[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Fallout 4 playthrough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 8WxuOah.w529.h352.jpg (34 KB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
8WxuOah.w529.h352.jpg
34 KB, 529x352
I'm going to be starting a themed playthrough as the glorious and benevolent Vladimir Putin. I'm looking for input as to what I should be doing, mainly stats-wise and morality-wise.

Heres what I want so far out of this character:
• Clean suit (not sure what kind yet) with max balistic weave armour
• Dogmeat as the only companion (to better reflect the purity of animals that Putin aligns himself with)
• Most likely a melee build but Im not 100% on that yet.
•Thinking about joining institute because they represent the strength and the power that the Commonwealth needs right now.

Other than that I'm still spitballing ideas. Any help would be great /v/.
>>
If PC the survival beta mode is actually a super refreshing way to play a second playthrough.
>>
>>334933552
Most likely going to snag one of these bad boys from Swan ASAP. Need to be able to crush the capitalist pigs as quickly and humanely as possible.
>>
Putin loves kids. I haven't played FO4, but try to get in the places with children, if there are any.
>>
>>334933638
Unfortunately I'm a consolefag so I have to wait until they release it for Xbone
>>
>• Most likely a melee build but Im not 100% on that yet.
You don't have to do that, Putin can handle guns pretty well. Rifles and heavy machine guns. Also, our president loves war machines, such as jet fighters.
>>
>Most likely a melee build but Im not 100% on that yet.

You are making the same mistake I did.

Fallout 4 really sucks when you go into it with the mindset of "I am only going to use one type of weapon/skill."
The early game, due to only a few quests in taking you to the incredibly difficult Corvega Assembly Plant and Bostons Interior make it very, very frustrating to play a melee only build.
Vertical areas are the bane of a melee player, you cant do anything against the 10 guys shooting at you and throwing instant kill molotovs from rafters 100 feet in the air. If you get Dogmeat then your frustration will only be amplified as most of your stimpaks will be going to him due to his foolhardy AI.

When I say 'frustrating' don't think I mean Dark Souls git gud fun stuff, its genuinely frustrating to have to repeat so much content when your bed is a two minute walk from the 5 minute long ruin battle.
In my current playthrough trying to mitigate this, at the start picking up more defensive perks since the damage you do is upped in Survival in comparison to Very Hard, not to mention getting a ton of damage perks this early on will only turn your 1 hit kills on raiders into pointless overkills and wont help at all when a stray molotov hits your foot and you explode into ten pieces.
>>
>>334933552
Get a mod that fixes the hunting rifle, an ak74u, and Don't buy fallout 4 you dumb fuck.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (135 KB, 958x539) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
135 KB, 958x539
>>334934159
>>334934194
Did semi-auto for everything first playthrough, so I havent grasped the complexities of automatics yet. Friend sent me this as an idea for what I should be looking for. Thoughts?
>>
>>334934194
What is the point of giving stimpaks to your companion?
>>
>>334934761
On the updated version of survival mode they'll fuck off back home if you don't keep them healed.
>>
>>334934761
In a communistic society, everyone should be given the same benefits. If I am healthy and ready to fight, but my companion isnt, it is my duty to myself, my countrymen, and my lineage to spare what I have to help him/her.
>>
>>334934967
Wow, that's actually a nice thing to add
>>
>>334934757
Overseer's Guardian is great, especially if you aren't willing to save scum for a two-shot railway rifle.
>>
>>334935150
How easy is .45 ammo to come around?
>>
>>334933552
One question that needs to be asked the most, is Putin the kind of man to trust in his steady aim when firing, or would he rely on the technological prowess of VATS in a fight? From there your stats can be fleshed out.
>>
>>334935373
Grab some ranks in the Scrounger perk in the Luck Tree, also having a few side arms that use alternative ammo ( A shotgun and a pistol or two ) will pretty much ensure you never run out of ammo on one type of gun.

In the 'very' early game never be afraid to switch guns often, also when you can you can save ammo by bashing ( The alt key ) with any weapon.
>>
Putin has a lot to offer the Commonwealth, and to do so he needs appropriately sized guns. Overseer's Guardian or the Spray and Pray are both great but use the same ammo, so youll have to decide between the two. Theres a french shotgun (whos name escapes me) that should get anyone out of danger real quick. And for range and giggles theres a plethora of pistols in different ammo classes to pick up.

Now, to get to the nitty gritty. Obviously for someone as well endowed as the glorious Putin, a Fat Man is a necessity. Two of the named ones, MIRV and Big Boy, do incredible damage and should fell most bosses easily. But save them for just those situations. Does Putin go around nuking everyone at first sign of trouble? No. Stick them into a box in your fortress until you know youre gonna need them (free up a shit ton of space). But you will need something to carry around and show everyone that you mean business. My recommendation would be the Gatling laser, especially if you dont plan on using power armor. Its light, has a good range, and high damage output. All the available mods for it are just icing on a very dangerous cake.
>>
>>334933552
Irradiate Piper
>>
>>334937283
MIRV is not a Fatman, its a weapon mod.

You can put a MIRV on the Big Boy.
>>
>>334937945
My bad. Still thinking of the "expirimental MIRV" from Fallout 3.
>>
OP here, tried pen and papering this shit to figure out my SPECIALs. Im doing the 21 you get as base plus the +1 from "You're SPECIAL"
• Strength 3 - Bare minimum to get Armorer so I can work on Balistic Weave mods
• Perception 2 - Rifleman Perk
• Endurance 4 - Chem Resistance (So I can bulk up our glorious leader to his real life strengths)
• Charisma 4 - Attack dog Perk (Got to make sure my in game Putin is in control of nature as much as his real life counterpart)
• Intelligence 3 - Gun Nut perk for now (I will focus priority on this until its maxed, as everyone knows Vladimir Putin is one of the smartest men alive)
• Agility 2 - Purely for Commando Perk as I believe Putin has no use for VATS or sneak attacks
• Luck 4 - I just needed scrounger perk from this, however Fallout 4's luck simulates the blessings god has given the leader of Russia.

Any thoughts, comments, additions?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.