[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The kids are sleeping. Gears of War 4 Beta thread? Pros >netcode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: gears4.webm (2 MB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
gears4.webm
2 MB, 711x400
The kids are sleeping.

Gears of War 4 Beta thread?

Pros
>netcode
>movement
>controls
>new moves
>new weapons
>weapon tuning

Cons
>maps so far
>active reload affecting unspent rounds

I feel the maps are the biggest offender though. They are incredibly uninspired. Every map in Gears 1/2/3 took place somewhere. There was sense in it's design. These maps feel more like paintball courses with different tilesets.
>>
File: 1451446117816.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451446117816.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
people who complain about netcode are shitters who fail to get good
>>
>>334898464
my main problem so far has also been the map selection, everything else seems pretty good.
>>
>>334898464
Just sold my Xboner but heard that Gears 4 is getting a PC port anyway.

Looks meh.
>>
Huge gears 1 and somewhat 3 fan (hated 2). Is the netcode really better? I watched a stream and it looked terrible and the textures look awful.
>>
i haven't played gears since 2, does the multiplayer still revolve around wallbouncing and rolling around with shotguns? can you do well against good players with the lancer or the hammerburst?
>>
>>334898780
>Is the netcode really better
It feels so good. Shots kill when you'd expect. and don't when you wouldn't.

I'd like to add sound to cons. It's hard to hear footsteps especially and the shotty lacks punch. All the sfx sound "under" the sounds of the level itself. It's probably a mixing issue and will get fixed later.
>>
That does not look great. It looks like they made a super basic map and slapped prebuilt models around it.

Of course it could just be a horrible quality webm but the graphics are ass, if you told me that was Gears 2 with color filtering removed i'd belive it
>>
>>334898815
>does the multiplayer still revolve around wallbouncing and rolling around with shotguns?
Yes
>can you do well against good players with the lancer or the hammerburst?
Yes, but you always could since gears 1.
>>
>>334898982
yeah, but it always felt like you were at a disadvantage if you weren't bouncing around with a shotgun. i haven't played since release though so i was probably a total shitter.
>>
>>334899073
In gears 2 wallbouncing was toned down because of stopping power. The lancer was really good at just controlling space.

Gears 2 played "slower" overall. Larger emphasis on team tactics. It was my favorite Gears.
>>
>>334898745
not 100% confirmed i think
"PC?"
"possibly"
>>
I miss the single shot hammerburst. Always used to piss people off because I could shoot it fast without a modded controller.
>>
Looks like garbage. Sent.
>>
how the heck do i do the knife stab after i pull a motherfucker over cover?
>>
Ended up with a key even though I don't have an xbone.
P6PDF-3R22K-J3RMH-GF772-3DGQZ
>>
>>334903174
Thanks anon, I'll give it a go
>>
File: Blindfiring in a nutshell.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Blindfiring in a nutshell.webm
1 MB, 720x404
Graphically it looks like shit, that's really my only complaint other than the Hammy being garbage again.
>>
Where the fuck is my code?
>>
>Gears thread
>kids are sleeping

No they're very clearly not.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.