[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new YIIK: A Postmodern RPG trailer https://www.youtube.com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: AckkYIIKPosterPaxEast2015_r2.png (1 MB, 1361x915) Image search: [Google]
AckkYIIKPosterPaxEast2015_r2.png
1 MB, 1361x915
new YIIK: A Postmodern RPG trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpFXydY1K8k
>>
File: 1318300731806.jpg (14 KB, 419x416) Image search: [Google]
1318300731806.jpg
14 KB, 419x416
>>334960186
>YIIK
>"2000"
>it's actually about the 2010s
>starring Hogarth from Iron Giant
>and the Lumberjack from that Tim Schaefer game
>>
>>334960856
its killer7 meets earthbound!
>>
The next Undertale
>>
File: 1403305237223.png (1 MB, 857x887) Image search: [Google]
1403305237223.png
1 MB, 857x887
>main character is some shitty lumbersexual
>>
When will the beard meme die? Can hipsters please go back to being clean-shaven?
>>
>that fps
>that music
>those battle environments
>those voices

Everything that matters is shit.
I like the 2d portraits but the 3d art style looks weird when everything else is super fucking flat.

It also feels like there's no sense of closed space in the environments. It makes it feel like the assets were just haphazardly thrown in an oversized skybox.

>it's just a trailer
but one they chose to release meaning they are satisfied with the product they are working on and feel it's worth showcasing.

It's another game trying to be "progressive" before being a game.
>>
>>334960186
What a waste.
Seriously the fucking weapons except the nigga with the sword are retarded.
>>
>>334962716
>He thinks the Niggerboo isn't retarded
The only thing missing is a naruto headband
>>
>>334960186
The mere fact that it's titled "A postmodern RPG" makes it sound pretentious as fuck
>>
>bo en on soundtrack
>>
>Diversity
>Kid from Iron Giant verbatim
>A panda why not
>ART

High expectations.
>>
>>334960186
doesn't look 100% terrible actually
i might give it a pirate if its coming to 3ds eshop
>>
>>334960186

How much is this shit gonna cost? Hopefully not more than $10.
>>
Seems pretty overwrought and self-indulgent. Not to mention that labeling itself as "postmodern" is as close to the peak of arrogance and pretense as you can get.
>>
>>334960186
Ya know if the aesthetic wasn't so shit that would actually look really good.
>>
>>334961521
I really want this terrible indie "let's make a new EarthBound!" trend to die.

And I like EarthBound.
>>
>>334960186

It's mostly cringey, but honestly some parts of the trailer looked good. I think I can stomach it if the game overall is good enough.
>>
>>334963534
Any trend that is "Lets make more of this game" is never a good idea.
its good that it happens to set an example of whats to come when you put too much of what you love into something.

This game might be bareably interesting if it wasn't literally wearing a badge on itself saying "I am literally indie hipster lolsorandom" on it, like jesus fucking christ, if it were some kind of parody or maybe a bit more tongue in cheek, but no, this games aware that its trying to be funny by just being it.
>>
Looks douchey and lame. Exactly the kind of game "gamers" flock to. Fuck that. Fuck this indie hipster trash.
>>
THE PERSONA KILLER
>>
Looks like complete shit.
>>
>>334962517
But Lumberjacks are hot.
>>
File: 1458171438232.png (98 KB, 221x441) Image search: [Google]
1458171438232.png
98 KB, 221x441
YIIK? MORE like YUUK.
>>
>>334960186
>lol guys we're going back to the ages of y2k
>vinyl
>keyboard guitar
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.