[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one good reason why I shouldn't buy this for 30 bucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Rise-Of-The-Tomb-Raider.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Rise-Of-The-Tomb-Raider.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1200
Give me one good reason why I shouldn't buy this for 30 bucks
>>
>>334906057
Haha epic thread op 1+ heres some reddit gold
>>
I'd explain how it's bad and not Tomb Raider, but then you won't give a shit about that, so...go ahead.
I liked it for about 30 minutes, then it got really annoying.
>>
>>334906057
you'll play it once and never touch it again. just redbox it bro.
>>
>>334906057
It's a very decent game, but don't expect much replayability after your first run.
>>
>>334906141
Please elaborate
>>
>>334906167
>>334906191
I was only expecting one playthrough
I know how these games work.

The hell is redbox? is this an american thing?
>>
Just get the OG Tomb Raider trilogy
>>
File: 1450256212588.jpg (36 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
1450256212588.jpg
36 KB, 500x348
>>334906057
>>
>>334906217
It has literally nothing to do with the original TR games. Hell, the tombs are an insult.
The characters are annoying (and stupid, just so the "plot" can progress), the location uninteresting, the antagonist is crazy, but not in a fun way. The enemies (both as characters and AI) are stupid, the fighting is boring, the coincidences that lead you to progress are annoying....just about everything in it is generic and generic shit.

Many people seem to like it, so eh. Maybe I'm just bitter.
>>
Because it doesn't even cost remotely close to that anymore.
I really liked it
>>
>>334906346
Redbox is a disc spewing rental box, paid per day
>>
>>334906057
did you like the 2013 game? it's more of the same

>>334906346
yes it's a rental service of sorts
>>
>>334906708
>it's more of the same

Interestingly, it's basically the exact same. The only thing that's changed is set pieces.
>>
>>334906663
Oh wait whoops I thought we were talking about the first game.

Yeah I dunno 30 seems alright for it.
>>
>>334906568
To be honest, I just want a casual as fuck, nice looking, action/adventure game while i'm home sick for a few days.
I don't really give a shit how much or how little it has to do with the originals.
I kinda enjoyed the first reboot tomb raider, though I am glad I didn't pay for it

Is it at least a little comfy?
>>
>>334906708
>>334906757
Damn. If that's really the case, I guess i'll just wait till they eventually crack it. Hopefully
>>
Lara gets chased by the organization that killed her dad, she follows the story of a prophet all game, then meets the prophet and then helps the prophet and his mountain people kill her dad's traitorous wife and incestuous brother/lover figure before they use some apple of eden type artifact to become immortal.

There i saved you 30 bucks.
>>
>>334906874
my plan as well as I hope 3DM goes back to cracking denuvo next year.
>>
I hate to say it but the Uncharted movies are more fun than this knock-off.
>>
>>334907683
naughty dog knows not to get up it's own ass.

This new series takes itself way too seriously
>>
>>334906807
yeah
>>
>>334906807
>Is it at least a little comfy?

It isn't. But whatever, obviously I feel different towards it than you, so go ahead.
>I kinda enjoyed the first reboot

Than this is perfect for you. It's exactly the same, after all.
>>
The gameplay is fun, the story is generic, the graphics are really fucking good. Really only fun for one run-though though.
>>
>>334906057
You can buy it less from cdkey resellers because it came free with nvidia cards back then.
>>
>>334908745
>The gameplay is fun

Wat. How? The shooting is shit (whack-a-mole), the jumping is clunky as all hell, you're being handheld and railroaded like FF13, secrets are pointless, "tombs" are REALLY pointless (and not tombs), puzzles just aren't....what else is there?
>>
I got it for free with my new GPU and I couldn't even finish it.

Openworld kills games.
>>
>>334909082 Openworld kills games.

No. TR is not open world.

And it's bad open world that kills games. Just as any bad element kills a game. But effort is overrated today. Brand/name recognition and mindless time wasting is all that's required.
>>
>>334908937
>The shooting is shit (whack-a-mole)
Use a bow.
It's fun when you opened double shot with double arrows.
>>
>>334906057
You have autism.
>>
if you wait 6 more months, you can get it for under 20
>>
>>334908937
Some people dont need to nitpick every tiny little detail and can have fun with a game anon.

Sometimes playing a shit game is just fun
>>
>>334909578
Thank you for enabling companies to produce more shit, instead of having them make an effort.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.