[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 PvP discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: 6fc.jpg (42 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
6fc.jpg
42 KB, 680x453
Hi, /v/, It's been a week since Dark Souls 3 has been released and I've gotten really into the PvP and wanted to discuss it with you guys.

What builds ya'll using?
What weapons have you had success with?
Where is the best PvP area?
Best weapon arts for PvP?
Builds?
etc.

I've found that the Heavy Great Machete is actually a pretty solid weapon for PvP. I've been having some really nice success with it.
>>
I've got a +10 crystal weapon buffed Rapier and 40+ END. What are you shield fags going to do about it?
>>
File: 1454448303011.jpg (167 KB, 758x600) Image search: [Google]
1454448303011.jpg
167 KB, 758x600
>invaded
>suddenly a cloud of floating ring buffs approaches me
>materializes into a person
kek what a useless ring
>>
File: Thrusty.png (14 KB, 189x285) Image search: [Google]
Thrusty.png
14 KB, 189x285
>>3349501I use a +10 refined astora greatsword that I buff with crystal magic weapon. Has a powerful charge attack thats good for suprising people at the last minute.
>>
>>334951770
>>334952043
Nice. I've fallen in love with the Heavy Great Machete. Even though it only has vertical down slash attacks and I cannot figure out the hitbox for it's Roll+R1 attack while two handed (seriously what's the hitbox for that?) it hits like a fucking truck. Combine that with some poise and you've got yourself a top-tier PvP weapon. Ya'll nignogs should try it out.
>>
>>334952519
Poise is gone m8.
>>
Yesterday I was hosting a fighting ring and it went pretty well, everyone sat down and waited their turn. It was a king of the hill type of deal.

If you got summoned to Lilandra/Just Clay's world as a mad phantom, it was me. Hope you had fun!
>>
>>334952663
It isn't as gone as most people think. If you're mid attack with a heavy weapon and you have some poise lighter weapons won't stop your attack. I'm pretty sure that's how poise works now instead of affecting stagger rate.
>>
Why do people with the meme great sword only do the shitty slide with it until they kill you or die themselves? Like what's the point of it, you can't enjoy it that much.
>>
>>334952805
It's fun af, yo. I enjoy doing the jump attack with the claws and the duel dexfag swords. That's fun af to spam even though it's bad af.

I also literally just fought someone who had the entire abyss watcher set and the abyss watcher sword and was spamming the L2. kek.
>>
>>334952805
Because the sliding is fun?
I laugh every time I use it, it's so crappy but so worth it.
Everyone knows what it does, but they just can't seem to counter it.
It goes like this:
>Invade
>Host has dank sword and Knight shield
>I use the greatmeme as a zweihander, then spin around their shield when they aren't looking.
>They back off to heal
>Repeat x7
>Kill host
>Get a message on my steam profile
>"Fight fair you fucking faggot!"
>Laugh even harder
>Fall off a cliff and lose my ember
>>
>>334953197
Lol I haven't used it yet but I guess I'll try.
>>334953498
I either stop it right away or they kill me with it. And I feel like I'm one of the few people who still don't estus when I'm summoned as a red phantom
>>
>>334953935
It's also hilarious against the Deacons.
Never in my entire life of gaming had I imagined breakdancing Catholic priests to death.
>>
Quality build maining the Profaned Greatsword and Black Knight Sword currently. I really wish poise made more sense and the UGS weren't so slow you need mind games to win, but hyperarmor is a godsend. It is kind of silly how since the latest patch many Greatswords now have equivalent damage with many UGS weapons however. Straight swords and such are still the worst though.
>>
>>334950112
Call me what you want but i use estoc with a quality build
>>
>>334953935
I'm on a 16 duel win streak with the Great Machete. Nearly the same moveset as the Great Axe but with so much more reach. It does leave you open to damage so heavier armor is helpful for both the poise and the protection. You should legit try it out. You get it from those big guys in the Undead Settlement.

>>334954294
Estoc is Bestoc I guess, even if it does have one hell of a bland play style.
>>
>>334954184
Lol yea that's pretty funny.
>>334954431
Yea I think I have one, A, strength scaling right?
>>
>>334954724
It has both STR and Dex but I infused it with Heavy infusion. But it's mainly strength, yeah.
>>
>>334954838
I'll check it out but I always fall back on my black knight sword. I just like the way it looks.
>>
Butcher Knife and Profaned GS here.
Also keep a standard long sword so I can R1 with dank sword faggots.
>>
>>334952776
That's just the hyper armor that all the Great weapons get even if you are wearing rags with 0 poise
>>
>>334954968
Black knight sword is pretty cool. I dunno how I feel about the moveset with it's semi-short reach, though.

Also, I'm literally ayy lmaoing at these people using Kirk's armor and roll spamming hard. The damage really starts to stack up after a few hours of them rolling near you.

>>334955071
Is Butcher Knife any good in PvP? I know it's amazing in PvE but I don't think it'd be that great in PvP. The weapon skill is kinda useless for PvP, isn't it?
>>
>>334950112
Originally had a STR Heavy Dark Sword (gives it A scaling) +10 build, was pretty effective. Right now I'm using DEX and got a variety of +10 Shotels, for some reason they seem to eat other people's stamina, shieldfags always get utterly destroyed by repeated crits.

PvP is active pretty much everywhere, I was having the most fun in the Catacombs/Smouldering Lake/Demon Ruins as a mad phantom white the untrue white ring at low levels. Joined Darkmoon now but it's so slow comparatively. Don't really know what to do now, had a cool fight club at Archdragon Peak but that seems to have been a one-off thing.
>>
>>334955617
Shotel is like, the one Dexfag weapon that I'll accept simply because it fucks over the only kind of player worse than a dexfag. A shield fag. I'm so happy that From kept the guard break reposte mechanic in so that you can really piss off those stupid fucking shield hoes.
>>
Have you ever just kept winning duel after duel after duel after duel and wondered if you're a god, or if people suck? Cuz that's the dilemma I'm currently facing.
>>
>>334956807
The dual poke roll with Goterection's Twinblades feels incredibly unfair and everyone is dying to it. I love it.
>>
>>334950112
The gottard dual swords are really good. I have a 32 dex 21 str build with 18 or 19 endurance.

The roll L1 is the quickest thing I've seen, way faster than anything else this thing can put out. The battle skill can be either one spin move, or 2 spins and a thrust if you hit strong attack, really good skill to bait people into thinking your combo is finished and then pull that out.

As far as move variety goes, I think this weapon has one of the most diverse moves in the game.

The con is that it does nothing to shields, and rapiers are still way faster.
>>
>>334957179
the knight ring with extra stamina damage might make that double spin art into a shield eater, so long as it's not a greatshield
>>
>>334950112

It's shit.
>>
What's the recommended levels for NG+??
>>
>>334950112
Keyboardfags got fucked by japanese inability to code for PC if they life depended on it. If you try to change direction on WASD while running, you stop. If you change direction with rotating mouse, you dont stop. Literally unplayable.
>>
>>334956925
I keep winning using the Great Heavy Machete. The weapon skill gives it a very nice amount of bonus damage and it's range is very nice. The only downsides to it are that it has no sweep attacks, it's roll attack is total garbage in most cases, and that it takes a lot of stamina to swing. I can only swing it 3 times before running out of stamina.

One cool unspoken mechanic of Dark Souls 3 is what I'm calling "aftershock". If you swing a heavy weapon and it slams to the ground if an enemy isn't hit but they're within a certain distance of the impact point they still get staggered. Great Machete's after shock range is quite big.

>>334957628
I have no idea. Ayy lmao.

Also, if anyone is down for some PvP I'm on PS4 at the Cleansing Chapel bonfire summoning Dark and Mad phantoms. My soul level is 43 at the moment so if anyone is down come on down to the Cleansing Chapel.
>>
I just got had to fight three guys at the same time and died in like a second, but it was fucking sweet.

They were three guys all named "Abyss Watcher", and they all had the full uniform and weapon.

They just stood there waiting at the bonfire for me and some other phantom to show up, never in my life have I been raped that hard in less than 5 seconds.

Dudes were fucking pro, 10/10, would do again.

That's how you fight an invader without being a giant pussy or an asshole.
>>
Dark Sword 3: Meme Edition
>>
>>334958773
I dislike the Dark Sword for PvP. It's strong, don't get me wrong but I feel like there are better weapons. -shrugs-
>>
The phantom range on some weapon is just fucking stupid. I'll never get used to having to stay 20 feet away from someone and still take hits.
>>
>tfw you're trying to fight club
>summon 2 mad phantoms
>one gets to you before the other
>you begin your duel
>other one shows up
>goes ham on you
>honorable 1v1 turns into lame 2v1
>backed into corner
>die because literally couldn't escape the death corner
>>
>>334950112
Vigor and End with raw weapons, while my Vigor seems to be soft capping at around 33 my Vigor just keeps going up more and more even after level 40
>>
I've been PvPing at the Cleansing Chapel and it's honestly fun as fuck to pretend to be a Boss.

>Summon phantom
>Rest gesture by the bonfire and facing the door
>Wait for them to enter the Chapel
>Stand up
>Bow
>Battle commences

It feels so epic doing that.
>>
is it just me or is there something that's intimidating about seeing someone wearing the Xanthous Crown when you're PvPing. I dunno why but people who wear those head pieces throughout the games always seem to know what they're doing.
>>
>>334960742
It's the arrogance.
He knows he's good enough to wear whatever he pleases and wipe the floor with you.
He knows that you'll underestimate him because he looks like a doof.

The scariest invader I ever fought was in DaS1. He wore the Mimic hat and the Xanthos gear, carried a broken straight sword, and had the red tearstone and the calamity ring.
He was so confident in his abilities that he debuffed himself to hell and back, had a constant health drain, and use something slightly better than bare fists.
He kicked my ass.
>>
File: DaS3_Moonlight.webm (3 MB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
DaS3_Moonlight.webm
3 MB, 896x504
>>334950112
>Builds?
Ornstein build SL75, Moonlight GS build SL55, Lothric Knight build SL20
>Weapons?
Ornstein Spear, Moonlight GS, Astora Straight Sword, Pyromancy too
>Best area?
Depends on my character's level, but overall it's Archdragon peak for me, also Anor Londo is where the most people are, often other invaders coming to the rescue, it's always fun.
>Weapon arts?
The only useful ones are the buff, I never use these. on the Moonlight GS the WA does less damage than a charged attack, it's ridiculous
>>
>>334961501
That's terrifying. kek I use the Xanthous Crown on my Dark Souls 3 PvP character. People bow to me. It's weird. Though that's probs cuz my characters name is Donald Trump
>>
>>334962243
>Moonlight Greatsword
Really? I thought that item was bad in this installment.
>>
>>334963221
After the last patch it's ok, but I prefer to play with bad but fun weapon than with boring but OP straight swords.
>>
>>334962243
>Anor Londo

what's the best SL for that area?
>>
>>334961501
Bigger the armour the less I'm intimidated

Some naked fuck comes and messes with me and I'll be scared shitless and cautious as anything.

People with gear need the gear, people without will fuck you up and make you reconsider your life choices.

It's always great to see
Even better to participate in
>>
>Kill pontiff
>gotta pop ember during the fight
>get invaded by 2 fags right after that.
>the kill me togheter

>In the middle of the road from Iryll to AnalRodeo
>Pop an ember instead of estus
>instantly get invaded by two fags
>almost getting to kill one of them but get cockblocked by another one
>die

Yeah sure its fun.
>>
>>334952805

yeah i figured that out pretty quickly. its stylish as fuck but not really that good
>>
>>334963726
Between 50 and 65 you're good. I would say 55 is the best, while keeping your weapon between +5 and +7

If you want to play against people who finished the game you can go to the same area around 80 with a +8 weapon.
>>
>>334963726
Standard invasions 40~60
1v1 80+

It's a very popular PvP area.
>>
>>334964372

that area is pretty much pvp central, don't ember if you don't want to get invaded
>>
>>334963472
True that I suppose.

Honestly you can make any weapon work. if you're good enough. As long as you're not a fucking cunt and interrupt fight clubs by attacking the people who're spectating a 1v1 you're alright by me.
>>
can you still be invaded after beating the boss?
>>
>>334965674
I don't believe so.
>>
File: magicka2.jpg (14 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
magicka2.jpg
14 KB, 248x250
Whats the best staff for casting sword spells? I dont know why there are so many of them, I am confused, arent they the same?
>>
>>334967057
Probably the Crystal Sage Staff. It boosts your sorceries but increases the cost it takes to cast them. But if you're casting it for sword buffing then it shouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>334967561
No friend, not buffing, the souls sword spells. Flashsword and greatsword. I plan to use it as offhand weapon.
>>
>>334967971
OH! My bad. In that case I'd still say the Crystal Sage Staff. It just makes Sorceries do waaaay more damage. I'd get the Sage Ring and the Sage Staff and that should be good. Unless you have like, no mana or don't wanna take any blue estus. If that's the case then I'd go another staff. But Crystal Sage does most damage by far.
>>
>>334950112
Still trying to get the hang of this, haven't pvped since dash and I'm getting trashed

Every fight ends up being a gangbang with me as the star
>>
>>334968307
Congratz on your newfound fame. :kappa:

But for real, this games PvP is very good. Very dynamic. It's probably the best in the series. You'll get the hang of it quick. Don't try parrying too much until you gain an understanding of the weapons and their move sets. You'll get the hang of it, eventually.
>>
>>334968251
Great, thank you, anon. I will aim for it then.
>>
>>334968696
You get it from the Mage member of the Dick Fuck Trio in Lothric castle right after you exit the Archives.
>>
>>334968943
Oh shit, it seems the sword is appearing at the end of the staff. Looks like I will want to get the longest staff instead of strongest.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.