[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3: Thread #863
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100
File: 374320_20160419221404_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160419221404_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Post characters.
Post builds.
Tell others they're bad at the game.

>Favourite area to explore/for its aesthetic?
>Favourite weapon?
>Favourite armour set?
>Favourite boss and OST?
>Favourite enemy design?
>Best NPC?
>Worst NPC?
>Worst feature?

I know there are a lot of other threads up for Dark Souls 3 right now, but have one more just in case you're not annoyed enough by them yet.
Fuck /vg/
>>
File: Sir Doodly.jpg (192 KB, 824x824) Image search: [Google]
Sir Doodly.jpg
192 KB, 824x824
>>334905543
no area has really been a standout so far (just made it to the Profaned capital at level 24), but its been a great adventure so far.
>Favourite weapon?
Been using a raw Astora Straight Sword and its tearing shit up
>Favourite armour set?
Fallen Knight is the coolest one ive seen so far
>Favourite boss and OST?
haven't really noticed anything
>Favourite enemy design?
Those drowned-girl-spider things creeped me out when I first saw them.
>Best NPC?
Anri, but then I killed her for her sword.
>Worst NPC?
Patches. I missed him at the cathedral and now I don't know where he is.
>Worst feature?
Covenants. Way of Blue and Blue Sentinels should have been the same cov, mad phantoms just seem like easy mode dark phantoms, two covs have defense areas that dont overlap and no other online traits. Whole thing is a bit of a mess, I think more could have been done with fewer covs.
>>
>>334905543
Might as well try and ask here again:

What's the best way to play with magic?

I've already beaten the game twice with a knight and I wanna try something different. Might even go for the cheevos
>>
>>334905543
>>Favourite area to explore/for its aesthetic?
Can't decide, a lot of them look really good. Maybe Archdragon Peak even though I absolutely hate that place.
>>Favourite weapon?
Either Lothric Knight Sword or Refined Drakeblood sword.
>>Favourite armour set?
Lothric Knight set.
>>Favourite boss and OST?
Nameless King was pretty cool, but I also loved Deacons.
Abyss Watchers is the only OST that really stuck with me
>>Favourite enemy design?
Cathedral Knights or those spider things in the Irithyll sewers
>>Best NPC?
Uh ... dunno, Anri seems the least annoying
>>Worst NPC?
Sirris probably. "Oh you relocated your stats? Then we're enemies even though you've never invaded anyone ever"
>>Worst feature?
Dunno, there's a lot of things I don't like. Not being able to upgrade armor, poise fucking over a lot of things, greatswords being weak, magic being nigh useless, having to level up with a firekeeper AGAIN ... can't decide.
>>
Did somebody say BOSS?
>>
>>334909604
thats not a boss, thats a tutorial.
>>
>>334909604
He wasn't that hard, but his kick was really annoying. Thank god he didn't transform again at least, I couldn't see shit when he did that in the tutorial

>>334909625
That's Champion Gundyr doughnut steel
>>
>>334905543
I really liked the undead settlement

none, all equally "ok" farros sword l2 looks baller tho

fallen knight

Vordt or Deacon

the crazy weeping things with the cross on their back

little slave thief whose name i forgot

Blacksmith is gay

none.
>>
File: 1393165269236.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1393165269236.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
How the fuck are you supposed to beat Soul of Cinder? This fight is absolute bullcrap.

>Fighting him for the first time
>It's tough but I'm slowly chipping away at his health despite his bullshit healing
>As the fight progresses I'm taking tonnes of damage so healing pretty often myself
>Finally get him down to a slither of health and think this is it
>Land what I assume is the killing blow and he starts glowing red
>LOL BACK TO FULL HEALTH GO FUCK YOURSELF

What the diddly fuck muffins is this nonsense? I was completely out of estus at this point having used 11, and now I'm just sat here wondering how I'm supposed to beat this asshole.
>>
>>334909747
meatshield summons help.

Im pretty sure he has a weakness to something like poison or darkness, you should check that out.
>>
File: 20160419174004_1.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160419174004_1.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>334905543
anor londo, specifically fluffytail tower
>>Favourite weapon?
greatsword
>>Favourite armour set?
undead legion + thrall hood
abyss watchers, deacons was fun because I had the greatsword and fought wolnir and abysswatchers first. i summoned a phantom and decimated them, was 1 shotting multiple at a time
the aligator-wolf berserk reference
>>Best NPC?
firekeeper
>>Worst NPC?
sirris, fucking retard tier shit.
>>Worst feature?
covenants, whoever decided to get rid of blue eye orbs needs to kiss a shotgun.
>>
>>334905543
>Favourite area
Cathedral of the Deep
>Favourite Weapon
Sellsword Twinblades
>Favourite armor
Black hand
>Boss
I liked deacons a lot
>Enemy design
Candle funboys at the archives
>Best NPC
Greirat my homeboy
>Worst NPC
Crestfallen
>Worst feature
[spolier] everyone wears Fallen Knight set ruining inmersion [/spoiler]
>>
So Siegward fell off a cliff and died during the demon battle. Am I fucked? What will I miss?

At least I got his armor which is way better than anything I can find this early on in the game
>>
>>334909747
I beat him after a few tries, honestly his first phase is the hardest for me because he fucks me up when going to Dex mode.

After that he fights like Gwyn, with the only real danger is his 5 hit combo which is pretty telegraphed anyway
>>
Can someone tell me who the "yurt" of this game is? I really don't want to deal with that shit on my first playthrough
>>
Anyone done a Gatsu run yet?
>>
Irithyll Dungeon
>Favourite weapon?
Flamberge
>Favourite armour set?
Lothric Knight
>Favourite boss and OST?
Champion Gundyr. Perfect parried until he died, and I liked the dark Firelink area for the fight.
>Favourite enemy design?
Those folk that grow wings. I loved my first encounter with them.
>Best NPC?
Greirat
>Worst NPC?
Sirris.
>Worst feature?
Armour seems pretty useless considering most of it weighs more than it's worth. If I can add a garbage area as a terrible feature, it's Smouldering Lake.
>>
>>334905543
>Favourite Area?
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley

>Favourite weapon?
Profane Greatsword

>Favourite armour set?
Dancer's

>Favourite boss and OST?
Pontif Sulyvahn and his OST, Lothric Princes too.

>Favourite enemy design?
Those 2 big Aldrich's spider-creatures.

>Best/Wost Npc?
None.

>Worst feature?
Not able to roll while casting magic, and magic consuming both Stamina and FP.
>>
File: literally me.jpg (533 KB, 1161x1121) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
533 KB, 1161x1121
boy am I cute or what

Irithyll was probably the most memorable so far. I like Archdragon Peak too.
>Favourite weapon?
Dark Sword because I can't find anything else with a good moveset and worthwhile Faith scaling with or without lightning infuse.
>Favourite armour set?
I really like the Undead Legion armor and the Nameless King's armor.
>Favourite boss and OST?
Boss would have to be Nameless King because I think I have died to him more than every other boss combined so far. Phase 2 kicked my ass constantly. OST goes to Abyss Watchers.
>Favourite enemy design?
This is a hard one, but I liked the looks of the enemies in Irithyll, even though they were a pain to fight.
>Best NPC?
Greirat or Anri
>Worst NPC?
Sirris because she fucked off the moment I wanted to respec.
>Worst feature?
No good support for Faith scaling and magic sucks in general. DaS2 was the worse game but I enjoyed being in full Heide armor and using a Watcher Greatsword.
>>
>>334909928
Don't think there is one.
>>
Lothric Bros are fuckin' crazy, senpaitachi.
>>
>>334909604
Champion Gundyr is honestly my favourite boss in the whole game. It's a straight 1v1 melee fight with no bullshit gimmicks or transformations. I wish all the bosses in DaS3 were like this.

>Tonnes of people summon for this fight effectively making it a cakewalk

It's a real shame. I'm convinced half the people playing this game don't even attempt a boss solo, they just summon two guys and breeze through everything.
>>
>>334909914
A meme questline and a titanite slab. So not much really.
>>
>>334905543
every single person I invade is a nigger. 3v1, taunting if they win. mcdonalds interntet.
>>
Does anyone else think that the game is a little too short?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (395 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
395 KB, 1920x1080
Profaned Capital. I really enjoy the "old ruins" underground sort of thing. Always, always enjoyable. Though I didn't really like the sewers before it.
>Favourite weapon?
Nameless King's Dragonslayer Swordspear is 10/10. God, it's beautiful.
>Favourite armour set?
I really like Nameless King's chest piece, but I dislike his pants and helmet. Currently I'm wearing Pyromancer Starter Circlet. Pyromancer Starter Chest. Ornsteins boots. Ornsteins Gloves. I was going for a whole Barbarian / Conan look. Works really well.
>Favourite boss and OST?
Nameless King. Nameless King.
>Favourite enemy design?
Nameless King.
>Best NPC?
Nameless King.
>Worst NPC?
Sirris is annoying as fuck. "Oh, you talked to that woman? Nah, fuck you. Oh, you've never invaded anyone? Fuck you anyway. Oh, you relocated your stats? Fuck you." Fucking cunt.
>Worst feature?
Straight Swords being brokenly overpowered. And Sirris
>>
>>334910148
Whoops! Replied to the wrong guy. Was meant for >>334909876
>>
>>334905543
>fuck vg
no, fuck u and come to the right board to TALK about the game, instead of using a shitposting board for discussion
>>
>>334910081
I hope you are kidding. This boss is absolute bullshit with his combos/kick/stunlocks in phase 2.
>>
>>334910081
They're screwing theirself out of getting good, and won't get to experience a really great fight. I love the fights with phase changes that aren't just adding another enemy, or suddenly throwing things down from the sky. It's just a fight that gets turned up to 11, and it's great.
>>
>>334905543
I'm a professional cowboy and I use catheters. Been cowboyin' for 25 years. I've had 14 broken bones, 2 concussions and a punctured lung. I know pain and I don't want any more of it. Especially when I cath.
>>
>>334909168
Pick a weapon that will carry you until you can put 40+ points in your preferred school, 30/30 for pyromancy. Rank attunement until you have at least four slots. Find the accessories that best help your school asap.

Gameplay involves weaving spells and melee together. NEVER EVER rely solely on magic, your mana bar won't be able to handle it.
>>
I'm only in the second area (the one where you fight the cursed tree boss) I have to take the game slow because of work. Any levels in this game manage to match Tower of Latria in terms of atmosphere?
>>
>>334909625
That's the Champion, not the Judge and its pretty strong. I faced it with no parry because I had the wrong shield and it was a pretty intense battle.

This fucker makes ari combos like in a fighting game.
>>
>>334910268
Irrythil dungeon is the closest.
>>
>>334910220
When it dies down, sure. At the moment, /dsg/ is shit.
>>
>>334905543
Either Irithyll or the grand archives. Both had amazing level design, maybe the best in the series.
>Favourite weapon?
Demon's Greataxe
>Favourite armour set?
Black Iron Set
>Favourite boss and OST?
The Champ for favorite boss so far, but Twins and pontiff come close second. Haven't done NK yet. Lothric and Lorian for favorite OST
>Favourite enemy design?
the mini Dancers in Irithyll
>Best NPC?
Greyrat
>Worst NPC?
Orbeck
>Worst feature?
The complete uselessness of heavy armor
>>
>>334910225
Roll, nigga. Roll and never stop rolling. For me it was the most enjoyable fight in the game. You gotta really stay on your toes.
>>
File: 20160420013608_1.jpg (367 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20160420013608_1.jpg
367 KB, 1280x720
>>334905543
anyone tried skull ring?
doesn't seem to do anything
I want it to be ds1 aggro mod, help
>>
>>334910061
>Doing those niggers with an Astora UGS

Am I crazy famalam
>>
File: prisoners_chain.png (25 KB, 199x252) Image search: [Google]
prisoners_chain.png
25 KB, 199x252
Is this shit as OP as it seems? The increased damage is pretty small, and it boosts a bunch.
>>
>>334910313
>constant visitors in vg
>"its shit atm"
>things cool down
>"lol dead board wont go"
>>
Nameless king is better in everyway to the champ sorry brehs
>>
File: 20160420005031_1.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160420005031_1.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1080
>ever since DS1
>DUDE LIKE, WHAT IF CHOSEN UNDEAD WAS THE FINAL BOSS
>WHAT IF THE BOSS WAS YOU
>Soul of Cinder
they actually did it the absolute madmen

Fuck this fucker's retarded wind-up and ridiculous tracking though what the fuck.
>>
File: what a day.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
what a day.jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
Hard to say, I wanna say Irythril area in general. From the courtyard to the dungeons. Although it's a love/hate thing. Snowy quiet area of blue and white, outside lake with the moon, dark horrific dungeon with green lights. Enemies here can easily fuck me up if I'm not careful.
>Favourite weapon?
Alot of them appeal to me but I've been sticking with the Lothric Knight Sword + Dragoncrest Shield. Sword & Board Knight scrub for first playthrough. Trying to get gud with great scythe but it's hard.
>Favourite armour set?
Nameless Knight Set + Lothric Helm + Cathedral Knight Set, mix of those. I switch between these 2 sets. Been enjoying swapping armor pieces, seem to be easier to mix compared to DS2.
>Favourite boss and OST?
I'm not sure yet, I haven't finished. I enjoyed alot of them even though they pushed my shit in alot. Props to tutorial boss, good tutorial for new players. Enjoyed Deacon of the Deep + Abyss Watchers theme. Nameless King too.
>Favourite enemy design?
Maybe the Pus of Men/dark dragon things that come out of random undead. Pain in the ass to deal with but goddamn when you first meet one. Also props to enemies in Irythill Dungeon in general. Great scary area to go in first time.
>Best NPC?
I dunno yet
>Worst NPC?
I dunno yet either
>Worst feature?
-parts of online (some convenant functions)
-armor being pointless, makes for good fashion souls though
-current state of magic
-combat feels too fast-paced for a Souls game at times, mostly relentless enemies in some areas or slower you. Or I just need to get gud.

Still having a hell of a blast though.

Taking a break after Nameless King alone. Goddamn, what an ordeal for that and Champion Gundyr.
>>
>>334905543
How the fuck is there no rusted iron ring in this game?
>>
>>334910036
Dragonscale armour + firelink helmet is the cosiest combination, give it a try senpai.
>>
>>334910631
I was bummed too
learned about using dagger weapon art after i was past swamp
>>
>>334910449
Pairing it with the Ring of Favor is pretty good. Good pick if you're not using a heavier weapon, otherwise havel's gives you more equip load to play with.
>>
>>334910471
Get over it, and fuck off back to /dsg/ if it bothers you that much. I'll go there when it's less shit, unless I decide I want to continue discussing the game here instead, because it's hardly different.
>>
>>334905543
>Favourite area to explore/for it's aesthetic
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. Despite it being filled with some tough enemies and gank sqauds, it's still the most visually appealing area in the game. I love Archdragon Peak as well.
>Favourite weapon
My favourite is probably Dragonslayer Bow, just because it's a cool looking bow. The weapon I use the most is a Darksword however, mainly for that sweet, sweet damage.
>Favourite armour set
I don't really use full sets, but at the moment I'm rocking the Farron Helm, Drang armour, Knights gauntlets, and Elite Knight leggings. I look fucking dapper, m8.
>Favourite OST
Soul of Cinder. Hands down.
>Favourite enemy design
Dancer of the Boreal Valley. The way she moves and fights is brilliant.
>Best NPC
Anri (Female) or Karla.
>Worst NPC
Most of them are garbage desu.
>Worst feature
Gimmicky bosses.
>>
>>334910670
I've been using it with the Ring of Favor, but I use a greatsword. I just haven't noticed a big impact from using it.
>>
File: portraitoftheautistasayoungman.jpg (13 KB, 247x300) Image search: [Google]
portraitoftheautistasayoungman.jpg
13 KB, 247x300
>>334910861
>tfw used Dark Sword in 1 because it had the best fucking moveset in the game and now its become a meme weapon
just kill me.
>>
>>334910719
>discussing in a dedicated shitposting board
>>
>>334910972
It looks like shit though. It has fantastic damage when upgraded and infused with a heavy gem, but it's disgustingly ugly.
>>
File: 1414612205748.jpg (44 KB, 480x674) Image search: [Google]
1414612205748.jpg
44 KB, 480x674
>no scraping spear
>no darkwood grain ring
>no hair on ornsteins armor
>final boss is a dissapointment
>game relies on multiple enemies = difficulty way too often
>stupid shit like the huge ballistae in smoldering lake hitting you when you walk to the fucking boss room
>awesome bosses like the pontiff/yhorm/wolnir being way too easy
>great maces fucking suck
>ultra great swords have the shittiest backstab animations
>fucking second chance
>dual wield katana weapon is not symmetrical
>like 3 weapons in the game have a scaling better than C
>no well what is it gesture
>fucking again
>pleb tier areas with multiple dragons/ being unable to heal while standing in the fire

other than that
>great visuals
>extremely cool boss fights like abyss watchers, wolnir, yhorm, pontiff
>cloth physics look pretty swag
>lots of fan service with all the fucking armors from das1/2
>mother fucking hornet ring
>THE KICK IS BACK
>great music often
it's a mixed bag honestly, i bought it for the pvp and so far all that happened was me 1v4ing which is complete shit

ill have to see and try other covenants but dark wraithes got shafted hard once again
>>
where did all of the NPCs in my game go?
>>
>>334910643
Noted, I haven't beaten the game yet but I'm fairly close. I will have to try that out after killing SoC.
>>
File: 1391240545561.jpg (57 KB, 337x367) Image search: [Google]
1391240545561.jpg
57 KB, 337x367
>>334911237
>Extremely cool boss fights like wolnir, yhorm
>Extremely cool boss fights
>Wolnir and Yhorm

That is some extremely shit tier taste, anon. Both those bosses are raw GARBAGE, and both rely on gimmicks.
>>
>>334911384
but gimmicky bosses are fun when done right

>wolnir
gave me the biggest fucking adrenaline rush and i love huge skeletons

>yhorm
a nice throwback to demons souls and hes actually beatable without his fucking gimmick if you have an hour of patience
>>
>>334911478
>gimmicky bosses are fun when done right
Only Yhorm is good.

Wolnir is just ass.
>>
>>334911237
>stupid shit like the huge ballista in smouldering marsh.
There's a bonfire closer to the boss so you don't have to deal with the ballista. Or, you can go and disable the whole thing.
>>
>>334911554
You could just not die to the fog. He's still a good fight.
>>
>>334911554
I would have preferred to fight Yhorm in a more traditional manner. Could have been a cooler version of the Giant Lord fight in DaS2, but they ruined it with a dumb gimmicky weapon.
>>
>>334911237
>>334911590
he could also count to three but clearly that's above his pay grade
>>
>>334911554
i disagree, he had some great atmosphere was much more exciting than say the fucking nameless king

>>334911590
i know, the ballista still hits you if you're anywhere on the stairs and i think that's just bull shit

i disabled the ballista afterwards

>>334911646
how so? did your world crumble to dust now that you realized someone has an opinion different to yours?
>>
>>334911593
I died to the fog a grand total of one time. It's a cheap death, mixed with the worst gimmick a boss can have. Hit me in exactly 3 places before the killer timers ticks over.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (36).png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (36).png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>334905543
SL55 Defender of Aldritch reporting in

Archdragon Peak
>Favourite weapon?
Ornstein Spear
>Favourite armour set?
Fire Keeper set
>Favourite boss and OST?
Nameless King
>Favourite enemy design?
Guys summoning NPCs in Archdragon Peak
>Best NPC?
Karla
>Worst NPC?
Siri
>Worst feature?
Darkmoon/Blue sentinels covenant, shit never works
>>
>>334911725
>if you're anywhere on the stairs
try standing not where it hits you
and rolling where it can
how is this ballista not totally fair
>>
>>334911746
So you're just upset about dieing to the fog over anything else. Good to know that's where it's coming from.
>>
File: 20160417023224_1.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160417023224_1.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
>>334911867
>witch hat and firekeeper set
my wizza
looks like a larp wizard from behind. dat cloak.
>>
File: 1456458005029.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1456458005029.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>>334905543
>people complain that dex weapons shit on heavy weapons

People who say this are the type of people to stay locked on the entire fight.
>>
>>334905543
cathedral of the deep since it was the first area that had actual layers.
>>Favourite weapon?
Lorian Greatsword, it was the butcher knife before that.
>>Favourite armour set?
Court sorcerer set with Lorian crown.
Soul of Cinder, basically a pvp fight. beat him second try though, just that combo wombo that got me.
the fire demons in smouldering lake that have 4 arms witht he ball of fire
>>Best NPC?
yuria
>>Worst NPC?
patches
>>Worst feature?
very linear up until crystal sage
>>
>>334912068
>Beat him second try
I don't believe you, unless you summoned.
>>
>>334911992
on men it just looks dumb thanks to the lace
>>
>>334912121
>people are this shit at the game
Just admit that you suck rather than claiming other people are lying
>>
>>334912121
i was SL80
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
Should I even bother? This fight is pissing me off like nothing else. I can't even kill the Dragon before half the time incsnt even hit the thing. Is it worth summing?
>>
>>334911237
>pontiff
>way too easy

What.
>>
>>334912045
I genuinely don't get it. Are they trying to swing their slow weapon at an enemy as it's attacking them with a faster weapon, then complaining it didn't work? That's stupid. Time your attacks better, and control your swings.
>>
File: blue-eye-orb[1].png (7 KB, 102x120) Image search: [Google]
blue-eye-orb[1].png
7 KB, 102x120
Archdragon Peak or Lothric Castle
Butcher's Knife
Gundyr's set
Final boss. Facing the combined embodiment of all the player characters was a perfect ending to the series.
Giant crystal lizards
Leonhard the Ringfinger
The miracle trainer

>Worst feature?
Removal of PvP Sin and Blue Eye Orb invasions. Right now red eye invasions are more lucrative than ever due to
-full orb being obtainable relatively early in the game
-successful invasion rewards resurrection items again
-being able to invade when not in full HP form again (thank god)
-level reset mechanic is tied to a PvP covenant, meaning invaders can reroll their stats for optimal builds
-killing a blue defensive invader nets you two extra covenant items
which are all great changes, but there are no consequences for fucking people up. During my two playthroughts I was never able to get summoned as a Blue / Darkmoon member, though I fought against them as a red invader on quite a few occasions. Blue / Darkmoon and Wolf covenant invasion requirements are way too restrictive.

>>334912201
The Dragon part is piss easy. Just hit him on the head instead of his legs, as that does a lot more damage. If you hit him enough he also stumbles backwards, at which point you can perform a riposte-like grab attack on the head and deal massive damage.
>>
>>334912201
It's actually insanely easy once you get it down. Just roll through his spear, wait for the dragons head to come down and then go ham on it with a lightening weapon. After that it's just a standard 1v1 duel.
>>
File: CgeyWSAUIAEBttq.jpg (57 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CgeyWSAUIAEBttq.jpg
57 KB, 1024x576
slavic squat
>>
>>334912201

If you're melee, you pretty much need to summon for it. The dragon phase is some serious bullshit for solo melee builds.
>>
>>334912169
SOC has like, 5 different movesets which going in you have no idea what they are and after the first phase he gets a 5 hit combo which is pretty telegraphed once you notice the tell but has insane range and you have to roll away like 4 times. So that's 2 deaths that make sense if you went in blind. So unless you knew the patterns beforehand, had tons of levels or summoned I don't think you could do it in 2 tries unless you are some sort of souls autist or used magic
>>
>>334912386
>the dragon phase is some serious bullshit for solo melee builds.
no it isn't, are you joking?
>>
>>334912386
>If you're melee, you pretty much need to summon for it.
Git gud. You can target the Dragon's head and hit him there. He constantly keeps it low enough for melee weapon range.
>>
>can't infuse crossbows
Why?
>>
File: 20160418005623_1.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160418005623_1.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
>>334912386
the dragon phase is really easy, EXCEPT for the camera fucking you up. Everything he does is easily avoidable.
>>
>>334909928
Leonhard, but only if you use rosaria's services/offer her a pale tongue
>>
>>334912386
>not heading the drake enough that you gouge out the fucker's eye
Maybe, you're just bad.
>>
>>334912684
the only one he kills is rosaria anyway, who you get to ressurect
>>
>>334912684
Leon is more of Lautrec than Yurt.
>>
>>334912684
He's not really comparable, because unlike DeS' Yurt he doesn't permanently remove NPC services from the game. However there are many other ways you can fuck up and lock certain NPC trainers / merchants for the rest of the game.
>>
File: 374320_20160420051100_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160420051100_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>334912386
I'm pretty sure every melee weapon when two handed has some sort of vertical swing.

Just use a greatsword two handed man. Or kukris fuck his ass.

Archdragon Peak
>Favourite weapon?
These fucking twinswords
>Favourite armour set?
Nameless king
>Favourite boss and OST?
Nameless King, the final boss's theme when the second half kicks in
>Favourite enemy design?
The hand babies
>Best NPC?
Andre
>Worst NPC?
Patches
>Worst feature?
Covenants. A lot of them feel too samey. There's 3 forest bros for instance.

I was going for a black guard look. I also fell in love with these broken twin swords.
>>
>>334912845
Yeah, on my first playthrough I somehow managed to fuck up literally all but one NPC questline and ended up with a desolate Firelink Shrine by the end of the game.
>>
>>334909747
Is your weapon +10 ?
>>
>>334912452
im the guy who said he did in two.
>SL80
>lorians great sword +5
>15 estus +10
only used 2 estus in the first phase. the only time i died was when he grabbed me and did that flaming skewer.
admittedly id watched the fight on twitch before release. i had a much harder time with pontiff
>>
>>334912892
Are those twin swords quality or dex? because I wanted to use them but I went with oni instead.
>>
>>334913049
Yeah. I have the choice of a +10 Darksword, or a +10 Fire Longsword.
>>
>>334913208
look at this fucking pleb

>longsword +10
lmao dude kys
>>
Is it just me or is this way easier than the last games?

The only boss I've died to so far is Aldrich (just beat him) thanks to his bs 1 shot arrow rain attack.

Also straight swords seem OP, still using my Astora straight sword.

>tfw Greirat didn't make it back from Irithyll
>>
File: 374320_20160420052415_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160420052415_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>334913191
Quality. I'm going to clean up my build later when I get the better havel's and fap ring.
>>
>>334913304
FIRE longsword. It does nowhere near the damage a regular +10 Longsword would be doing. It's more of a situational weapon really, for stuff which is weak to fire. I'm also in the process of upgrading a Lighting Longsword to +10. There's no reason not to use any of the small straight swords, because they're fucking brilliant.
>>
>>334913414
you just know how the games work now. try going back to 1 and 2, they are WAY easier
>>
File: 1460671368610.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1460671368610.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>There's 6 different bowing gestures

For what purpose?
>>
>>334908108
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Unbreakable+Patches
>>
>>334912657
Easily avoidable, yeah, but not very easy to hit. At least that was my experience as a summon. I just dragonslayer longbow the fuck out of the sky.
>>
>>334913603
after every attack his head lingers by the ground for an eternity netting you a couple of free hits
>>
File: 1450042399429.png (1 MB, 1059x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450042399429.png
1 MB, 1059x1080
Who else here is doing a SL1 run?

at crystal sages and using a fire longsword, not much trouble so far. any tips from someone who has gotten further in the game with it?

also trying to get good at parrying, actually way easier then I though when you actually use a small shield, medium shield parrying its stupidly hard in comparison.
>>
>>334913553
You'd only complain if there weren't enough.
>>
>>334905543
Is there a general pvp level range yet?

Str guy is resting at level 100, but I keep seeing people say 90 is a stopping point.
>>
>>334905543
i run with
longsword refined
shield of want
longbow
saintly tali
Lothric knight stuff but with herald helm

35 health
30 endur
25 vit
28 str
40 dex
25 faith

I like the dragon peak or whatever aesthetically but ive got a thing for vaguely religiously places on top of peaks

i need to mess with more weps, astora greatsword is k

dancer set is my fav new armor

cursed tree was fav boss - nameless king ost

i still like the silver knights

best npc still blacksmith

Worst npc is sorcerer merchant

worst feature is vitality
>>
>>334913942
Press enter a few more times you limited edition Shitlord
>>
File: 20160419221937_1.jpg (143 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
20160419221937_1.jpg
143 KB, 800x600
Cathedral of the Deep was really nice looking
>Favourite weapon?
P A R T I Z A N
>Favourite armour set?
Jailor is nice and edgy
>Favourite boss and OST?
Soul of Cinder purely for the Gwyn phase and its OST
>Favourite enemy design?
Giant enemy crabs
>Best NPC?
Yuria
>Worst NPC?
The Shrine Handmaden, fuck her
>Worst feature?
How shit my computer is at running it
>>
>>334914032
?
>>
File: 1459261785931.png (58 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459261785931.png
58 KB, 640x640
How do I kill the Soul of Cinder
I've killed every other boss with relative ease but this guy is just pushing my buttons at the most random times
>regular sword is fine except when I get caught in a combo and die in 3 hits
>can't deal with the curved sword phase at all
>pole is fine
>magic phase only goes well if he doesn't do the little homing things
>magic homing things last and refresh between weapon changes
>either get fucked up weird tracking or that lightning from the sky attack
>randomly get damaged by the instant thrusting attack, sometimes while to his side
I just can't do this, it's jlkJIFDHsIJ.
>>
>>334913843
You should be safe at SL100.
>>
>get summoned for bosses because need some free souls
>host dies
>summoned again
>dies again
>repeat 10 times until both the boss and host are stuck in no-animation
>easy kill boss without taking damage

>summon a dude because i died to aldrich once
>phantom can't enter the fog and waits outside until i finish my boss

>get invaded in the swamp early game
>invader tries to hide behind mobs
>fight the crab, 2 knights, npc invader and pc invader at the same time
>i still win

>get invaded before anor londo
>dude tries to bow
>i kill him
>get a DISHONORABRU message on steam

There's literally no reason not to pirate this game
>>
File: Niiiice.jpg (20 KB, 550x336) Image search: [Google]
Niiiice.jpg
20 KB, 550x336
>>334914032
beautiful
>>
>>334914171
How do you get messages on steam?
>>
Started a new character, just running around with the parrying dagger learning how to parry everything.

My favourite boss is probably Nameless King, Wolnir or Deacons of the Deep.

Worst feature is how the game fucking stores your actions when you get hit so you automatically roll or attack the moment you leave hitstun, it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>334914239
invader found me on steam and started a conversation with me
>>
Wtf i killed Soul of cinder!
How is it fair that he restores all his HP?
>>
Are there any tricks to some boss fights?

Like in Bloodborne, you could play a music box and disable Father Gascoigne for a few seconds. Numbing mist stopped Vicar Amelia's healing.

I know when you're fighting the giant, you can use the storm ruler. But, that's really just copied from DeS
>>
Undead Settlement was my favorite. Lothric Castle was super cool to.
>Favourite weapon?
Couldn`t form an opinion on this yet
>Favourite armour set?
Abyss Watchers, it`s a meme set, but I like it.
>Favourite boss and OST?
Boss: Gay Prices Bos./ OST: Dragonslayer Armor
>Favourite enemy design?
Boss: Yhorm / Nonboss: weird Capra-like Demons
>Best NPC?
I fucked all my npc quest... But I really liked Onion bro's first "misssion"
>Worst NPC?
The Pyromancer is kinda shit, and I it didn't seem like he had a quest at all.
>Worst feature?
Straightsword being the best weapon.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original4.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original4.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I loved the Road of Sacrifice and everything up to the Cathedral.
>Favourite weapon?
Yhorm's Great Machete
>Favourite armour set?
I loved Karla's set but I switched to Yuria's now.
>Favourite boss and OST?
Dragonslayer Armour, but for OST I pick the track that is being played during the Soul of Cinder fight. I love how it is Gwyn's original theme during the second phase.
>Favourite enemy design?
The jailer in Irithyll dungeon. They still have to drop me their headgear..
>Best NPC?
Greirat rocks. Though I wished that after turning Irina to a firekeeper that she would still talk to you or something. That was a bit disappointing.
>Worst NPC?
Ludleth. Just sitting there the whole time having nothing interesting to say.
>Worst feature?
Summoning works fine, weapon arts work kind of fine too. Just finished the game yesterday and I am still loving it. Maybe the teleporting from the start bit.
>>
>>334912201
How do i find this fucker?
Iv'e looked everywhere
>>
>>334905543
cathedral of the deep/anor londo cathedral
>>Favourite weapon?
blessed claymore is best claymore
>>Favourite armour set?
currently cathedral knight
fight: watchers ost: index finger
those hollow crow things that grow wings once you go near
>>Best NPC?
can't decide
>>Worst NPC?
crestfallen warrior the 4th
>>Worst feature?
no ascethics
>>
>>334914439
Clearly you didn't kill him if he goes back to full health, ya dingdong. Yeah, yeah, it's bullshit, but otherwise that fight would be fairly trivial. He effectively gets two lives in that fight.
>>
What element is good? I'm using the Lothric Sword and I need to infuse it with something its +6 at the moment.
>>
>>334905543

>people complain about bloodborne lack of content
>let's make dark souls 3 devoid of content as well

FOR FUCK SAKE

I HAVE TO WAIT TILL FALL FOR THE DLC NOW

30 HOURS

FUCKING

HOURS
>>
>>334914592
protip: path of the dragon
>>
>>334914592
You need a gesture found at the Untended Graves (Or the the area just before that.), and then you need to go back to Irithyll Dungeon and use the gesture where those statues are sar down with their legs crossed looking up at a floating island in the sky. That's Archdragon Peak and where you find the Nameless King boss fight.

It's cryptic as fuck, we know.
>>
>>334908108
>Fallen Knight is the coolest one ive seen so far
>he uses the piss stained set
>>
File: Disapointed dad.png (23 KB, 156x147) Image search: [Google]
Disapointed dad.png
23 KB, 156x147
I miss the ability to upgrade aromors
>>
File: 374320_20160417050615_1.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160417050615_1.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>334905543
>>Favourite area to explore/for its aesthetic
Irithyll and Anor Londo
>>Favourite weapon?
Flamberge, even moreso after the buff
>>Favourite armour set?
Not a single set but I love Karla's Robes/gloves with the Firekeeper skirt and Conjurer Hood
Soul of Cinder for both, just a total love letter to DaS1 that gave me chills multiple times
Dancer, ass aside it's just a cool looking boss
>>Best NPC?
Siegward
>>Worst NPC?
There were some dull ones but none that stood out to the extent I'd dislike them
>>Worst feature?
Giving every other enemy a wombo combo/instakill
>>
>>334914708
I'm at the end of the game now with only two bosses left and I'm clocked at 35 hours. I think that's reasonable, and it's certainly bigger than Bloodborne. Definitely smaller than DaS2 though, no doubt. Even without the DLC.
>>
>>334914126
Bait out his quick jabs with rolls and wait for him to do a 2-3 hit strong to punish him. When he has the homing missiles you can usually get away with one attack and manage to roll away if one or more of them proc. always roll to the right or left when the lightning comes.
>>
>>334915003
So do I actually. I also miss the ability to upgrade weapons to +15. You get so much fucking titanite by the end of the game you end up having nothing to spend it on. I get large shards and chunks off regular enemies now. I have like 35 twinkling titanite as well.
>>
Gonna make a manikin claw build seeing as NG+ is pretty fucking boring

Anyone got a pair they could drop/trade me?
>>
File: Beard.png (226 KB, 680x818) Image search: [Google]
Beard.png
226 KB, 680x818
>>334914126
>Tfw he fucking heals himself
>>
>>334915162
It's a gradually heal and you can take off whatever he does heal fairly quickly. If he was chugging estus that would be a pain in the ass.
>>
File: 1455272931399.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1455272931399.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>Start yhorm bossfight with my bro Seigward
>Seigward lays into him
>Immediately run for the storm ruler
>Spend a minute trying to find the damn thing in my inventory
>Can't figure out how to use it correctly
>Seigward dies
>MFW

He was the only NPC I have a fuck about
>>
>>334905543

21 Vigor
15 attunement
20 endurance
15 vigor
10str
10dex
22int
22faith
10luck

Points are kinda all over the place at the moment trying for dark pyomancer/spellblade hybrid

I don'r get how V is having issues with any of the bosses just learn from your mistakes and you win in a few more attempts.

Going back Anor londo
>Favourite weapon?
Don't really have a favorite weapon yet just using a dark infused broadsword
>Favourite armour set?
Actually looking for a set that is similar to gold helm or Das1 or that red caster set from DaS1

I've mainly been running around in depraved rags most of the game
>Favourite boss and OST?
Aldritch, devourer of gods so far

OST has been pretty underwhelming and my only one big complaint about the game compared to DaS1 and DeS.
>Favourite enemy design?
The giant worm
>Best NPC?
Siegmar of catarina or w/e his name is think hes a different version of the DaS1 one
>Worst NPC?
yuria since she just kinda disappeared for me from the firelink shrine
>Worst feature?
Spells are really weak early-mid game
>>
>>334912892
I use the Farron Greatsword 2-Handed, only it's running attack is vertical
I can still kick the shit out of the Storm Drake, it's only the bastard himself that kicks my ass with his bullshit attack recovery that invariably has him swinging before my attack ends
>>
>>334915874
Your heavy attack also is vertical.

And jumping attack. Just want for the proper time to hit the dragon head. Like after the king does a combo or during the dragon breathing fire on the ground.
>>
>>334915958
Yeah but using the Heavy Attack is just asking to get buttfucked
As I said the Dragon part of the fight is easy as shit, I take one or two hits if any at all
It's the fucker himself that I am currently struggling to get past
>>
>>334914708
>not playing with a different weapon
>not playing NG+
>implying you finished every NPC's story
>not pvp-ing for longer
>>
>just fought the Beacons
What the hell, that didn't even constitute as a boss
The cathedral knight in front of the room gave me more trouble
>>
File: 20160416091217_1.jpg (480 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416091217_1.jpg
480 KB, 1920x1080
>>334905543
Bleed focused, using Claws at the moment. Fun moveset but the limited range is a pain.

>Favorite area
Boreal Valley, maximum comfy.
Irithyll dungeon wasn't interesting looks wise but had great atmosphere.

>Favorite weapon
Warden Twinblades hands down but Black Bow and Spiked Mace are nice too.

>Favorite armor
Cathedral Knight or Undead Legion

>Boss
Pontiff
Main theme best theme
>>
>>334915757

Hybrid builds don't really work anymore because of the changes to magic scaling.
>>
>>334916071
Go for one swing during his recovery from a three combo or during his air lunge.
>>
File: 1433333301390.jpg (39 KB, 442x650) Image search: [Google]
1433333301390.jpg
39 KB, 442x650
>>334914126
>magic homing things last and refresh between weapon changes
This motherfucker
>playing magic will never be anything like any of the magic bosses or enemies
It's like they know how to make magic good and fun but choose to leave player-useable magic in a turbo-gimped state.
>>
Where do you guys find good invasion spots at 90+?
>>
File: Fashion.jpg (2 MB, 1767x1446) Image search: [Google]
Fashion.jpg
2 MB, 1767x1446
>>334905543
Cathedral of the Deep to explore, Irithyll for aesthetic
>Favourite weapon?
Any of the dual weapons
>Favourite armour set?
Karla set
>Favourite boss and OST?
The Champ and Lorian for fighting, Lorian and Cinder for music
>Favourite enemy design?
Rock lizards
>Best NPC?
Greirat
>Worst NPC?
Cornyx
>Worst feature?
Whatever they did to magic
>>
>>334916642
As a sunbro I do not invade, I help those in need.
>>
>>334917069
What about invaders who need help against 3v1 gangsquads?
>>
>>334917069
To be fair, invaders are more often in need than hosts.
>>
>>334910350
Pretty sure the way it functions is AGGROED enemies focus on wearer. So good for co-op.
>>
>>334917189
how do you even join someone in jolly co-invasion? Is it just invading yourself and hoping you're the second man?
>>
>invade group
>host used dried finger
>they've killed every enemy in the area and they are now just killing invaders as they spawn in because, worst case scenario, it will be a 3v2 matchup
>penalized for leaving groups like these, softbanned after enough penalty has accrued

There is no defending the shitty invasion system.

So, knowing From, how long until they fix it? A week? A month? Dark Souls 3: Scholar to Die Edition?
>>
>>334917175
They should let me know and I will attend the invasion then. 3v1 is not what jolly cooperation is about.
>>
>>334917485

The summoner has to have used the dried finger (I think), which changes the maximum extra players from 2 co-op phantoms and 1 invader to 3 co-op phantoms and 2 invaders.

Very rarely will you get summoned for 1v1 or 2v2.
>>
>>334917485
>how do you even join someone in jolly co-invasion? Is it just invading yourself and hoping you're the second man?
Basically yes if you're a red phantom. Host has to have used the Dried Finger. Dried Finger allows host to summon one more friendly phantom, but also puts them on a priority list for invasions and allows two red invaders at once. Aldrich's Faithful covenant works different and there can be two invaders at once even without the host having used Dried Finger.

I hear The Mound-Makers covenant, who also invade using Red Eye Orb work a little bit different from Rosaria's Fingers in that their invasions always prioritize worlds with lots of players (white phantoms, red phantoms, blue phantoms, other grape phantoms) because their job is killing anyone and everyone instead of just the host.
>>
>>334917916
>they've killed every enemy in the area and they are now just killing invaders as they spawn in because, worst case scenario, it will be a 3v2 matchup
How often does this even happen? And invasions worked the same exact way in the previous games.
>penalized for leaving groups like these
According the wiki using black crystal doesn't penalize, unlike pulling the cord.
>>
>>334910580
> headcanon
>>
>>334918768
Well he's not literally the CU, but that is definitely a player. Uses player weapons and fighting styles, switches between movesets and spells the player can use, though significantly buffed. Soul of Cinders is meant to represent player characters, definitely. The whole box art thing is also a bit of a giveaway.
>>
>>334918768
>headcanon
The boss soul description outright states Soul of Cinder is the physical embodiment of all the previous Fire linkers, not to mention the boss itself uses tons of same attacks and abilities that the player can also use. It's all the previous Chosen Undeads. In the second phase however he changes to Gwyn's moveset.
>>
>>334914143
Shit i thought everyone agreed on 125 a long ass time ago
>>
>archdragon peak
>getting the most summons and online stuff here, so figure I'll purple with a white soapstone
>ignore host, just kill enemies and phantoms, maybe lead hosts to bonfires before stabbing them or die in battle
>summoned by another host
>do my thing, kill enemies, kill a red
>while weakened after fighting a red, host kills me
>purple understands, purple is not upset
>summoned again later
>same host
>wait why
>kill enemies, ignore host
>tries to kill me while I kill other enemies
>why does he do this he invited me here
>realize he's trying to farm vertebra shackles off white soapstone purples
wow rude

I'm honestly not entirely sure what to make of mound makers. It seems like it was made for fucking about but your options are so limited you might as well just be a red.
>>
File: cat.jpg (12 KB, 250x298) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
12 KB, 250x298
>tfw you don't like any of the armor sets present in DaS3
>>
>>334919674
You can also use the Red Eye Orb as a Mound-Maker (acting similarly to regular invaders), though like said here >>334918268 grapebro matchmaking prioritizes worlds with most players for maximum chaos since their objectives are slightly different from regular red phantoms.
>>
>>334919674
Mound makers were fun early game when people didn't know that you could kill them but I've found late game the host is just immediately hostile.
>>
This is my first character.
Used the same starting weapons the entire playthrough and still doing so now at NG+3. started as merc.
>>
>>334920072
>acting similarly to regular invaders
yeah, but that's a bit of a turn-off for me. I want to fuck about, kill some enemies, gather up a train and lead them to the host, swap around between targeting the host or invaders, and do all that noise without having to wait to be invited. If I red-eye it's just another gang up on the host deal unless someone else actually invaded.
>>
Posted in another thread, but:
If anyone has a Medicant's Staff on PC that they would wanna trade away, I'm willing to pass some shit off for it.
Looking to complete the sunlight set
>>
Got the Uchi, can't seem to get the MP parry quite down. I probably get it 1 out of 4 times. Any tips?
>>
>>334919980
Fuck sets, Fashion Souls that shit. Not like armor matters. I'm only 4 hours in and I've already found a set I like.
Master's garb & gloves, Deserter's boots, no helm.
Looks bitchin' when I 2h the Uchi or use spear left, uchi right.
>>
>>334920912
all those katana faggots everywhere
>>
File: Pontiff Sullivan.jpg (116 KB, 1260x709) Image search: [Google]
Pontiff Sullivan.jpg
116 KB, 1260x709
This Dude destroy Pontiff Sullivan only with poison while sleeping at safe zone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHWpE4bqms4
>>
>>334920912
thats the thing, i don't like any of the armor sets and i can't find anything i want to mix and match with
>>
>>334921316
Do a naked run then
Your body hair will be your armor
>>
>>334921405
Or better yet, find a decent pair of pants and do a topless run. Did this in DaS1, my dude looked so badass wielding a zweihander in one hand and pyromancies in the other.
>>
>>334909852
Amen to the blue eye orb. Darkmoon is useless now.
>>
>>334921072
>OP as fuck early game
>Doesn't feel like a waste to pay into STR or DEX
>Upgradeable as fuck
>Weapon art is so boss it's practically broken
Why not?
>>
>>334905543
>>334905543
Guys can you please stop fucking having summons every time I invade? Goddamn every time I invade there's always 3 people. It's hard trying to kill you if it's that way.
>>
So why did miyazaki have gwyndolin go out like a bitch
>>
>>334921548
fucking ugly. that's why
>>
>>334921572
Did you play DS1 Gwyndolin was a bitch, all her bossfight was was her pussying out and getting wrecked, legit easier than Pinwheel, her only real power was using her sweet trap charms to convince other people to fight for her
>>
>>334921738
>her
newsflash: being raised a girl does not magically make you one
>>
File: 20160420154724_1.jpg (520 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160420154724_1.jpg
520 KB, 1920x1080
>>
anyone else love the twin orince song.
> tfw that violin shit kicks in
>>
>>334921565
Use white branches, escape firebombs, undead hunter charms, invade in more cramped levels with difficult to kill or ranged mobs. If the host and his group chickens out disappear from their sight and wait behind a corner until they work up the courage to advance forward, then fuck their shit up.
>>
>>334921810
The game refers to her with female pronouns and so will I
>>
>>334921593
You cray cray. The animations are cool as hell and the sword itself is well-skinned and catches the light beautifully.
>>
Pontiff tips? He's a cunt.

And am I not supposed to go to Irithyll Dungeon yet? I cleared out what I could but couldn't seem to progress any further, thought maybe I needed a key past Pontiff.
>>
>>334922080
calls her him in game
>>
>>334922125
i just don't like curved swords.
>>
How do I do a follow up to the parry?

I only do 2 hits parry yet I've seen people have an additional hit while the opponent is on the floor, I thought getting the hornet ring would change it but it doesn't seem like it.
>>
File: reversal_ring[1].png (23 KB, 193x233) Image search: [Google]
reversal_ring[1].png
23 KB, 193x233
>>334922080
No it does not
>A divine ring granted to the Darkmoon Gwyndolin in his youth. Causes males to perform female actions, and vice-versa. Gwyndolin was raised like a daughter through the aura of the moon, and was said to behave like a sullen brooding goddess.
>>
>>334910036
That looks super comfy, what armor pieces are those
>>
>>334922262
Equip the hornet ring to hit 3 times
>>
>>334922080

No it doesn't.
>>
>>334922136
You can parry his flaming sword. Think Gwyn but with more moves. In his second phase, don't attack when he's growing wings, but do attack while he's summoning his Stand.

Dungeon leads to an area containing a Lord. Have you seen the giant? Go into the sewer tunnel next to him and through from there.
>>
>>334922080
it does not you turbo-tumblerina
>>
>>334922136
>Pontiff tips? He's a cunt.
Kill the doppelganger, it has relatively little HP. Pontiff tries to resummon it, during which you can land free hits both on him and the copy.
>>
>>334922159
Really, I could swear it only refers to him as her

But nope, the catalyst you get from his soul says he, I was wrong
>>
File: PS_Messages_20160420_215634.jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20160420_215634.jpg
296 KB, 1920x1080
Find me a cuter set. Protip: you can't
>>
>>334922136
Don't run away, hug his left arm and he'll miss half of his swings. When he summons his clone mash R1/RB and kill it before he summons it.
>>
Any point in reinforcing shield if i only parry with it?
>>
>>334922381
In the dungeon I only seemed to be able to explore the top two levels and I couldn't progress any further down. Is there a path I'm missing?
>>
>>334909604
>All those fucking follow-ups.

Took me 20 tries (DaS3 is my first soulsborne), but even after that I still don't feel I can reliably dodge his follow-ups, they just seem to blend in without any telegraphing, I could be wrong though.
>>
>>334913497
do yourself a favor and upgrade to lothric or astora longswords they're both direct upgrades to the shitty standard longsword
>>
>>334922535

Fallen Knight helmet makes it look dumb family.
>>
File: not gud yet.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not gud yet.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
>>334922216
I'm not big on normal-size straight swords, I really only like greatswords and long rapiers like the Estoc. By the way, here's my character. Only a few hours in, but not terribly bad for starting out deprived, in my opinion.
>>
no pic on my current char, but shes a hollowed thief sporting alvas helmet and deserter armor.
gonna respec to remove my points in vit, its the resistance of 3

archdragon peak, no doubt
>Favourite weapon?
longsword with stance art
>Favourite armour set?
herald and dancer set
>Favourite boss and OST?
princes ost and watchers battle
>Favourite enemy design?
they all are pretty equal to me
>Best NPC?
rosaria
>Worst NPC?
handmaiden cause of ashen one
>Worst feature?
the lack of dialog and over ambiguous questlines, you used to stumble upon characters.
>>
I think I specced my character really poorly.
Too much focus on getting heavy armour early, when health probably would have been a better investment.
Also wasted a point or two in Dex, and one point in trying to get soul arrows. (Can't into magic still)

Starting to struggle with bosses now. Just beat Abyss Watchers.
I can't wait to get a respec.

Also where are all the nice rings at?
>>
Tryhard dual swords best weapon desu senpai
>>
>>334922587
>Any point in reinforcing shield if i only parry with it?
Increasing reinforcement on a shield or weapon that's infused with Blessed or Simple gem also increases the passive HP / FP regen.
>>
Why are there three versions of Firelink Shrine in the game? What kind of dumb time travel bullshit is going on?
>>
>>334923052
99% of the rings are shit
>>
File: 201604.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
201604.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
Who Morne's hammer here?
Special attack vs. Deacons in NG+ was hilarious.
>>
>>334905543
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. What a fucking beautiful area. Every detail is sublime.

>Favourite weapon?
Dark Sword. Say what you like, its fucking dope.

>Favourite armour set?
Master's Robe with nothing else.

>Favourite boss and OST?
So far would have to be Pontff. Bit too easy but cool fight.

>Favourite enemy design?
Those wraith things in Irithyll city.

>Best NPC?
Onion Knight.

>Worst NPC?
Patches.

>Worst feature?
The game is just too easy. The hardest so far has been Pontiff and even he was piss compared to BB DLC bosses. I've only been playing an hour a night, that's why I'm so far behind. Died probably 10 times in total.
>>
File: 608f659d30[1].jpg (42 KB, 546x305) Image search: [Google]
608f659d30[1].jpg
42 KB, 546x305
>>334915162
The way he did it though was pretty amazing, not even mad.

>Gets ready to die
>Just says fuck it and makes a portable bonfire out of his bonfire sword
>Embers himself
>Gwyn starts playing
>>
Are there any NPCs I should kill before heading into NG+?
>>
>>334921886
wait you can get creightons armor? where from?
>>
>>334905543
Can someone explain to me, why this NPC isn't in firelink shrine for me?
I've seen her on streams where the streamers aren't even far into the game. I got like 8 bosses down and she' still not there. How do I get her? What did I miss?
>>
>>334923345
if you go into the Bridge in Irithyll while embered you can find Sirris' summon sign and be summoned to help her fight Creighton.

after you help her Creighton will invade you in the graveyard next to the Yorshka's church bonfire

after you kill him his armor will be in the same bridge you helped Sirris

hope that wasn't too confusing
>>
File: 374320_20160420081605_1.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160420081605_1.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
Holy fuck.

Why can I still not invade anyone god damn it.
>>
Hey y'all I'm doing a faith/Str build mainly using greatswords, does anyone have any recommendations for stat allocation/armour etc
>>
>>334923339
Yorshka drops a good chime.
Yuria her weapon.
Morne his weapon.
Leonhard his set.

Others are pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>334905543
I'm using the Drang Hammers. Did I do it right?
>>
>>334923982
Maracas are my secret underrated weapon, gives A scaling on heavy, eats no stamina, and can use spin bash to catch people out of rolls after a lengthy combo.
>>
Irithyll
>Favourite weapon?
Astora Greatsword/Drang Twinspears
>Favourite armour set?
Herald/Dancer's/Xanthous
>Favourite boss and OST?
Boss is a tie between Abyss Watchers and Champion Gundyr, OST is probably Dragonslayer Armour
>Favourite enemy design?
Most of the enemies are complete bullshit but probably evangelists
>Best NPC?
Irina of Carim
>Worst NPC?
Shrine Handmaid
>Worst feature?
Enemy/boss design obviously takes inspiration from BB yet the player movement is still slow as shit
>>
I actually really liked the Cathedral of the Deep, at least the outside areas, and Lothric Castle. Not much else struck me as ENJOYING it as in liking the environment and such, but I liked most games environments for at leas the graphical part
>Favourite weapon?
I beat the game with a +10 Heavy Dark Sword but went through 90% of the game with Astora Straight sword for PvE and Profaned Greatsword for PvP
>Favourite armour set?
Just the Knight set. The Abyss set was pretty neat, especially in Ember mode, but Knight had better look to it and stats.
>Favourite boss and OST?
Favorite boss was probably Champion Gundyr. He was a cunt. but a fair cunt.

Soul of Cinder has best OST
>Favourite enemy design?
I hated almost every single enemy, so they're all good.
>Best NPC?
Siegward, easily. You walk past him and go fight the demon and he has no hesitations to hop on in and rush to help you. Such a bro.
>Worst NPC?
Yuria. She's a cunt and wants me to kill everybody.
>Worst feature?
Probably not having balanced weapons properly. Greatswords are shit in PvE except against Lothric Princes. They needed more stagger damage on humanoid bosses.
>>
>>334909747
Basically just do the bare minimum to get through each phase other than sorcery, during which you can easily take out 2/3 of his health with almost zero risk of death due to how badly he handles circle strafing and some super basic roles. Phase 2 is a bitch though.
>>
>>334923607
guess i'll have to do it in ng+ as i've finished the game, thanks though
>>
>>334918719

You're reading the wrong wiki. It does penalize.
>>
Irithyll.
>Favourite weapon?
Raw ASS. Would prefer to use a good Spear though.
>Favourite armour set?
Haven't decided. Just been rocking the Herald start stuff.
>Favourite boss and OST?
Sulyvanh was goat, Abyss Watchers had a cooler track though.
>Favourite enemy design?
Black Knight
>Best NPC?
Irina a qt
>Worst NPC?
None that I hate but Yorksha has a really creepy design.
>Worst feature?
Dankmoons not even working properly.
>>
>>334905543
why is like every second chest in this game a mimic?
>>
>>334929918
Fucking really? At least lie properly.
>>
File: 1446274181138.png (56 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1446274181138.png
56 KB, 275x183
Am I the only person who beat Yhorm without that memesword because I didn't even know you were supposed to use it to beat him? Didn't even bother to read it or anything. Please tell me I'm not alone here.
>>
>>334905543
Nameless King has the only attack from a boss I am not sure what to do with.

The fucking birds attack where it goes up in the air and breathes fire is impossible for me to avoid, I have no idea what to do.
>>
So I got spoiled on Seigward's questline, and he's not in the well.

Is he only there once I clear the cethedral, or did I fuck up by meeting Patches at Firelink first?
>>
File: 20160420174336_1.jpg (369 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160420174336_1.jpg
369 KB, 1920x1080
tfw chair
>>
>best area
any area thats stable honestly.
I fucking hated the outside of cathedral though, that area was designed by a retard.
>favorite weapon
longsword. I used it for my first dark souls playthrough so I decided I would go back to it in ds3. Turns out it was a good idea because str was nerfed.
>favorite armor set
ive been making my own fashion souls but leonhards is fun.
I like doing winged helm, lothric chest, winged hands, and outrider legs for a cool knight set.
>boss and ost
princes has best theme. as for best boss I dont know. pontiff was cool but died first try. dancer was hard but wasnt really amazing. if watchers ran better it would be best.
>favorite enemy design
I dont really have a favorite
>best npc
well i fucked up everything but greirat(until ithiryll) and leonhard.
Greirat was a bro though.
>worst npc
sirris was pretty wierd. showed up onw time and vanished forever. then i join rosaria and she appears telling me we were enemies. i killed her ass.
>worst feature
npcs used to appear in the world doing there own things.
now you have to be really meticulous to have a chance
>>
>>334930506

Upgrade a staff to a decent level and use soul arrow for that phase, unless you have <10 int and you can't respec
>>
>>334930704
Can't he see the sparks flying off the chair?
>>
>>334910081
When I put my summon sign down so I could rank up in sunbros I saw tons of people who had never fought the bosses before. Not only are they ruining the game for themselves but they're pissing me off because they don't skip the damn cutscene!
>>
>>334930805

Technically yes

Good luck to him though, chameleon/birch and go seek is like prop hunt on crack. I dried finger'd in Anor Londo and made lunch while disguised as a statue. I know I'm awful
>>
>>334930805
I'm wondering that myself
I guess they just don't pay attention to details when they've become frustrated after been running around for 15 minutes

He came back and I repositioned the chair several times and he never noticed, hilarious
>>
File: 1458454753048.jpg (65 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458454753048.jpg
65 KB, 768x1024
>arrive at anor Londo for the first time
>lay out is the exact same
Holy fuck is the giant still there?
>mfw
>mfw I see the inside
>mfw I see what happened to gwyndolin
>>
>>334914919
fallen knight is too heavy, trying to stay under 30%.
>>
File: 4.jpg (12 KB, 183x235) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
12 KB, 183x235
>>334931507
>messing up Anri's questline and finding him in the tomb

Things went really grim at Anor in general.
>>
>>334931735

>trying to stay under 30

why on earth would you do that?

the difference between lightrolling and midrolling is negligible
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.