[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gears 4 is coming along niiiiiiiiice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: gears-of-war-5.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gears-of-war-5.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
So anyone else playing the Gears of War 4 beta? I have to admit it feels pleasantly smooth and sounds great. Feels like a nice cross between Gears 1 and 3.

Gnasher is STUPID powerful to the point where it's the only thing anyone is using and the Hammerburst and Lancer need to a slight boost in damage. Also the fact you can active reload at any time needs to be removed, it's game breaking and can cause the game to move down to a snails pace with people just reloading.

But all in all it's fun, enjoyable, and a great time.
>>
>>334923513
>the fact you can active reload at any time needs to be removed
What do you mean? Like you can active reload without firing a bullet first?
>>
>>334924567
Please tell me this isnt real?

Fuck it when is GoW Collection on PC getting cracked
>>
>gnasher is stupidly powerful
Okay? Good. That's how it has always been for Gears, it has pretty much been a shotgun wallbouncing fuckfest, and that's what makes Gears better than generic shooters
>>
The Gears of War 4 beta is shit and to even claim it remotely feels like a cross between Gears 1 and 3 should be blasphemy. If anything, it plays exactly like Judgment with the regular Gears stick/button layout.

The game also doesn't run smooth and the sounds are literally non existent, especially considering you can no longer hear the breathing of enemies or their footsteps. Nor can you hear the Torque bow, which has 1 millisecond charge.

You're full of fucking shit m8.
>>
>>334925075
>it plays exactly like Judgment

bait/10

gears 4 is literally gears 3.5, there is nothing judgment-y about it
>>
>>334924567

Yes, that is EXACTLY how it works.
>>
>>334925664
I'm going to assume you've never played Judgment, because only an idiot would make that claim. It plays exactly like Judgment did, multiplayer wise, minus the verticality. It has little in common with Gears 3.
>>
>>334924567
You only get one of those per life.
>>
>>334924567
You can get the damage boost from an Active Reload whenever you execute the move, even with a full mag. The damage boost is now on a cool down, however
>>
>>334923513
Did the original multiplayer allow you to respawn every time you died?
>>
>>334925828
are you fucking retarded? how does it play like judgment at all?

it plays exactly like gears 3. flat maps, gnashers dominate, rifles are bretty good

you don't have people spawning with sniper rifles or two weapons only like in judgment
>>
Its shit, slower than gears U.E. looks cartoony and shit like gears 3 when they said it would be more dark like gears 1, handles stiffer than gears 1 which i didnt think was even possible. Its shit.
>>
>>334925075
This guy knows his gears. I just played the beta then fired up U.E and fuck me U.E is faster looks better and guess what is better. Its judgement all over again
>>
File: gowbetttae.png (263 KB, 1002x1128) Image search: [Google]
gowbetttae.png
263 KB, 1002x1128
>>334923513
>So anyone else playing the Gears of War 4 beta?
I'd love to, but am currently unable to participate.
>>
THERE IS NO FUCKING GEARS WITHOUT CLIFFY FUCKING BEEEEEEEE
>>
>>334926082
You either weren't very good at Gears 3 then or never played a lot of it. Gears 3 never had a Gnasher dominance; all three rifles were more powerful than the Gnasher in 3. Gears 3 was all about rifles. And the Markza wasn't a sniper nor would anyone decent start off with it in Judgment.

Gears 4, so far, has the fast-paced movement and aggressive nature of Judgment, with none of the weight or map control of the previous titles. You no longer have to work as a team or rely on map/weapon control, considering all you need to do to be good is run and gun with the Gnasher. The only power weapon needed now is Grenades, but they aren't such a big deal now that you can see them planted on your Tac.

Also
>Flat maps.
Harbor and Foundation aren't flat and have many different vertical locations to leverage. Gears 3 also didn't have any straight out "flat" maps either.
>>
>>334926627
what the fuck is this timy turner ass comic bullshit
>>
I dont know how they fucked it up so much gears is over lol
>>
The maps are just boxes and pillars a retard made them, horrid design utter shit . The game is trash and Rod is a faggot who has failed no surprising considering hes ginger
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.