[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you get stuck in a game, do you guys just power through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: le woolie face.jpg (98 KB, 891x810) Image search: [Google]
le woolie face.jpg
98 KB, 891x810
When you get stuck in a game, do you guys just power through it or use a FAQ/watch a playthrough
>>
Usually try power through it and if I can't then I just leave it for another time.
>>
faq for that specific section. usually it's something really simple that i'm just missing and i feel dumb
>>
I only look up a walkthrough for that bit if I'm stuck for multiple days.
>>
>>334941674
>>
>>334941674
If it's a challenge thing, I usually try to figure out my own way of beating it. If I'm just lost, I consult a guide. I don't like being lost in games. I derive no enjoyment out of figuring out how to proceed, only how to overcome obstacles.
>>
Power through mostly, if I'm really stuck though after a couple of hours I just give in and find a walkthrough

It's better to see the whole game then be stuck and frustrated
>>
>yfw Pat made a Barneyfag reference in the newest SBFC
>>
File: image.gif (6 KB, 205x166) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
6 KB, 205x166
>>
i use faqs for puzzles and for finding key items because i don't have time for that shit. but if i'm stuck on a fight, no i don't look for tips on it.
>>
>>334942391
Summed it up nicely.
>>
If it's something thta seems brute forcable then I'll keep at it. If I'm stuck for a couple hours or so and I'm clearly just too stupid to ever figure it out then I'll look up how to do it.
Last time I used a FAQ was that fucking arcade machine in SMT Nocturne
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (17 KB, 183x226) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
17 KB, 183x226
>>334942495

>The Dark Souls 3 LP starts Sunday

Finally, that and Quantum Break are the only two LPs I'm looking forward to from them anymore.
>>
Last time I used a FAQ was for some puzzles in Virtue's Last Reward

For some reason I could get all of the Secret passwords super fucking easy, but the Escape passwords kept on eluding me.
>>
>stuck because puzzles/what the fuck do I do
I honestly try my best for like an hour, and then look up the guide. If the solution was some bullshit, I uninstall the game
>stuck because hard section/boss
I honestly try my best for like an hour, and maybe an hour of trying to cheese/glitch through next day. Then I uninstall the game
>>
>>334942495
Where, I need to hear this.
>>
>They're pushing out that FFX playthrough to get DS3 up before people lose interest
>>
>>334942495
What did he say?
>>
>>334943726
Jokes on them I stopped after the last shitstorm was a shitshow
>>
>>334943506
>>334943808
Made you look
>>
File: 1419757088715.gif (267 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
1419757088715.gif
267 KB, 400x310
>>334942869
I can't wait for another 100+ episodes of 'le drop your shield xD'
Let me guess, it'll be Mat and Liam
>>
>>334943962
>Mat and Liam
But that is the best duo.

Imagine it was Matt and Liam from the start instead of Pat, it would have been glorious beginnings
>>
Depends on what kind of stuck we're talking. If something's too difficult for me to pull off, I'll just power through it until I get it right, but if I have absolutely no idea how to progress in the game, I'll look it up.
>>
I tend to ask about it in a thread, either in /vg/ or on here. I know it's essentially the same as checking the wiki but it doesn't feel as cheap.
>>
>>334942495
>No one else got it
>>
>>334941674
I stop playing and post on /v/ about the game's creator being a hack.
>>
>>334941674
>action/puzzle/ect
Power through

>jrpgs,rpgs and some adventure games
Guide for the specific part
>>
Read an FAQ.

In most games, getting stucks means getting through the same areas/motions again and again which is fucking boring unless you're autistic.
>>
Is it just me, or is Matt much more tolerable these days?
>>
Is it a large teleporter dungeon with no dungeon map?
Guiding that shit
>>
Depends on what kind of stuck
Boss fight? Keep trying
Puzzle? Try to figure it out/brute force it for a while, look up the answer if I'm stuck for a few hours
No fucking idea where to go next after checking a lot of places already? Look up a guide right away. Fuck you Dragon Quest 2.
>>
>>334941674
i try to only use a guide if i'm really stuck, but i usually don't use one for most games i play
except for sidequests or 100%ing, i usually use guides for that, i feel retarded for missing a sidequest for not talking with X NPC at Y point of the game
>>
File: 1460388704369.jpg (76 KB, 501x376) Image search: [Google]
1460388704369.jpg
76 KB, 501x376
>>334941674
Yeah I check SBFP playthroughs for protips.
>>
>>334944636
I for one welcome our new simpsons overlord.
>>
>Almost beat the game thrice before they post their first video

Yeah, great schedule, boys
>>
>>334944636
I think he's worse than ever, faggot shoving himself into every fucking playthrough on the channel and his unlistenable segments during the podcast
>>
>>334941674
I feel no shame in looking up walkthroughs for most games that are action based. Knowing what to do and being able to do it are very different things. You can look up guides all you want for souls games but you'll still get your ass kicked if you are no good at them.
>>
>Enter the Gungeon
>DaS3
Fucking april dares me to git gud
>>
When I get stuck in a game... I git gud. Because there's no other way to get unstuck.
>>
>>334942495
Call me a newfag but can someone tell me what's with the "barneyfag" thing? im clueless
>>
>>334945313
I don't know either, and I've been here for like 6 years
>>
>>334945313
Yet another autistic circle of shitposters shitposting at shitposters
>>
OP here
>>334944107
Its the latter

>>334944402
The game in question is a JRPG (Star Ocean 3). I've gotten stuck a couple of times before powering through it. Fuck that minimap compass

>>334943726
>>334942869
>Another Souls LP
At least I have The Punisher and I guess I'll watch the Twilight Princess LP
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.