting off all the robots that then try to kill you.

name another game where you can do all of this
>>
>>334967616

Hive mind shitposting
>>
>>334967764
same, i can't wait to click *learn alien language* and magically ive now learned it, it's goign to be so hella f*cking epic
>>
>>334967765
delete this shitter
>>
Why are people here so desperate for this game to fail?
EVerything we've sen so far points to it being GOTY easily
>>
>>334967616
>are you retarded? watch recent dev interviews its about the journey not the destination
>i still don't get why poeople post this

lol journey not the destination. That's some mamby-pamby motivational bullshit. The journey has to be fun. You could just throw that phrase at anything and hope it sticks.

It would make sense if your ship was a lot more complicated. If you needed to chart your journey to the center of the universe carefully to manage your supplies. Fuel for your ship, elements for cabin pressurization and oxygenation, elements for repairing broken instruments, building new modules for your ship. That is gameplay. Interacting with the environment.

What do you do in the game?
>>
>>334964529
this thread again
>>
>>334967764

You won't ever find the Korvax, the galaxy is billions! You might find the Xavrok though, they wear the blue suits.
So many races!
>>
>>334968280
They think being contrarian makes them cool
>>
>>334968280

Its /v/ and it hits all the right triggers.

Even if the game is a massive success /v/ will still go on a tirade about how terrible and "insert current meme here" it is.
>>
>>334968280
don't think it will fail in terms of revenue, it'll be a success money wise
>>
>>334967778
>name another game where you can do all of this

It doesn't matter if the landscape is procedurally generated if you can't do anything on it. It doesn't matter if the animals are procedurally generated if you can't do anything with them.

There are hundreds of game where you can do WAY WAY WAY more than just pick up crystals, look at weird animals and get killed by robots for trying to do more than just those two things. You can do way more than that in Minecraft for fucks sake.
>>
/v/ a place where no one can enjoy video games.
>>
>>334968552
so you can't name any games? gotcha
>>
In the history of \v\, was there a game that went under development and released without so much shitposting?

Everytime, everything that start developing, release some trailers and some information on the game, every one must shitpost like crazy in order to accomplish something.
You people died from the inside a long time ago
>>
You know, I still think this game looks cool, especially exploring undersea on alien planets, a niche I have always wanted and never had fulfilled
>>
>>334968930

(you) farming should be against the rules.
>>
If this game had multiplayer, most of you shitters would be hyping it up. Fuck your multiplayer PvP bullshit.
>>
File: 1460843553617.jpg (103 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1460843553617.jpg
103 KB, 768x576
Even shill threads for this game are procedual.

Billions of them! Each using the same deterministic algorithm.
>>
>>334969247

This.

I love how a vast majority of /v/ moans about multiplayer games like CoD and MOBAS and Destiny and their ilk. Then when a game wants to be big yet isolated they cry about not being connected to everyone. Boo hoo wheres the mulitplayer EVERY FUCKING THREAD.
>>
>>334969247

Making the boards goal to gather up in this expanse of space would make a far more entertain goal than reaching the center.
>>
>>334969439
/v/ loves cod now
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.