[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1990s >enter best buy >speaker systems glaring from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
>1990s
>enter best buy
>speaker systems glaring from the back making the whole store sound like a concert hall
>>
You got any pictures to demonstrate this?

I remember Best Buy being more appealing to me as a kid than it currently is for me now.
>>
>>334901659
>2016
>enter bestbuy
>pick up gtx 980 for 20 dollars cheaper with amazon price check.

the only reason I still like bestbuy is just because of that. if my shit breaks I can go back in 10 min an change out whatever I bought
>>
>>334901659

The place I grew up never had Best Buys until around 04 or so

We did have a Gateway store and multiple Circuit Cities
>>
>>334901659
when will this place die they sell nothing of value
>>
>>334901659
>loud as fuck speakers and retards sperging out on drumsets and electric guitars
>but there were huge TVs with actual games going instead of shitty demos

Mixed bag.
>>
>>334901659
>Best Buy in early 2000's: Great place to get vidya and dvds
>Best Buy in 2016: Hardly any games, overpriced movies you can find cheaper literally anywhere else and an entire section of the store for refrigerators
I'm guessing online shopping killed it but man have the mighty fallen.
>>
>>334902161
not sure what kinda dumb ass bestbuy you had but the 10 best buys around my only had the high end TV's video games, movies, tech, comp, and house hold appliance stuff.
>>
>last time I visited a best buy was 4 years ago
>>
>>334901957

>980

I thought Best Buy only stocked the cheapest shit they can take the biggest mark-ups on. Reference product made by 'who knows the factory? maybe a good one', of course.
>>
>go into Best Buy
>accosted by employees at every turn in every aisle

No I don't fucking need help finding anything jesus fuck I just want to look around ok fuck
>>
>>334901949
>I remember Best Buy being more appealing to me as a kid than it currently is for me now.

iktf but im pretty sure its entirely based off nostalgia. but then again i remember when best buy was selling the snes they had a demo unit with super mario world that was connected to this big ass tv so everyone could see what you were doing. i remember beating the 1st world without even getting hit and people looked at me like i was some kind of gaming god. good times

i want to go back
>>
>>334902445
Calm down, nigga, that's their job. Old people complain if employees don't ask if they need help.
>>
File: 1441227015842.jpg (7 KB, 111x97) Image search: [Google]
1441227015842.jpg
7 KB, 111x97
>>334902274
what the hell is a dvd??
I think I heard someone mention it in history class some time ago,,
>>
fug i remember going to best buy when i was kid was like a fucking event or some shit. the only thing that rekindle this feeling is during a console launch
>>
I remember getting The Avalanches Since I Left You from their music section when I was 15. Hard to imagine I bought that somewhere that wasn't a record store.
>>
File: 2000px-Fry_s_Electronics.svg.png (57 KB, 2000x1375) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Fry_s_Electronics.svg.png
57 KB, 2000x1375
I miss when fry's also use to be good.

It's still better then bestbuy, but they use to carry more neat things.
>>
File: 146113921113370494884.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
146113921113370494884.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>334902445
You literally have to. If you dont you get yelled at. I would know... sorry tho man.
>>
>>334902783
Aww shit i ran everyone off. Forgive my sorry low wage ass everyone.
>>
>>334902783

I tell ya something, I think you'll understand. When you say that something, I wanna hold your hand
>>
Best buy briefly opened in the UK, and it as actually a far nicer store than their competitors, in fact the Best Buys opening forced them to shake up their tired stores and finally redecorate. I mean sure, they had some of the same bullshit that you hear stories about in the US, like pushing £100 monster cables on everything, but their general selection of products, aesthetics and some of their pricing was better than Currys/PCworld

They even had a decent hi-fi section, something Currys have never had.

It's honestly a pity the recession hit hard and they decided to bail on the UK market.
>>
>slowly watching PC gaming section shrink and shrink and shrink some more over the years

Felt awful, gamestop too, but then I realized it was still alive and well just digital now
>>
It used to be so good to get vidya now its just over -priced shit you can get at amazon for way cheaper.

Last game I bought there was New Vegas for about 8 bucks a couple of years ago.
>>
File: 1392065910946.gif (271 KB, 210x131) Image search: [Google]
1392065910946.gif
271 KB, 210x131
>work in a computer service
>retarded co-worker starts watching dark souls 3 let's play on the computer hooked up to the speaker system and leaves
>the whole store can hear some youtuber shout and laugh
>>
I live in a major metropolitan area and most days our Best Buy is deserted. Occasionally you see a couple of people around the TV's. Maybe you'll see someone being helped in the computer section, or a kid playing a video game demo.

I imagine the real money to be made is around holiday time. Back to school sales for laptops and tablets. Parents buying their kids phones. Video game craze during the usual gamut of fall releases.

Best Buy will probably be extinct within the next 10~15 years. The internet is king. We download games now. We download movies now. We download music now.
>>
>>334903379
They actually do amazon price matching now. But its very small selection of "shipped and sold by" and no that doesnt include prime.
>>
>>334902659
Oh man! Dvds were great. Basically, before there was Netflix or itunes, you would have to go out and buy all your movies and tv shows on these discs. But a lot of the time, they would have this cool extra shit on them like audio commentaries, behind the scenes footage, and sometimes a second disc with even more stuff on it. And you could also get these big box sets with entire seasons of tv shows on them.

Too bad we'll never see anything like that again.
>>
>>334903471
Blowing his mind man. Go easy on him. And lets keep it at dvd. Hed probably shit his pants if he knew about VHS. Or better yet. Vinyl.
>>
>>334902509
They couldn't make jumbotrons bigger than ~40 inches back then anon
>>
>>334902431
not at all they do have a lot of top of the line products, the PC area in my Best buy is stacked with top end stuff. it all depends on the bestbuy location I guess. the only people that I see going into the one near me are rich white people. they have a good selection of just about anything, and with their price match thing I usually go in and check out the product before buying.
>>
>>334902431
My place only carries Zotac Which is pretty shit IMO. I would rather buy a ASUS or a gigabyte
>>
>>334901659
>glaring
>>
>>334904143
all they sell near me is Geforce Nivida 980s
and Asus cards. they only sell XFX for amd cards.
>>
>>334903191
Not taking your bongcoins to Richer Sounds for quality hi-fi memorabilia.

Anon, plz.
>>
>enter Best Buy
>it's full of mexcrement and their filth running around
>all try to buy tvs and steroes they can't afford at the register
>white people just shop for electronics online or at Costco

Best Buy is why we need to stop illegal immigration.
>>
>>334904440
I just liked browsing it, they had some higher end brands that richer sounds didn't carry too.
>>
it's 2005 and a man has captured you and strapped a discreet bomb to your chest under your shirt. you're in a van being driven somewhere. the man opens the van door and you're outside a giant mall plaza. you see a best buy and a circuit city. the man writes down the name a cd he wants and gives it you. "you have 5 minutes to get in and out or the bomb explodes" you have no hope to disarm it and you're being watched so you can't flag down any police to help you. you know that as soon as you enter either store you will be instantly surrounded by at least 25 employees trying to sell you a warranty as well as the check out person delaying on your way out trying to sell you replacement service, it's really not a bad deal though right?

which store do you pick?
>>
>>334904969
man that fucker REALLY wants that cd
I'd go with circuit city, best buy's employees are around every corner trying to help people.
>>
>>334904297
Strix cards are pretty good desu
>>
>>334904969
i go to best buy and get all the employees attention and blow myself up

fuck best buy
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.