[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fine, I'll say it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
The Souls series was the new Assassin's Creed.
There was literally no evolution after DS1.
>>
>>334953112
that may be true, but "ass as in greed" was never good.
>>
>>334953226
AC1 was good. Dont deny it.
>>
>>334953112

DS2 added:

being able to knock away shields and punish turtlers
viable dual wielding
torch lighting (even if they gutted most of the game's lighting engine)
actual changes to ng+ besides buffing enemies
backstabs not being instant like in DS1
parries no longer instant
a way to restore spell casts
severely nerfed poise so you could no longer faceroll attacks

DS3:

introduced an MP bar with a way to restore it
kept the non-instant parries of DS2 but took out the ridiculous "fall on your ass" animation
made stamina usage while running more bearable since in DS2 you could only run like 3 seconds before your character had an asthma attack

I'm sure there's more in there but it isn't the same thing every time
>>
>>334953226
Assassin's Creed will go down as a classic. Sure, they kind of beat beat the thing to death, but prove me wrong bitch.
>>
>>334953418
not bad but it was mediocre at best. Demon's and Dark Souls were absolutely glorious games.
>>
There were direct improvements from 1 to 2. They actually downgraded dark souls from 1 to 2. So in that respect Was Creed is better.
>>
>>334953418
AC 2 was much better you fucking casual assassino
>>
>>334953626
>being able to knock away shields
Can do it in ds1

>muh op backstabs
Git gud

>mana bar
Are you really this new? Demons did it.
>>
Assassin's creed's issue was that Ubisoft milked it to shit. They released a game every year for God knows how long.
The souls series released 4 games over a period of 7 years, that's pretty excusable. Minus Bloodborne which managed to spice up the formula a bit.
>>
>>334953626
You do realise those aren't game changing right ? The only reason you guys are fine with the souls game is because they're sowewhat unique and decent.
But even AssCreed has more new stuff in every game than this
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.