[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What IS an Elder Scroll? As far as I can understand, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (712 KB, 1024x1417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
712 KB, 1024x1417
What IS an Elder Scroll? As far as I can understand, it's a piece of reality?
>>
>>334898896
Bump
>>
>>334898896
The game itself is an elder scroll.
deepest lore
>>
>>334899758
So Ancestor Moths train to be able to break the fourth wall?
>>
>>334900792
C H I M
>>
>>334898896
It's basicly sum super duper magic scroll that foretells evens from all acrossed time but the sheer amount of information transferred by it can cause blindness and madness
>>
If you understood, you'd go insane.
>>
>>334899758

>deepest lore

Yeah but then you Mundus CHIM Kirkbride Numidium, Marukhati Akatosh and then Vivec C0DA Lorkhan when you mantle KINMUNE Dwemer in 5th Era Thalmor Auri-El
>>
>>334900910
Not really
>>
File: tumblr_mn5ovnJIq11qjwo0uo1_500.jpg (177 KB, 455x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn5ovnJIq11qjwo0uo1_500.jpg
177 KB, 455x750
>>334900831
>>
>>334901049
That's how someone explained them to me.
I honestly think they are stupid
>>
The Elder Scrolls (Kelle in the Dragon Language[1]), also called the Aedric Prophecies (though the accuracy of that term is often disputed), are scrolls of unknown origin and number which simultaneously archive both past and future events.[2] The number of the Scrolls is unknown not because of their immense quantity, but because the number itself is unknowable, as the Scrolls "do not exist in countable form".[3] They are fragments of creation from outside time itself, and their use in divining prophecies is but a small part of their power. They simultaneously do not exist, yet always have existed.[
>>
>>334901049
>>334901308

They are scrolls that can be anywhere when they want that contain information about past, present, and future events. The future events within them are not set 100%, though. Reading them does cause blindness in varying degrees based on the mental fortitude of the person reading them. Ancestor Moths spend years trying to comprehend the information within the scrolls and in the process go blind over a period of years, going completely blind after they fully understand the contents of the scroll (the only way to avoid the blindness is by using a machine made by the Dwemer that interprets the scrolls). The problem though, is that the scrolls themselves are able to be interpreted in a multitude of ways by the people reading them, so two Ancestor Moths reading the same Elder Scroll would come away with differing knowledge from them. Another flaw of them is that periods of extreme time fuckery known as Dragon Breaks fuck the scrolls up and keep them from being able to record information during those events.
>>
File: MK.jpg (32 KB, 450x461) Image search: [Google]
MK.jpg
32 KB, 450x461
the game files
>>
>>334901594
Basically buddhas in scroll form.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.