[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a game based on World War Z be like? I hope it would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: world-war-z1.jpg (205 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
world-war-z1.jpg
205 KB, 600x923
What would a game based on World War Z be like?

I hope it would be nothing like the book, because the book can be pretty dumb

>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Israel is best rael
>Is North Korea in a tunnel just hiding out or are they all zombies???????? It's like some kinda Schrodinger's cat of asians, so cool!
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

So what should it be like?
>>
Generic zombie shooter #199386. You know the genre has hit the rock bottom when Brad fucking Pitt is starring a movie about it
>>
>>334909379
it already exists. it's called dead rising

also i liked the book. at most of it. that crap about japanese NEET finding katana and turning into badass was dumb
>>
>>334909582
>it already exists. it's called dead rising

I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
>>334909582
desu the guy fucked up in the writing by not having some of the more traumatic parts written in an absolute hollow deadpan.

He has the characters make jokes and allusions constantly instead.
>>
>>334909671
>ITS LIKE I BECAME SHEHULK TEEHEE

Bitch your husband died
>>
>>334909379
>put huge loud speakers near the city
>noise draws all zombies into a huge pile
>drop tons of napalm
>repeat

why nobody ever though of that?
>>
>>334909379
>What would a game based on World War Z be like?

even worse than the movie.
>>
>>334910151
Sound doesn't travel that far
>>
>>334910151
Because Brooks thinks setting a zombie on fire only makes it more dangerous because muh no sense of pain.
>>
>>334910506
Isn't that technically true? Walking around on fire and not giving a shit sounds pretty dangerous
>>
>>334910581
Not feeling pain doesn't keep them safe from basic physics. Their muscles would contract and then burn away, like anything set on fire would. There's no way anything would walk away from a napalm strike just because they can't think "oh, this hurts."
>>
>>334910797
Oh no, I agree. I just mean using fire as a way to fight zombies on ground level.
>>
>>334910843
Well, you'd typically want to recover whatever you're putting in the effort of taking back; lighting them all up sorta gets in the way of that should something important catch fire. And you would still need to go in and clear out all the ones that weren't caught in the blaze.

In the survival guide he admits that a controlled fire is a very effective way of disposing of the dead but only in very specific circumstances. Namely, not giving a shit about collateral.
>>
>>334910506
is that why in that walking dead season when there was all of those zombies trapped in a pit, instead of setting them all on fire they decided to set them free and take them on a parade?
>>
>>334909379
You made this thread on /lit/ the other day
>>
>>334910843
Have you ever seen the remains of WW2 troops that got torched by flammenwerfers? Even if they just took it and shambled towards you instead of collapsing in thrashing agony, the type of heat you're dealing with using napalm or flamethrowers would burn a body down to a spooky skeleton in no time short. Molotovs or whatever, okay, maybe a bit more dangerous
>>
>>334911060
No, they didn't set them on fire because they wanted to put them on parade. Geez anon, you answered your question yourself already.
>>
You could start as one of the soldiers at Yonkers who ends up getting torn to bits and go back from there. I don't think there would be a lot of shootbangs, the way the book is written doesn't really lend itself to those kinds of scenarios. Of course you could just make shit up if nothing else.
>>
>>334910435
Are you nuts
You can make something loud enough that you can hear it from one end of a city to another

I once heard a god damned fireworks factory explode TWO CITIES AWAY
>>
Why didn't the soldiers at Yonkers go full Vietnam on the zombies?
>>
>>334912219
They were never issued any napalm or flamethrowers, they were equipped to handle a biological threat and human enemies, not god damned undead that don't even react when shot or torn apart by bullets.
>>
>>334911151
fucking reading faggot.
>>
>>334912293
>or torn apart by bullets.

Not that anon but surely that itself deals with the immediate threat? Never read the book or watched the film but whenever they come up here it sounds like par for the course zombies are involved, so shouldn't shooting them apart just leave mounds of ineffectual flesh and limbs?
>>
>>334912625
You end up ripping them in half with mounted 50 cals but they just keep crawling

It's demotivating as fuck for soldiers to be firing these gigantic guns and their enemy doesn't even FLINCH, hell the ones that got torn apart STILL somehow manage to keep going because their head didn't get blown away

Most soldiers are trained to aim for center of mass, not the head.
>>
>>334912881
Yeah and even that much firepower isn't going to stop the advance of millions upon millions of corpses who don't feel, fear or think, they just advance and advance. If I were one of the soldiers I would've been shitting my pants.
>>
>>334911151
>You made this thread on /lit/ the other day

Most threads are automated, dude.

Only half the posts on 4chan are from actual human beings.
>>
Yonkers was complete retardation for the sole purpose of moving the plot forward.

You cannot convince me otherwise.
>>
>>334909379
>wanting a video game adaptation of a book you don't like using copypasta

stop failing for this you dipshits
>>
>>334913487
How zombies can beat ANY army is beyond me

Just build a fucking wall, a series of corridors with holes in the walls for soldiers to stick something sharp through to stab zombies that try to make it through
>>
File: 1422337148539.jpg (325 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1422337148539.jpg
325 KB, 1200x1200
>>334912881
>>334913080
Sounds like the Yonkers scenario takes place a bit earlier in the zombie apocalypse than most, usually by the time you've got a base fending off corpses in detail they already know what to do but get outnumbered due to squad broken or death flag bullisht
>>
>>334913487
If Brooks wanted the army to lose, why didn't he make them lose based on the lack of soldiers at the fight?
>>
>>334913652
They actually built fucking bunkers and everything PREPARING TO FIGHT A HUMAN ENEMY

What they got was a slow shambling mess of corpses so they were slowly overwhelmed.
>>
>>334910581
In a fantasy setting with magic fire sure, and sure a flaming zombie would be dangerous for several seconds, but the muscles and everything in it would shrivel and burn and become so useless it would collapse on the floor pretty quick
>>
>>334911151
And /tv/.
>>
>>334911060
How are you going to set all those zombies on fire
They were in a gigantic open pit with nothing to actually put on fire except for zombies who weren't even that close together

You'd have to douse them ALL in gasoline for it to work and you're better off using gasoline to fuel cars/gennies.
>>
You made this thread on /tv/, /lit/, and /co/. Are you judging all boards responses?
>>
>>334912881
>>334913821
Brooks made the army brain dead in literally everything.
Check out >>>/k/29665213
>>
The fuck is this /tv/ meme doing? Why is World War Z posting a thing at the moment?
>>
>>334914948
I haven't seen one of the usual /v/ bait threads recently, I guess they realized no one responds to it any more
>>
>>334913625
Lets assume the top brass are all dead. Leaving some know nothing in charge of it all...and forgetting the Helicopters flying around can't just drop a pack of grenades. Lets assume all this is true then consider the following.

>Army at yonkers takes on the bulk of the zombie population of NY
>zombies don't feel pain so stabbing does fucking nothing, likewise cutting off limbs and Zombies don't get tired.
>Army was thinly spread around a choke point.
>Was tasked with new shitty network equipment to see their friends get mauled by seemly "cleared" areas.
>moral low from world wide epidemic
>Zombies apart from headshots are bullet sponges.
>Getting the resources like cement,scaffolding,digging equipment and the fuel to run it all. With living Engineers/Contractors to build the fucking thing might as well be ringing the dinner bell.
>Assuming any Government would know what to do when over night their countries become occupied zombie hot zones.
>China fuels its own end
>Africa gets fucked
>Russia doesn't change
>India becomes 100% zombie cause they look like corpses anyway
>>
JUST
>>
>>334909379
Implying the Japanese otaku 2chan poster wasn't the best part of the book. Shit was tense.
>>
File: wwz.jpg (219 KB, 1617x959) Image search: [Google]
wwz.jpg
219 KB, 1617x959
www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4bNoZif1I0

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Welcome to the GI Joe show, YO.png (205 KB, 702x569) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to the GI Joe show, YO.png
205 KB, 702x569
>>334917683
>that title

Will watching this spoil anything?
>>
>>334918157
He's only talking about the movie, so you're good if you're interested in the book I guess.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.