[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disgaea 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: d3.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
d3.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I'm just starting this. What is broken in this?

Are monsters still shit?
>>
Just started this too.
>You have to buy and upgrade skills now
I don't know how I feel about this.
>>
Fire magic
no raspberyl is the best character in the game
>>
>>334946891
Worst Disgaea I've played, the only one I've quit (around chapter 5)
>>
>>334947383
DD2 was worse
>>
>>334946891
Which version, PS3 or Vita?
>>
>>334947383
the ps3 disgaeas aren't very good
>>
>>334948127
ps3
>>
>>334948129
Not OP, but what am I missing out on since I'm playing the PS3 version? I'm assuming old characters like Laharl and Etna at least.
>>
>>334948413
Its the mechanics more so then anything else. weapon forte is restrictive as fuck only allowing a handful of units to learn more then 3 skills so you have to use certain units just to learn those skills to pass them on to others.
>>
is it advised to start on disgaea 1 or not the game looks kinda fun but it's never really caught me and i end up getting bored 2-3 hours in
>>
>>334947104
It feels weird to me too. I thought the classroom was weird but it is just a reskinned court I guess.

I'm wondering who is good to create in this. Monsters in 1 and 2 were terrible.
>>
>>334948775
story isn't really connected but i beat 2 before i beat 1
>>
>>334948775
It can be hard to go back to it after playing the later games.
>>
>>334948790
You can't go wrong with spell casters. While it will take awhile, a male healer with death heal is pretty damn good as well.
>>
File: fat_raspberyl_by_eishiban.jpg (332 KB, 1101x1476) Image search: [Google]
fat_raspberyl_by_eishiban.jpg
332 KB, 1101x1476
Most players will say monsters get good with this one, but the are still missing something that 4 finally gets right, so you can totally forgo monster characters for the most part, like most faggots you will probably only be using raspberyl as your only monster character but she's hardly worth it.

3 has the worst cast in general.
>>
>>334949406
what character classes are good?
>>
>>334949406
>3 has the worst cast in general.
4 really isn't any better. 3 at least went out on a high note with its final boss while 4 just got worse and worse each chapter in.
>>
>>334946891
>What is broken in this?
game is the easiest to break and abuse thanks to puppy paw trick working 100%
first gen evilities are also not balanced so some character hit the jakpot.
>>
>>334949685
Honestly, whatever you want, you just need to figure out whatever your gonna do, if your going to bother grinding at some point in main game at one of the two points it's viable in some meaningful way, or just going to hold off on any of that till post-game. You mainly just want to look at evilities and if the character is gonna be melee or ranged and figure it out from there.

Also keep in mind they updated the character tower from 2, you can strike further away with a larger tower, and you can learn skills specifically to be used when a tower is employed.
>>
>>334948407
>ps3
poor soul
>>
>>334951187
wait is tower actually useful? i thought it was like a joke
>>
>>334953680
Everyone in the tower gets experience from anything done with it, and using your strongest character as the base who takes all the damage allows faster leveling for weaker characters if you know what your doing.
>>
>>334946891
>What is broken in this?
The story. I sure hope you didn't invest your full amount of grinding into Mao. The game was literally designed to sell DLC characters due to the main character constantly changing.
>>
>>334954327
So I shouldn't level Mao? I've been keeping him the highest.
>>
>>334954919
That anon is talking out of his ass, mao is always accessible throughout the main story and I believe all of the post-game, he's probably only talking about DLC scenarios which i think might be the only case he's not usable.
>>
>>334954327
>main character constantly changing?

What?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.