[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>more linear than COD >enemies are mostly either recolored
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: half lief 2.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
half lief 2.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>more linear than COD
>enemies are mostly either recolored humans or recolored zombies
>guns feel unsatisfying to use
meme game
>>
I like it. Not everyone's straight, Pablo.
>>
>>334921110
thats just like your opinion man

[Posted from my Lenovo P780 using Tapatalk]
>>
Ebin meme m8
It only took you 10 years to make it.
>>
File: THWUNK.png (189 KB, 746x379) Image search: [Google]
THWUNK.png
189 KB, 746x379
>>334921110
>guns feel unsatisfying to use

Great meme, really enjoyed it
>>
>>334921303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3MP0z2_IyE
>>
>>334921110

The story is pretty good.

There is one major reason I like it, multiplayer. It had some of the most fun multiplayer games and gave birth to Gary's Mod.

Also who the hell cares it is linear?

I constantly see "X game fell for the open world meme! It sucks!".
>>
Half-Life is the "original" organic grassroots experience with some actual soul to it, and everything after it (including HL2) as just corporate cash grabs.
>>
>>334921510
A few years ago /v/ was all about complaining about brown&bloom linear games
Now it's about complaing about colourful open world games
>>
man i love this linearity is bad meme
>>
>>334921303
The magnum is incredibly satisfying as well. Also the alt fire on the combine machinegun that shoots plasma balls, ugh what the fuck is OP talking about.
>>
File: 1379881964103.gif (14 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1379881964103.gif
14 KB, 416x416
>>334921397
YEEHAW
>>
>>334921685
A few years ago the market was saturated with AAA brown&bloom linear trough.
Now the market is over-saturated with indie "survival" shovelware jumping the Minecraft/DayZ bandwagon. Either that, or the flood of AAA sandbox eswhere the major gameplay element seems to be climbing observation towers and collecting random shit shit.

The real problem is that the popular games don't do middlegroud anymore. It's either completely pointless "wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle" open world, or your standard corridor-setpiece-corridor Cowaduty shooter.
>>
>>334921397
damn
>>
Half life 2 is the citizen kane of video games

most people dont really get the "its the citizen kane of" thing, when citizen kane came out it blew other movies out of the water, it introduced all sort of elements to the industry that are still used to this day, it was ground breaking at the time.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.