[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can one game be this perfect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Half-Life_2_cover[1].jpg (67 KB, 300x428) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover[1].jpg
67 KB, 300x428
How can one game be this perfect?
>>
>>334955402
>extremely linear
>airboat segment
It was good because it was different at the time. Now it's the root cause for all shooters being linear hallways.
>>
>>334955616
>>extremely linear
>implying this is a bad thing

>>airboat segment
Which was good.

>Now it's the root cause for all shooters being linear hallways.

That's like blaming Pachelbel for the overuse of the four-chord structure. Canon in D is still brilliant, famm.
>>
funny you mention this op

for the past several weeks, having my first experience with this game. been in my library for like 7 years and still never played it until recently

desu its good. i think its aged well despite what people say. environmentally looks amazing.

gotta say, getting p boring though and having trouble finishing it. sry op
>>
it's far from perfect, pretty boring actually
>>
Remember that part where you had to collect all the bricks from a room in order to advance?
There were just about enough of them to build primitive stairs so that you can jump up the ledge.
I love smart puzzles such as this one.
>>
HL1 is way better.
>>
File: FnyAJLG[1].jpg (366 KB, 1032x1441) Image search: [Google]
FnyAJLG[1].jpg
366 KB, 1032x1441
>biofags will defend this
>>
>>334957734
this
hl2 aged really fucking badly, especially the episodes are on par with call of duty campaigns as far as gameplay/story ratio goes
>>
>>334958175
>aged

Opinion discarded.
>>
File: 1357241042029.gif (2 MB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
1357241042029.gif
2 MB, 250x220
>>334956680
>he likes pachbel
>>
>>334958338
Found the cellist.
>>
The gravity gun is woefully underused after ravenholm, there's just not enough debree. Especially in places where it makes sense like the anticitizen one chapter or whole of nova prospect.

Great scenery and art direction though. Being slavshit myself a lot of the environments reminded me of home.
>>
>>334957998
This is autistic
>>
HL1 is perfect, HL2 is is 8/10
>>
>>334958745
And correct.
>>
>>334957998
why even compare the 2? bioshock is babbys first cinematic FPS
>>
I actually found it boring. It's too lonely feeling of a game. I'll give that it has some cool gimmick levels like the bug thing nectar in the sand, but I found the game lacking ambiance.
>>
I liked Doom 3 more than Half-Life 2. True Story.
>>
>>334959416
Same.
>>
I played HL1 and 2 for the first time a year or two ago and played them both again recently, and I gotta say that both of them are really fun games. The games are linear, yes, but it still feels like a big open world. The gameplay is simple, but you still have all the tools you need to get shit done. The puzzles are a little aged but they're still innovative. Its not a particularly difficult game but that isnt necessarily a bad thing. And the story is pretty intriguing. The reason im most disappointed about no HL3 is because we'll never get any closure on the narrative. I enjoy playing these games quite a bit, and they will always be some of my favorites.
>>
>>334955402

Come out at the right time with the right tech.
>>
File: 270[1].jpg (15 KB, 270x268) Image search: [Google]
270[1].jpg
15 KB, 270x268
>Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>334959416
i like FEAR more than half life 2
>>
>>334955402
It really is perfectly mediocre, I'll give it that.
>>
Both are really good. HL2 aged better, I think the face tech that Valve put in is a big part of that. Hell NPCs in HL2 look and are animated better than ones in the latest Bethesda games.

Also, the Xen part of HL1 was good.
>>
>>334960429
We will never know.
>>
>>334962478
D-Don't say that.
>>
>>334955616
>open-world memer

Fuck off 15 year old
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.