[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Runescape ever a truly good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: runescape.png (59 KB, 519x142) Image search: [Google]
runescape.png
59 KB, 519x142
Was Runescape ever a truly good game?
>>
More like grindscape hahahaha
>>
File: runescape2.png (58 KB, 519x142) Image search: [Google]
runescape2.png
58 KB, 519x142
>>334909342
How else can a character become highly proficient in a skill without some work?
>>
>>334909260
Yes, before 2007. osrs is shit.
>>
File: runescape3.png (40 KB, 519x142) Image search: [Google]
runescape3.png
40 KB, 519x142
>>334910029
But what made it good, and when did it become bad?
>>
File: DEAL.jpg (52 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
DEAL.jpg
52 KB, 600x530
>>334909260
>A DEAL'S A DEAL
>>
>>334910092
it became bad because they just started adding shit that didn't need to be added and updating shit that didn't need updating.
>>
>>334909260
I dunno why but back in like 2003-2005. Yeah it was a good game.

It just felt really visceral and nice.
You lost all your shit when you died.

All the gear was player made.

I remember I would sit there mining coal for 8 hours a day sometimes. Then make them coal certs and sell it and buy lots of rune longs.

Why the fuck would I buy lots of rune longs? I have no clue. But I would.

RS2 was okay, but after that it was all shit.
>>
>>334910250

And the PVP was nutty good in the deep wilderness back in 2004.

For some reason there was that castle in the middle of the wilderness.

The game engine in 2003ish was so faulty? I dunno I'd call it a mechanic.. But doors would be really difficult to open and close.

So you'd get jumped by 2 guys in that castle. and the guy hitting you would yell FUCK DOOORS DOOORS NOOBS.

And the other guy would run and shut the door so you couldn't get out without stopping to open it. (Which let the guy catch up and land another 3 hits)
>>
>>334909260

A DEAL'S
>>
One of the comfiest games I ever played -
TEN YEARS AGO

I've yet to play an MMO that gives you as much joy in exploring new areas. Especially with the risk of losing your shit when you die.
>>
>>334910335
Oh god I remember the doors thing. I remember watching some fight a monster in some random ass non-pvp area. He eventually got really low and had to run away to get his health back but there was door blocking the way out so I kept shutting it on his ass and he ended up dying and I took his shit.
>>
>>334909260
RS is better than ever.

Caters well to solo players, quests are great and PvP is almost as dead as can be. I don't think I could ask for more.
>>
>>334909724
woah....
>>
>>334910446
You ever seen the old wine of zamorak lure?
Back then you could lead a noob to some innocuous temple and tell him the wine sitting right there on the table is pretty valuable.
Cue the surrounding monks of zamorak beating their shit in while you spam close the door.
>>
The quests had really good puzzles, exploration and really great writing. Infinitely better than any MMO's quests nowadays.
>>
>>334910570
I fell for that. I was so devastated losing my bronze 2h.
>>
I really enjoyed when Darkscape was a thing.
Even though it had a lot of the modern content that made actually leveling skills pretty redundant, the constant threat of losing everything you had at a moments notice was really thrilling.
Because you were so afraid of losing your stuff people would band together to do quests or transport goods between the different banks. And if you caught people alone it was a really great feeling to just bully people out of your way. Most people weren't equiped with their best gear so it was easy to run up and steal a full load of coal or dragon hide/bones.
>>
>>334909260
RS had really good quests.
>>
>>334910567
Wow, haven't seen bump-chan in a while
>>
>>334910125
S-source?
>>
>>334913884
Google.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.