[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So am i the only one who's disappointed? They said it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: darksouls3.jpg (88 KB, 332x330) Image search: [Google]
darksouls3.jpg
88 KB, 332x330
So am i the only one who's disappointed?
They said it's supposed to be harder.
Alright, it may be harder, but the only reason why that is, is because everyone is just way faster, yes i realise that our stamina depletes way slower but i dislike that.
In dark souls 1, you had to time your roll perfectly and in the opposite direction from where the enemy attacks from, which made every roll crucial.
In dark souls 3, you press roll 2 times and you dodge 90% of enemy attacks(in some cases you need to roll 3 times). Then there are mobs that attack multiple times, you just spam roll after roll without a brake.
Now the bosses, at first i thought that they were pretty cool, i was having a hard time against vordt, but after like 10 deaths, i started rolling into him. bam he's dead. after a while, i realised it's the same with every boss. Most of their attacks don't even hit near them so i don't even need to roll that often desu.
Then there's the upgrade system.
While i do agree that twinking is bad, but it was a part of the game that made it feel really awesome. At first you were a complete stranger to the series and you would kill the bosses in a shit ton of tries, then you find out there's a weapon that staggers bosses in 2 hits or a weapon that seems totally unbalanced yet you get it a few minutes in. And the way titanite shards are placed around so conveniently is.... stupid, i can't have more than +6 before fighting the abyss watchers.
Also the way everything was unlocked since the start, made me choose my path instead of just going straight, i could kill queelag before gargoyles and basically 3 shot gargoyles, but here the only choice which you can really make is killing dancer before vordt(which lets face it, is nearly impossible) and the second and third lord order....
Maybe i'm just bored of the dark souls formula, or maybe this game was too far from souls.
What do you think about the game?
>>
>>334954421
I just read the first two sentences but I too was disappointed. Fucking references everywhere and no originality in the world, bosses or mechanics. Copypasted Yuria is the worst.
>>
Dark Souls 1 still has the best combat in the series. Followed by Bloodborne, then DaS3, then DeS.
>>
>>334955682
PvE? Maybe... But DS2 has the best PVP. I prefer Bloodborne though.
>>
>>334956074
PvP is not a real thing. It's not what the games are for. It's irrelevant.
>>
>>334955682
>Dark Souls 1 still has the best combat in the series.
DaS combat is a slog and the enemy AI retarded.
>>
>>334955682
>preferring the clunkfest of DaS over BB and Das3...

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug
>>
I'm actually incredibly surprised at how they've finally managed to make a souls game that doesn't drop off at some point

The bosses all have a unique feeling seperating them, they all have multiple phases and the OST really captures the mood for each one of them, I especially like how each ost transitions with the bosses.

The areas are large and sprawling with tons of shortcuts, it genuinely felt refreshing to play a game after bloodborne where going out of my way to pick something up usually meant it was going to be interesting

I like the npc's and their branching storylines and more direct contribution to the games events, siegwards interaction with yhorm, the firekeepers eyes, ludleth being of the lords of cinder you interact with the whole game, not to mention the quality of writing has improved massively over DS2.

I like how the bosses start off good, get better at the middle, and then get awesome from there onwards, there are a few bosses I found less interestingly mechanically, deacons, yhorm, oceiros to name a few, but the designers made up for this by making these bosses really atmospheric and memorable, the huge organ feeling and mass like presence in the deacons around the archdeacon, the stormruler taking down the giant, the maddened dialogue in the oceiros fight along with his devolution into a mindless beast, I even actually liked how they turned the ancient wyvern fight into a boss that genuinely effectively uses the arena as a large scale fight for once.

Barring the DLC content, I honestly think it's the best soulsborne release yet.
>>
>>334956473
>preferring R1 spam over slower, thoughtful combat
>>
File: 1459544146259.png (107 KB, 221x286) Image search: [Google]
1459544146259.png
107 KB, 221x286
>So am i the only one who's disappointed?

Nope. Game is legit mediocre.

>shit balance, the worst it's ever been in a souls game
>game largely favours quick straight swords and roll spam
>bland bosses and too many gimmick fights
>generic orchestral OST, I can't even remember a single boss theme
>constant fanwank in the form of rehashed/needlessly returning NPCs, rehashed levels (particularly Demon's Souls levels, which they probably do knowing full well your average DaS3 player hasn't played DeS) and rehashed bosses
>Crap story and every single game in the series can now be summed up with "Shit's dying (again) and we need someone to light a bonfire"
>shitty enemy variety in the later portion of the game

There's other issues I have but those are the ones that spring to mind.

>>334956563
>Dark Souls series
>not built on R1 spam
>>
>>334956978
Dark Souls 1 is literally built on discouraging light attack spam.
>>
I'm very disappointed in the pvp

It's not even close to being as versatile as the pvp in DS2, and it doesn't help that half the covenants don't work
>>
>>334956473

I went and played some Dark Souls 1 when my DS3 save got fucked up.

Its so much slower than 2, BB, and 3. None of the hits have any weight, either. Its also way easier.

I still love the game, but the combat is definitely the worst of the series.
>>
It is hard, you just got gud. Go back and replay the other games, they're nothing much either.
>>
Play as a pure sorcerer if you want a challenge in this game
>>
>10 deaths to vordt

Lord in heaven save this mans soul from the pontiff if he even manages to make it that far
>>
File: sick_of_this_shit.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
sick_of_this_shit.gif
1 MB, 320x213
Really disappointed here too. It's like a mix of everything I've disliked about the previous soulsborne games.

>Shitty colour palette
>Floaty combat
>Less versatility compared to previous DaS games but more than BB

Maybe it's because I've played all the old ones except for DeS but I'm just going through the motions desu. Not a single encounter felt exciting (excluding bosses). The bosses have been gud though at least for now.

The only reason I'm playing this is for the sake of playing a new souls game desu and its pretty sad.
>>
Dark souls 3 is shit and I'm glad I pirated it
>>
>>334957961

play 1, it a fucking cakewalk.
>>
>>334957131
>the game that has poise is built on discouraging spam

Nigga are you retarded?

And even if you aint got poise, the game just devolves into hitting everything in the back since no enemy has tracking
>>
The game was a huge disappointment, I was expecting better than Dark Souls 2, this shit is even worse
>>
>>334958008
OP beat pontiff in like 5 tries (again, realised it's better to roll into him).

Oh and i forgot to mention
I WENT DUAL SWORDS.
>>
Is bretty gud
>>
>>334958274
NO ENEMY HAS TRACKING
AHAHHAHA did you just really say that?
ds1 no tracking
ds2 shit ton of tracking
ds3 medium amount of tracking.
enemies in ds3 vary, some have really good tracking(like those little bastards who drop down from ceiling) to really shitty tracking(like the dudes 2handing a giant machete with a wooden shield on their back)
>>
>>334958409
>this shit is even worse
let's not get ahead of ourselves
>>
Can you beat dancer with the deep axe?
>>
I'm more disappointed how shitty the covenants are. In DaS2 they felt at least somewhat thought out, this time they seem like a complete after-thought.

There is literally no excuse for the Darkmoon Blades to fucking Blue Sentinels fucking 2.0

Eat shit Miyazaki you fucking incompetent fuck.
>>
>>334954421
Holy fucking shit you're annoying.

I even agree with about half of your points, but your attitude fucking disgusts me.

Why don't you head on over to reddit, queer.
>>
>>334958828

I have a much bigger incentive of starting a new character in Dark Souls 2 than 3, Dark Souls 3 has the same variety of bloodborne, it's horrible.
>>
>>334956563
>slower, thoughtful
>parry or circlestrafe backstab
>thoughtful
>>
>>334959041
>roll roll roll roll rol
>game even gives you a ring for more i-frames in your roll

gr8 combat
>>
File: 1460937923247.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460937923247.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>334959041

I AGREE, WE SHOULD ALL PLAY THE NEW MASTERPIECE OF THE BLOODBORNE TEAM

LOOK AT THIS AMAZING COMBAT, SO ENGAGING
>>
>>334958737
Reread my post dumbass
>>
File: 1460927069048.webm (3 MB, 834x469) Image search: [Google]
1460927069048.webm
3 MB, 834x469
>>334959041

>roll R1 the game
>better than previous souls
>>
>>334959184
How is that different from DaS1 you tard?

>>334959216
>>
>>334959216
>dude flails like a retard
>cant roll because he is stunlocked by 2 players
>omg hahahaha wow so shit :v)
>>
>>334959347
>>
>Most linear Souls game yet.
>PvP is an absolute fucking mess
>Covenants are pretty much worthless
>Banning people from online play due to server issues
>Banning people from online play simply for using the separation crystal 30 times total
>Bland, uninteresting areas
>Boring bosses
Didn't believe it could happen, but this is looking even worse than 2.
>>
>In dark souls 1, you had to time your roll perfectly and in the opposite direction from where the enemy attacks from, which made every roll crucial.

That's complete bullshit. the I frames work exactly the same as they do now. I'm guessing you're just really bad
>>
>>334959184
Is this bait? Did you even play ninja flip souls?
>>
>>334959359
>>334959436
>>334959453

Because my retarded fanboy friend

Dark Souls 1 has a little thing called poise

Dark Souls one has a little thing called fast, mid and heavy roll

Not no fucking poise at all and 2 rolls, fast with a shitton of iframes that consumes no stamina and heavy which still has a shitton of iframes because muh bloodborne combat
>>
>>334959490
yea i was really hyped for ds2, turned out to be meh, then the dlcs came and they seemed okay.
I was not hyped for ds3 at all for some reason, i watched a few streams before i got the game and it looked rehashed so much i didn't really wanna play this game called darkborne.
>>
I was disappointed by how spammy the combat is. It wouldn't be a problem if the game paced the enemy encounters well but it doesn't. There are so many trash mobs you have to go through in the beginning of the game and all the encounters blend together and make the game a chore to play. Then it eases up in the middle and gets much more enjoyable as a result. But then Lothric Castle and especially Grand Archives are a fucking mess that I could not bother with at all, ended up just rushing past everything after a couple of deaths. It's a shame too because a lot of the game is excellent. The bosses are all very enjoyable, the level layout is good and satisfying to explore, the visuals are amazing, the mechanics are solid and the atmosphere's definitely there although it doesn't feel like Dark Souls.
>>
>>334954421
>They said it's supposed to be harder.
Who said that?
>>
They took out every bad thing from 2 EXCEPT the shitty floods of enemies. Not one area of the whole game was designed well in terms of enemy placement. There's always some fucking ambush or copypasted faggots at every corner.
>>
>>334954421
>In dark souls 1, you had to time your roll perfectly and in the opposite direction from where the enemy attacks from, which made every roll crucial.

I think you are mistaking Dark Souls for Monster Hunter.
>>
>>334959521
you for real? there's nearly 2 times more iframes in this game. there have been many cases where i shouldn't have dodged an attack but due to the silly amount of iframes i did.
>>
>>334959606
>poise makes the combat more thoughtful than hyperarmor
>>
>in dark souls 1 you had to roll perfectly in the opposite direction
This is only true for certain enemies and nothing unique to Dark Souls 1. It's the same in 2, 3, and Bloodborne. You can most definitely roll whichever way you want on most enemies, even into the attacks themselves.

So far I'm loving the game but I'm a little disappointed so many assets of Bloodborne were used. It still has the Dark Souls lore feel to it as well as overall level design but a lot of the enemies and places feel more Bloodborne like than Souls.
>>
>>334959773

Obviously
>>
>>334959724
the developers said they wanted to make the game harder but fair.
>>
>>334959726
>They took out every bad thing from 2 EXCEPT the shitty floods of enemies.
I think you forgot why the floods of enemies in 2 were bad in the first place.
>>
>>334959773
Staggering havel the rock with a single longsword r1 is retarded yes poise and the fat med fast flip roll system was cool and equip load mattered a ton
>>
>>334959805
yea i know that that is not the case for every boss, but try rolling into the same direction that smough's hammer is hitting you.
>>
>>334959906
Ok, when?
>>
>>334959720

Dark souls 2 was criticized for having encounters with 2 mobs placed everywhere, this game takes that to 11

Dark Souls 2 was criticized for the Aerie peak knights having infinite stamina, EVERY enemy is like that here

Dark souls 3 has every enemy with a big gap closer, the fucking silver knights with spears got a gap closer from across the screen tracking, it's so fucking stupid the design in this game, the enemies are so relentless that it's better to ATTACK to avoid damage because they can't attack you while they're stunlocked by your R1 flurry
>>
>>334960051
fucking hell dude i don't know go find the youtube commentaries, i think it was oroboro who i've heard it from.
>>
>>334960167
I'm only saying that because I heard the exact opposite everywhere, and you are resting your argument upon that statement.
>>
>>334960038
>equip load mattered a ton
>when DaS1 endurance existed
>when DaS1 havel ring existed
>when DaS1 FAP ring existed

>Staggering havel the rock with a single longsword r1 is retarded
>Waaaaaah I can't mindlessly spam my great club anymore cuz no poise, I have to use my brain to get the hyperarmor frames waaaaah
>>
AMD Phenom x4 9850
Nvidia GTX 460

can I run this or should I even bother?
>>
>>334960068
>the enemies are so relentless that it's better to ATTACK to avoid damage because they can't attack you while they're stunlocked by your R1 flurry

Word. This right here is the biggest problem that somehow managed to make group combat more tedious than it was in 2. I don't even remember most attacks of the enemies because I rarely got to see them thanks to the endless R1 spam.
>>
>>334959606
Poise might have worked in the DaS3 model but it was retarded in DaS1 where Endurance was such a loaded stat and Havels/RoFaP existed. And that's what made combat such a fishing festival. There was no point to flat out attack your opponent if you couldn't poise break them because you would just fuck yourself over.
>>
>>334960309
this
/thread
>>
>>334960068
>Dark souls 2 was criticized for having encounters with 2 mobs placed everywhere, this game takes that to 11
No, it was critized for having floods of enemies with infinite poise and health in a game where you character is the slowest in the Souls serie.
>>
>>334960278
so you're saying that the developers wanted to make the game easier?
i find it hard to believe.
And i'm sure that i heard it on a youtube video by some dude who played the... test.... network test or something, you know the 1 hour "demo" which youtubers could upload.
>>
>>334960342
i ran it on 730m
some i3 processor and 6gb of ram.
lowest setting and 1k x 700 resolution tho.
>>
>>334955401
>that hamfisted Anor Londo "segment"

For what purpose?
>>
>>334956978
I feel like From has just made too many similar games in too short of a time frame and it's starting to show.
>>
>>334960468
I'm saying they wanted to make it more "accessible" which is the reason everyone complained bloodborne was casualized as hell in the first place.
In all interviews Miyazaki gave about the series before he always said the phrase "difficulty was never the point"
>>
>>334960434
The enemies were just as slow. In 3 they are so fast and aggressive that your character still feels gimped. Those guys at Irithyll do like 5 consecutive hits very quickly for example. And this is an enemy type that the developers expect you to fight multiples of. Worse yet it's not well designed for 1v1 fights either because R1 spam is the best choice of defense as usual.
>>
>>334960434

The enemies were also slow, Dark Souls 3 has enemies with poise too that are relentless, the difference is you have no poise.
>>
>>334959606
There's actually 3 stages to the das3 roll. Really fast roll, fast roll, and fat roll.
>>
>>334958274
You mean you can actual move around and control areas since every attack isn't a homing sweep that you just dodge into and wait to punish? Oh no!

And yeah, the game with poise, where enemies have poise too and tanky builds are just one playstyle.
>>
>>334961418

Nope, the length of roll varies very little from 0% and 69% but the animation and Iframes are the same
>>
>>334958887
You can beat anything with anything.
>>
>>334961627
Really? It feels faster and I go longer if I go naked as opposed to wearing a set at or below 69%
>>
>>334961632

You can't beat her with magic that's for sure, unless you get 10 ashen estus which is suicide
>>
>>334960613
>hamfisted
You don't know what this word means.
>>
>>334961714

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhhB1dRPbwk
>>
>I improved my skills in souls and want to show it to everyone by shitposting this meme about ds3
kill yourself
>>
>>334960309
>Dark Souls 1 Great Club
>wear no armor and have to dodge and carefully find your window because you can't hyper armor through any attacks
>wear armor and can't dodge for shit so you have to avoid attacks and manage health carefully if you choose to tank

>Dark Souls 3
>not matter have hyper armor so you an always tank hits
>>
>>334954421
>started rolling into him. bam he's dead. after a while, i realised it's the same with every boss.
So exactly like DaS 1?
Except the bosses have more moves and are more agressive, so you're wrong.
>>
>>334961761

Not him but you don't think it was hamfisted?

What did Anor londo add to the game? Couldn't Aldrich be in any other place other than Anor Londo? They brought Gwyndolin to him in Gwynevere's Room couldn't they have brought him to the cathedral of the deep?

It's just an excuse to reuse the enviorments from DaS 1
>>
>>334954421
>Also the way everything was unlocked since the start
Yeah I sure enjoyed traveling to Anor Londo an lord areas right off the bat.
>>
>>334960682
then bandai namco happened. I think enemies in this game are too aggressive and have way to much health. It's not fair that zombie in lothric castle can 2 shot me with a rusty dagger after I just took on all those lords of cinder and dumped 25 points into vigor
>>
>>334961839
This entire time the placebo effect had its grip on me.
>>
>>334961910
Poise increases hyperarmor in DaS3 so you always want some kind of armor.
>>
>>334961983
Because he ate Gwyndolin and took over? Would make less sense if he was elsewhere. What's exactly wrong with using previous areas in a sequel?
>>
>>334954421
Coming from Bloodborne, I thought the speed was just right. There were even enemies faster than Bloodborne's but it's mitigated by the fact that you can hold a shield up incase you fuck up.
>>
>>334961983
I really don't see why people have a problem with this. It's a sequel, what's the problem of the devs taking advantage of it? Andre felt like pointless fanservice but revisiting Anor Londo was nice because it showed how fucked the place got after you visit it in DS1. It reinforces the game's bleak tone. Lost Izalith was great too because seeing piles of demons, which were a big threat in DS1, really gives you a sense of how things changed and almost makes you feel bad for them.
>>
>>334961839
Did you watch the video? He confirms what I just said.
>>
>>334961761
Except I do. Irithyll was basically like a snowy Christmas Yharnam. Suddenly, one buttress magically leads into... silver knight archers and the rotating platform of Anor Londo.

Oh, surprise, it's a zone called "Anor Londo" and it's just the iconic LE HARDEST BOSS MEME cathedral and Gwyn's Tomb. Neato.
>>
File: 20160421002141_1.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160421002141_1.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>334955401
they cant just reinnovate old game, bloodborne on the other hand was grate.
>>
>>334962265

I literally said it in the first post because I was expecting that kind of answer, they BROUGHT Gwyndolin to him, it's said in some description or something by Pontiff Sullyhvan.

Now let me ask you a question, what is easier, a sludge monster moving to a place which has NO DIRECT CONNECTION OTHER THAN A ROTATING BRIDGE or a twink fuckboi?
>>
>>334961910
lmao

In DS1 you can wear the heaviest armor in the game and still be fastrolling while being unable to be staggered.
>>
>>334962298

No he doesn't, there is 1 roll.
>>
>>334962546
>2:32

My post:
>It feels faster and I go longer if I go naked
>>
>>334960068
>silver knights with spears
They are bad but not as bad as the Silver Knights with swords. Their fucking lighting sword attack is bullshit and I've seen one do it 3 times in a row
>>
File: Xbawks2.png (87 KB, 430x241) Image search: [Google]
Xbawks2.png
87 KB, 430x241
>>334956331
Being an asshole is crucial to the series. It adds a bit of hilarity when you get wrecked by some hideously naked guy wielding two greats swords, The Wall, or even just someone putting a note at the edge of a cliff saying "try jumping"
>>
Genuine question.
I used to play demons souls and I enjoyed it. What annoyed me though was that you had no idea what the game mechanics were. Upgrades etc. Anyway.
Dark souls 1 had shorty combat in my opinion mostly because of inaccurate contacts. Meaning a boss could swing his sword you could be nowhere near it and you'd take damage. And also in both demons and dark souls I never actually got that there was a story.
Is ds3 different?
I loved how challenging combat was but it really pissed me off that even when you actually dodge sometimes you'd get hit. Is that fixed?
>>
>>334962332
>magically leads into
If you didn't realize Irythyll IS just a part of Anor Londo and you just climb to the the room you're literally a dumbass. You encounter Silver Knights before even climbing there.
>>
>>334962783
>It feels faster

He literally doesn't say that

And I already mentioned that there is a minimal difference in distance, actually you know what let me just fucking copypaste

>Nope, the length of roll varies very little from 0% and 69% but the animation and Iframes are the same
>>
>>334962886
Yeah, that bit's great, but that's not what people mean when they say "better PvP".
>>
>>334962970
So i was wrong with one aspect. The fact that you do roll a longer distance doesn't matter how minimal it is. It's still different from the typical roll you get past 30%.
>>
so, we can all agree that the soul of cinder is the chosen undead from DS1 right?

>able to use miracles
>able to use pyromancy
>able to use many types of weapons
>ninja roll
>heals himself
>his sword is literally a bonfire

I like how his OST is gwyn's song remixed
>>
>>334962447
It just says 'old god', not Gwyndolin. Could be anyone else.
>>
>>334962916
Hitboxes are better in the game.

The story is there but you have to actively take it upon yourself to learn it. There are no cutscenes that explain anything or characters that dump exposition on you. Almost everything is conveyed through environment/item descriptions.

And mechanics are explained better in this game than its predecessors. Upgrade system was streamlined to be idiot-proof.
>>
File: 1428054320308.png (731 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1428054320308.png
731 KB, 499x499
>>334954421
>against vordt, but after like 10 deaths
>>
>>334963104

Except the roll is the exact same, it's a fast roll and an heavy roll, nothing as changed from my first post
>>
File: fuckingdisgusting.jpg (59 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
fuckingdisgusting.jpg
59 KB, 312x312
>>334954421

Yeah, the gotta go fast is one of the worst things of the game + muh this is not my true form = speed boost shit
>>
>>334963617
>roll length changes

Just stop.
>>
>>334963260
What do you mean by I have to actively learn it?
Like go online and read the wiki?
>>
>>334954421
>Maybe i'm just bored of the dark souls formula
maybe
>>
>>334963225
read it's soul.
>>
>>334962929
Except the layout and everything doesn't fucking make sense, geographically. If anything, Irithyll is the lowest point when Anor Londo was the highest, second only to Duke's Archives. It would've made more sense to put Anor Londo in High Wall or make the High Wall/Lothric proper literally Anor Londo.

>>334962447
The game also says that Aldrich recently left the Cathedral of the Deep.
>>
>>334963709

It's a fast roll, and heavy roll, if you cannot argue the points I made in my post where in the same post I mentioned the minimal difference in length on the SAME roll, then maybe you should just stop.
>>
>>334963801
No, read item descriptions as those are the primary way From explains the story/characters/etc..
>>
>>334963952
Except they're not the fucking same if one travels farther than the other retard.
>>
>>334963932

>Now let me ask you a question, what is easier to move, a sludge monster moving to a place which has NO DIRECT CONNECTION OTHER THAN A ROTATING BRIDGE or a twink fuckboi?
>>
>>334962265
because it's fucking lazy. there isn't even anything to do in anor londo. they brought it over for a short segment that has no exploration and is like 10 minutes long. no new enemies, no new areas. just reused assets.
>>
>>334964040

But they're the fucking same
>>
>>334964040

>Nope, the length of roll varies very little from 0% and 69% but the animation and Iframes are the same

I'll just start copypasting from now on until you can prove the roll is different
>>
>>334964243
>>334964362

lmao no they're not. They may have the same base speed but one FUCKING TRAVELS A FURTHER FUCKING DISTANCE.

Meaning, and let me fucking do this so you can understand

70+% = fat roll
30%-68% = fast roll
0% 0 29% = fast roll +
>>
>>334964158
Irythill is a new city that sprung around Anor Londo because millenia have passed, that's the new layout instead of what was in the first game.
>>
>>334964426

So both are fast rolls, glad we've cleared that up
>>
Is the buckler still the best parrying sheild in DaS3?
>>
>>334963932
Millenia have passed dumbshit. Why you think it would be the same when Lost Izalith also changed?
>>
>>334964521
llewellyn shield is the new meme
>>
>>334963932
>The game also says that Aldrich recently left the Cathedral of the Deep.
He left Cathdral of the Deep to go to Anor Londo, nothing in the game indicates Gwyndolin was brought to him to the Cathedral.
>>
>>334958008
Pontiff isn't even that bad, he doesn't seem to hit very often if you're close to him
>>
>>334964502
Both are fast rolls but one has more distance covered, making it another type of roll no matter how FUCKING fast he does it. Jesus christ man you're a dumb motherfucker.
>>
I know it's not the right thread for this question, but what level should i be by the dragon barracks?
>>
>>334964881

So there's no very fast roll, it's just fast rolls as I've said.

See? We're in agreement.
>>
File: 1461185734106.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1461185734106.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>334964579
>llewellyn
may be all small shield are the same, but whith thiefs its just easy to parry (exept super fast poke)

how to parry in pvp agains fucking r1 spam poking.????
>>
>>334964958
>they're the same
>actually there's a slight difference
>so same?
>no
>SAAAAAME
>>
>>334965019
r1 spam is the only thing I find myself able to parry

I can't get the timing right on greatswords and the like
>>
>>334964958
No man, the entire thing was that I noticed that there was a difference from wearing a set at or below 69% and just going naked. It was enough of a difference that I was able to notice it without even looking at meta gameplay videos.
>>
>>334965124

There is no very fast roll, which is exactly what I've argued since the beginning

>>334965201

Yes and it's still a fast roll, the animation is the same, the speed is the same, absolutely nothing changes, the idiot here tried arguing that there is an extra roll which doesn't exist
>>
>>334965361
>absolutely nothing changes
You can fucking see it in the video posted earlier.
He does like 3 or rolls in a row on 2 characters side by side, and the lower EL one ends up having travelled further from the rolls.
>>
>5th game
>Still can't invade with your friends
>>
>>334965165
i use caestus for it. is it that bad?
i just cant brake stanlock from r1 spam, only roll out of it (invaders with pikeaxe and huge ass machete were parried to death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evTGwrJ7qh4
>>
>>334965361
But there is an extra roll if one isnt like the fucking others. There's 3 types:

Fat roll
fast roll
fast roll that goes further

There are 3 different types because of the fact that each one has a difference from the last. just because the fast roll+ has just length doesn't make any less of an option.

I admit that I worded it poorly by calling it faster fast roll, but my point still stands that there's more than the 2 rolls you're claiming.
>>
Everyone complaining about overly aggressive enemies is just someone unable to understand this is actually the first game in this series where rolling attacks are worth using.
Fucking everything, learn to use the tools at your disposals for once that the AI is actually threatening. I could duel Lothric knights all day and still have fun.
>>
>>334956074
>developer incompetence leading to hilarity = best PvP

No wonder DaS2 is at the top of that list
>>
>lose to pontiff over 2 dozen times
>buy parrying dagger from Patches
>drop pontiff in a few more tries with 2 ripostes
feels gud man
>>
>>334965610
I know I can't see a very fast roll, that's all I know.

Let me copy paste again since you keep insisting

>>334965692

Nope, there is fast roll and heavy roll, the distance might no even have anything to do with the roll but it's progressive based on the %, so by your logic there is tens of rolls.

There is 2 rolls and that's it.
>>
>>334965925
Nope. By your logic you're basically saying that if the roll has the same animation across all equip loads, then they're the same roll, no matter the difference.

And that's also technically correct, but I'd much rather group it all together to say that the roll below 30% scales to your equip load, giving you the longer distance as long as you're under 30%.

It's mechanically different from the other 2.
>>
>>334965907
dagger has more frames? different animation? other stuff?
explain pls
>>
>>334966146
And so you don't get confused, when I said technically correct I was referring to this part in your post:

> by your logic there is tens of rolls.
>>
>>334966212
Beats me nigger, but I was able to parry Pontiff and his bitch ass relatively easily.
>>
>>334956978
This. This right here.
>>
>>334956978
lmao someone didn't play Dark Souls 1.00
>>
I agree I won't be playing it a second time.

I just beat the game and it only took 20 hours.

It was alright but I was never really enjoying it like DS or BB, I just finished it so that I could finish the game.

Bosses are fun, environments nice but I just got a bit bored. Also some enemies felt harder than bosses, being one shotted by a normal enemy shouldn't happen.
>>
File: 1437764942249.jpg (72 KB, 599x667) Image search: [Google]
1437764942249.jpg
72 KB, 599x667
>>334955401
>why does a sequel have elements and characters from its previous games?

Jesus tittyfucking christ, is /v/ actually this fucking retarded now?

Like what the fuck, are you gonna get mad that a Mario game has toad and bowser in it next?
>>
>>334966212
Parrying dagger tends to have more parry frames
Haven't picked it up this time round yet

>>334966529
That Captain America shield was hilarious though. TWoP bullshit not so much, but i couldn't be mad at the shield.

>Dusk Skirt
>DWGR
>TWoP
>CA shield

It was an amazing time. Shit, but amazing.

Not that guy, you just reminded me of all that bullshit we got.
>>
File: 1442798002942.png (205 KB, 357x343) Image search: [Google]
1442798002942.png
205 KB, 357x343
>>334955682
>Dark Souls 1 still has the best combat in the series

This goddamn board, man...
>>
Started with DaS, then played DaS2, then played DeS, then played SotfS, skipped BB, just finished DaS3.

I'm dissapointed. DaS really grabbed me, and loved it. Still replay it to this day. DaS 2 was initially a huge dissapointment. I played ~100 hours and called it quits. Then I played DeS and I loved it for its atmosphere, and a few of the bosses were more Zelda-like but I didn't mind it. I still preferred DaS though. Later I bought the SotfS DLC to play with a friend and it really impressed me. It fixed a lot that was wrong with DaS2, really enjoyed my time with it after that. I skipped BB because every boss looked like Manus and the setting looked cheesy and 2edgy4u and I refuse to buy a PS4.

Now to DaS3. I hate how many references there are and how much reuse there is. There weren't any "wow!" areas in the game for me. The rolling was OP as fuck and while things were connected it felt more level based. It just didn't really make an impression on me. It's not a bad game, it's just not as special as the other entries for me. I have more of a desire to play the older entries again after playing this.
>>
File: 1436411074508.jpg (12 KB, 407x407) Image search: [Google]
1436411074508.jpg
12 KB, 407x407
>>334955401
Weapon arts are infinitely more original than any new mechanic in DS2

Wolnir and Deacons were far more original than any bosses in the previous games

The Siegward and Anri storylines are Solare tier, and actually intersect with the stories of other characters in interesting ways

You're just flatout wrong, mate
>>
I was let down that they brought in the dumbed down Blood Borne combat. But the core of souls for me has always been the multiplayer aspect so I can't say I don't like the game.
>>
>>334967162
>Now to DaS3. I hate how many references there are and how much reuse there is.
Just what were you expecting from something so directly connected to DaS?
>>
File: erohon.png (761 KB, 781x811) Image search: [Google]
erohon.png
761 KB, 781x811
why do parries in this game give me such a sexual rush?
>>
>>334956978
All games had balance issues at launch. Dark Souls 1 is the worst one by far.
>constant fanwank in the form of rehashed/needlessly returning NPCs
>all sequels are fanwank now
>rehashed levels
>homages are now rehashes
>bland bosses and too many gimmick fights
3 gimmick bosses, and bosses like Nameless King, Dancer, Abyss Watchers and Princes that are some of the best in the series.
>generic orchestral OST, I can't even remember a single boss theme
You can't be serious, Dark Souls is the one with an unmemorable soundtack. This game has a shit ton of good tracks like Vordt, Deacons, Abyss Watchers that really fit the theme of the bosses.
>shitty enemy variety in the later portion of the game
Kinda, but's it's a throwback to Boletaria I feel.

I just don't get how anyone can dislike this game, it's the sequel Dark Souls deserved, not the incredibly disappointing DaS 2.
>>
File: balanced bug-free game.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
balanced bug-free game.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>334966817
Gotta love DS before they patched everything
>>
>people actually arguing this game's difficulty or its combat mechanics being shittier then DS1.

This game is the most refined and polished of all the souls games.

The only critique you can give it is that its npc character's arent as interesting and that the lore isn't as interesting (since it just talks about what we already know and isn't a new IP).
>>
>>334967717
>not rolling
wew
>>
>>334967717
Oh, I forgot the fog ring too. Sure was extra fun with all that bullshit going on.

So much broken shit

>>334967818
>rolling with TWoP
You new?
>>
fucking die in a fire if youre cooping through normal pve content
>>
>>334967818
He got TWoP'd which applied damage ticks from the Sunlight Blade. Rollbuffing was fucking cancer. There was no way to avoid dying there.
>>
>In dark souls 1, you had to time your roll perfectly
Fuck off, DS1 fastroll is the same as DS3 roll.

>Now the bosses, at first i thought that they were pretty cool, i was having a hard time against vordt, but after like 10 deaths,
If you died 10 times then the game did its job faggot.

>HURR EVERY BOSS IS ROLL PAST ITS ATTACK
Yeh this goes for fucking everything in the entire series you dumb cunt.

>While i do agree that twinking is bad, but it was a part of the game that made it feel really awesome
Twinking was never awesome, ambushing and doing tricky shit was awesome.
Anyone defending twinking is a massive retard.
>>
>>334967419
More original characters instead of clones and tropes for starters. 2s characters as a whole weren't as great but at least they weren't ripped straight from DS1
>>
>>334954421
Yeah I agree with most of what you said OP.

What I miss the most from DS1 is the slow combat. This new hyper aggressive bullshit just isn't as fun for me.
>>
fucking co-opers really, die, please.
>>
File: 1458948472770.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1458948472770.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>334966965
yep. also have some retarded pvp in forest
3 people backstab fishing with huge club
>>
my complaint is that "secret" areas do not feel secret.
while the Great Hollow wasn't that hard to find initially, it was so hard to traverse that i never bothered making it to Ash Lake.
the secret areas in this game are, "oh hey let turn left at this fork in the road, instead of running right where the area boss obviously is"
also the message system is a little too revealing, too many keywords. needs to be trimmed back down and making anyone able to drop messages at any time was annoying, there's literally messages everywhere, they kinda act as ESPs for where you're able to access. i felt similar to this on the way to Seath the Scaleless; impossible not to know where to go because the messages are literally highlighting paths and the accessible terrain.
>>
>>334962497
This
Does no one remember wearing dark wood grain ring at 49% for ninja rolls?

Also in 3 roll distances are great, in pvp I can actually catch up to host in my ragged/masters armor and kill them before they heal. I was actually having issues with dancer in my regular armor, said fuck it and went ragged set/lighter weapon and shield. Huge difference, I get hit like 2 times that fight.

My next play through is going to be glass canon magic user, prob pyromancer
>>
>>334968796
>it was so hard to traverse that i never bothered making it to Ash Lake
Casual as fuck, opinion discarded.
>>
>>334967717
Holy shit that looks like an entirely different game. I never played das 1.0, are there gameplay videos that I can look at to see what it was all about?
>>
>>334968627
I don't miss 1 pvp at all, still pvp in 3 and 2 is tied for me. But I do miss dark wood grain ring for PvE, wonder if they should bring it back but for 10% or under equip loads
>>
>>334968796
>also the message system is a little too revealing, too many keywords. needs to be trimmed back down and making anyone able to drop messages at any time was annoying, there's literally messages everywhere, they kinda act as ESPs for where you're able to access.
Why would you not do a first run offline?

As for Crystal Caves, originally there wasn't even a dev message on the first one. They patched it in.

Even bloodstains are little too much fo a give away in first runs.

I just feel a lot of the online elements can corrupt a first run unintentionally. You can't really complain about them when you have the option to remove them.
>>
>>334968627
Thing is lag stabs were the only thing that ever happened and that only happened when up against japs. If you got BS'd in DS1, you let it happen
>>
>>334969349
The problem with DS1 is the whole game revolved around backstabs.

Fishing, counter-fishing, deadangling etc.

It wasn't that fun in duel's.
>>
File: 1461187792925.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1461187792925.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>334968983
i bought ds1 for pc (lel) 1.5 years after release.
that was just shitfest in PVP

all dat uber twinks, backstabs, cheaters

oh god that was ugly, but interesting.,,
>>
>>334968961
>using the word casual
no, your opinion is discarded.

>>334969239
because i want to PVP while i'm playing the actual game?
but yeah, bloodstains also.
they're fine, not really much to complain about.
>>
File: 1460852011520.jpg (22 KB, 456x306) Image search: [Google]
1460852011520.jpg
22 KB, 456x306
>I'm so DISAPPOINTED, the game is too EASY and I am far too COOL and have way too much TASTE to enjoy this. Time to be the 50th faggot to day to post a mirror image of this shit thread
>>
>>334969497
All the broken shit we're talking about was patched long before the pc release

>>334968983
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/game-patches
You should just read some of the notes, I don't have any videos to show though.
>>
I'm just past the archives and I'm so fucking bored.

I have a +10 weapon and some decent armour (that doesn't matter), the "right" level and I'm basically done in terms of character progression. Just forcing myself through by now doing the R1 attacks and rolls I've been doing from minute one.
>>
>>334969628
>I only died to Gundyr one time, rest of the bosses were easy, just roll and get gud
>>
>>334968796
Yeah I'm sure you found the Darkmoon Covenant, Rosaria's Fingers or Archdragon Peak by just taking a left turn.
>>
>>334969940
>I don't know how to use greentext. This is my first week on Four Chan and I'm having lots of fun shitposting
>>
File: 763552131111.jpg (62 KB, 600x763) Image search: [Google]
763552131111.jpg
62 KB, 600x763
>>334968796
>>
File: 1452792901886.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1452792901886.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>334970024
>>
>>334968983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyiXsSvH0O0
Found one, kinda shitty but it shows the shield well enough.
It would scale off the AR of your right hand weapon, that damage is nothing compared to what it could do.

That's total AR, so the high AR of lightning/Chos at the time destroyerd everything... at range... with a shield.

Shit was nuts.
>>
>>334969595
Have to agree with the other anon, if you gave up making it to ash lake because you thought it was "hard to traverse" it's difficult to take any criticism you have seriously.
>>
File: moveswap glitch.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
moveswap glitch.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>334968983
It was definitely horseshit in a lot of ways but really funny. The videos are all over youtube you just have to look.
>>
>>334961983
How did Gwyndolin even get eaten by a slow moving blob shit. He can fucking teleport.
>>
>>334969782
>>334970835
>>334970835
jesus christ this looks like so much fun and so much shit at the same time. I really wish I had a ps3 at the time to have played this just to experience it.
>>
>>334954421

I hate the term "artificial difficulty" but I just can't overlook it. This game is absolutely bloated with it.

I absolutely hated how dark souls 2 was always trying to kill you with cheap as fuck tricks and ambushes of enemy waves nonstop and this game takes that and increases it to absolutely retarded levels of bad. It doesn't feel natural because the enemies are placed in such a way as if they were already expecting your arrival so they readied themselves accordingly. I mean, for what fucking reason would monsters be hanging in a blindspot all ready to drop their swords in your head?

This wouldn't be a problem if it a rare occurrence but I seriously have trouble remember a single time there wasn't a sudden enemy wave spam in a room.

This problem is aggravated by the fact the Ashen One is slow as fuck just like your average souls guy and that some enemies simply do not stop attacking, so you have to wait until they are done with their 29 hit combo streak while dodging the arrows/spells of the other 53 hiding in a safe place above shooting you down.

This gets SO old so fucking fast it's unbelievable. Irythill was the most fucking boring level I've ever played in any videogame in my life due to this. I'd even prefer another unpatched Lost Izalith to this.

This game was obviously rushed. You can really tell they were entirely focused on Bloodborne because it feels like they just ported stuff from it without scaling it down to the Ashen One, since the Hunter is way more aggressive, faster and has rally on his side, and called it a day. It feels like a disjointed mess.
>>
>The couple of autists ITTs that blame the bad aspects of DaS3's combat design on Bloodborne
Really now? Just because some enemies are sped up doesn't mean it's in any way related to Bloodborne.
-You still don't hop while locked on, instead you roll like in any DaS
-Switching 1-hand/2-hand isn't an attack that combos in and out of other attacks and movement, instead it does nothing just like other DaS games (other than the switch)
-Health mechanics don't encourage aggression as there is no regain, just like any DaS
-No added anti-heal mechanic. You can't counter someone drinking their health back up, other than throwing a charm like in every previous game.
-literally more than half of all weapons are copy/paste from previous games, for the most part retaining the same core moveset with a gimmick added on top, how would this translate to "Bloodborne type edgy combat" when Fume and Estoc are pretty much still like their old counterparts?
-shield and parrying, and backstabbing work just like previous DaS. you don't need to make a charged attack to backstabbing or anything of the sort

Stop pretending like DaS3's shitiness is related to Bloodborne in any way when it comes to combat.
Reused assets on the other hand...
>>
>>334971535
You can always buy it cheap and play unpatched.
It's an amazing thing.

Anything those patches say was nerfed, it wasn't some slight nerf.

Take the Dusk Skirt, that thing had more defences than some Heavy Armors.
>>
>>334971906
I can see it man. The patch notes make it seem like minor changes, but those webms/videos are a totally different beast.
>>
>>334971848
>You still don't hop while locked on
That's because they made the hop a weapon skill on daggers
>>
What fucking patch are people talking about. I havent gotten a patch update all week.
>>
>>334971746
Dark souls 3 had some cheap ambushes but most of them you can see them coming from a mile, not like Ds2
>>
>>334971848
>no R1 spam to regain health
>no anime tier dodges
>no high reward low risk abusable parry
>no 20 blood vials from the start
Thank fuck.
>>
>>334967301
>Weapon arts are infinitely more original than any new mechanic in DS2

And infinitely more useless. They sound good on paper but 99% of them are absolutely useless. You can probably count in one hand the number of weapons that have good arts, the rest is just useless gimmicky trash.

Compare weapon arts to the trick weapons from bloodborne. It's fucking laughable. Face it, weapon arts are just scrapped trick weapons ported over to souls without any real effort for proper implementation.

At least in dark souls 2 dual wielding was the tits and I'd rather have it instead of this wannabe-trick weapon shit.
>>
>>334972172
>being bunned
>>
>>334954421
Literally

>I suck at videogames

The blogpost
>>
Covenants in this game are dogshit.
>>
>>334972240
Trick gimmick was to inflate the number of weapons you have.

Basically Bloodborne doubles the amount of weapons it has by the trick form.

Thats not comparable to weapon arts.

Weapon arts is useful, its a niche thing to use, which is fucking obvious since it uses 'mana'.

You fucking retard.
>>
File: 1438494842299.jpg (113 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1438494842299.jpg
113 KB, 1440x810
>>334954421
>i was having a hard time against vordt
>>
enemies are more aggressive than all the souls games that's it and what most people wanted. That means they take more advantages (guard break , parry , specials moves , backstabbing protection) than previous souls enemies who would attack 3 times and be wide open for a back stab.
>>
>>334972423
>Basically Bloodborne doubles the amount of weapons it has by the trick form.

Weapons in bloodborne had much longer and more complex movesets AND you could take it to an even higher level with trick->untricked and vice versa interactions. It was superior in every single way to what weapon arts tried to accomplish. It gets even more hilarious since the arts use mana. I mean, they are already absolute garbage and yet they eat on mana.

Stop damage controlling for an obvious fuck up you idiot.
>>
>>334972240

This and from was lazy and made some weapon arts attacks from old games i.e. Ultra greatsword heavy attacks
>>
>>334954421
>try summoning for boss
>retards disconnect mid-summon, post-summon
>retards already summoned use black separation crystal because they're impatient faggots
>kick out remaining summons
>go at boss alone
>take down to one hit left
>boss pulls every bullshit move in the book to narrowly dodge last attack and wombo-combo dead
>>
>>334968983
My DaS is unpatched to this day.
The giant in Anor Londo doesn't even sell twinkling titanites.
>>
It felt a little more linear and streamlined. just a little
>>
>>334972502
In my second run about 2 hours after I beat Soul of Cinder after 2-3 tries I made a new character and lost to Vordt like 4-5 times.

a lot of Lothric Walls seems balanced around Knight, the Lothric Knights seem like they would hand a new player their ass for a good time without a 100 physical shield.
>>
>>334972710
I always hear this meme about complex movesets in Bloodborne but the fact is a lot of weapons share similar moves and that doesn't even warrant using one over the other if one has better scaling.
>weapon arts useful
>implying guard breaks, poise and some of the unique boss weapon WAs aren't useful as fuck
Try actually playing the game.
>>
>>334972710
>Trick weapons were more complex
Virtually every fucking weapon in bloodborne was either useful in tricked form OR un-tricked form not both retard.

weapon arts is a niche thing you use to beat patterns you see in your opponent, its not some fire and forget bullshit.

And no, there was nothing new or more 'complex' in bloodborne weapons then souls.
>>
Quick! Knight or Warrior for a quality build?
>>
>>334973181
Knight is best for every build except the magics.
>>
>>334972880
>farming clams for Twinkling
Oh god, the horror. They aren't difficult but they are awkward and that drop rate was abysmal.

>Power Within self harm scaled with Pyro flame level
>>
>Invade someone
>He has a phantom
>"I can handle this with a little help from the enemies."
>"Blue Phantom Summoned"
I instantly black crystal out when this happens.
>>
>>334972423
>Basically Bloodborne doubles the amount of weapons it has by the trick form

You realize that BB had very, very few weapons because they needed to waste resources animating all that, right? All transforming did was switch your weapon from being a shortsword to a spear, or similar. You can resolve that problem by having two weapons you don't need to give ridiculous transforming animations to.

Those animations didn't double anything. They cut variety in half.
>>
>>334972208
>but most of them you can see them coming from a mile

Nope, not at all. There were a lot of situations where you couldn't really tell. Regardless of this, since it's not really relevant and doesn't alleviate the problem in the slightest, the issue I'm pointing here is that this is basically 80% of the game. Every single time I entered a room I was already expecting the sudden mob rush from the skies and I was hardly ever disappointed.

The other games sans dark souls 2 had much more interesting and unique encounters because you usually saw some monster from a distance and you always wondered what would happen. It was always some mini-surprise and the bullshit was kept to a minimum.

Dark Souls 3 just feels like I'm going through some shitty chalice dungeon wannabe.

Don't even get me started on how the vast majority of chests are mimicks because DUDE HARDEST GAME EVER LMAO. In the other games they were seldom occurrences and it worked much better because the player got used to opening normal chests, which made that one single time it turned out to be a mimic much more engaging and really surprising. It caught you out of guard.

I see this game the exact same way as I see Silent Hill and modern horror games. In the former, the game would play tricks with your mind and let it go wild, you'd start fearing your own thoughts and imagination where there wasn't even anything directly threatening you per se. Now in modern horror games it's a nonstop wave of jumpscares trying to farm cheap instant reactions from the player. Dark Souls 3 is exactly like that, it just feels like a rollercoaster where there is a guy dressed as a ghost jumping at your face screaming BOO, except he simply doesn't stop doing so throughout the whole ride so you just end up staring at him awkwardly past the initial points and it drags the whole experience down.

They simply didn't have the expertise to make encounters actually engaging and their laziness shows.
>>
>>334972060
I would know, I started with thief. but that's such a small part of the game, not an integral one. Barely anyone uses daggers in PvE, much less PvP. I have yet to face anyone who dual wielded a weapon with that art.
That's like saying you can dodge in circles because Farron Greatsword has that ability (and is used much more often than all weapons with quickstep combined)

>>334972223
Autists indeed. What is it... the 8th time you copy/paste that?

>>334972423
>Basically Bloodborne doubles the amount of weapons it has by the trick form.
>Thats not comparable to weapon arts
Sounds like you agree with him and are angry for no reason.
He said trick weapons are much more fundamental to the choir gameplay and add actually useful combos and meaningful depth to each weapon. You admit that.

He said weapon arts are gimmicky and you admit they are situational, thus not being a fundamental addition to every encounter you have in the game, just something you might use once in a blue moon or completely ignore, like many people do. heck I beat the game with 100% estus flasks, no need for mana recovery.

The most useful arts are the stances (to guard break), just like he said, only a handful are useful
>>
>Put down grape sign
>Host attacks me on site

Its not a duel sign you retards.
>>
>>334973279
Just like Warrior in ds1 and Knight in ds2 huh?
>>
>>334954421
>So am i the only one who's disappointed?
Yes,you are autist.
>>
>>334973070
>a lot of weapons share similar moves

They absolutely don't.

>Try actually playing the game.

Says the guy who hasn't played Bloodborne and doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Unlike you, I didn't just parachute into this series with PTDE and Namco marketing. I've played them all.
>>
>>334973395
Don't try to be someone else and samefag faggot.

No one posts 'but you really agreed with another poster here'.

Situational abilities are important and by no mean's are irrelevant because of that.

Because those 'situational' abilities will decide fights if you land it.

Fuck off.
>>
>>334973395
>Autists indeed. What is it... the 8th time you copy/paste that?
I sure love those hot arguments. Bloodborne's combat is still garbage.
>>
>>334973123

>Threaded Cane
>Saw Spear
>Logarius' Wheel
>Kos Parasite
>Whirligig Saw
>Rifle Spear
>Stake Driver
>Beast Claws
>Amygdalan Arm
>Beasthunter Saif

>not useful in both forms

Come the fuck on. The only weapons with arguably superior untricked/tricked forms are the Chikage, Bloodletter, Hunter's Axe, Tonitrus, and the Boom Hammer.
>>
>>334973123
t. pcuck
>>
>>334973345
Enjoy your softban.

>A team
>>
>>334973708
>beast claws
>useful

Fuck off.
>>
>>334961910
>dark souls one
>wear the dark wood grain ring and do whatever you want

Did you even play the first one?
>>
>>334973395
>heck I beat the game with 100% estus flasks, no need for mana recovery.

Same here. The only art that I used that had me say "oh, cool" before I dumped the weapon to the box was Lothric's sword, the one that shoots the light beam.

Weapon arts wouldn't have been so utterly useless if they didn't have this long and obvious as fuck preparation to them. Anyone can see them coming a mile away and they don't even deal more damage, so you're essentially opening yourself to a huge combo streak to your face with a needlesslyy exagerated R2 that locks you down in an animation for several seconds.
>>
It was the hardest final bosses for me because they were all double bosses where if you lose in the second one you have to fight the first one all over again.

Well I suppose it's more tedious at least.
>>
>>334974179

WAs should have been super fast like the katana one.
>>
>>334974179
I liked Uchigatana art, it's literally a quick horizontal slash, pretty useful against mobs of enemies
>>
The biggest things that annoys me about DS3 are those moments when I have 2-3 enemies fighting me and they do exactly the same god damn attacks and combos and the only thing I can do is just to roll away and wait for the R1 spam -opening.
>>
File: s-samefag!.jpg (88 KB, 1044x406) Image search: [Google]
s-samefag!.jpg
88 KB, 1044x406
>>334973603
>getting this fucking mad because more than one person agrees you're retarded

I'm the one you were arguing with and also >>334974179.

If you can't have an argument without letting your mental instability show, then perhaps try not engaging in one at all, since you're too much of a baby.
>>
Problems with the game.

1. It's small. Infact, it's the smallest of all the Souls games. It has the least amount of areas, enemies, bosses, weapons, armor and items. Areas themselves are almost always small with little to explore, almost always they're a small series of corridors.

2. It has little in the way of variety. Most areas do not look very different, most enemies are just a large, aggressive guy with a weapon (9 times out of 10 it's a sword) and even the bosses rely on this same overused aggressive guy style.

3. Terribly balanced. There is no point in using anything but a straight sword, armor is so useless that it's actually a waste to put points into vitality (unless you need to equip a really heavy weapon, which you don't, because swords are better and light). Sorceries and miracles are a joke.

4. Most of the new features the game boasts were disappointing. Weapon Arts in particular I found myself hardly ever using, the FP system in general I found too limiting to make use of weapon arts, miracles or sorceries.

5. Game in general feels really rushed and unpolished. Everything after the Dancer is basically copy pasted enemies and areas. There is tons of small issues with the game too, I've seen enemies fall through floors and hitting through walls, people online having no animations, getting stuck in level geometry and having to homeward bone out and so on.

Overall it feels like they needed to spend another year developing the game before releasing it.
>>
>>334974179
For a lot of weapons, particularly boss ones, the WAs seem like an excuse to give it a normal moveset and put everything special about it behind a mana barrier.

Look at the DKGA, in DaS1/2 it's L2 would have just been it's heavy attack but now here and now. The Profaned GS is cool because you get a free Fire-buff on a nonbuffable weapon but again I feel like in the previous versions it just would have done fire damage with a more special moveset.
>>
>>334974439
Well, all enemies that are not tall dudes with sword/maces/spears are easy as fuck because their tracking is fucked
>>
>>334974617

And all enemies that are tall guys with a sword/mace/spear are easy as fuck because you can parry them all easily. The only slightly annoying enemies to fight are the ones with a great shield because you can't kick them to stagger them, and they tend to turtle the fuck up, and thanks to 360 degree tracking you can never backstab them.

Sure do love spending 10 minutes on one grunt because he's a built like a fucking wall who wont fight back.
>>
>>334974439
>It has little in the way of variety

This game really did have some serious identity crysis and lack of originality all around.

Everytime I entered an area I imediately could see which area from the previous game did they rehash. Yeah, it's cool making a homage sometimes but seriously, keep that shit to a fucking minimum.

>Terribly balanced

Indeed it is. I used the rapier you get early pretty much towards the entire game because I simply couldn't find a single weapon that was superior to it. It was fast as fuck, it stunlocks enemies just as much as an UGS does because poise is utterly broken and it the damage of weapons that were three times slower is only slightly above, so why the fuck would I even bother? It felt really underwhelming.

Also, the bosses are extremely unbalanced. A lot of them are complete pushovers and I seriously had a WAY harder time with minibosses than most of them.
>>
>>334973576
>They absolutely don't.
Saif/Cleaver/Saw Spear
Ludwig's/Kirkhammer

>Says the guy who hasn't played Bloodborne and doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Unlike you, I didn't just parachute into this series with PTDE and Namco marketing. I've played them all.
Oh boy, you sure like projecting your insecurities. My guess here is that you bought a PS4 and Bloodborne was your first game so you defend it to death.
>>
>>334974815
>The only slightly annoying enemies to fight are the ones with a great shield because you can't kick them to stagger them, and they tend to turtle the fuck up, and thanks to 360 degree tracking you can never backstab them.
2 hand your weapon and guard break the shield, taked 3 hits with a Battle Axe, then riposte and walk off
>>
>>334974815
just a little advice, those dudes with shields will attack as soon as you attack and hit his shield, so you can prepare to parry/backstab them
>>
>>334974586

Indeed. It felt like they just cut down features and them reimplemented them under another name and called it innovation, kind of like how some devs sell cut content as dlc.
>>
>>334974847

>Also, the bosses are extremely unbalanced. A lot of them are complete pushovers and I seriously had a WAY harder time with minibosses than most of them.

The two Dark Wraiths outside of Abyss Watchers gave me far more trouble than the Abyss Watchers themselves. They were more aggressive, hit a hell of a lot harder, had better AIs and were significantly less predictable.
>>
>>334974874

>A lot of weapons share the same movesets.
>only five of them actually do
>>
File: 1420561042037.jpg (97 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1420561042037.jpg
97 KB, 400x400
The game is boredomborn souls. The hub style is incredibly bad and boring. Ruins that DaS feel of being able to 90% of the game as soon as you reach Lordran. Not to mention the weapon selection for the first half the game is nonexistant or balanced around pvp

Too many meme bosses.
>>
>>334974439

Your post is confusing. You imply you have played every souls game but then complain enemies hit through walls. This has been a thing since the first game. Enemies weapons dont bounce when they hit a wall. That only happens to you.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.