[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If this game came out in 2016 /v/ would shitpost about it and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: Valkyria-Pack-Front_001.jpg (438 KB, 1000x1150) Image search: [Google]
Valkyria-Pack-Front_001.jpg
438 KB, 1000x1150
If this game came out in 2016 /v/ would shitpost about it and call it "weebshit" and wouldn't give it the time of day
Why has /v/ been invaded by redditors who hate japanese games
>>
>>334907215
>tfw i was a newfag when /v/ introduced me to this and demons souls (asian version)
>tfw i got my first console (ps3) for this and DeS
>no regrets

thank you /v/
>>
>>334907215
I got this game like 3 months ago and it's the best game I've ever played.

the fuck you talking about anon
>>
>>334907398
Any game that looks "anime" gets shitposted on /v/ now for being "weebshit"
>>
>>334907450

Let me guess, in another thread you posted a trashy low-budget game that you only like for the fanservice, and /v/ shit on you, so now you're generalizing to justify your shit taste.
>>
>>334907625
Let me guess, you think all japanese games that don't look realistic are trash.
>>
The lack of movement on non-scouts killed it for me.
>>
>>334907672

I hit a nerve, didn't I?

Pretty much any high-quality Japanese game will get attention on /v/ and will almost certainly develop a fanbase, however niche it may be. If it's universally shit on, it almost certainly means it's no-effort otaku-pandering trash that's not worth anyone's time.

The fact that you made your thread based on an exaggeration and appealed to boogeymen, instead of using an actual example, says it all.
>>
Loved this game,
Needed more depth to the fighting system
Scouts could do all missions
>>
>>334907935
>he doesn't believe that /v/ is now reddit lite

Oh how deluded you are
>>
>>334907215
It is coming out in 2016. Ps4 remaster.
>>
>>334907625
This
>>
File: zettai_08.jpg (680 KB, 1406x2000) Image search: [Google]
zettai_08.jpg
680 KB, 1406x2000
>>334907215
>Implying we wouldn't be hyped for a game with art by Raita.
>>
>>334907215
I don't know why, but entryism is really common these days. Many people don't start their own communities or find likeminded people, they instead try to take over other people's communities by force. It even happens with some weird shit like pedophiles constantly trying to take over /tv/ (sometimes spending an entire day doing so) instead of going to 8-chan or the dankweb.

Another problem is how social media has changed the way people think, so now they tend to repeat the same words, phrases and ideas and. Everything has become a meme. People start complaining about "weebshit" because other people are complaining, and nobody even knows what the word means.
>>
>>334907935
Yes, /v/ is always totally fair in its evaluation of games.
>>
This game sucks.
>>
But I did call it weebshit.
>>
I missed this when it came out.
Should I make an effort to play it
Will it sedate a pedoboner's thirst for prepubescent gameplay?

Hmmm???
>>
File: 戦乙女勲章.jpg (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
戦乙女勲章.jpg
246 KB, 1920x1080
>>334910936
>prepubescent gameplay
I don't know what prepubescent gameplay is but I got the remaster and it is pretty fun.
>>
>>334911308
It's just a bad meme joke.

I really want to play this, though.

Combat reminds me of something....front mission maybe.
>>
Have you ever seen a twitch stream? Like people think weeaboo games are funny wierd games that nobody plays unironically while the only thing they do is spout memes as hard as they can. It's literally the essence of modern /v/.
>>
>>334913178
>Combat reminds me of something....front mission maybe.
It's pretty much Hogs of War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f3WDkSg8is

VC1 has good gameplay and characters, pretty nice story and cringy dialogues. Overall it's great.
>>
File: 1416127622396.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1416127622396.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>334910936
I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot, especially since it is on PC nowadays, and runs well even on laptop-toasters.

The game's just very enchanting. There's surprising amount of depth in both the gameplay and story. There's clearly lots of research done on 1940's fashion and weapon design to create this believable fictional world, while the main plot's like a mix of the Finnish Winter War (big empire trying to occupy a small nation), and some more modern resource-wars. Gameplay-wise, the best comparison I personally could give is 3D Advanced Wars, with 3rd person real-time unit moving phase. I've heard that it shares lots of similarities with the X-Com series, but I have not played those myself yet, so...

You won't get pedo-boners from VC, since every character's a grown up, working adult, who've also enlisted into their local militia.
>>
>>334909597

I swear this is the only reason anyone on /v/ even likes these games.

Most of the VC threads are the same waifu posting as the worst weebshit games are. Just with generally better tits to look over.
>>
>>334908661
so don't just use scouts? i don't get this complaint. it's made every time. you're choosing to play the game that way then complaining about it.
>>
>>334907215
Nah man, this game was great.

Now the sequel, yes, that would be weebshit, but we try not to talk about the sequel.
>>
Because kids are so scared of the weeaboo label that they'll instantly deride anything Japanese. It's for show more than anything, for sure.
>>
>>334913774
I loved this shit. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>334909597
This desu
>>
>>334919619
>weeaboo label
You do know that weeaboo is an insult right?
>>
>>334909597
What the fuck went wrong with her tits in the upper left
>>
>>334907215
Not true. /v/ has quite a few games from japan that a lot of us enjoy. Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre come to mind. Too similar grid based games from anime land.
>>
>>334921819
It's a jumping or falling motion so her breasts are jiggling.
>>
>>334907215
It is coming out in 2016 as a remaster
>>
>>334911308
so the cutscenes are still ps3 quality.
>sega
>>
>>334921537
Uhhh....duh?

You clearly didn't understand my post.
>>
>>334907215
>a significant portion of VC's fanbase is in love with the most bland weeb parts of the series, instead of the early-mid 20th european war aesthetic
This will never not confuse me. If you're just in it for the basic level weebery, surely there are other series that do it better? The really weeb parts of VC don't even rank among the weeb category. VC's claim to fame was always its standout aesthetic (and being a good game).

But given the direction of the sequels (and spin off), apparently that was a minority opinion?
>>
>>334907215
Case in point: VC3 is MUCH BETTER than the first game in every single way but neo-/v/ hate it anyway because it has swords
>>
>>334924368
>It's not weeb if I like it!
Basically what OP said.
>>
>>334925252
I usually see people say it's as good as 1, or better, and I'd agree. Doesn't mean swords aren't retarded.
>>
>>334925354
Oh no, it's pretty weeb. Got a swim suit episode, all the character tropes, dumbass plot (which is like, every fucking Gundam war plot ever) and everything else.

But VC always stood out for having, aside from pretty enjoyable gameplay, a unique setting and aesthetic for weeb shit. It just always strikes me as odd that there's a large group of people who couldn't give two shits about that and just clamor for them to pile on more weeb cliches than there already were. It'd be like, I don't know, being into Recettear for it's bogstandard JRPG parts over the interesting item shop running concept and its amusing writing.
>>
>>334925252
>Swords
Who plays fencer? Such an awful class.

Engineers got a huge nerf, Armor-Tech is a real tanker.
>>
Reminder that /v/ will forever complain about /v/ being shit yet will never do anything about it, such as actually using sage and ignoring clickbait threads.
>>
I'm a 10 year vet

People who think /v/ didn't always have a huge overlap with competing communities are idiots. It's redditors now, it was goons before, or neofags or whatever else.

Having loyalty to whatever online community you use to talk about video games is incredibly stupid.
>>
>>334927293
The problem is doing such things is invisible, you can't hardly tell when someone sages anymore unless you're really paying attention, and how are people supposed to know you ignored those articles? Meanwhile, anyone causing a problem is very obvious, so we're constantly exposed to people doing stupid shit while the ones who aren't might as well not exist.
>>
>>334907450

Maybe if you autist would stop constantly posting about shit like katawa shojo and neptunia we wouldn't call it weebshit.
>>
this game was weebshit as fuck

also pretty decent
>>
>animal pig mascot
>huehue even love can bloom on the battlefield
>muh ancient civilization
>gary stu nature autist
>generic hackneyed racism

Even Neptunia has less cheesy writing than this shit.
>>
There's a lot of coldsteel niggers in this thread.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.