[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if it sucks? What would Atlus need to do wrong for this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: P5200313556724.png (428 KB, 825x610) Image search: [Google]
P5200313556724.png
428 KB, 825x610
What if it sucks? What would Atlus need to do wrong for this game to be bad?

>less characters than p3/p4
>no dual audio
>fusion system changed to be more casual friendly
>main character is homosex
>p4 cameos that make no sense are only used for cheap pops
>waifu dating system removed
>being able to cheat removed
>open world not expanded
>dank memes
>bad soundtrack
>no romance with cat
>friendships/relationships similar to p4 in how characters fall in love with you day 1 and suck your dick throughout the entire game without you needing to put in the effort to make them like you
>system of allowing choices to directly influence gameplay and outcome of how the story unfolds removed
>predictable ending
>quest markers
anything else?
>>
>>334906943
>less characters than p3/p4

This means that they can develop and flesh out the cast a lot more, even if that were to happen, since they're probably unannounced party members

>no dual audio

With Sega now involved that may change, though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

>fusion system changed to be more casual friendly

It's probably gonna be similar to the one used in P4G, and besides fusing was kind of a pain in the ass anyway.

>p4 cameos that make no sense are only used for cheap pops

Asides from a small cameo similar to Chihiro's appearance in P4, I can't see that happening.

>waifu dating system removed

Considering this is a big selling point of the modern Persona series, it's highly unlikely.

>open world not expanded

Persona was never open-world to begin with, but what they've shown so far of the world looks interesting

>dank memes

I don't think Atlus USA have implemented memes in their localizations before, so I don't see why they would start now.

>bad soundtrack

Shoji Meguro has a track record for producing great music across the entire megaten series.

>no romance with cat

Not gonna happen.
Source:
my dad works at Atlus.

>friendships/relationships similar to p4 in how characters fall in love with you day 1 and suck your dick throughout the entire game without you needing to put in the effort to make them like you

This probably will happen, since player ego stroking happened a lot in P4.

>predictable ending

It's gonna be open ended, since they're gonna want to milk the fuck out of it, if it ends being successful as P4.

>quest markers

It's not common for JRPG's to use these so they shouldn't happen either.
>>
15 hour long intro.
Only 10 different demon models, the rest are reskins.
Final boss is some random goddess again.
Dungeons that are somehow worse than P3/P4's.
Cat has a super annoying voice (in both languages).
Forced English dub that's full of memes, and every character is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal or Ashley Burch.
Marie cameo.
DLC.
>>
>>334908430
Ill take a forced english dub since P4 sounded like utter garbage in gook.
>>
>>334906943

Well, they're making a Persona game so chances are it's going to be bad.

That said, if they make an RPG this time instead of the halfhearted shell of one then it will be good.
>>
File: 1454364381458.png (178 KB, 285x437) Image search: [Google]
1454364381458.png
178 KB, 285x437
>>334908595
>"waaah it has things other than dungeon crawling in it its not a TRUE JRPG"

fuck off
>>
>>334908830

>He thinks Persona gameplay is good
All I want is to play a game whose gameplay is fun.
>>
>>334909370
It's almost the same as any other SMT game, fuck off.
>>
>>334909370
>whose gameplay is fun
But what if other people have fun with it? What right do you have to tell others what's fun or not?
>>
>>334909523

Except significantly dumbed down and with terrible dungeon and enemy variety.
>>
File: 1451638813620.jpg (31 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
1451638813620.jpg
31 KB, 500x413
>>334909586
That's because you spend a good chunk of the game doing other stuff. Having to juggle a hardcore SMT game along with social links would be overwhelming for most people. Persona is an inherently casual game, it's more easy going and relaxed. That doesn't make it worse, it's just a different flavor.
>>
>>334909523
Honestly it's startling how much better the combat of, say, Nocturne is against Persona 3/4 just because of the small adjustments they made.
>>
>>334909723

You're spending 60 hours or more in a Persona game, There need to be mechanical depth or it becomes completely tiresome.
>>
>>334909930
It has depth, it's just not as balls deep in its battle system and fusing as IV or Nocturne or even the PSX Persona games. Between fusion, social links, and dungeon crawling, there's usually plenty to do in Persona 3/4.
>>
>>334910168

> Between fusion, social links, and dungeon crawling, there's usually plenty to do in Persona 3/4.
Fusion is the only one of these that takes any thought. And it's not even close to as significant as it was in SMT games because you're only fusing Personas for yourself, not demons to fill several slots in your party.
>>
>>334910270
Right, because the main character is the wild card in the party who can fill any role you want him to. Also, depth isn't a binary thing. Games aren't either casual or hardcore. Persona 3/4 do have depth in their mechanics but not as much as full fledged dating sims or full fledged SMT games.
>>
>>334910387

>Persona 3/4 do have depth in their mechanics but not as much as full fledged dating sims or full fledged SMT games.
And this is my contention. What you're getting with Persona games is just a flat mimicry of each genre. Without the depth of a full fledged JRPG or VN, you're left with an awkward lame mixture that only lasts until the halfway mark before becoming tedious and boring.
>>
>>334910543
I, and an overwhelming amount of people, disagree. Even if you follow a guide, it takes you almost the whole game to max out your social links. If you're not invested in the characters then it can be tedious, but that's completely subjective and varies from person to person. Each game has its low points, sure, but it's not boring the whole time. Golden at least mixed things up a bit by throwing in events during the boring parts.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.