[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are the boss rooms in this game not designed for the FUCKING BOSS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Ocelot.png (380 KB, 746x437) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot.png
380 KB, 746x437
why are the boss rooms in this game not designed for the FUCKING BOSS?
>>
>>334946843
this is without a doubt the worst boss of the game
>>
>>334946843
Because for FROM
presentation>practicality
>>
>>334946843
>stay under his backlegs and swing away instead of being in front so he can stunlock you to death
>stay behind him the entire time and in the middle of the room occasionally rolling away from ice breath
Ez
>>
Ocelooooooot
>>
>>334946975
Best atmosphere though.
>>
>>334946843
How? The pillars you want to hide from him are placed there so he can destroy them with you.

I saw that happen. And It's even better for Oceiros, because his Rush attacks make him really annoyning and some others tend to rush him then too and die fast, because some of the rushes can result in a one-shot
>>
>>334947305
Ha, are you kidding me? What?

I think best atmosphere would go to Yhorm or Twin Princes but certainly not this shitbird.
>>
>>334947163
not saying the boss is hard. just the ai is fucking retarded. he flies and leaps into trees you cant really get in range of
>>
>>334947305
Nope, Nameless King had the most dense atmosphere, no pun intended :^)
>>
>>334947375
This place marks our grave..
>>
>>334947305
>those weird fucking sounds before you enter
>the weirdly deep voice
>the almost eastern mythic phase 1 soundtrack
>his crazed dialogue
>OCELLOTTE
>that brutal phase 2 switch up in combat and music that perfectly gets how the boss is devolved into a mindless beast

Really fucking good atmosphere
>>
>>334947305
As i have a brother of my own, i loved the princes.

>rise if you will, for that is our curse...
>>
>>334947462
that and the dancer, dancer is severely underrated
>>
Im doing this on SL1 right now and I feel you OP. From has always had some really, really shitty boss rooms.

Even the dancer has a way too small arena, not to mention all the benches and other garbage gets in the way
>>
>enter abyss watcher fight
>literally a room from bloodborne
>followed by a whole area that looks like a challice dungeon
>and a bonus area which is a copy paste of the previous one but with fire
and people call darksouls 2 areas bad and uninspired.
>>
>>334947305
He's definitely my favorite "LOOK HOW FUCKING CRAZY THIS FUCKING GUY IS" fight in the series.

>inb4 awoooo
>>
>>334947640
dancer's soundtrack complements the bosses disjointed creeping movements superbly.

I love how the room slowly fires up as well, it creates this really eery but beautiful feeling
>>
>>334947587
Abyss Watchers did it better.

>all those guards
>then two darkwraiths out of nowhere, wreck their shit
>hear sword clashing, wonder who could it be
>then the reveal
I wanted to fight them the most, since i saw the intro.
>>
>>334946843
>stay under belly
>win

What's the issue anon?
>>
>>334947881
its the only fight where i actually listened to the boss theme
>>
>>334947909
I won't deny abyss watchers wasn't a great fight.

I honestly think FROM did a really nice job at giving each boss a unique feeling not only in terms of mechanics, but purpose in the world, music style, and the phase 2's in every boss.

I like that instead of wasting time putting pointless bosses in, they've put more minibosses in, and general stronger enemies with larger movesets
>>
>>334946975
in what way? I beat him my first try.

and i really liked his voice acting and dialog. just a cool character.

also he resembles seathe which makes me wonder if he was "consumed" by an experiment to extend his life.
>>
Pretty much all strategic use of the environment of a boss arena is gone in ds3, it's really dumbed down.
>>
Who the fuck is Ocelotte? Oceiros is the former king, right? So is Ocelotte the first name of Prince Lothric, or some nonexistent thing that crazy ass Oceiros made up?
>>
>>334948121
But i had a feeling there where less enemy ganksquads compared to BB or DS2. Here, even one enemy can fuck you up, but if you carefully lure them to a 1v1 or 1v2 (max 3 if enemies are human size). It felt pretty balanced in that term.
>>
>>334948639
Oceiros could be after Prince Lothric in lineage for all we know. Ocelotte is apparently his mutant baby son that was slain for being some anti-Christ level shit.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.