[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if we took Doom but replaced the sci-fi run & gun model
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Doom-1-.gif (51 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Doom-1-.gif
51 KB, 320x240
What if we took Doom but replaced the sci-fi run & gun model with a fantasy hack & slash model?
>>
We'd get Hexen? GMOTA?
>>
>>334955243
Wasn't that what quake was going to be?
>>
>>334955243
Just go play Hexen.
>>
heretic and hexen
>>
OP is underage
>>
>>334955243

>Never heard of Heretic/Hexen

This is gonna be an embarrassing thread for you
>>
>>334955595
>>334955715
Heretic isn't hack and slash. Hexen is, though. Well, except for mage and all those other ranged weapons.
>>
>>334955632
>>334955715
I'll have you know I rented Hexen back in the day on N64 but I forgot about it cause I only ever played as the wizard guy
>>
>>334955828
hack and slash has got to be one of the most broad genres ever. i thought, diablo was a hack and slash. then i hear devil may cry being referred to as one. now this..

if you want melee doom, then yeah, hexen, or doom wads like aforementioned GMOTA or, more in the style of dmc: Demonsteele
>>
>>334956649
I just meant in the literal sense, pretty much, I mean the only melee weapons in Heretic are the staff and gauntlets and those are reskinned fist and chainsaw, respectively.

Though, unlike in Doom, you can power up gauntlets to suck your enemies' life. That's pretty cool, but it's still less of a "hack and slash" and more of "hold attack, watch things die (unless Maulotaurs are around).
>>
File: 1460875231320.png (137 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
1460875231320.png
137 KB, 466x492
>>
>>334955632
does it matter
>>
>>334958381

read the rules
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.