[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>already one year old as of one month ago I have to ask,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>already one year old as of one month ago

I have to ask, but was it good?
>>
Not at all.
It flew under the radar in an oversaturated market and was bland and then forgotten.
>>
I loved the aesthetic but couldn't get into the gameplay
>>
>>334942129
It was great

Where the fuck is definitive edition on pc
>>
Yes.
One of the best game of that year, almost everything felt right.
>>
File: 2015-09-10_00055.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-10_00055.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
>>334942129
>I have to ask, but was it good?

Sorta, maybe. If you don't play a lot of video games, it was good. When you're like me that has been gaming for 28 years, it was average, with a lot of neat concepts and themes but ultimately, just a copy of better earlier works.

Castlevania games, early metroid games are still the pinnacle. Ending to Ori was really fucking forced to make you FEEL, made me wonder if a women came up with it.
>>
>>334942129
Yeah it was great. The fluidity of movement is something I craved for in a platforming game for a long, long fucking time.

>>334943413
That's only if you're solely looking at level design, which Ori certainly does not lack in the least. But I'd take the movement of Ori over the movement of Castlevania any day.
>>
>>334942129
No.

It was boring as fuck. Got tired of it after the giant tree section. It felt like a slog.
>>
File: 2015-09-10_00071.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-10_00071.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
>>334943594
>But I'd take the movement of Ori over the movement of Castlevania any day.

That's where you're wrong too, friend. The better castlevania games were precise up to the pixel. In ori, you mash your auto lock on skill to kill all the enemies and their hit boxes are fucked. Ori's hit box is also at its worst when he's falling down since Ori's hit box is shaped like a vertical rectangle.

Devs this knew this was skewed which is why you get so many refill stations every few feet, yet because of this enemies become a hindrance rather than a challenge. You just didn't feel the fatigue set in cause the game is extremely short, a fact that works to its favor. What you liked most about its gameplay is the chaotic nature of dodging missile attacks while mashing X with neon colors flashes and explosions on screen like an autist hopped up on sugar.

Everything about Ori was average.

5/10

Sorry bud.
>>
>>334944553
>Devs this knew this was skewed which is why you get so many refill stations every few feet

Save stations are actually pretty sparse. The "refill" is holding circle or B or whatever you choose, which costs energy.

>you mash your auto lock on skill to kill all the enemies and their hit boxes are fucked. Ori's hit box is also at its worst when he's falling down since Ori's hit box is shaped like a vertical rectangle.

I wouldn't know about this, I hardly ever got hit.

> yet because of this enemies become a hindrance rather than a challenge. You just didn't feel the fatigue set in cause the game is extremely short, a fact that works to its favor

Absolutely. I knew right away there could be no real bosses with what they were going for for combat.

>What you liked most about its gameplay is the chaotic nature of dodging missile attacks while mashing X with neon colors flashes and explosions on screen like an autist hopped up on sugar.

Get off my cock you imbecile. I meant exactly what I said: The fluidity of movement is something I craved for in a platforming game for a long, long fucking time. The atmosphere and visuals add, the combat does not but the combat does not take away how good it feels to move in the environment of the game.
>>
File: 1459102306745.gif (96 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
1459102306745.gif
96 KB, 248x203
>>334945092
>The fluidity of movement is something I craved for in a platforming game for a long, long fucking time.

You don't play enough video games. Get off /v/ and start playing video games. If you're biggest triumph on the game is being able to move around like a spastic ferret, then you owe it yourself to play more video games.

Since I'm not your average anon, I'll guide you in the right direction.

>Y's series
>Revegeance
>Super Metroid
>Rayman Origins/Legends
>Bastion
>Dust An Elysian Tail
>Warframe

No seriously though, you just need to play more video games cause you praise Ori on this ONE thing, that many games do better. Ori's best assets were story presentation, atheistic and level design.
>>
>>334945938
>Super Metroid

Doesn't compare. You rarely have enough room to stretch Samus' legs

>Revengeance

Same problem atop its solely serviceable combat.

>Warframe

Tedious, grinding mess. Otherwise what I played was fun.

The others are on my backlog, someday friendo. But to my knowledge Bastion and Dust don't even have an iota of similar movement to Ori.
>>
Another game that only exists for the soundtrack
>>
>>334946464

not him, but just wanted to let you know that Bastion is pretty fucking awesome.

Variety of weapons allows for plenty of replay value, great art design and soundtrack, satisfying combat, ... Try it out asap.
>>
>>334942129
really great game
>>
>>334948059
I remember a lot of buzz about it when it was released. Suppose I'll move it up the log. Thanks anon.
>>
>>334942129
Story sucks ass, unlocks felt nicely and it was nice to dash throughout the map.

I loved that In DE they made baby mode for people whom can't pass ginso tree excape sequence.
>>
Definitive Edition for PC when?? It's been long overdue already with no news at all about the delay.
>>
>>334948975
Let Xbox players beta test it for us first.
>>
It's okay. Aside from the art nothing really stands out. Enemies are boring, level design is just mediocre. 6/10
>>
File: 1446806293816.png (4 KB, 228x254) Image search: [Google]
1446806293816.png
4 KB, 228x254
>>334942129
I can't tell you if it's good, but I can say that I had the time of my fucking life playing it and thought it looked great, sounded great and played about as great as it looked and sounded. The only real negatives I can think of would be the somewhat thin story, arbitrary tacked on upgrade tree and the lack of some sort of NG+.

DEFINITIVE EDITION ON PC WHEN IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH ALREADY
>>
Well speak of the fucking devil the Definitive Edition is finally coming out on PC exactly a week from now
>>
File: 261570_2015-06-20_00001.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
261570_2015-06-20_00001.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>334942129
good, short, and a little formulaic. play it if it's on sale or you find a decent torrent.
>>
>>334942129

Take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJNyn6y3fec
>>
>>334952381
source?
>>
>>334952936
http://news.xbox.com/2016/04/20/ori-blind-forest-definitive-edition-pc-launch-trailer/
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.