[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ratchet & Clank PS4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
So, /v/, now that Ratchet and Clank for ps4 is finally available on all the world...

What's the final veredict?
>>
>>334916859
Shit
>>
>>334916859
So /v/ will claim that it's shit even though it's a decent enough entry
>>
>>334916859
Asking the general populace of 4chan that goes to these kinds of threads and expecting anything but shitposters saying "its shit" is being stupid anon.
>>
Oh boy more zootopia shit on /v/

Don't forget to save and report ~
>>
fun
nice visuals
too short
worst insomniac museum

that about sums it up.
>>
>>334916859
Its shit
>>
>>334916859
i like how this is competing with Starfox pretty much.
i got them both on preorder. and both are in theory the same price.
both arriving for me in 2 days.
i don't plan on opening star fox.
>>
>>334916859
Very fun. The story seems a big rushed and the dialog falls flat at times, but who cares. It's quality fun, like the old games.
And for the people calling it short, did you blitz each new planet as soon as you got them? On easy mode? I'm about 15-20 hours in and have 2 or 3 more planets to go
>>
>>334917568
Took me about 13-15 hours to beat the whole game going through the objectives one by one incl;uding optionals and 21/28 gold bolts. It wasn't very hard....
>>
>>334917937
so you confirmed that anon? good job.
anyways, anything cool to gain from doing new game + this time around?
>>
>>334916859
Mine hasn't arrived yet.
>>
>>334918054
You can upgrade your weapons to level 10 in challenge mode
>>
It was fun, I had a good time, there were things that seemed nostalgic of a better era of game, I only wonder if they weren't paying homage to the original how much would be changed level design wise or how much the dialogue would get spiced up even more if they added new NPCs.

The museum was horrible, absolutely disgustingly barebones, but the fact it still existed was nice, normally I guess things like that wouldn't exist.

I hope they do a sequel, bit hard to see how they would since Qwark doesn't really have any reason to go evil, maybe it'd be Nefarious again, that part kinda sucked, Drek got robbed.
>>
>>334917937
Guess the difference is that I'm taking my time exploring. I've gotten every gold bolt up to this point, I think 23/28 before hitting the last 2/3 planets. Topped the 1:35 time on rilgar too. Not saying the game is hard on hard, but its an adequate challenge when you rotate through your weapons to level them all up. The giant mobs with 2 turrets in them aren't a cakewalk, for example
>>
>>334918303
neato.
>>
>>334917346
why buy if you aren't going to play it?
>>
>>334918478
i preordered the first print edition of star fox way back then.
and now seeing more gameplay it just looks very very mediocre.
but seeing as this edition was sold out a month ago and even the standard edition being sold out in my country, i thought about keeping it to resell it at some point.
>>
I was excited for both the movie and the game, but after seeing what I assume is most of the cutscenes in the game, especially in the last couple levels if the blocking is anything to go by, I'll just wait until I can pirate a BD rip or something.
>>
thirty
>>
>>334918764
i really hope the movie does well.
i mean successful movie = new movie = another ratchet game.
>>
>>334918618
every game platinum has ever made has been mediocre at best, often putting more effort into style than anything of substance or depth
>>
>>334919235
i fucking loved vanquish and bayonetta 2.
so i don't agree with your statement at all, but opinions and stuff.
>>
>>334917081
>worst insomniac museum
Yeah, for something that was probably meant to be a celebration of the history of the series it felt more like "remember that cool thing you liked in the original game that you wish was in this game? Here it is, look but don't touch!".
>>
>>334916859
Not available in the UK.

We need to wait till friday.
>>
>>334916859
Naw m80 it comes out on the 24th for Brit Bongs.
>>
File: 1456658360447.jpg (5 KB, 149x149) Image search: [Google]
1456658360447.jpg
5 KB, 149x149
>>334920773
>>334920692
Whats with the weird release date for europe?

15 for France, 20 for the rest of europe (I think), and 24 for United Kingdom, but, why?
>>
So can someone explain to me why they changed the name of Metropolis to Aleero City? Did one of the suits just approach Insomniac and say something like "Bamham Vs. Man of Murder is coming out in 2016, if both movies have a city named Metropolis consumers will get confused" or something?
>>
>>334921831
Quark, the absolute retard we still keep around for some reason is the one telling the story the game is based on, so he likely confused the name or something
>>
>>334916859
Must be meh like very other R&C.
I only payed Crack in Time, it was fun while it last, there's a ton of content, but gameplay-wise it's just a shooter for kids with some casual platform sequences.
>>
Having no arena really hurts this game. I have lots of lv.6/7 weapons and no reason to upgrade them, as they already obliterate everything.

>>334917081
This
Also, the music's surprisingly decent this time around. Best R&C soundtrack since Deadlocked / Size Matters (space radio was better, but it was like 80% licensed music soooo)

>>334921831
We can still pretend "Aleero" is part of Metropolis I guess. Still can't tell if it was an actual thought-out decision or TJ Fixman was running out of shit to fuck up.
>>
It's really a great game.

It's not set in an overwhelmingly immersive world
It doesn't have a deep story with incredible character development
But these things don't matter. It's a fun game with great gameplay, and it doesn't try to be anything else. I'd be more than happy to see less movie games and more like this in the future
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.