[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck this place entirely.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: cathedral_of_the_deep-banner[1].jpg (29 KB, 1175x120) Image search: [Google]
cathedral_of_the_deep-banner[1].jpg
29 KB, 1175x120
Fuck this place entirely.
>>
Swamp is worse.
>>
There were a few too many of "those" areas that weren't really enjoyable to play in at all. Felt more like a chore than anything. Rest of the game was fine, though. The catacombs were good, and the enemy designs are memorable.

>Those tryhard dexfag skeletons that do Bloodborne dashes and shit

God damn.
>>
>>334949442
why?
>Giants are retards
>shortcut immediately after graveyard
>boss is easy
>knights are stupid
>>
>>334949442
best area in the game
>>
best place you mean
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 307x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 307x286
>>334950120
>>334950179
Just finished up there. Best so far.
>>
why?
>>
>>334949442
What happen?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1440733175320.jpg (129 KB, 1292x1813) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1440733175320.jpg
129 KB, 1292x1813
Is this that area I don't like, with the infinity skellingtons and the one bonfire for the long-ass level?
>>
>>334953164
Yep, sure is!

Any tips for making it through the hour-long run to the giant and beyond?
>>
The Cathedral was fine for me once I got past the ramparts and battlements and into the interior. Don't know why the sludge had to slow your movement by so much though. You're still just timing your forced fatrolls to avoid the giants' stomps, which is easy as fuck to avoid anyway. Just became a nuisance but after I learned about the quickstep Skill trick it was less tedious.

I liked the combination of the thralls and cathedral knights. You had to be on your toes for those fast little shits because they can fuck you up but only if you don't notice them. By contrast the knights are easy to notice but can still ruin your day, especially the greatsword one. The shield and mace knights become really easy after you know when it's safe to kick their shield away.

Deacons of the Deep was okay for a breather boss. I think I only noticed the red glow after the final archdeacon spawned. Up til then in the fight I assumed it was a Congregation-style boss from DSII rather than the Royal Rat Vanguard-rule. Still beat them first try because straight sword R1 spam.
>>
I accidently skipped it and had to get back after reaching irrytheral
>>
>>334953164
>Area has 2 shortcuts to unlock
>wah wah 1 bonfire waaaaah

Kill yourself you casual.
>>
>>334953164
They provided like 3 seperate shortcuts with that one bonfire though. Once you open the front door towards the end, you just take the left elevator up, run past the 2 hollows through the door, run past the pulpit and enter the boss fog wall.

And if by infinity skellingtons you mean the graveyard before the cathedral, then git gud because you can run through the entire thing.

Protip: taking out your torch removes their maggots/leeches that cause bleed buildup.
>>
>>334949442

I like this place. good pvp spot too
>>
File: DS3 FTG.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DS3 FTG.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
>>334949442
>>
I didn't really like it either but it's actually a pretty short level and the boss is kinda interesting.
>>
>>334949442
I can't even remember the names for most of the areas since they were quite boring or just areas that try to be DS1 or DeS areas
>>
>>334950120
>>334950179
>>334950759
I also agree. Very Demon's Souls like. One bonfire for the most part and like 3 shortcuts to that bonfire. I loved it.
>>
>>334953164
There are two bonfires, the second shortcut you open up from the main bonfire let's you get up on the roof, from there you can enter onto the arches where a couple of knights hang around. From there you can drop down onto a ledge to get to Rosaria's bonfire, where you can raise one of the bridges and get a short path to the area boss.
Other than that just learn to kill everything quickly and kill the giants since they don't respawn, shouldn't take too long to clear out the are unless you are bad at the game or use a shitty weapon
>>
>>334954229
>both shortcuts are 20 seconds from each other, and both at the ass-end of the entire zone

One exists purely to showcase patches, who almost no one will see there because there's no reason to use that shortcut over the one you already have that's even faster.
>>
>>334956019
I've only seen Patches on my third playthrough when he closed the door back to the firelink shrine
>>
In case anybody didn't know, you can get rid of the bleeding effect you get from the enemies there just by equipping your torch. It burns the maggots off. This made the outside area much more enjoyable.
>>
>>334958174
I read this on a sign, but I didn't have any torches. Just don't get hit, I guess.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.